• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IGN playing Smash Bros Brawl Again

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/05/11/super-smash-bros-brawl-video-feature?show=HD

check it out, the IGN video team is starting a Smash Bros Braw video series.

Click the link, watch it, sign in, leave comments. Let them know that we care and that it's worth making content on, so other people will watch it and get into smash also.

Tell them what stages, characters, items, etc you would like to see.

Support Smash guys!

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I'm really not suprised at all that there is going a Melee vs. Brawl debate in the comments >_> You mention Smash Bros, you get pointless debating.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
The gameplay itself is a bit basic... but I'm glad to see the Smash scene is still pretty popular outside of the competitive community.

Also OMG THOSE COMMENTERS I WANT TO SHOOT MYSELF IN THE HEAD AFTER READING THAT

Chuee

Smash Hero
Casual play is so entertaining.
"We uploaded this to show a strategy."
*complaining about spamming*
Typical casual players.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I facepalmed because it was so boring, but at least it's getting some attention. Why are they using the Japanese version?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So don't watch it then.

Smash in any form getting 'mainstream' attention is always good to hear.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i like it a lot. :) takes me back.

i still play like this whenever i hang out with friends. free for alls are so fun!

haha, though sometimes it pains me to admit it... it's so fun cuz it's how brawl was made to be played!! :)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm really not suprised at all that there is going a Melee vs. Brawl debate in the comments >_> You mention Smash Bros, you get pointless debating.

This goes for every game franchise that has a broken fanbase.

Case in point: Starfox/Pokemon/Final Fantasy/Tales/Halo/Zelda/Metroid/Mega Man/Castlevania/Fire Emblem/Metal Gear(To a lesser extent), but ESPECIALLY Sonic and Spyro.

This isn't new.

Moving on, nice to see mainstream news of this series.

You guys are idiots.

Just because they aren't good doesn't mean jack.There having fun and getting the game out there more.
Best comment in this thread.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
So long as these people are bringing attention to the game, it will help the Smash community, even if they are sh*tty players.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Brawl is boring to watch period
If I were a mod I'd be infracting people right about now for even thinking of starting ****.

This would be no different for anyone slamming Melee for whatever reason. After 5 years of this game being out, you'd think that this would all stop, but goddamn we suck. Hate to see this get closed because people refuse to let the age old argument die in a thread that has NOTHING to do with Brawl sucking or Melee being better or 64 being the secret gem or whatever.

Just watch and enjoy the lulz.

This isn't directed at you persay, ArtieBoy, but at anyone in general. Honestly, please don't start or try to keep anything going of the sort. Doesn't belong here, and it should have died out long ago as our communities continued to mature.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
If I were a mod I'd be infracting people right about now for even thinking of starting ****.

This would be no different for anyone slamming Melee for whatever reason. After 5 years of this game being out, you'd think that this would all stop, but goddamn we suck. Hate to see this get closed because people refuse to let the age old argument die in a thread that has NOTHING to do with Brawl sucking or Melee being better or 64 being the secret gem or whatever.

Just watch and enjoy the lulz.

This isn't directed at you persay, ArtieBoy, but at anyone in general. Honestly, please don't start or try to keep anything going of the sort. Doesn't belong here, and it should have died out long ago as our communities continued to mature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8_6-mvWCTc&feature=channel_video_title

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Coincidentally, Game Informer just did something like this too. Whichever site did it first doesn't matter btw.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/14/replay-smash-bros-brawl-guest-powerglove.aspx

This goes for every game franchise that has a broken fanbase.

Case in point: Starfox/Pokemon/Final Fantasy/Tales/Halo/Zelda/Metroid/Mega Man/Castlevania/Fire Emblem/Metal Gear(To a lesser extent), but ESPECIALLY Sonic and Spyro.

This isn't new.
Does anyone know if Donkey Kong Country is in that category?

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Yeah I know they suck, but it's great to see it out there.

Anyone who likes big coverage of Smash should write in the comments that you think it woudl be great for them to but pro games on their site and get people to watch those games.

Before you say "that'll never happen" they have videos of pro Starcraft II games on there with an IGN editor talking to the guys that played that match.

They could do a similiar thing with the smash community, Have a replay of a pro match and have the guy that one do commentary on what strategies he used, etc.

It would be GREAT exposure for the community.

There is a new video up, again, it's not great, but that's not the point.

If you think what I am saying makes sense, then leave a comment and let em know we want to see em do commentary on pro games.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/05/14/smash-bros-brawl-after-hours-falco-vs-wario

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I loved watching. I wasn't watching with a critical perspective either. Though I was watching with the hope that one of them would bust out a proper short hop laser or Wario's DAir for pressure. Even if they did it accidentally.

Woulda made my day. XD

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
One of the comments:

komicturtle92

"I would have creamed Nick. My main is Kirby and Ness but I know how to play a very deadly Peach. Fran had plenty of opportunities to knock Nick out had he 'feint' him at the right time. Short hopping and neutral A would have knocked Pit out at that percentage flat out. "

If I ever see him on these boards, I'm going to point out how much of a moron he/she is for trying to show out on casual play comments.

SWF is a community. Not a competitive slum. -_-

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
The commenters kind of make me want to put a bullet or ten through my head...
EDIT: I'm talking about the people responding to the video.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why IGN suddenly decided to pick up Brawl now, almost 3 years after it was released?

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
I could only guess for nostalgic reasons. That and it being one of the only "fighters" and simultaneously "party" games of it's kind.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, just dropping in to make a suggestion.

I don't care for Brawl that much, but I think any Smash publicity is good. So why don't some of the top Brawl players on the forum here message IGN and see if they want any of you to help them with maybe, some somewhat more exhilarating matches? I've seen a few Brawl matches that have some decent commentary.

What I'm saying is that if IGN is interested in Smash, why not have some of the top players do some good matches for their viewers to watch? A simple email could probably go a long way.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Hey guys, just dropping in to make a suggestion.

I don't care for Brawl that much, but I think any Smash publicity is good. So why don't some of the top Brawl players on the forum here message IGN and see if they want any of you to help them with maybe, some somewhat more exhilarating matches? I've seen a few Brawl matches that have some decent commentary.

What I'm saying is that if IGN is interested in Smash, why not have some of the top players do some good matches for their viewers to watch? A simple email could probably go a long way.
Excellent idea! VideoGameBootCamp has a lot of great Smash videos, they should contact IGN.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
They are very bad.

I'm going to go down there next time I'm in the bay area.

I met Mark Bozon and Matt Casamassina, but we didn't get the chance to play Smash. Let's see how the new guys are.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I loved watching. I wasn't watching with a critical perspective either. Though I was watching with the hope that one of them would bust out a proper short hop laser or Wario's DAir for pressure. Even if they did it accidentally.

Woulda made my day. XD
I did this too
I was sad that by the end of the match that falco player only jumped 2 or 3 times
but I was more distracted by the fact that a girl was playing for them so it all evens out.
I think it would be a good idea if they used matches demonstrating higher level play to add to whatever they're doing right now, but they sound like the type of casual players who think tourney play is "too serious" from some of the comments.

Top Bottom