• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could add only 10 things to Smash Ultimate, what would they be?

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
1.) Endless Ocean Newcomer and Representation
2.) Rex & Pyra as newcomers or DLC
3.) Story Mode
4.) K. Rool as a newcomer
5.) Dillon as a newcomer
6.) Isabelle as a newcomer
7.) Wolf being top tier
8.) Lucario being top tier
9.) Better training mode
10.) Ranked online

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
If I could make an 11th choice, it would be balance so good that tiers no longer exist

That is my dream

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
  1. Jigglypuff Echo: Spheal
  2. New Fighter: Bandana Dee
  3. Sheik Echo: Impa
  4. Villager Echo: Isabelle
  5. New Fighter: Ashley
  6. New Fighter: Twintelle
  7. RPG Single Player
  8. Platforming Single Player
  9. Modern Kirby Stage
  10. Undertale Stage (Music Included)

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
1. New Fighter: Rayman
2. New Fighter: Bandanna Dee
3. New Fighter: Ashley
4. Story Mode
5. Fountain of Dreams
6. Top-Tier Lucario
7. Better Training Mode
8. Top-Tier Lucas
9. Ranked Online
10. Gyromite Stage for R.O.B, he needs a home.

If I could put an 11th, probably top-tier Kirby x3

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
1 - Break the Targets
2 - Race to the Finish
3 - Board the Platforms
4 - Subspace Emissary II: Subspacengance
5 - Color Customization for each fighter
6 - Miiverse Stage returns
7 - Content Creation system to make 6 happen
8 - Offline Tournament Mode
9 - Online for every Mode in the game
10 - Ability to view every piece of art separately, regardless of what mode you get it in

The Jim Jims

Smash Cadet
1: Geno
2: Actual COSTUMES for every fighter, even if it's only one
3: Wavelanding off of platforms
4: Smash 4 knockback
5: Masterpieces
6: Customs with more variety other than "normal projectile, faster but weaker, slower but stronger"
7: In-game counterpicking
8: Fountain of Dreams
9: In-game voice chat with friends
10: Mallow assist trophy

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
-2:Newcomer, Ridley
-1: Don't cut anyone

0: ----
1: Newcomer, Simon Belmont.
2: Tons of Castlevania stuff (stage, tracks).
3: Darksouls content.
4: 8 player smash coin battles.
5: New game mode "king of the hill".
6: At least one playabe BOTW Champion.
7: Super buffed up Stage builder.
8: Melee style Break the targets for every character (tons of work) + all of the pieces sued for making this challenges avaiable at stage builder.
9: More Final Fantasy Stuff (another stage, more tracks, etc...)
10: Something Akin to Melee's Adventure mode with some brawl's bosses (you can always replace Ridley with dyna blade :p)

[SPOILER="Top-Secret" (replaces 10)]
11- A whole single player mode that is a huge "metroidvania" world you explore, finding trophies, tracks, or unlocking playable fighters. lots of save points, where you can choose 3 fighters from your playable pool and those 3 ones function like your Lives. Tons of secret paths that you can only open with specific characters[/SPOILER]

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Hmm... this is a difficult thread given that I'm tempted to just put 10 newcomers, but I'll do a nice combination. I'll limit my ideas so I don't cheat my way into too much stuff:

1. An option to save pre-sets on start-up of Smash modes (E.G. 3 stock, no time limit when you select Smash instead of 2:00 minute Smash) A minor quality of life change that would just be super helpful.

2. Return of character specific Break the Targets. A pipe dream if I ever had one, but I loved the puzzle room feel of Melee's Break the Targets. With over 60 characters though, this will never happen.

3. Event Matches that steadily ramp up like in Melee. I've felt the Event Matches in subsequent games to be easier, or rather, just don't end with the same triumphant finale that the last 11 Melee Event Matches have. Basically just good event matches is important to me.

4. Fountain of Dreams HD - Make it happen Sakurai, please.

5. Subspace Emissary or similar single player mode with bosses and enemies. Or basically any single player content of the such that focuses on navigating through game worlds with enemies to fight.

6. King K. Rool as a playable character/Gangplank Galleon as a home stage

7. Geno as a playable character/Super Mario RPG stage

8. Isaac as a playable character/Golden Sun stage

9. Banjo-Kazooie as a playable character/Their own stage

10. Sensible menus that aren't as crazy or unhelpful as Smash 4. Again, minor change, that would just help make the game feel appropriately polished.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
1: Mimikyu as a newcomer, with the Abandoned Thrifty Megamart or Tapu Village as its home stage.
2: Erdrick as a newcomer, with Aliahan Castle as his home stage.
3: Elma as a newcomer, with Primordia as her home stage.
4: Fountain of Dreams.
5: Subspace Emissary 2, with more levels based on Nintendo game levels.
6: Brawl-style Target Test with 10 levels.
7: Smash Run, expanded with 2 extra maps, ability to see and interfere with each other, online, and the final battle being strictly Stock Smash battles.
8: Majora's Mask alt for Young Link, changing all his weapons to their MM designs, including the Bow and Hookshot.
9: "Ironman" style mode where you select a different character for each stock, a la Smash Tour's final battle. Not sure what the mode would be called, but it'd be rad.
10: Isaac as a newcomer, with the Venus Lighthouse Aerie as his home stage.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
1. Playable Isaac w/ Venus Lighthouse.

2. Playable Banjo & Kazooie w/ Spiral Mountain.

3. Improved Classic mode with branching paths like in 3DS (+secret paths that are more difficult, could lead to alternative boss fights, and give you rewarding mini-games for trophies and coins) and more randomized character/stage/status effect battles.

4. Return of Melee Adventure Mode strictly centered on going through a gauntlet of unique platforming environments like Melee's Mushroom Kingdom and Temple with branching paths and fights mixed into the stages themselves.

5. Return of Brawl's Target Test with 10 levels of difficulty rather than 5.

6. Return of Smash Run w/ more maps, and co-op/online functionality.

7. All-Star mode with randomized battles like in Melee to keep it fresh.

8. Brand-new game mode (Any combination of King of the Hill, Ironman, new coin/trophy-collecting minigame, etc.). I just need more single-player content.

9. Online ranking system that pits you against others based on skill level (determined by # of wins and quality of wins, and maybe a leaderboard).

10. For unlocking characters via versus matches, who you get is completely randomized and not ordered by number. Plus, all newcomers that are unlockable should not even have a silhouette hinting at their identity. Instead, you get a question mark and the usual alert siren, and then you fight a shadowed and obscured version of their character that makes distinguishing them or their moves difficult. Their HUD will be completely blacked out, and you won't find out their identity until you beat and unlock them.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. The ability to play the song Super Smash Bros Brawl Theme with lyrics (look that up on YouTube it’s hilarious)

2. An emulator that has every game of every franchise represented in Smash in it

3. Character Creator a la Soul Calibur V

4. Not only Waluigi, but Dr. Waluigi too! Oh, and he’s still an assist trophy as well as being playable

5. For the game to be ported to the Virtual Boy ironically

6. All Fire Emblem characters ever are playable

7. The game to have a 3D mode set in a full sized Hyrule from BOTW where everyone gets lost super fast and it confuses everybody and they eventually have to quit

8. Olimar can carry an infinite amount of Pikmin at a time

9. There is an infininte amount of players who can play on a stage at once

10. For the game to have a really violent realistic mode

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
1) Story/ Adventure Mode - No need for cutscenes, but platforming through the various Nintendo worlds would add so much replay value.

2) Refined Stage Builder - Unlike most I actually did use Stage Builder, mainly in Brawl. The Wii U stage builder was garbage and barely worked and Brawl’s was lacking options. Having a stage builder that includes various Nintendo platforms and hazards would be excellent.

3) More Mii Options - Just new types, like a sports or magic mii.

4) Spirit Art - I liked the ability to use Brawl’s stickers to make images. This is also a feature in Super Mario Party, so let’s have spirit art work.

5) Smash Run Refined - A fun mode that could maybe use a new map or two. Maybe some new enemies from titles like as Splatoon.

6) Smash Tower - A custom mode of mine that has players protect a base from other players. It could work like the towers mode in Splatoon where you try to keep an opposing team off.

7) Smashketball - A fun player made mode in Wii U should finally become an actual mode. Players fight to put the opposing team in cannons/ baskets to launch them to death for a point.

8) Boss Battles Mode - Brawl had it already, but let’s include more franchise specific bosses this time.

9) Chronicle Returns - It was a small feature in Brawl, but it hilighted all of Nintendo’s releases. Really helped show Smash was about Nintendo history

10) Completing Franchises - Smash feels ackward as many preestablished groups are missing members;
Hyrule Forces: Impa
Dream Land Quartet: Bandana Dee
The Kongs: Dixie Kong

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
1. Adventure Mode like in Melee

2. Stage Builder

3. All previous stages

4. Online ranking system

5. Make all the echoes more into semi clones

6. More music tracks

7. Home run contest, assuming it's gone

8. A stage from Tropical Freeze along with Dixie as a unique character.

9. A stage from Return to Dreamland with Bandana Dee.

10. Ten colors palettes for each character.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
1. Newcomer Skull Kid. Remove the assist trophy.

2. Newcomer Issac. Remove the assist trophy.

3. Newcomer Rex and Pyra/Mythra. They fight as a duo fighter similar to the Ice Climbers. Pyra and Mythra (the Blades) can transform into each other with a Down Taunt. Remove the Mii costume for Rex.

4. Replace Smashville with a SubSpace themed stage. Has a main stage identical to Final Destination, but also has that iconic moving platform from Smashville. No balloons. A SubSpace form for each stage is created too much like Battlefield and Final Destination. I just hate watching Animal Crossing themed stages all the time in tournaments.

5. Replace 75m with 25m. You can jump through the platforms and crouch to move downwards through them too. Donkey Kong throws barrels from the top which can damage fighters.

6. Replace PictoChat 2 with PictoChat 3. Includes all the drawings from the first and second version of PictoChat. Adds 27 new ones too for a total of 80 in the purest form.

7. Replace elite battles with a ranking system based mode. Three stocks, eight minutes, Battlefield and Final Destination forms only, no items. Comes in 1v1 and 2v2. Uses a ranking system based solely on your preformance in that mode to match you up with players of your skill.

8. Create a Target Test in both Mele Style where everyone has a unique stage.

9. Add way to organize the character and stage roster by franchise without mods.

10. Remove any real need to grind for the game’s beautiful music. Either make them all unlocked from the start, or make an easy way to get them with minimal time needed.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
1. Tier list get completely reversed, Bayo/Cloud are garbage and Dedede/Puff are OP
2. A greater recognition of post-Sakurai Kirby, and Kirby as a whole, with a roster selection the series deserves
3. 1000 stages
4. A well written, trilogy worthy story mode, with dialogue from almost every fighter.
5. 16 alts per fighter
6. Server run connection instead of peer-to-peer (better online in general)
7. P2 alt amiibo for Robin, Villager, and Wario
8. Re-release of every fighter amiibo in all of their types
9. A soundtack of thousands of songs, including Johnny Atma remixes
10. An overall balancing of roster representation, meaning the full roster consists of hundreds of fighters.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
1. Fighter: Xurkitree + Ultra Space Stage
2. Fighter: Reaper + Overwatch stage (not sure which map to choose)
3. Fighter: Banjo-Kazooie + Spiral Mountain Stage
4. Fighter: Crash Bandicoot + N. Sanity Beach Stage
5. A GOOD stage builder with conveyor belts so I can farm music discs again
6. Sans as an assist trophy or Mii costume to disconfirm him
7. Bring back Smash Run with a bigger stage and more enemies
8. A stable online mode (not worried about this one very much)
9. Boss Rush mode
10. Vergeben being proven wrong

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
1. Dedicated servers
2. Full Ranked System
3. 15 original stages
4. Some characters that should always be there (Rayman, Crash, Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, Impa, Midna+Wolf Link, Skull Kid and some others)
5. Full campaign mode with side scrolling gameplay and levels based on games of characters of the roster with enemies of their games.
6. MANY OPTIONS to configure ANYTHING in the game as you want. It's too flashy to you? you can turn down the smoke trails, the visual effects, camera shakiness, and everything else, like remove only Bosses from stages without making the plataforms static. Organize the characters and levels by series or by inclusion, or just click and drag the portrait of anything and create your custom organization.
7. A good stage builder with a huge ammount of possibilities and a share online function.
8. Removal of game modes that have too much annoyances and boring rules to game modes more focused in action and with better sense of progress.
9. Multi Man Smash would be a full horde game mode with many different challenges to acomplish.
10. You would be able to play all modes in coop with a friend, local or online.

Last edited:

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
1. Dixie Kong as a playable fighter
2. Captain Toad as a playable fighter
3. Bandana Dee as a playable fighter
4. Impa as a playable fighter
5. More new franchises in Smash (Adavance Wars, Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, Custom Robo)
6. Return of Break the Targets /w unique Course for Each Character
7. Full Story Mode with Cutscenes
8. Trophies
9. Mode Where Each Stock is a Different Fighter
10. Gangplank Galleon Stage

UserKev

Smash Champion
Things I would have added:

1) Newcomer: Mimikyu. Honestly, as a major Mimikyu supporter, the hate for it is tiring but, man I'm happy it wasn't bandwagon-ed. Mimikyu could have became a game changer if given the chance.
2) Good ol' Adventure Mode, not that World of Light bs.
3) Trophies. Trophies are also with made Smash so exploring and interesting. It sucks to be a veteran fan of the series witnessing the absence of this established feature.
4) Board The Platforms. I miss this. More than Break The Targets since the mode generally left just recent. Board The Platforms has been gone since the N64 days.
5) An unlockable Doc Louis voice announcer.
6) Race to the Finish. Its just Modes like these that pull you into the game and escape you from reality.
7) Newcomer: Skull Kid.
8) Home Run Contest.
9) Cranky Kong Codecs. Imagine Cranky Kong occasionally dropping irrelevant wisdom and bragging about his days on Jungle Japes or Kongo Jungle.
10) Metal Cavern. Honestly, the absence of this stage is so controversial. Why not just give it to us?

BowserKing

Smash Lord
What I would add

Already in: Inkling, King K.Rool and Incineroar as playable characters, Several Songs returning (Meta Crystal, Sonic Boom and Gritzy Desert, just to name a few), all fighters returning, Dark Meta Knight as an alternate costume and several stages returning, as well as Stage Builder returning.

New additions

1. Lugia as a newcomer (complete with several soundtracks, 2 stages (Alolan Tour and Poke Floats) as well as some new Pokeball Pokémon), but also Giratina as a boss
2. Fawful as a newcomer (complete with several soundtracks and Bowser's Castle as a stage)
3. An option to make Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K.Rool and King Dedede talk, and giving Bowser a new up special (Curling Ram)
4. More Echoes (Shadow, Dixie Kong and Dark Bowser, just to name a few)
5. New and returning items (F.L.U.D.D and Fan). Due to this, Mario will use his hammer as his down special
6. New First Party Fighters (Bandanna Dee, Bio-Rex, Viridi and Muddy Mole, with bonus content)
7. Midna as a newcomer (complete with a few new soundtracks)
8. Mr.Resetti returning as an assist trophy, plus :155::015: and :110: returning as Pokeball Pokémon, also returning stages like Yoshi's Woolly World and Rainbow Road
9. Shantae, Ray-Man, Knuckles and Chun Li as new third parties (complete with stages and soundtracks)
10. More bosses (Andross, Rayquaza, Mother Brain and Porky)

That is all I got, and I'm pretty sure that Steve and Adeleine would get in smash

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
1-5. The missing items with no satisfactory equivalent (Fan, Red Shell, Barrel Cannon, Parasol, Cracker Launcher)
6. The falling blocks from Brawl in Stage Builder.
7. An "ignore collisions" checkbox for rails/gears in Stage Builder; a lot of the stages I made in 4 are currently impossible to recreate due to the collision thing.
8. A timeline-like sequencer for rails where points of rotating and pausing can be set; This with 7 would make things like Delfino's Secret possible.
9. The custom stage descriptions from Brawl in Stage Builder; I always used those to mark what franchise a stage is based on.
10. The ability to change which franchise you're selecting a song from; Spirit battles can do it, why can't we?

...you can probably see where my priorities are.

Last edited:

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
1. Pac-Maze, either without its gimmick or a new one.
2. Conveyer Belts in Stage Builder, with the option to change their speed or make them curved.
3. The ability to set a kill percentage for lava and how slippery ice is by editing the materials.
4. Spikes. Lava kind of fulfills the same purpose, but spikes are also fun.
5. Rayquaza as a boss in World of Light's Sky Temple and some Classic Mode routes.
6. A brief cutscene at the start of each "dungeon" and after each boss fight in World of Light. Even if each is under a minute long, it would've given a lot more personality to the mode.
7. A Boss Rush mode that lets 1-4 players battle any boss for a score, or potentially lets one player control a boss while 4 others try to defeat them.
8. Codename S.T.E.A.M. spirits.
9. More Pac-Man or classic arcade spirits like Ms. Pac-Man, Dig-Dug, and the original Donkey Kong.
10. 2-player coop in World of Light.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
  1. More music from Pokémon Black and White, as well as music from the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games.
  2. A more traditional All-Star mode.
  3. Elma as DLC fighter, with a NLA stage. Related: Music tracks from Xenoblade Chronicles X.
  4. Boss Rush Mode.
  5. New Snake Codecs for all post-Brawl newcomers.
  6. Cloud speaking English.
  7. Okami Amaterasu as DLC fighter.
  8. Fox and Pikachu not being all that great for once.
  9. Undertale music.
  10. Another Splatoon stage.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
1. Newcomer: Poochy

2. Newcomer: Bandana Dee

3. Newcomer: Camo (From Skylanders and is my number 1 favourite)

4. Adventure Mode (Cross between Subspace and from Melee, all fighters get wiped out, only 4 survives)

5. Newcomer: Waluigi (someone to replace his Assist Trophy)

6. Cube Kirby as Kirby's alt costume.

7. Ganon with CD-I design from Faces of Evil and has Pig Ganon's Trident.

8. Titan Dweevil and Stallord as bosses in Adventure Mode. (from Pikmin 2 and Twilight Princess)

9. Newcomer: Banjo/Kazooie. (Confirmed as DLC)

10. G.U.N Truck as a new stage (what i mean you fight on top of the truck as it goes on a
rampage through the city)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
1. Goemon.

2. Banjo & Kazooie.

3. Krystal get's promoted from a Assist into a playable character.

4. Dixie Kong.

5. Porky Minch.

6. Pig Ganon get's promoted from a boss to a playable character and has his Link to the Past design.

7. Home Run Contest.

8. Classic Break the Targets.

9. All Star Mode.

10. Smash Run.

D

Deleted member

1. Rayman
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Sonic Mania Stage
4. Even better Story Mode
5. Ranked Online
6. Planet Robobot Stage
7. Smash Run
8. Odyssey Remix
9. New Mii Class
10. SPONGEBOB

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
In no particular order:

1. Banjo
- With a Spiral Mountain stage

2. Classic Ganon
- With a Ganon’s Castle stage

3. Porky
- With a Devil Machine stage

4. More bosses
- Especially ones from bigger series that just didn’t get one, like Pokémon, Metroid, and Fire Emblem. For those series I’d pick Mega Rayquaza, Mother Brain, and Grima

5. More music tracks
- Not even necessarily remixes. There are just a few bangers I think really deserve to be in. Namely Masked Dedede, Fly Octo Fly, and Blooming Villain. Oh yeah, and just FFVII music in general.

6. Pokéfloats 2 BABYYYYYYY
- With Pokémon all the way up to Gen 7. Still have hope for a Gen 8 one since there’s room for one more DLC stage besides the ones we’re getting.

7. A true Bowser’s Castle stage, come on already

8. PAC-Maze
- PAC-Man being represented by PAC-Land? Really?

9. Stadium Modes
- Break the Targets, Home Run Contest, Board the Platforms, maybe even a new one too.

10. A few more echo fighters
- It feels like an idea that still has a lot of potential, and there really are a few that stick out as obvious but weren’t added, namely Dixie Kong, Shadow, Jeanne.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1) Smash. Run.
I swear, I’ve never had this much fun with a game mode before Spirits as this one. It had an amazing concept, it was executed perfectly, and I’d love to see it with the same level of expansion as Stage Builder.

2) Combo Trials
The reason I got pretty good at fighting games as of late was because said fighting games had combo trials, in which you have to perform a certain combo that teaches you about the character performing it.

3) Doom Slayer
He’s big for the game industry. He’s close with Nintendo. His creator is acknowledged numerous times as the father of FPS by Sakurai himself. He. Is. Inevitable.

4) Boss Battle mode
I don’t wanna go through World of Light again just to fight these bosses because they were awesome. Maybe we could have new bosses like Necrozma or Ornstein & Smough while we’re at it.

5) More FF7 Content
Yeah, Square’s being stingy with this, but I’m of the mind that it’s possible that Sakurai and Nintendo can cut a deal with SE using the profits from FF7, FF9 FFX, FFX-2 and Zodiac Age to add songs, Spirits, items and the like.

6) An Echo Fighter-centric game mode for new Echoes
We only have as much Echo Fighters as Sonic has Chaos Emeralds, and the idea is really popular with the community. Whether we have near-identical copies like Richter and Daisy or more unique fighters like Chrom and Ken, I can welcome more Echo Fighters to the game. This can also break the “Echoes must be from the same series” fan-rule by adding Tifa as a Ken-level Echo of Little Mac.

7) Buzzwole
Of every possible Pokémon rep, I’m surprised we don’t have much Ultra Beast representation aside from Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma and Nihilego. A playable UB would be nice to have, and Buzzwole seems to be the most popular one.

8) DLC Trial Fights
There are still a few people out there who are still a little uneasy on whether or not they should by the P L A N T and/or Joker. So here’s an idea: have a mode where you fight DLC Fighters to see if you wanna purchase them or not.

9) Home-Run Contest
I loved this mode. Please bring it back.

10) DLC Story Mode
With stories like Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country and Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion existing, the idea of adding DLC stories is popular amongst Nintendo. Why shouldn’t Smash join in on the fun then?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
  1. Add full Kid Icarus Uprising soundtrack
  2. Add full Persona 5 soundtrack
  3. Scorpion as a kombatant
  4. Sub Zero as a kombatant
  5. Viridi as a playable character
  6. Clementine as a playable character (with AJ as her assist and Lee+Kenny there during victory poses)
  7. Make Pit (and only Pit) op as ****
  8. Anime physics for all
  9. Amy Rose as a fighter
  10. More Palutena’s Guidances

DynamicMoves

Smash Cadet
NNID
DynamicMovement
3DS FC
4485-0297-2818
1. More Echos. The idea has so much potential.
2. Ability to customize Mii characters, I'd like to use one sword or gun in a different costume.
3. More stage builder options, things like being able to import a stage would be neat.
4. Challenge modes, as in board the platforms or break the targets.
5. More info on spirits.
6. Customization on stages, like scrolling speed or types of hazards.
7. Fix the menu. It gets worse with each iteration past Melee.
8. Online, rulesets are a bit of a mess, as is netcode. GSP is garbage as well.
9. Boss mode and more bosses. Bring in Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream from Punch Out.
10. And, of course, newcomers. I'd still like to see Isaac, could always have Felix and Matthew as echo characters or alternate costumes.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
1. New Fighter: Dixie Kong
2. New Fighter: Chun-Li
3. Boss Rush Mode, more modes in general
4. Promote Isaac to Playable
5. Echo Fighter Pass with Impa and Octoling
6. Descriptions for Spirits
7. Go back to having characters chosen before stages
8. Rex and Pyrrha with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 stage
9. Spring Man and Echo Ribbon Girl with Arms stage
10. More music

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, since my wants have shifted since I made my last post (not to mention I got a good amount of the stuff that was on that list), I figure I might as well make an updated list now that the game's out:
  1. Heavy Weapons Guy as a newcomer, with 2Fort as his stage. TF2 is easily one of my all-time favorite games, and to see it represented in Smash in any form would make my life. (I know it has a snowball's chance in hell of ever happening, but let me dream, dammit.)
  2. Geno as a newcomer, with Bowser's Keep as a stage and Mallow as an AT. SMRPG is an undeniable classic and deserves a lot more love than it gets from either of its parent companies, and seeing Geno, Mallow, and the Smithy Gang rendered in sweet 3D would certainly scratch that itch for me. (Plus, we'd finally get that Bowser stage we've all been waiting on for so long.)
  3. POKE. FLOATS. 2. Let it happen, Sakurai.
  4. Give Mute City (Melee) the HD treatment like the other Melee stages got. It wasn't my absolute favorite stage in Melee, but it looked amazing even in that game and it's kinda baffling it's not back in Ultimate, especially since Mute City SNES was renamed presumably to distinguish itself from its Melee predecessor. It's reasonable to speculate that it was at least planned to make a return as a result, but it'd still be super cool to see it make a return.
  5. Add a Gyromite stage. I will never stop championing my man R.O.B. getting a stage until the day it happens. He's been here longer than half the characters in this game, he deserves a stage already!
  6. Overhaul the Online system in general. This could easily count for 4 or 5 additions, to be honest, but for the sake of brevity, I'll just list it as one. Online, frankly, needs a TON of tweaks right now to be even on par with 4's Online (which wasn't even that good in my opinion, but was at least functional) to the point that I'd probably fill the page just trying to list them all.
  7. Online support for Squad Strike. A tag-team mode was one of my biggest hopes for this game, and while I did end up getting that, it makes me so disappointed that I hardly ever get to play it with anyone since it's restricted to local play. It honestly doesn't seem unreasonable to let us play Squad Strike with other people online, though given how they botched the Online in this game, I doubt anything like this will ever come to light.
  8. Revive Smash Run, but with a more expansive map, Online support, and the ability to interact with other players on the map. Smash Run as a concept had a lot of potential, especially to someone who loved City Trial in Kirby Air Ride as much as I did, but was held back due to how monotonous it very quickly got (not to mention being restricted to local play on the 3DS). I'd really like to see the Smash team give it another chance someday, but right now, it seems like it's gone for good seeing how other, less resource-intensive modes like Break the Targets and HRC will likely be prioritized if they plan to bring back any other old modes at all.
  9. Add a Xenoblade remix. Just, any Xenoblade remix. I don't even care what song, the fact that there's only one Xenoblade remix in the game currently (and even then, it's a medley of mostly unremixed tunes from the original game) is a crime against humanity.
  10. ...eh, **** it. Add Gooey, I guess. What can I say, Gooey's a good boye, and Kirby's been hurting for a newcomer for a while now.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Well, since my wants have shifted since I made my last post (not to mention I got a good amount of the stuff that was on that list), I figure I might as well make an updated list now that the game's out:
  1. Heavy Weapons Guy as a newcomer, with 2Fort as his stage. TF2 is easily one of my all-time favorite games, and to see it represented in Smash in any form would make my life. (I know it has a snowball's chance in hell of ever happening, but let me dream, dammit.)
  2. Geno as a newcomer, with Bowser's Keep as a stage and Mallow as an AT. SMRPG is an undeniable classic and deserves a lot more love than it gets from either of its parent companies, and seeing Geno, Mallow, and the Smithy Gang rendered in sweet 3D would certainly scratch that itch for me. (Plus, we'd finally get that Bowser stage we've all been waiting on for so long.)
  3. POKE. FLOATS. 2. Let it happen, Sakurai.
  4. Give Mute City (Melee) the HD treatment like the other Melee stages got. It wasn't my absolute favorite stage in Melee, but it looked amazing even in that game and it's kinda baffling it's not back in Ultimate, especially since Mute City SNES was renamed presumably to distinguish itself from its Melee predecessor. It's reasonable to speculate that it was at least planned to make a return as a result, but it'd still be super cool to see it make a return.
  5. Overhaul the Online system in general. This could easily count for 4 or 5 additions, to be honest, but for the sake of brevity, I'll just list it as one. Online, frankly, needs a TON of tweaks right now to be even on par with 4's Online (which wasn't even that good in my opinion, but was at least functional) to the point that I'd probably fill the page just trying to list them all.
  6. Online support for Squad Strike. A tag-team mode was one of my biggest hopes for this game, and while I did end up getting that, it makes me so disappointed that I hardly ever get to play it with anyone since it's restricted to local play. It honestly doesn't seem unreasonable to let us play Squad Strike with other people online, though given how they botched the Online in this game, I doubt anything like this will ever come to light.
  7. Revive Smash Run, but with a more expansive map, Online support, and the ability to interact with other players on the map. Smash Run as a concept had a lot of potential, especially to someone who loved City Trial in Kirby Air Ride as much as I did, but was held back due to how monotonous it very quickly got (not to mention being restricted to local play on the 3DS). I'd really like to see the Smash team give it another chance someday, but right now, it seems like it's gone for good seeing how other, less resource-intensive modes like Break the Targets and HRC will likely be prioritized if they plan to bring back any other old modes at all.
  8. Add a Minecraft stage. While I'm absolutely against the idea of a Minecraft character being added to the game, a Minecraft stage with destructible (and maybe even procedurally generated) terrain would be super legit and represent the game way better than Blockman Steve ever could. Besides, Minecraft music's great.
  9. Add a Xenoblade remix. Just, any Xenoblade remix. I don't even care of what song, the fact that we only have one Xenoblade remix in the game currently (and even then, it's a medley that mostly consists of unremixed tracks from the original game) is a crime against humanity.
  10. ...eh, **** it. Add Gooey, I guess. What can I say, Gooey's a good boye, and Kirby's been hurting for a newcomer for a while now.
Me too! i definitely have Heavy in my Super Smash Bros. Eternity's Roster

Dilan Omer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dildry
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Real Ranked for Online with a leaderboard. Like give people an incentive to be good at the game online. Not everyone has a local booming smash scene.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
1 - Wave dashing and wave landing - Skill based movement options increase the skill cap. Increased skill cap = more fun to master and for sure, more fun to watch. The hypest movement was always exciting in Melee.

2 - Ledge Cancels - Again, skill cap argument. In game knowledge and advanced options to extend combos not only require dedication, but also drive the game to have those hype moments that become legendary clips on youtube.

3 - Remove Rage - comeback mechanics favor players who play poorly. You shouldn't be rewarded for being outplayed.

4 - Project M Style Turbo Mode - What's cooler than combos? Cooler combos. Having a game type available in Ultimate which allows you to cancel any attack that lands on a hurt box or shield into a different attack on the first frame has generated some of the sickest looking **** I've ever seen.

5 - Delete Quick/Elite Smash - This game mode is actually a joke.

That is all.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
1. Heavily Armored Porky as a fighter.
2. Kamek as a fighter.
3. Shuckle, either as a fighter or a Pokeball summon.
4. Octolings as Inkling echoes.
5. Music and a stage from Mother 1, other than just Magicant.
6. More alternate costumes, like Wedding Peach and Bowser, Pajama Ness, etc.
7. New Mii Fighter classes based on Miitopia.
8. Higher level CPUs, preferably up to a level 15.
9. Spirit Descriptions.
10. WAAAAAAALUIIIIIIIGIIIIIIIII TIIIIIIIIMMMMEEEEE

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Honestly, rage's effect are so small in Ultimate it's hardly considerable as a comeback function at all.
That's objectively incorrect. Rage is more prevalent in moves with higher knock back growth. I'm sure you're already aware of that.
Rage used to be a 1.15x multiplier, now it's a 1.1x multiplier, and doesn't apply to attacks that have set knock back. That 0.05x reduction isn't really a big reduction to its effects.
Fundamentally speaking, some characters abuse rage more than others, so it's also match up dependent. Rage still starts growth at 35% and characters that abuse it most are heavy hitters, or rage mechanic based characters like Lucario and Joker. It's still very much prevalent and is still a flawed mechanic that rewards bad play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom