• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could add only 10 things to Smash Ultimate, what would they be?

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
I'm sure we all have our own list of things, big or small, that we'd like to see be included in Smash Ultimate. This can range from new content like fighters, stages, game modes, music, mechanics, or even features that were in previous Smash games that you'd like to see return. It doesn't matter how ridiculous or unrealistic your choices are either; this is about what YOU want! I'll limit things down to only 10, in order to really make you think on what you'd want the most.

Here's my list of things I'd like to see in Smash Ultimate in no particular order:

1. A full-fledged story mode like Subspace Emissary. Cutscenes included.
2. New fighter: Simon Belmont
3. Melee style break the targets to return
4. Melee style race to the finish to return
5. Add social and ranked playlists for online
6. An offline tournament mode similar to Melee and Brawl's versions.
7. Smash 64's Board the platforms mode to return
8. If they return, have custom specials be completely unique to each other, instead of just being re-purposed versions of already established specials.
9. Characters having more than eight alternate costumes
10. Melee method of unlocking things. (Either play a certain number of vs. matches, or meet unique requirements that force you to mix things up while playing.)

Last edited:

Austria

Smash Rookie
NNID
HOW ABOUT NO?
3DS FC
1234-5678-9012
Switch FC
1234 4321 1244
i’d like to see
1. a muscular kirby
2. ness in a low tier
3. melee’s adventure mode
4. the melee unlock screen
5. zelda’s old death cry from melee
6. a brown and a purple kirby
7. offline tournament
8. mrs game and watch
9. kirby being top tier
10. marth getting his melee voice back

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
1. Boshi
2. A tether recovery for Yoshi
3. Adventure Mode
4. Certain characters having more than 8 costumes
5. A working tournament mode
6. Top tier Yoshi
7. Easier to unlock custom moves
8. Final Boss theme from Yoshi's Island
9. A new Yoshi stage
10. Better grabs for Yoshi

I have like 80 more things I want for Yoshi. Have I said Yoshi enough times?!!

Khao

Smash Lord
More game modes, really. In no particular order:

-Tag-team battle, where you get to play multiple characters. Either by swapping with a button, or with one per stock. Either one would be extremely welcome.

-Stocks in Stamina mode, and of course, making it compatible with the Tag-Team system.

-The ability to set up rounds on VS mode. The game would be functionally the same, except that if they're turned on, instead of going to the victory screen, it instantly resets the match awards the winner a point. Go into the victory screen once one side gets enough points.

-Individual modifiers for each player, Special Smash-style, allowing you to give each player unique properties.

-Also more kinds of player modifiers, like launch power, weight, movement speed etc... Essentially, make every property that the game can already adjust freely from mode to mode something we have full control over. That way we can do whatever the **** we want on VS matches. (So you can do fun **** like boss fights against a giant metal player, or even just buffing bad players so they don't just lose instantly).

-Some sort of... "Special Challenge" creator. Essentially, a stage builder for a single player mode that has players go through a stage until they meet a custom victory condition. A condition such as... break all targets, or board all platforms, or reach the goal, or defeat X. You would then create the stage, add in the targets/platforms/goal, add obstacles (which could range from spikes and moving platforms to even enemies you could set here and there), and choose which character(s) the stage allows you to use. Allow players to share these challenges online, and you just massively increased the game's lifetime while also potentially eliminating the need of a Break the Targets mode, a Board the Platforms mode, a Race to the Finish mode, or arguably even the Event and Adventure modes. I'm trying to say, put ****ing Mario Maker in as a Smash mode.

-That said I'd also add Adventure mode, haha. I've mentioned this before. A few sidescrolling levels. Branching paths. Boss fights. Secrets on each stage. Short but highly replayable, like Star Fox in Smash form.

-The ability to create "rooms" in online mode, like you can already do with friends, but publicly. Have rooms show up in server lists and ****. If you're a fan of online gaming in general, you know how it'd go. Of course, it'd allow you to customize rooms with the same rules you can adjust in the regular VS mode, and to give the room a title, which shows up on the room list.

-Speaking of online, a ranked mode with a matchmaking system. Smash is at its most fun with equally-skilled players, so I feel like this is a freaking must. Even if it's laughably simplistic, this would be super welcome feature.

-Also, not a mode, but I want to see more character skins, and it'd be ****ing great if they were unlockable. Either with a skin-shop, or by meeting certain requirements. Like with the Challenges screen and ****.

Last edited:

Ganondorf My MAN

Smash Rookie
Hmm… this is hard…

1. Nabooru
2. Urbosa
3. Riju
4. Gerudo Climbers
5. Twilight Princess Ganondorf
6. Ganondorf crawling and wall clinging
7. Original 8-bit Ganon
8. Playable Ganon
9. Calamity Ganon
10. Anything Ganondorf

Darn shame it’s only limited to TEN.

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
NOT IN ORDER

1. Add King K. Rool, Geno, Waluigi and D.VA from Overwatch as playable characters.

2. SMASH TEAM TRIO
A new mode for 4 player Smash where you get 3 stocks each BUT for each stock you get to choose 3 characters. 1 character for each individual stock. Just like that Smash board game mode from 4. But without the boring board game. I only say 3 characters/3 stocks for only 4 players because I think this mode should be kept fairly simple.

3. I’d add music from games that don’t get enough Music represntation. Just to name 5 right now. DKC2, Mega Man 9, Paper Mario TTYD, LOZ Link Between Worlds/Past, and Sonic Mania.

4. The return of Stage transitions (Brawl)
Think like Halberd and Delfino Plaza. Those were the best examples of transitions without making the match sloppy.

5. Adventure mode like Melee. Adding cool Boss Battles to it could really make this mode shine. SSE takes a lot of work so I’d settle for the return of Aventure Mode.

6. Alternate Costumes
Atleast one alt costume for each character. Even ROB and G&W. Characters who have never had another look would just get an all new original alt made just for their appearance for Smash.

7. I would add a “store” for unlocks based on A coin system. Everything is sorted by stages, music, alternate costumes, new taunts, new voice lines etc. That way you can unlock the songs and items you want when you want it. Of course you’d have to grind for coins but atleast you get what you want rather than random loot boxes that gives you garbage all the time. No character unlocks though. Maybe only Unlockable Echos since really their cosmetic.

8. MORE ONLINE OPTIONS

This is a big one. I should be able to atleast have 3 stock matches online. No more 2 min. Time. If you have to add some sort of time limit. Atleast make it like 10 min. for 3 stocks. We need a better friend systems that way you can invite friends to join costume games too.

9. TAG OUT MODE
A mode for up to 2v2v2v2. One fighter in at a time but if you press a certain button or action you tag the other one in. It’s one life only so use your tag outs wisely. While you’re tagged out you slowly heal until you are tagged back in. As soon as your partner dies than it’s on you to finish the match!

10. Bring back an in game local tournament mode!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
  1. Character: Dovahkiin
  2. ...with a nice Skyrim Stage (High Hrothgar? Or something touring?), and possibly Alduin taking Ridley's former Stage Boss position. And Jeremy Soule's music.
  3. Character: King K.Rool
  4. Character: Urbosa
  5. Returning Stages: Fountain of Dreams, Melee Yoshi Island, Pirate Ship
  6. Classic Mode as it played in Melee
  7. Some sort of adventure mode. Maybe Melee style, but with branching paths or something
  8. Loads of alternate costumes, especially for characters like Link and Zelda who have had a lot of canon appearances. Added through in-game shop or DLC
  9. LOTS of DLC charcters/stages/costumes
  10. New amiibo for EVERY character, since they all have new art. And make enough stock that it doesn't turn into a ****show like the last round.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
No characters in this list
1 a pot as an item from Zelda
2 board the platforms
3 let us change the menu theme and backgrounds think tekken 6
4 better costumes what are more then reskins
5 at the very least one custom moves for everyone what is different example. Link 1 two arrow new bow. 2 Old style bow what shoots one arrow. 3 Ball and chain
Can be for a single special or all of them but I’ll take one
6 Every stage.
7 toggle trippin
8 call me a pervert or whatever I don’t care but remove the black voids or galaxy under the girls dresses looks stupid. (this was also filler for no characters)
9 in game shop for unlocks
10 four taunts instead of three

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
1. Pokemon World Tournament Final Battle BGM
2. Thousand Year Door's Battle Stage
3. Single-player mode that expands upon the Master/Crazy Orders modes with more challenge types
4. More references to obscure Nintendo games and characters
5. Tetris Stage
6. Pirate Lagoon BGM
7. Any type of Sonic Mania Stage
8. King K. Rool
9. Banjo-Kazooie
10. Lip

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
1: Any love for Codename STEAM
2: Actual balance between characters
3: Better DI/hitstun combination for dynamic combos
4: Bandanna Waddle Dee
5: Isaac
6: Spring Man or Master Mummy from ARMS
7: Combination of Melee style adventure mode AND Subspace-like story mode
8: More appealing Smash Tour style mode
9: Dixie Kong
10: Better DK appreciation in general

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
1. Character: Banjo
2. Character: Crash
3. Character: Spring Man
4. Stage: Mute City (Melee)
5. Stage: Rainbow Road
6. Modes: Make the Targets (really liked the idea by JamesDNaux on this thread https://smashboards.com/threads/concept-make-the-targets.454493/)
7. Modes: Reworked Smash Run
8. Modes: Some sort of tag team mode
9. Modes: Stamina mode compatible with stock and time battles
10. Modes: Ability to save custom options for matches

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hmm this is tough

1. The rest of the playable characters that we've yet to have for newcomers
2. Board the Platform to return. THAT **** WAS GOOD YO
3. Break the Target from 64/Melee to return with each character having their own unique stages
4. TOURNAMENT MODE WITH THE 64 PLAYERS OPTION AND HAVE OPTIONS FOR ALL CPU PLAYERS GODDAMMIT
5. Adventure mode similar to Melee
6. More music selections
7. Tag team mode like Khao mentioned
8. Better online services
9. A "Championship" mode similar to certain WWE games where a character defends a title using that character only or playing against the champion
10. Melee method of unlockables. That was the best one and Brawl had some good selections too

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
  1. Newcomer: Captain Toad
  2. Newcomer: Dixie Kong
  3. Newcomer: Bandana Dee
  4. Newcomer: Impa
  5. Newcomer: Meowth
  6. Newcomer: Chibi-Robo
  7. Newcomer: Isaac
  8. Newcomer: Paper Mario
  9. Newcomer: Isabelle
  10. Newcomer: ...eh, **** it. Have your K. Rool, kids. I don't care the rest of this newcomer list is perfect for me.
I only care about newcomers as it turns out. A Glitz Pit stage and a Rambi assist would also be good non-newcomer choices.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Just 10 things, huh? Let's see...
  1. Geno as a newcomer. I will literally never ask for anything ever again if my blue boy gets just one more chance to be in something.
  2. A full-on Story Mode with multiple converging plotlines and CG-animated cutscenes. Basically, think SSE II, featuring every character added since SSE happened.
  3. Unique Break the Targets stages for each character that demonstrate each character's abilities and attributes, a la Melee. Maybe I'm asking too much at this point (as if I wasn't with SSE II, hoo boy), but each Break the Targets stage from Melee was fantastic, pleasing to the eye, and fit the character it was home to. It'd honestly be great if we could see that again, but realistically speaking, anything's better than what Smash 4 gave us...
  4. Bandanna Dee as a newcomer. Kirby's been hurting for a newcomer for a while now, and Bandanna Dee has quite the following and a future ahead of him within the Kirby franchise. Besides, Spear is just so fun to mess around with in the few Kirby games it's in, I can't help but want this character in just so I can play around with it in Smash.
  5. King K. Rool as a newcomer. I don't think there are many people at this point who would argue against the point that he's long overdue. If Ridley and Geno fans get their wish, K. Rool fans deserve theirs as well.
  6. Decidueye as a newcomer. The Rowlet line has quickly established itself as my favorite starter line in history, and I think he'd have a really unique moveset to offer being a ghostly archer (at least more than most other ideas for a Gen 7 Pokemon...). And to go along with that...
  7. Mimikyu... as a Poke Ball summon, where he belongs. Sorry, buddy, but your design and moveset potential just don't do it for me next to any other Gen 7 mon, and frankly, to see you get in over any of them would make me groan so loud, the resulting tremors would put Groudon to shame.
  8. Poke Floats 2: basically Poke Floats from Melee, but remastered and updated to include Pokemon from all generations, in the background or as part of the stage fighters can interact with. And, to top it all off, the Omega form is an Avalugg. Poke Floats seemed to be a very love-it-or-hate-it stage back in Melee, and I was one of those who absolutely adored it, probably because the only series I recognized from that game was Pokemon.
  9. A Gyromite stage for my boy, R.O.B. Poor guy's been homeless since his debut in Brawl... it wouldn't be the "ultimate" Smash if we didn't finally change that.
  10. And last, but certainly not least, TAG-TEAM MODE. The final battle of Smash Tour was such a great idea, but had the inherent problem of needing to play Smash Tour. Enough of this drivel; add it as a separate mode so I can finally play as ALL of my favorite characters at once!

Honorable mention goes to Fountain of Dreams from Melee. It's a great stage, but while I'd love to see it return (and very much expect it to considering how much of a fan favorite it is), it wouldn't exactly be a deal breaker for me if it didn't get in.

Last edited:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
1. Impa as a newcomer

2. Nintendo Labo Robot as a newcomer

3. Springman as a newcomer

4. A Pokemon newcomer. Decidueye

Even though I'm already 100% content with the current roster, I'd be 200% if those 4 characters got in.

5. Crew Battle vs mode. If anyone here has ever played crew battle at a tournament or with friends, this is a mode that we must have.
For those unfamiliar with crew battle, it's where you form teams with your friends. Let's say there's 6 people so 2 teams of 3. Each team picks what order their teammates will fight. Crew battles are done in 1 vs 1 official tournament ruleset. The main difference is that remaining stocks carry on to the next match. So let's say Link beats Kirby with 1 stock remaining. That Link player will fight again in the next match but with only one stock. And that Link player's opponent will be whomever the opposing team has going second. So this is done until a team is completely out of stocks. While it's not necessary to have mode like this in ultimate, it would be cool for there to be something in the game that can organize it in a similar fashion to how tournament mode and rotation was done in Brawl.

6. Default setting adjustment- so I don't have to switch from time to stock every time I turn the game on. I could simply tell the game to save 3 stock as default.

7. Break the Targets Level Creator. - Do I need to explain this?

8. The ability to turn rage mode off

9. Snake codecs for the entire roster

10. And finally 16 player smash. > : )

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
10. Expanded Smash Run/Adventure mode
9. The return of minigames from 64 and Melee
8. The option to turn off and on certain things for matches. (Able to turn on and off Rage, Turn off Air Dodging etc.)
7. Fixed Stage creator including a new Break The Targets creator.
6. Newcomer: Banjo and Kazooie
5. Newcomer: Sash Lilac from Freedom Planet
4. Newcomer: Adeleine from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
3. Newcomer: Infernape from Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platnium
2. Newcomer: Tails
1. Newcomer: Sora.

XxCzardxX

Smash Rookie
1. Lootcrates containing custom moves and equipment, music, stages, and characters
2. Premium in game currency used to buy characters and stages
3. Starting roster consisting of only Mario and Random
4. Micro-transactions to help speed up unlocking characters and stages
5. Paid DLC characters and stages on release
6. More non-tournament legal stages
7. Cloud buffs
8. Kratos being playable
9. Shadow, Impa, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, Decidueye, Chrom, Bandana Dee, and Ashley being included as assist trophies
10. EA developing the game

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
All-star versus
Ashley
Geno
Isaac
K. Rool
Fountain of Dreams
Pirate Ship
Online 8-Player
Viable Pichu
Vote for every DLC character

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
1. Add StarTropics stuff (Mike Jones fighter, C-Island stage, Zoda assist trophy, various music and items)
2. Add Geno
3. Include a training mode that's on par with a typical fighting game's training mode. Include frame data/hitboxes for those who want that info.
4. Stage creator lets you share stages over the internet, and you can also adjust the size of the stage itself so that you don't have a ton of empty space.
5. Return of Break The Targets, with unique stages for each character like before, but this time they have more than one stage!
6. Add Pushmo stage.
7. Bring back custom moves, but make them so that you can only choose preset configurations of characters. For example, I have my default Ganon, but Ganon B could have Dark Vault and Wizard Dropkick, while Ganon C would have Flame Chain and Warlock Blade. Preset configs mean there would be no "best" config, reducing the chances of OP setups.
8. GGPO/rollback netcode. This should be standard in every competitive game.
9. Online lobbies. Can spectate live matches and bet on them with in-game currency like before.
10. Add a "version select" that alters the physics of the game based on previous games. For example, I can choose Brawl mode and have the game play like Brawl (and yes, tripping would be included). Melee mode would obviously play like Melee and would allow all the mechanics like wavedashing, etc. Where this gets interesting is using a character from one game but using physics from another game.

Last edited:

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
1. L-cancelling
2. Moonwalking (just for the swag)
3. V-cancelling
4. Wavedashing
5. Does it count as adding if I say No RAGE at all? (but I do think it's much less of an issue than sm4sh RAGE) Can I loophole it and say adds a new RAGE mechanic that RAGE doesn't start until 300% but once you hit 300% all knockback is tripled?
6. Non 1v1 dmg increased to match 1v1 dmg (none of that 1.2X dmg for 1v1's nonsense, just more dmg for doubles/FFA etc. so that it matches singles and therefore %'s don't change for combos based on whether you are playing singles or doubles)
7. Pokemon Stadium 3 (I submitted it as part of the weekly level creation contest and now I want to see it happen)
Pokémon Stadium 3 (Alternate Version)

So I will again keep the base form of Pokémon Stadium as it has always been. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Spoiler: Pokémon Stadium 3 Base Form

I'm keeping the Fighting Transformation as I had it previously. As you can see I took the pokémon type symbol for fighting and mirrored it on the stadium floor during this transformation. I really like the concept of combining the Boxing Ring and Kalos into one transformation. Two platforms would rise at the edges in the same location that base Kalos stage has and the boxing ring would create small walls on either side just like the Boxing Ring stage. The colors of the boxing ring are based on that of the television series, episode 29 "The Punchy Pokémon."
Spoiler: Fighting Transformation

I decided to go with one of my original ideas of a Dark Transformation. In this transformation Yveltal is summoned in the background. He doesn't attack the players. But he controls the darkness on the stage. He will at random times during the transformation make the entire stage fade to complete darkness. There will be some visual sign in the background giving players ample warning when the darkness will come. The complete darkness would last somewhere in the 3 to 5 second range then normal lighting would quickly be restored. He will create this darkness twice, maybe three times during the transformation. Since complete darkness would greatly affect competitive play I'm making Yveltal considered a stage hazard so he can be toggled off. The floor stage stays the same and all platforms are removed during this transformation.
Spoiler: Dark Transformation

The other idea I toyed with was a Fairy Transformation. The floor of the stage resembles that of Fairy Garden, the Pokémon card. When I think of Fairy types I think floaty and so the side platforms are removed and one large platform appears in the middle of the stage fairly low to the ground. This platform slowly goes up and down. So this transformation would feel somewhat similar to Smashville or Town & City.
Spoiler: Fairy Transformation

Lastly I have the Poison Transformation. In this transformation the side platforms extend and a large platform rises up above them at the center of the stage. Following the large platform Team Rocket appears with Koffing who spreads poison across the bottom of stage including the ledges (so holding ledge would leave you vulnerable to poison damage). During the entire transformation damaging poison would cover the bottom of the stage. You can however still use the stage but you will receive damage any time you come into any contact with the base level of the stage or the ledges. It's pretty much a 'the floor is lava' transformation but 3 large platforms ideally give enough room to play outside the poison but you could still choose to take poison damage as a means to approach etc. I toyed with the idea of considering the poison a stage hazard but I kinda like it and think it's a crucial part of this particular transformation. Koffing and Team Rocket are in the background technically so they won't create any collision.
Spoiler: Poison Transformation

In two of the transformations I decided to have pokémon appear and affect gameplay. This aspect wasn't really present in Melee but Brawl had it to some extent so I'm continuing that trend. I really like the idea of Team Rocket showing up bc there were such a big part of the TV show but haven't been really showcased in smash.
Music: A "Pokémon Stadium 3" track would be the main theme. "Poké Floats" would also make an appearance. With other Stadium stages confirmed I think "Pokémon Stadium" and "Pokémon Stadium 2" should not be present for this stage. But there is still a plethora of potential pokémon music. I'm not well versed on this particular subject but I think music from more recent Pokémon games would be more fitting than the old classics which are likely to be used on returning pokémon stages.
8. Impa as a playable character (she would be a Sheik semi-clone like Fox and Falco and not just an echo fighter)
9. Sonic outfits that aren't blue (I personally don't like the character but just give the people the Shadow skin they want or Red Sonic so all Sonics don't jsut look blue.
10. Krystal from Star Fox as a playable character (she would be similar to Fox/Falco but use the staff from Star Fox Adventures and she'd have a disjointed hitbox with it instead of a blaster. She would play like a mix of Fox/Falco and Lucina/Corrin, probably faster than the Fire Emblem characters but with slightly less range so she would be more technical to play than any Fire Emblem character but still balanced so people wouldn't complain about her being fast and having a disjoint)

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
1. Revamp the My Music feature so that you can reassign tracks to different stages.

2. Alternate stage skins that correlate with the alternate My Music options.

3. Single platform, double platform, and quadruple platform omega forms for stages.

4. A designated Pokeball switch.

5. A designated Assist Trophy switch.

6. Character/stage/etc unlock methods that are challenging and push the player, however offer an altenative means of unlocking these things by paying gold.

7. A turn-based minigame that allows you to use your trophies in a chess-board type setting where you arrange your team and move them around the board with the aim of defeating the other team.

8. A fluidly changing story mode that offers morality choices. This story mode would run up to a couple hours and feature dozens of endings, alternate routes, etc.

9. A revamped version of Smash Tour that functions more like Monopoly, using vehicles in Nintendo lore as playing pieces (Samus' gunship, Great Fox, Blue Falcon, SS Dolphin, Halberd, etc). This mode would still involve dice rolls but is far more focused and strategic than Smash Tour. Battles only initiate when characters bump into each other and you win by having the most gold when final turn passes.

10. A Smash Run mode that allows you to play on any of the giant stages (New Pork City, 25mm, Great Cave Offensive, Palutena's Temple, etc). With this I'd also try to include a handful of new giant stages.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
1. A Singleplayer Storymode akin to either Subspace (without the awful stickers dragging EVERYTHING down) or akin to the Injustice games where you do regular fights with story thrown inbetween the fights. CONFIRMED!
2. Stage Creator is hard buffed. At the very least, the Smash 4 system with the difference being we can save stages to external devices. Branching off from that, more environments for the custom stages to be based off of, bring back a lot of the gimmicks that were available in Brawl's creator like ice floors, springs, spikes, the wheel, etc. and cranking up that stage piece limit. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they just straight-up removed it. curses.
3. Music can be assigned to stages individually. If Sakurai doesn't want to dump half of all the final boss themes into Final Destination, then at least let me do it myself without the need for hacking.
4. Lots and lots of alternate costumes. None of that "only 8 alternate outfits per character" nonsense.
5. Fountain of Dreams comes back with a vengeance. SHE'S BACK.
6. Newcomer or Echo Fighter: Linkle
7. Newcomer: 2B
8. Newcomer: Sora
9. Stage Builder plz ;_;
10. Canonize Palucina.

Hmm… this is hard…

1. Nabooru
2. Urbosa
3. Riju
4. Gerudo Climbers
5. Twilight Princess Ganondorf
6. Ganondorf crawling and wall clinging
7. Original 8-bit Ganon
8. Playable Ganon
9. Calamity Ganon
10. Anything Ganondorf

Darn shame it’s only limited to TEN.
Uhh, where the hell is Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf? 0/10 garbo list. begone with ye, rapscallion.

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Story Mode
3. Save your game settings as default (switching from Time to Stock every time gets tiresome)
4. Ability to play custom music via SD card
5. Allow the roster order to be rearranged (I prefer the characters being ordered by series, as opposed to their first appearance in Smash)
6. A proper ranking system of some kind in For Glory
7. Make the mode at the end of Smash Tour where you play with different characters available via Special Smash
8. Shulk buffs
9. Newcomer: Crash Bandicoot
10. Newcomer: Joker (Persona 5)

Gamer23

Smash Rookie
  1. Newcomer, Rico Rodriguez
  2. Newcomer, Octodad
  3. Echo fighters have slight differences from their original
  4. Sonic Mania Stage
  5. A Brawl style story mode with a more complex structure overall
  6. Waluigi
  7. Waluigi
  8. Waluigi
  9. Waluigi
  10. Did I mention I want Walugi? LOL LOL LOL

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
1. King K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Fountain of Dreams
4. Adventure Mode that is a happy medium between Melee and Brawl
5. Custom lobbies for online play
6. Able to team up with an online buddy and go into doubles with em
7. More ground movement options
8. "Super Smaaaaaash Brotheeeers Ultimateeeee" - Xander Mobus
9. All past-announcers as an alternate option.
10. Brand new female announcer as an option.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
1. Isaac
2. Fountain of Dreams
3. An intro made from scratch a la Melee/64
4. Private online lobbies for up to 8 or 9 players (see ARMS)
5. Randomized starting roster
6. Randomized starting stage selection
7. Pokéball toggle
8. Assist Trophy toggle
9. Brawl's Challenge Grid (with more challenges than Smash 4)
10. Trophy Shop with 10 trophies on the shelves

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
  1. The comeback of Race To The Finish (as a Stadium minigame)
  2. The comeback of Target Test with more difficulty levels
  3. An Adventure Mode (I imagine something like Melee's but with branching paths and some kind of backstory like "some evil is happening in Smash world and *character you're playing as* must save the world" but I'd take anything)
  4. A brand new intro like Melee/64 (YES I am aware that Melee's was also part of the E3 trailer but that was made to be the opening according to what I've read of Melee's development and probably was just used for Melee's reveal, not the other way around)
  5. Event Match creator (you choose the characters involved, stage, BGM, CPU behavior, victory/loss conditions, make a description and give it a title, then share with the world)
  6. New Sonic remixes (plural. Still can't get behind the fact Sonic only had one new remix in Brawl, and most important, zero in Smash 4)
  7. New victory themes (if it's not possible for every series then at least for the ones that have been around since Brawl, and if that's impossible then AT LEAST for Sonic)
  8. Celica as an echo fighter (of course a unique character is ideal but I'd have her either way)
  9. Poké Floats coming back
  10. Elma as a playable fighter

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
1. Add a Boss Fight round to Classic Mode where you fight a random large boss(Ganon, Wispy Woods, Porky, Mother Brain, Metal Gear Rex, etc.)

2. A Stable Match mode, that's basically just like Stock Battle, but each Stock is a different character.

3. King Hippo and Eggplant Wizard Assist Trophies.

4. Captain N costume for Mii Gunner.

5. A completely decloned moveset for Ganondorf.

6. Each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon to be a separate, fully fleshed out character, and for all Pokemon in the game except Mewtwo to have a background trainer.

7-10. I guess just 4 picks from my top 10 character picks.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
  1. King K. Rool as a playable character
  2. Waddle Dee as a playable character
  3. Slippy Toad as a playable character
  4. Simon Belmont as a playable character
  5. Fountain of Dreams
  6. Full version of the DK Rap
  7. A full-fledged mode/setting where each stock is a different character
  8. Pac-Man's classic death sound for when he gets star KO'd
  9. A stage based on either Cubivore or Odama
  10. Elite Beat Agents Assist Trophy

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1. Newcomer: King K.Rool
2. Newcomer: Isaac
3. Newcomer: Impa
4. Newcomer: Dixie Kong
5. New Mode: Tag Team Battles. Where you get to choose each Stock by a character.
6. Fountain of Dreams
7. Smash Run
8. Adventure Mode
9. Subspace Emissary with even more cutscenes
10. L-Cancels are back

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
1. Newcomer: Marx
2. Newcomer: Kamek
3. Cut Charizard
4. A Johto stage with lots of HGSS music.
5. Story mode like SSE.
6. A good stage builder
7. Newcomer: Decidueye
8. Dark Matter Assist Trophy
9. A Planet Robobot Stage
10. Newcomer: Ninten

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
1. Music tracks not being cut to 2 minutes (This was almost the worst thing about Sm4sh for me)
2. Some kind of single-player adventure mode
3. A revised All-Star mode
4. Return of the Brinstar Depths stage
5. Coin launcher from Brawl as a mode
6. Pretty much any newcomer in my signature
7. SMT representation in some form (Jack Frost assist trophy, any protagonist as a fighter, or even a trophy, etc.)
8. A more varied musical selection for DK, though other series getting it too is good
9. Smash Run
10. Break the Targets/Board the platforms, in any capacity

11. The ability to rotate the screen with the right joystick

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
1. The whole DK Rap is finally back, performing for you.
2. Mirage Saloon as a stage.
3. Newcomer approching: Shantae
4. A more traditional version of Break The Targets.
5. Newcomer approaching: Rayman
6. Newcomer approaching: Geno
7. Smash Run
8. Peach's Castle 64
9. Newcomer approaching: Banjo-Kazooie
10. Newcomer approaching: Mach Rider

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Some of them are just improvement and modifiers, but I think it's still a correct answer.

01. A real Story-mode (Solo and/or Coop.). It doesn't have to be a Subspace Emissary II, but must have a background related to the Smash Bros. Universe so we can dig deeper into the game itself and know more about the lore of the game (Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Master Core, Metal Mario/Luigi, The fighting Wireframes / Polygons or Alloy ; Tabuu? ; a new entity ?).

02. Bring back some pretty good modes such as : Break The Targets! or Race to the Finish! from Super Smash Bros. Melee.

03. Better Event Matches like Super Smash Bros. Melee. Love that Link vs. Dark Link or VS. Master Hand & Crazy Hand or bring back the REAL Giga Bowser.

04. Bring back Brinstar's Depths.

05. Alternate SSB stages? - I mean like SSB4's Ω form, you would be able to pick like Melee's Final Destination / Battlefield (personally the only Battlefield version I like).

06. Item spawn modifier. Like you could choose the %probability to one item to appear and few extra options for Pokeballs & Assist trophies (where you could turn on or off which Pokemon or trophies could appear).

07. Better Special fight where you can select different attributes for each players. Like Player 1 (Metal, High Gravity), Player 2 (Giant, Stamina), etc.

08. More-funny modes like I saw on this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrg3HwpG3iQ).

09. Multiple-characters stock like in Sm4sh Odyssey or Subspace Emissary. Like you have 3 stocks, you can choose up to 3 characters for each stock (You play as Falco, if you die you re-spawn as Jigglypuff and then as Link for example).

10. A real All-Star mode where we won't be using those ****ty Sm4sh's stage, but more neutral stages as previous game (Brawl, Melee, N64). If the system get similar to Sm4sh, we could also use stage from previous game as we fight old characters.

Bonus: Better Custom stage creator with Import/Export option and maybe a PC-Software editor to make better stages.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
1. Some significant "PVE" mode like adventure or a smaller subspace
2. Better online
3. Geno
4. Anything from kirby
5. Break the targets or anything that isnt what smash 4 had
6. Rayman
7. Anything from Sonic
8. Boss battles please god
9. Klonoa cameo
10. I'm good

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
TBH I’m already pretty content with the game and they haven’t even shown the single player modes yet. I’d be thrilled if they added any of the following though:

1. Story mode with cutscenes
2. Ranked online
3. Melee style Break the targets
4. Bandana Dee
5. King K. Rool
6. Fountain of Dreams
7. Snake Eater on Shadow Moses
8. Iconic Nintendo Bosses
9. Multiple characters stock matches
10. More hitstun

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
1) Newcomer: Elma
2) Newcomer: Simon Belmont
3) An Adventure mode that combines Melee's and Brawl's Subspace Emissary, combining all the characters in cool CGI videos.
4) 1 vs 1 For Fun online (Items on, every stage)
5) Board the Platforms!
6) Mode where each stock is a different character
7) Hanenbow back
8) Zanzibar Breeze, The Best Has Yet To Come, Vocal Snake Eater and MGS4 Victory Song on Shadow Moses
9) All Star Mode where you fight characters from the same series. I don't care how long it will take, I liked how it was in Brawl!
10) Newcomer: Balder from Bayonetta, having both his designs as playable

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
1) More alternate costumes rather than palette swaps. I'm all for ALBW Zelda but I really, really love her TP design.
2) Non-clone Dixie Kong. Give her a moveset she deserves or not at all
3) Melee Adventure Mode
4) Smash Run the way it's meant to be, with interactable opponents
5) The only good part of Smash Tour as its own mode- the different characters as different stocks. That **** was awesome.
6) Melee or Brawl Break the Targets (I'm happy with either. Melee preferred but with as many characters as we have now...)
7) Shovel Knight.
8) A special Smash Bros designed Switch Pro Controller (Gamecube is great and all but it aint king anymore, pro controller for life)
9) Classic Mode without being mostly 8-player Smash... I don't really like the larger-than-four matches
10) Online tournaments that function like Mario Tennis Aces' where you just go at your own pace rather than in a set tournament (Though with better matchmaking). That's the way of the future

Last edited:
Top Bottom