• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could add only 10 things to Smash Ultimate, what would they be?

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
That's objectively incorrect. Rage is more prevalent in moves with higher knock back growth. I'm sure you're already aware of that.
Rage used to be a 1.15x multiplier, now it's a 1.1x multiplier, and doesn't apply to attacks that have set knock back. That 0.05x reduction isn't really a big reduction to its effects.
Fundamentally speaking, some characters abuse rage more than others, so it's also match up dependent. Rage still starts growth at 35% and characters that abuse it most are heavy hitters, or rage mechanic based characters like Lucario and Joker. It's still very much prevalent and is still a flawed mechanic that rewards bad play.
Now your details are right...
But I don't see where you get this idea that it's a direct buff to playing poorly.

Unless you keep dying below 70% or you're on fire and rarely getting hit at all, you're going to reach high percents with rage at some point in a match.
It's just the nature of the game and if anything, it can end your combos earlier due to the increased knockback...
Yes there's Lucario and heavyweights (an archetype who usually always struggles in Smash), but those are topics for a different...

But the only time rage has an sort of significant benefit is when you're opponent is at kill percent or position and if the opponent is playing well, they shouldn't be in very often. So most of the time it's hardly helping you at all.

It's more of a slight boost in clutch kill moment, and well you still got actually land the move to begin with.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Mode: Smash Run
2. Newcomer: Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
3. Newcomer: Waluigi
4. Newcomer: Jill (Drill Dozer)
5. Feature: all songs on every stage
6. Item: Fuzzy (Yoshi's Island)
7. Mode: Ring Smash (Sonic-themed reskin of Coin Smash)
8. Echo Fighter: Paula (Ness)
9. Sonic changed to Classic
10. Newcomer: Dr. Eggman

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Now your details are right...
But I don't see where you get this idea that it's a direct buff to playing poorly.

Unless you keep dying below 70% or you're on fire and rarely getting hit at all, you're going to reach high percents with rage at some point in a match.
It's just the nature of the game and if anything, it can end your combos earlier due to the increased knockback...
Yes there's Lucario and heavyweights (an archetype who usually always struggles in Smash), but those are topics for a different...

But the only time rage has an sort of significant benefit is when you're opponent is at kill percent or position and if the opponent is playing well, they shouldn't be in very often. So most of the time it's hardly helping you at all.

It's more of a slight boost in clutch kill moment, and well you still got actually land the move to begin with.
I never said heavy weights, tho they are included. I said heavy hitters. You don't have to be heavy to hit like one. That's just facts.
It's called a comeback mechanic by the people who produced it lol. That's exactly what it is, a comeback mechanic.
I haven't dropped combos to rage, nor do I see other people really dropping them to rage. I do see people taking earlier stocks because of it tho.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I never said heavy weights, tho they are included. I said heavy hitters. You don't have to be heavy to hit like one. That's just facts.
It's called a comeback mechanic by the people who produced it lol. That's exactly what it is, a comeback mechanic.
I haven't dropped combos to rage, nor do I see other people really dropping them to rage. I do see people taking earlier stocks because of it tho.
If I were to have the rage advantage but my opponent didn't, I'm so far behind that it's honestly not going to matter in the end unless my opponent suddenly becomes stupid in the middle of the match, or their controller dies while at 60% or higher. I would still have to get them to a high enough percent for faster moves to kill them and land that final blow while making sure I don't die in the process. That is 1,000 times easier said than done.

If we both have rage advantages, then all it means is that we will kill each other at earlier percents. Neither one of us truly has an advantage over the other in that scenario. It only makes any difference when the players are neck and neck, and even then, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
well, i posted before, but was before the game launched., still , i dont think there is much more else this game needs. but if i can be greedy? :3

15-New assist trophies and an Assist trophy bar that is filled like the final smash gauge and lets you summon one AT once filled.
14-Coin battles mode, along with 8 player smash coin battles.
13-Option to augment or diminish a character "team aura" in the options menu. (as a way to improve readibility on 8 player team smashes)
12-New normal game mode. King of the hill, a point battle when every few seconds a platform appears and gives points to whoever manages to control it (should be interesting in big maps, and would solve certain problems of some maps such as walkoffs camping, circle camping and sharking)
11-Home run contest (although i think this one is only a matter of time)
10-Break the targets and board the platforms. one per character.
9-a new improved "race to the finish, basically like teh one we already have, but with prettier and whit 7 different courses variying difficulties
8-New bosses (Dr eggman, Giratina, Kraid, Sans) + a Boss rush mode + an "insane" boss dificulty.
7-a slight revamp of classic mode that adds break the targets, board the platforms, the new bosses and the new race to the finish.
6-A model viewer where you can select the models already in teh game and pose them in ay given stage to take screenshots and whatnots. (like upgraded trophies, but only with in game models, instead of creating models exclusive for this game mode)
5-Actual Final Fantasy content (spirits, music tracks, etc)
4-Content from other franchises withouth playable characters, like a bomberman stage, shovel knight and shantae music, etc...)
3-Rythm heaven character and more content (stage, tracks, etc)
2-Dark souls content and a character.
1-An stage builder update (with stuff like spawn points and assets)
9000-Another season pass.

totally realistic and moderated expectations there

Geno Boost

Smash Master
1. SMRPG x SSBU what i want is Geno as playable character and Boshi as an echo of Yoshi to give Yoshi a villain rep with 2 SMRPG stages being Booster Tower and Culex battle area (having also little bit similar to the midgar stage hazards) also Smithy as a boss with all the forms and Bowyer as an asisst trophy he could ban buttons such as B attacks or A attacks and sheild/dodge which is a unique concept
2. smash run
3. representing the virtual boy era by adding Harry from from Teleroboxer with a unique stage virtual boy show games something similar to warioware stage because smash ultimate is missing a retro rep newcomer also virtual boy games music
4. Wario Land x SSBU simply bring on Captian Syrup as a playable character with wario land stage and music and have Princess Shokora as assist and make her transform into a cat then transform into princess with a different kind of appearence since she has 4 princess forms and depending on it when she hugs or kiss you she will either heal you or posion you or make you confused or give boost to your stats
5. PMD x SSBU have Grovyle from PMD2 represent the PMD series with PMD items such as the time gear being part of his moveset and have tempolar tower as a stage that could change between before the primal dialga fight during the current and the alternate future on the top of the icy mountian depending on the PMD music also make Primal Dialga a boss
6. break the target
7. more FF contents you know what i mean
8. Alex Kidd and Jack frost mii costumes and Chocobo and Slime mii hats since they are some kind of mascots SEGA and Atlus and Square-enix have so its important to have them in some shape or form when it comes to crossovers
9. MOTHER x SSBU its weird to not have Porky in this game at all so make him playable instead he is a perfect villain because of cruel he is and while your at it make Ninten an echo of Ness so the the entire MOTHER series gets represented porky could be a boss as well with the spider mech
10. miiverse stage coming back kinda but not really miiverse, splatoon 2 did have miiverse kind of board and fanarts were being shared online on the walls on the stages so make something similar to it in SSBU so when people make fanart with the miiverse kind of board it will show in a place that is too similiar to the miiverse stage also the fanarts depends on the fighters that are being used.

Top Bottom