• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I started playing Falcon this week.

nuc

Smash Cadet
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

wog dosen't seem to know who the mighty g-reg is.

ALL HAIL G-REG

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
Wow you sound like a lost child. Okay, first of all, we don't give a flying **** what you do in this game, so stop posting about it.

Second, if you're going to play a character, YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT THE FAQs OR USE THE SEARCH BUTTON FOR QUESTIONS INSTEAD OF ASKING THEM IN THIS STUPID ARBITRARY THREAD.

my god i hate you

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I think Aura might've been joking. At least, I hope he was.

G-reg, if you make Falcon work and be awesome in Brawl, I will bake you the best ****ing cake ever.

Then airmail it to you. Virginia is too far away to drive.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
shiiii if you make falcon work ill build you a space ship that goes light speed x2 and fly you off to a planet far away that will be litterd with females that look like jessica alba beyonce jesssica beal and who ever else comes to mind XD XD XD

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I'm not so excited if he's not been playing brawl falcon the past few months.... this ain't exactly melee. Have you not been playing brawl at all or had you given up on falcon at the start of brawl?

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Oh YEHS. I hope you can find something with your Falcon skills, but with a game as shallow as Brawl is right now I don't know if there is anything to find beyond the character's moveset and attributes.

Good luck.

Charoo

Smash Champion
gotta love these threads

we all know melee falcon = brawl falcon so melee falcon pro = brawl falcon pro

and yes i know who g reg is. G-reg accomplish his goal with this thread =)

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I must admit, when brawl came out i picked falcon again, my melee main, then just started to use him less and less, now i dont ever use him, but if G-Reg does his magic stuff, i might main him again.

Good luck to you, master.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
I must admit, when brawl came out i picked falcon again, my melee main, then just started to use him less and less, now i dont ever use him, but if G-Reg does his magic stuff, i might main him again.

Good luck to you, master.

That's a S*hitty way of looking at it from that persective. You should play whatever character you like the most, not what others play as. Get a backbone.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
That's a S*hitty way of looking at it from that persective. You should play whatever character you like the most, not what others play as. Get a backbone.
Who are are you to tell me whom I should play?

In Melee, Falcons like g-reg, Darkrain, and Isai played with a flair that made me want to main him. That's one thing that's missing from Brawl Falcon. If g-reg can bring that back somehow (or at least make Falcon usable), many doubters who played Melee Falcon will definitely main him. However, I'm probably going to stick with him anyway.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
gotta love these threads

we all know melee falcon = brawl falcon so melee falcon pro = brawl falcon pro

and yes i know who g reg is. G-reg accomplish his goal with this thread =)
This guy has the right idea. Melee pros stroking their egos.

chaotic002

Smash Apprentice
3 years from now the metagames will probably be more developed and tiers might change a lot such as characters like cf might make top middle tier.

thats what i think

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I think Aura might've been joking. At least, I hope he was.

G-reg, if you make Falcon work and be awesome in Brawl, I will bake you the best ****ing cake ever.

Then airmail it to you. Virginia is too far away to drive.
shiiii if you make falcon work ill build you a space ship that goes light speed x2 and fly you off to a planet far away that will be litterd with females that look like jessica alba beyonce jesssica beal and who ever else comes to mind XD XD XD
Falcon is plenty good in Brawl, which you'd realize if you've been maining him for the past 3 months and stopped getting your ***** beat cuz you're trying to knee people; if he had the priority everyone wants he'd be a shoe-in for top tier. G-reg will most likely find a couple combos that aren't game-breaking, and will probably have a playstyle that you'll try to copy, but won't be anything new. It's been said many times before, and I'll say it again: THIS IS NOT MELEE FALCON so stop trying to play like melee. On a side note I respect G-reg's competitive smash experience, but that won't make him an instant pro in brawl.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea theres little chance ill actually play falcon in tournament, but ive been playing him a ton over the past week.

we all know falcon is limited compared to most other characters, its likely that hes the worst character inherently, but that doesnt mean that you have to lose every match with him.

i believe you can win in brawl with anyone, just like it was in melee, you just have to create a style that can counter your opponent in the situation. for a while, chudatz was winning tournaments with pichu, he refined a style all his own and took advantage. theres lots of things in the games physics that you can abuse to put falcons moves to good use.

think of moves like overB and dthrow/uthrow. these moves no longer combo into knee or uair, like in melee. this tremendously limits his combo-ability, because your opponent can simply air dodge any kind of follow-up attack. well, if your opponent is airdodging all the time, youve got the advantage. wait for it and time a double jump uair chain to counter his defense. if he jumps away from you, beat him to his spot with another move. if your opponent constantly air dodges before landing, start charginging fsmash/dsmash and youll likely kill him every time. this forces your opponent to think twice about air dodging, and he'll have to change his strategy accordingly.

you just have to be smart and figure stuff out yourself. a strat wont just magically work all the time because some good player puts up a vid and says so, you have to MAKE it work and adjust accordingly.

i probably wont be testing out "new finds" and new technical breakthroughs, ill be trying to win with falcon against the best in my area. thats the trick of getting good at this game, find what works and stockpile everything you learn for future matches, until you find the right strategy for who you are playing.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
and btw, im just as good at this game as anyone in the country, however i dont stick with solely good characters like most, i like to branch out and use others. no one likes a fighting game with only 3 characters.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Yehs! Uair is still a great followup move even though it doesnt combo. IMO Brawl Falcon is even more about baiting the opponent. Sadly, this would also mean that all the good stuff isn't guaranteed.

You can pull it off, but it wont be as easy as the bull**** that the top tiers can do.

You look a hundred times sexier though and you turn into a ***** magnet.

Medic

Smash Cadet
Welcome back, G-Reg. Can't wait to play you at one of the upcoming tourneys in some Falcon Dittoes.
Best of luck!

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Falcon is plenty good in Brawl, which you'd realize if you've been maining him for the past 3 months and stopped getting your ***** beat cuz you're trying to knee people; if he had the priority everyone wants he'd be a shoe-in for top tier. G-reg will most likely find a couple combos that aren't game-breaking, and will probably have a playstyle that you'll try to copy, but won't be anything new. It's been said many times before, and I'll say it again: THIS IS NOT MELEE FALCON so stop trying to play like melee. On a side note I respect G-reg's competitive smash experience, but that won't make him an instant pro in brawl.
Lol, why the attacks on reaver and artie? What did they say? Who the hell are you to say they haven't been playing falcon. I'd go out on a limb and say both artie and reaver would whoop you.

Don't spam us with "THIS IS NOT MELEE FALCON so stop trying to play like melee". WE ****ING KNOW.If you believe this proves anything you have to say you're a complete moron.

And G-reg, hope to see some vids of your matches soon.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Ah, I was assuming that G-reg was going to eventually try Falcon out in a tournament. I guess not.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Lol, why the attacks on reaver and artie? What did they say? Who the hell are you to say they haven't been playing falcon. I'd go out on a limb and say both artie and reaver would whoop you.

Don't spam us with "THIS IS NOT MELEE FALCON so stop trying to play like melee". WE ****ING KNOW.If you believe this proves anything you have to say you're a complete moron.

And G-reg, hope to see some vids of your matches soon.
Haha I saw your response and was like wtf, I said that to reaver and artie? (zkid's got a pretty good falcon; I don't recall seeing any vids with reaver but he made the guide) Anyways I strongly disagree with anyone who considers Falcon unplayable, and am disgusted by excessive idolatry of a player.
And yes everyone wants vids... no johns....

Edit: Yeah I'd like to play them but they're across the country (I don't like laggy matches) and I havn't faced a brawl falcon in 1v1 yet so yes I'd probably suck.

Edit2: Also I'm more interested in fighting non-Falcons so that I can get to writing a matchups guide, so if anyone in the Western US has a pretty good non-Falcon please PM me for the betterment of our forum =)

Iwan

Smash Ace
I doubt anyone's going to find anything groundbreaking...even g-reg.

As g-reg already said...it's all about play style with Falcon. He has so little advantages compared to the rest of the cast that it comes down to how you play Falcon.

Good luck finding anything new...hope it happens.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so yea i take it back, after much falcon research, hes just so hard to win with. the best stuff i can come up with is grabbing and abusing their air-dodge. good luck to all falcon mains

Top Bottom