• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I quit Smash Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
I like alot of the things that people are saying but i don't feel like releasing my feelings cuz im a lazy sum *****. But I would like to get better WITH NESS!

Yeah I said it. The problem is that i can't make it to any tournaments most of the time. But for now...........................

My Ness VS Chaddd's Ganon A.S.A.P

Also, Can someone please try to host more tourneys( not smashfests, actual tournies ) around marietta, kennesaw, and acworth??
Maybe another Tipped Off FullMetal??

that is all.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
:Agrees with everything Ares and Carter said. :bigthumbu

If you couldn't give a rat's *** about ZOMG I am teh PWNZORS !!!?!?!!?! and just strive to have fun, I am positive you can still have a fulfilling experience in the smash world.
(Regardless of how Chaddd makes it seem)

Tato Loco: idk Mike G is from NY and we know how that turned out (:****)
Who knows you may surprise us. (I hope you do)

Gildedpunch: You ****** with Ness will be infinitely more impressive than anyone ****** with a Top/High/Mid tier. Keep it up man (Low tier players get lonely )

Yoshi vs. Ness matches if we both attend a tourney ? ;)

mog112

Smash Ace
Carter, you never seen the old pokes from other states have you? GA has a reputation that I wouldn't say is the best, but who really cares right? You play a couple times a week. . . . . I wish someone was here in Oxford to train with. The best I can do is to play once every two weeks usually. I sometimes get more, but that is the average.

Also, don't know if you remember me, but I have to say that you have a good Fox. XD
if your playing the game so that you can change ga's reputation, your probably not playing for the right reason. and from when ive noticed when i check the boards, even though chaddd is the best player, he does have the most drama from his posts.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
GA isn't bad for a Southern state at all. The low population density in the South makes it difficult to get the practice needed to advance to high levels of play. MS has about 2.5 million people and other than Jackson, where there are ZERO active Smashers, there are no major cities.

I go to tourneys when I can, which usually involves drives of 4-5 hours or more, and I lose. Horribly. But I am improving, just not at the rate I would like to see.

Anyway, I post this to give you some perspective--GA does well for its location. I really wish we had that kind of scene here. :(

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Playing against only Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Mississippi doesnt help much either to get an idea of what its really like at the top level.
We try, but as you can see, all of us are isolated from the big Smash communities. MS has like 4 players who play anymore and decent. We go to tournies we can go to and -Chad_ does very well for someone from such a small community (but he has Memphis >_>).

It would be great if all our communities can improve, but location and a good start are everything. If your state is isolated and is small in population density, people won't come to play you and when people stop coming, then the community gets smaller. If the community gets smaller, less people come. It is a very vicious cycle and that is what happened to our Midsouth biweeklies. =(

I was starting to get semi-decent, too. [/selfish whining]

Edit: No kidding Shai. I would love having such a tourney scene.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
honestly i dont know what to think of this thread. I highly respect Chaddd as a Ganon player and he is pretty much right about Georgia scene. but look at TN, MS, AL, AR, KY, NC, and SC. All have decently dedicated smashers. but its just that Melee is in the end of its days and honestly i dont think anyone really has the Heart to travel anymore. especially if they are not going to win or have no chance. I love smash with loads of people myself. lots of fun, trashtalkin, all nighters, and stuff like that. but really chaddd how is busting on GA smash gonna help. GAWes tried the same approach and it didnt really help for like 3 years. all you will do is make less friends and more enemies. There are some people who are dedicated (Myself, you, GAWes, and DML to name a few.) and there are some people how just go to go. The main thing that has kept me wanting to get better is three things. My competitive personality, My desire to beat you. and my desire to beat Iori, and for these reasons i stay competitive. I get my *** beat by you guys on a consistant basis. yet everytime i feel i get just a lil closer. Dont take me wrong Chaddd i agree with ya, im just saying take a different path to help improve the community

Really and truly i think thats was GA needs to find to be better. Reasons to play and Great Rivalries.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
This thread is the ******** trash, not my post.

Seriously how arrogant do you have to be to post some nonsense like this? Yah lets attempt to increase the skill level of Georgia by demeaning the **** out of them and proclaiming yourself as some sort of Georgia smash savior.

Now I say this, not to talk myself up, although I know for a fact that more than a few morons will come on here to start something, and then realizing they have no argument, proceed to call me angry and report me to the mods.
Not to talk yourself up? That is all I ever see from your posts. All you do on here is try to promote/prove yourself as a great smasher. I could honestly go through all of your posts and pull out all the ******** arguments you've gotten in trying prove you're just as good or better than someone.

And when some of your fellow Georgia smashers post about how they did good or almost beat you in some matches you have a tempur tantrum like a little girl. Your ego is too big to allow who you think are "lesser" players to talk about their succcess against you.

Then you go and post **** like this:

Just so you know, I'm definitely somewhere near the top. Why? I pwns. But really, I was hanging even with ChuDat and Cactuar at Evo. Got 9th. No new merits for this? Oh well, I think I'm pretty good.
You seem to hate when lesser players compare themselves to you and yet you go and compare yourself to Chu Dat?

Georgia why do any of you even like this kid? I don't know what hes like in real life but hes an arrogant hypocrite prick on here.

Take a lesson from one of the other Georgia smash gods like GAWes or Mike G, who both appear to be nice and humble smashers.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with Sheer!!!

I think Chaddd just is annoyed of the lack of competition in GA (not many stand up to him) therefore he wants everyone else to care as much as him about getting better (and go through with it)!!!

:colorful:

Maverick's C0CK

Smash Journeyman
lol he claims to go even with chillin and chudat when he lost. getting a person to 1 stock isnt anything to brag about. U LOST LOSER.I should start bragging about me owning a sh*t load of top players at FDC in friendlies. I make chaddd's accomplishments look like sh*t if i start bragging about how i owned top players in friendlies or how close i got to them.

chaddd come back when you beaten someone good cuz the the way i see you havent done anything in this game to even prove your good at all. when you played and beat tipman in friendlies dont let it go to your head dude. he's retired the guy went to LTEC to see all his friends and to have fun. who brags about beating a retired player wtf. dont make rumors about him still playing smash to make yourself look good. tipman already thinks your a just a scrubby goofy looking white guy(tipman said it not me) for using his name to make your self look good.

* look everyone im chaddd* I almost beat shiz got close to drephen ***** darkrain in friendlies he won like 5 out of 30 matches i got matches off m2k and pc chris. MANN IM SOOO F*CKING GOOOD. linguini can do the same and brag on how he ***** a sh*t load of top players which he did at FCD. ask him all of his accomplishment they are probably a lot better than your sh*itty so called accomplishments. but he wont stoop that low like your f@ggot ***

I agree with sheer he owns.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Don't apologize to anyone you haven't wronged. It's pointless.
WTF Ares. That's the cornerstone of being Asian.

If I can't apologize for things I haven't done, I might as well get surgery to enlarge my eyes, start taking Enzyte, and fix my buck-tooth problem.

Love ya <3

You handling vids for Waba? Throw some my way if you need help :)

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Georgia, please stop feeling sorry for yourself. Also, don't say "Sorry to disappoint you chaddd." It's not your job to please him.

It's really not that hard to get good. All 112 and I did was play a couple times a week, and we basically only played against each other (aside from the occasional visit by Merc) Just keep up the good work GA. Watch videos, practice mindgames (that's really all you need; tech skill=kind of unnecessary), and play with friends. Personally, I don't feel like Georgia is that bad at smash as a whole. Also, I've never really seen or heard anyone trash talk Georgia (aside from chaddd in this thread and the occasional harmless pokes from Florida) Who gives a **** about respect? Georgia has an amazing, tight community where everyone is essentially happy. I rarely see any arguments at tournaments or anyone frowning in the corner because they're just not good enough. No, everyone plays with everyone, and everyone has fun.

Only recently have I actually started placing in actual tournies. Before that, I would never make it into the money, but I would still pay that entry fee every time I came. Georgia, keep your heads up. Who gives a **** if you're not as good as chaddd, or if we're not getting this so called "respect." Just play the game. Look at GPC. Dear lord, I've never seen so many people so close together, having so much fun playing a video game. It's pretty cool. Don't feel like you owe it to anyone to get respect. If you want to get better, play more. If you're satisfied with your skill level, great job. Play at your own pace and have fun.

GA rules.
As always, <3 Carter.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
it's cool xif. it's jus GA isn't as competitve as other states like ny, FL or cali. it doesnt mean we have to be but imo I wish it was. I hope none of you took my previous post the wrong way either. Only some people act that way as I said earlier. GA competitive smash in general is really good and will continue to improve.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
it's cool xif. it's jus GA isn't as competitve as other states like ny, FL or cali. it doesnt mean we have to be but imo I wish it was. I hope none of you took my previous post the wrong way either. Only some people act that way as I said earlier. GA competitive smash in general is really good and will continue to improve.
whatever. stop pickin' fights, Mike...

D

Deleted member

chaddd our boy renth came back to PA looking solid. If you want GA to step it up, I can't help you there, but I'd take a shot at you myself.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I know I said I wouldn't post again, but most of you don't seem to get it.

"Oh don't listen to Chad, we're really good. We can still play and have fun. He just likes to brag."

HELLO. *******ES. I'M FROM GEORGIA. WHY IN A YEAR AND A HALF CAN NON OF YOU BEAT ME ANYMORE? I'M GOD ****ED BORED OF WINNING EVERY LOCAL TOURNAMENT I GO TO. An attitude that justifies you losing so much is not an attitude that will win you anything. This is the only thing I'm trying to argue, I believe. No one has proven to me that you can all win, you have only told me why what I'm saying is hurtful in some way, why you don't care, or why it's okay to lose all the time. How have any of your responded to anything I've said if all you do is get bent out of shape about what someone says about you? And so many people on 1 person? If this thread was truly crap, it would be dead by now. But a high ranked player in your state speaks some truth and all turn hostile. Just get better. I promise that's not a personal attack on anyone. I'm still talking about performances in a video game, folks.

You can deny everything I said as long as you want. Or you can stop taking offense and prove me wrong. Which is more productive? Sometimes it's what you should do isn't always the first approach. The first response to something like this is usually to get angry. But who are you angry at? Me? Does the perspective that I have given you anger you? Sounds to me like you all know exactly what I'm saying and you don't think it sounds very good. It sucks even worse because it's the truth. I have little respect for my Local Smash scene in terms of Smash skill. In terms of liking people for who they are here, I have no problem with anyone in my state, personally. I just feel you should all learn to differentiate criticizing your smash ability and criticizing you as a person. I have wronged non of you in any way. I speak merely for the need to improve your ability in this VIDEO GAME. Stop acting like I've attacked all of you.

Lambchops: Actually, I took Chu to 3 games, and he had to wobble me 4 stocks out of 12 to keep up stocks. I also brought him back to 1 stock from 2 stocks down. Oh yeah, when was the last time you beat someone good, again? Oh ****, that's right.

PS Alpha I was just messing with you. Sometimes people need to chill out and breathe for a minute.

PS Prac for tier 2.

PS Goodbye for a while, Smashboards.

PB&J

Smash Hero
sometimes i wonder why people get so hostile on smash boards..ive done it before and realized it was stupid..the more you defend your self it feels like your in a deeper hole..anyway..ga is beast at smash..we just need more experience..i don't care if im on top 10 or tier 10 i still think with enough practice i can win tournies ..i don't go into matches thinking im going to lose even if it is a peach player i still think i can win...us ga smashers are good ..sometimes we make johns,but thats everybody...the so called pros makes johns too..trust me i heard them,but thats life..u guys don't have to prove anything to chaddd or anybody else..ifu want to get better,get better,stop putting this obstacle which is not there in front of u and play to win..everybody to me has gotten better someway or another..stop looking for people to recognize u and recognize yourself,because if u don't believe in yourself how can u get so in so to look at u..remember its a video game its not going to kill u..stop getting mad at post about a video game(i do love this game though) lets have fun and improve our self confedence

ga smashers for brawl

GAwes

Hidden Boss
GAWes tried the same approach and it didnt really help for like 3 years. all you will do is make less friends and more enemies.
Actually, it worked quite well. For some reason about 3-4 years ago there were no good players from ATL area besides Blake and 3 other guys that didn't play smash for much longer. All the players were in the suburbs and all too young to travel. So back then i was about number 4 in GA or so, i used to just pick random areas and post threads on smashboards (this was back when regional zones didn't even exist) and just call them out. Everyone thinks i'm so nice, because i am in person, but i did what i had to do, and if you don't respect that, i don't really care because most of you (and don't think i believe video games are like some religion or a movement or something, its just a game that i absolutely love playing) have done little or nothing to improve the community besides getting noobs to recognize slightly high level play and giving a few people your money at tournaments. Take that as you will. I talked loooooads of **** to regions. I would post threads that were basically titled "Savannah Sucks" and just see if ANYONE would turn up. Most of you weren't even around for this, and honestly, if it wasn't for the tournaments i organized, most of you wouldn't be any good at this game. Yes, thats arrogant i guess, but its also true. I put a lootttttt of work into this community since i was 14 years old guys. I hosted the second smash tournament in GA. I was the first to break 50 people. First to break 100. And i honestly didn't get very good compared to OOSers for a long long time. Really, i wasn't that good until Chad came along. Bobby, Mike, and I ran this state for too long, so we all got soft, i pretty much never expected to beat mike, cause, i mean, he's mike G. yo. but thats the wrong attitute, be friends in real life, and worst ****ing enemies in the game. Chad and I are really good friends in real life. But when we play to win, we play as hard as we can, i'm the same with everyone i play.

want the secret to getting good????
read below, i don't know how many people don't get this, but if i had to name one person who really really gets this i'd point out Alpha

Don'ts
-

*Don't think that playing a lot makes you good. I've met kids who have played for years and lose to me in less than 45 seconds

*Don't think that you have to travel to all the tournaments to get good.

*Don't think that you can't beat someone, if you have to talk yourself up a little, do it, people will yell at you, they always do, if you can back yourself up, then you can, if you can't, there is always next time.

*Don't think tech skill is that important

*Don't make character Johns

*Don't suck other people's ***** so much. Do you play so they'll get better? Or do you play so you'll get better? Jesus guys, come on.

Do's

*Every single time you play a match (unless you are drunk) TRY AS HARD AS YOU CAN, or as close to that as you can make yourself, no one can play like they do in a tournament, but seriously, if you just play your friends all the time, and sit there, and just lazily combo, and try out the new "techs" from your character specific thread and **** like that. You aren't going to get good, you may get decent, but you'll never be that great, and hey, if you and your friends don't have any other way to hang out because you're turbonerds or something, then whatever, thats cool i guess.

BUT THIS ENTIRE POST IS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY NEVER GET TOP 5 IN TOURNAMENTS

* pick a few things you know you should work on, and work them into your friendly gameplay, what you practice ( and i don't mean tech skill) in friendlies, is what makes you good in tournaments, because in high stress matches, you don't have the room to try something out for the first time.

*Do get out of Atlantic South if you don't plan on getting better through tournaments. Sorry, but the main forum you are under is TOURNAMENT DISCUSSION. if you want to just have fun with your friends and ****, go to MELEE DISCUSSION, where people still think bombsoldier is a god among men and people actually listen to Laijin when he talks about Caveman.

*Truth is hard learned lesson. Consistency is the most important thing in getting good. If you can beat a few foxes and falcos who are too dumb to get out of ****ty combos. Great, you can beat half of the nation's players. But seriously, if you get four stocked by "crazy" characters like ganon or peach or marth or falcon, then you are not good. Sorry

*Here are the most important facts of getting good

-Learn to move your character around the stage and your opponent

-LEARN TO DI - its not just about what percentage you die at, its about everything, its whether that tipper from marth catches you after a double fair, whether you die from a knee off the stage at like 50 percent or whether it misses you entirely and you come back to the stage to win the match. Matches are only 4 stock, that means you have 3 chances to **** up.

-TECH CHASE - tech chasing is not just from throws. Learn to follow your opponent and force them into your more laggy kill moves, tech chasing or jump chasing is how i catch 99 percent of Falcon Punches or any other laggy move.

-Worry about getting your opponent off the stage rather than combo videoesque combos. Only losers that worship DBR care about those combos, and you don't want their respect (i hope ><) A marth backthrowing a fox to a neutral jab to a down b to forward smash is a lot more effective then silly attempts at fast fall cancelling up airs to up tilts to "ken combos" and ****. Learn to be deadly, not flashy.

Hope this helped guys. Please stop making Johns. A lot of you may not like chad right now, but whatever. As far as I see it. Chad didn't like me when we first met. And for those people that play the game with their friends and don't feel like trying that hard against them because its just their friends and they want to have fun, then seriously, get off the couch and go have some real fun with your friends. Sitting in your basement on a ****ty couch with 3 other guys and playing smash, and sucking *** for 2 years straight is nothing to be proud of, that hasn't been cool since we were 12 or 13 years old. Most of you are young adults now. If you are going to stay in the community, contribute to it. This **** doesn't happen on its own. This is a competitive Forum, it is for tournaments, rankings, people being better than others. If you have a problem with saying "Person A is better than Person B" then you don't really matter. Have you ever seen an Olympiad get on TV and say "well germany is just too good at skiing" and make johns about that ****. **** no. Its the spirit of competition. I once saw a swimmer from Africa finish a full two laps or so behind the other competitors because their country doesn't even have a single olympic size swimming pool. What do you think he said to the others after the race? Do you think he *****ed about being bracket gayed? Do you think he appologized to them for dissapointing them? Do you think he made travel and money Johns? F.uck that.

lol he claims to go even with chillin and chudat when he lost. getting a person to 1 stock isnt anything to brag about. U LOST LOSER.
Actually he beat chillin.

-GAWes

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
If anything, I have great hope for the smash community in GA.
I myself have strived this past year to improve- with my one goal for smash being to become recognized as the "Best Marth in GA".
I dunno if I've done that or not, but I'm at least closer than I was before.
Thank you Carter, for pointing out what GPC has. We've all tried together to become good at this game, to put up a fight, to earn the respect of our peers in the GA smash community, BUT.
At the end of the day, we're all just playing to have fun!
I am **** proud of everyone I've met at GPC.
We've all come from being such scrub-sauce, into a great, tightly knit smash crew. I love each and every one of you guys.

That aside, lets keep stepping it up, guys. I'm so **** tired of GA being looked down upon, I'm SO **** tired of people talking **** about us because we "can't beat OOS-ers", and I am JUST SO GOD-**** ****ING TIRED of losing!
My competetive drive won't let me accept losses, ANY of them. Every time I lose I stop and wonder what I did wrong that match, not "Oh he was just better than me". Because while the player may have been better than me, that doesn't mean that it has to STAY that way. I improve off of every single match I lose, and I'll continue to do so.
If nobody else steps it up and tries, fine.
But I'm going to fight, I'm going to struggle, I'm going to strive to build a name for this state- to let everyone else know that there's smashers in GA that are both fun people AND decent at smash.
And I'll TIPPER anybody who says otherwise!

/end rant

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Wes, Chad, thank you.

you guys need to understand what is being said instead of how its being said. facts are still facts.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
And I'll TIPPER anybody who says otherwise!
Good **** man, i think i might copy my post to a new thread when this one dies/gets closed. Seriously, some kids don't know how to get good. GPC is gold, want to be a winner. get a ****ing winners attitude.

And mike G. rulez, old school man, this guy knew me when my marth wouldn't have made tier 3 in this state now.

Brown Mario Pound It

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
tru dat my old skool brotha! *pound*

and if any of you think Chad's approach to this is wrong: DA did the same exact thing back in NY's early days of smash. Samus Wes made over 20 topics just like this and he is far more arrogant than Chad. Now DA is struggling with all the high level of skill thats up there....and they love it. Mild from H2YL(Azen's crew) and Ive even seen Robmoney do this too in TX a few times in the past. Sometimes it does take a single voice of truth to cause positive changes in a community's growth.

GAwes's posts of truth back in the day were too hot too- im not even sure where GA would be without him.

Maverick's C0CK

Smash Journeyman
I know I said I wouldn't post again, but most of you don't seem to get it.

"Oh don't listen to Chad, we're really good. We can still play and have fun. He just likes to brag."

HELLO. *******ES. I'M FROM GEORGIA. WHY IN A YEAR AND A HALF CAN NON OF YOU BEAT ME ANYMORE? I'M GOD ****ED BORED OF WINNING EVERY LOCAL TOURNAMENT I GO TO. An attitude that justifies you losing so much is not an attitude that will win you anything. This is the only thing I'm trying to argue, I believe. No one has proven to me that you can all win, you have only told me why what I'm saying is hurtful in some way, why you don't care, or why it's okay to lose all the time. How have any of your responded to anything I've said if all you do is get bent out of shape about what someone says about you? And so many people on 1 person? If this thread was truly crap, it would be dead by now. But a high ranked player in your state speaks some truth and all turn hostile. Just get better. I promise that's not a personal attack on anyone. I'm still talking about performances in a video game, folks.

You can deny everything I said as long as you want. Or you can stop taking offense and prove me wrong. Which is more productive? Sometimes it's what you should do isn't always the first approach. The first response to something like this is usually to get angry. But who are you angry at? Me? Does the perspective that I have given you anger you? Sounds to me like you all know exactly what I'm saying and you don't think it sounds very good. It sucks even worse because it's the truth. I have little respect for my Local Smash scene in terms of Smash skill. In terms of liking people for who they are here, I have no problem with anyone in my state, personally. I just feel you should all learn to differentiate criticizing your smash ability and criticizing you as a person. I have wronged non of you in any way. I speak merely for the need to improve your ability in this VIDEO GAME. Stop acting like I've attacked all of you.

Lambchops: Actually, I took Chu to 3 games, and he had to wobble me 4 stocks out of 12 to keep up stocks. I also brought him back to 1 stock from 2 stocks down. Oh yeah, when was the last time you beat someone good, again? Oh ****, that's right.

PS Alpha I was just messing with you. Sometimes people need to chill out and breathe for a minute.

PS Prac for tier 2.

PS Goodbye for a while, Smashboards.
lol dont get me started cuz all i did was named the ppl i played in friendlies. still bragging about friendlies? I also went even with chu when i played him ohhh what now mothat*cker and i ***** your dumb *** at ltec. I f*cking 3 stocked you.like i said come back when you acaully beatt someone good in TOURNEY cuz thats when it matters cuz you still havent proved to me that your even good.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
read below, i don't know how many people don't get this, but if i had to name one person who really really gets this i'd point out Alpha

Don'ts
-

*Don't think that playing a lot makes you good. I've met kids who have played for years and lose to me in less than 45 seconds

*Don't think that you have to travel to all the tournaments to get good.

*Don't think that you can't beat someone, if you have to talk yourself up a little, do it, people will yell at you, they always do, if you can back yourself up, then you can, if you can't, there is always next time.

*Don't think tech skill is that important

*Don't make character Johns

*Don't suck other people's ***** so much. Do you play so they'll get better? Or do you play so you'll get better? Jesus guys, come on.

Do's

*Every single time you play a match (unless you are drunk) TRY AS HARD AS YOU CAN, or as close to that as you can make yourself, no one can play like they do in a tournament, but seriously, if you just play your friends all the time, and sit there, and just lazily combo, and try out the new "techs" from your character specific thread and **** like that. You aren't going to get good, you may get decent, but you'll never be that great, and hey, if you and your friends don't have any other way to hang out because you're turbonerds or something, then whatever, thats cool i guess.

BUT THIS ENTIRE POST IS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY NEVER GET TOP 5 IN TOURNAMENTS

* pick a few things you know you should work on, and work them into your friendly gameplay, what you practice ( and i don't mean tech skill) in friendlies, is what makes you good in tournaments, because in high stress matches, you don't have the room to try something out for the first time.

*Do get out of Atlantic South if you don't plan on getting better through tournaments. Sorry, but the main forum you are under is TOURNAMENT DISCUSSION. if you want to just have fun with your friends and ****, go to MELEE DISCUSSION, where people still think bombsoldier is a god among men and people actually listen to Laijin when he talks about Caveman.

*Truth is hard learned lesson. Consistency is the most important thing in getting good. If you can beat a few foxes and falcos who are too dumb to get out of ****ty combos. Great, you can beat half of the nation's players. But seriously, if you get four stocked by "crazy" characters like ganon or peach or marth or falcon, then you are not good. Sorry

*Here are the most important facts of getting good

-Learn to move your character around the stage and your opponent

-LEARN TO DI - its not just about what percentage you die at, its about everything, its whether that tipper from marth catches you after a double fair, whether you die from a knee off the stage at like 50 percent or whether it misses you entirely and you come back to the stage to win the match. Matches are only 4 stock, that means you have 3 chances to **** up.

-TECH CHASE - tech chasing is not just from throws. Learn to follow your opponent and force them into your more laggy kill moves, tech chasing or jump chasing is how i catch 99 percent of Falcon Punches or any other laggy move.

-Worry about getting your opponent off the stage rather than combo videoesque combos. Only losers that worship DBR care about those combos, and you don't want their respect (i hope ><) A marth backthrowing a fox to a neutral jab to a down b to forward smash is a lot more effective then silly attempts at fast fall cancelling up airs to up tilts to "ken combos" and ****. Learn to be deadly, not flashy.
-GAWes
Probably the truest words in this thread. *Is glad Alpha is teaching him Smash* ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom