• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I quit Smash Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xio

Smash Cadet
ROFL, thats ur new sn? wow.. add me on smashboards as friend :) We need more footage of me playing :)

Turnip Combo FTW! Your ganna be at one of the tourneys dis weekend rite?

Renth

Smash Hero
If you keep the mindset that people are better than you, you will always think you can never win. Everyone inside believes they are the best and will strive to prove it to anyone regardless of obvious skill level differences. I can't say everyone really but a lot of people keep the mindset that they are the best and want to show it to the world. If you constantly think Chaddd, GA_Wes, ect. cannot be beaten by you then you will subconciously lose every match before the game even begins.

Another thing i've noticed with a lot of people is once they start to have an advantage in a match say - are leading by 2 stocks they subconciously let their guard down and think there is no way they can bring it back. I played Reik over the weekend we had a lot of good matches and i got a lot more sick combo video material. Either way point is there's a match where he's leading 4 stock to my 1 on Battlefield. Slowly i brought it back and won i strongly believe once someone feels they have a good advantage they can't see themselves losing and let stupid things slip by.

I probably live in the most garbage smash state in the world so i know how you feel chaddd we have Cactuar, UmbreonMow, The Cape, Myself, Swiftbass, maybe 3 - 5 others who are fairly decent. All of them john to the point it gets completely ridiculous granted everyone in the state are cool people it just seems the majority of them refuse to get better at the game they just live in mediocracy.

Some people get better at this game for different reasons, each person learns and adapts in many ways. My first ever smash tournament i was a cocky n00b who thought wave dashing was a complete waste of time and would never be useful. That tournament (my senior project lol) The Cape, UmbreonMow, Magus, Joker, Kaotical, Ect. showed up. I $10 MM'd Mow it was my first money match of my life and i learned so much just from that one match it was incredible.

Since that day i came to realize i much like many others learn and get better at this game after being trounced repeatedly. You need a set of peers to play ones you can hang out with and are generally on your same level to improve with. Playing with your friends small crews ect. is fine to stay sharp and keep your game tight but i strongly believe you NEED diversity to get good at this game. If you play the same people all the time you'll do good against those people but once a new style is introduced you won't have any idea what to do anymore. At every oppurtunity guys seriously play as many people as you can even noobs because even in simple matches you know you can't possibly lose you can learn a thing or two.

If someone 4 stocks you keep playing them until you figure out a few things.

A. what your doing wrong
B. how to fix your mistakes
C. and most importantly the revenge the next time you see them.

I enjoy recording matches with everyone i've ever played it give sme time to sit down and watch what they are doing vs. what i'm doing wrong in a match up. You can see what you fell for repeatedly, how bad your DI was, and over all figure out what you can do better in those situations. The smash community is full of really nice people you got some d!ck bags but that's to be expected ask for advice more than likely they'll help you out with your game.

I don't know where the thread is anymore but Cactuar came up with a learning theory i 100% agreed with. Basically the 3 elements of getting good at smash bros. melee.

1. The Noob
2. The Peer
3. The Pro

1. It's nice to play Noobs on occasion to teachs you how to abuse simple mistakes which can help you down the line in serious matches.

2. The Peer is always there testing you pushing you to your limits as you both strive to get better.

3. The Pro the man that constantly ***** your face and helps you along the way constantly critqueing and helping you improve your style.

[/End Ramble

--- This is a slightly edited older post of mine i still find valid in this situation.

I Love you Chaddd be sure to visit.

Rocky Balboa

Smash Rookie
... Will, you're words have touched me deep inside my a$$hole. Who gives a d*ck if brawl is coming out in a few months, melee is still the sh*t right now! F*CK THIS SHIIIIIT!!! YOU'RE ALL GETTING MY *ICK ON YOUR SHOULDAS NEXT TIME WE PLAY, ALL OF YOU!!! DO SOMETHIN THEN B*TCH BOYS!!! *USSY A$$ ******!!! C'MON THEN *AGS!!! LET'S FIGHT!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I went ahead and read this thread to see if there was anything good in it, and I'm sorely disappointed. Like Carter said, don't apologize to Chad. That's stupid. Dogy did something dumb like that at LTEC2: He was showing off some of Forward's tricks on Battlefield, Forward saw him and said, "Hey, that's my trick." Dogy apologized. Don't apologize to anyone you haven't wronged. It's pointless.
. . . did ya miss the part where i had the huge *** grin on my face when i said that. :-D

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
[Sleepy]
lol Will i'm banned, so i'm using Darc's account.
My screen name is and has been for quite some time, Red is Sleepy.
[/Sleepy]

Ares726

Smash Ace
. . . did ya miss the part where i had the huge *** grin on my face when i said that. :-D
Yay Dogy appeared!!! I do, the story just went better with my point if I made it seem like you were serious. Anybody that has ever met you knows you don't apologize for stupid crap like that (or anything really). You too ig'nant foo'. You need to come to Reflex's thing for real. If you don't you'd be missing "a perfectly good chance to throw your life away". XD Boondocks is funny.

PB&J

Smash Hero
will ...,u have gotten better,stop telling yourself u didn't u just don't try in tourny's..u should be four stock people the way u play..u just get a little greedy sometimes....and my name is pb&j nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt pb+j..anyway i will be in florida with xif this weekend so bring my sweet tea to the school today

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Hey Evan, I need to lend XIF my camera so he can get florida shoutouts for wes.

Tell him if you see/talk to him.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I've been reading this thread for about 30 mins and I must say I loved the way you guys united and stood up for yourselves. You guys already had my respect, props and love. But now you guys have my up most respect. You guys are really good at smash and don't let no one tell you any different. Even if the negativity is from you own state. Never let no tell you your less than what your are. AND IT TAKES RESPECT TO GET RESPECT. IF YOU SHOW NO RESPECT YOU GET DISRESPECTED. Nothings wrong with being blunt sometimes, but YOU MUST THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK because if you don't the person or persons your talking to might, put you to sleep or something might go missin thats part of you. I hate ignorance
and stupity. It bothers me to the point that I want to shoot a m*tha f*cka.

GA you guys are doing a good job in smash, and if you feel you need to improve, improve. If you don't want to, fine you shouldn't get critized or judged. Its not like your not going get any p*ssy if your not good in smash or money, drivers license, a car, gradute, go on dates, get married later in life or something like that. Smash isn't you life and if it is fine, but don't try to make it anyone elses or force them to something they don't want to do.

Nothin but repect and love for ya GA and keep it up the d*am m*tha f*cking good work and all of that is real talk.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
its so funny how chaddd says hes never gonna post again n he always does, mad hate son, mad hate, come to Florida more often so u can play better people if you want!

I thought you were cool when i met u at ltec, but when i see these kind of threads it just confuses me...

chaddd

Smash Lord
its so funny how chaddd says hes never gonna post again n he always does, mad hate son, mad hate, come to Florida more often so u can play better people if you want!

I thought you were cool when i met u at ltec, but when i see these kind of threads it just confuses me...
f*ck you.

lol.

you don't know me, just because my state sucks at smash some people think saying so gives reason to defend them?

Let me explain something to you and EVERYONE. Truth is truth. Hard truths are much harder for *******es to accept than for smart people to accept. A simple truth is 'the sky is blue'. A hard truth is 'after all this practicing you still suck *** at this game you claim to not care about'.

But for some ****ing reason some people believe that I can't tell someone that they're not good enough without being mean, and I can't tell someone who I think I can beat in this game without sounding cocky.

So f*ck you. And report me. Get me banned. Get me in trouble. If you think I honestly give two sh*ts about these kiddy forums with these small minded viewpoints on everything I have to say, then go ahead and do it.

PS You'll also notice this is the only thread I've posted in since I said I wouldn't.

PS Were you the guy I 4 stocked 3 times in a row at LTEC? You're not very good at smash brothers either. Now I know that SOUNDS like a personal insult that's mean and uncalled for, but if you'd just bear with me for a minute, you'd realize that the only reason it sounds like this is because you DO care that I just said that, and you DO care about this game. The fact is, to hear someone critiquing your ability in this game as negative in any way means you take this sh*t way too seriously, bud. It's still a game. I'm not insulting your mothers or something. Get a life.

EDIT: For the record, Florida's not all that much better than Georgia. You've got SpeedN now that Shiz is gone. Tipman's retired. We have XIF now. I'm sorry, but your state isn't better because your top players are, your majority still isn't all that great, just like every other state, despite what rumors you guys may be spreading and/or believing about yourselves.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
lol i thought u said u werent goin to post again

You got some problems dude, u feel the need to insult other people to boost yourself up, i didnt mind losing against you at ltec either, sometimes I win and sometimes I dont, and if you didnt care about these forums you wouldnt be saying "ohhh im not gonna post again this and that..." which is funny cuz you always end up posting once again when someone tells you the blunt truth of the way you go around these forums, so yeah i just think its f*ucked up how u think u have to privilege of bashing on others just because you consider yourself the almighty god and savior of smash in your state, which is hillarious, sad and pathetic.

You are an arrogant person, and you feel the need to insult others for uncalled reasons, in my opinion you have some problems of inferiority, which would def explain your behavior, look for a psychologist dude it might help you out a lot.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Ragnarok: Some of the truest words ever written ;)

OTRU: Quoted FOR TRUUUth

Chaddd: How can you honestly say that GA and FL are even close in skill ?

I love GA, but as YOU said "Truth is truth"

FL has some beasts in its midst. Heck I can't think of one weak region in FL.

They got Noob Testament, CFL, SEFL, SWFL, and NFL.

Give you an example: The Law (a falco player from CFL) beat Chu Dat in pools @ Pound 2.
He's not even on the top ten of FL and he ***** that much.
FL has many people like this who have enormous amounts of talent, but are not on the PR. Linguini, Otru, SheikSSBM (who beat you at LTEC) Col Bol, The Law, Dark Falchion, RAM, and many others just to name a few. (This is going off the old PR, I apologize to FL if it is a little outdated ;))

Thats not even factoring in their top ten. :Shudders at the list
In short XIF is really good, but FL losing him really doesn't impact their beastliness in the slightest. FL has worked really hard over the years getting better and getting rid of the "FL sux" mindset. I don't think it fair to say that FL is almost equal to GA. FL >>>>GA atm.
Love ya GA, but TRUTH IS TRUTH

Note: I hope that last part about SpeedN wasn't to insult his skill. I really hope not b/c I would LOVE to see you try to take his Sheik/Fox with that Ganon of yours. LAWL

Also stick to what you say you are going to do. If you say you are not going to post again then STFU!!!!!!.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
we should do a state crew battle @ NOOB 1, bring it GA.
oh we take XIF too. GL, GA.

lol I kid I kid...
chaddd i own you.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Lol chaddd, we are a kingdom of scrubs, there's no denying it.
But let's make the other states forget.
Come on GA
go go go go

Linguini

Smash Master
f*ck you.

lol.

you don't know me, just because my state sucks at smash some people think saying so gives reason to defend them?

Let me explain something to you and EVERYONE. Truth is truth. Hard truths are much harder for *******es to accept than for smart people to accept. A simple truth is 'the sky is blue'. A hard truth is 'after all this practicing you still suck *** at this game you claim to not care about'.

But for some ****ing reason some people believe that I can't tell someone that they're not good enough without being mean, and I can't tell someone who I think I can beat in this game without sounding cocky.

So f*ck you. And report me. Get me banned. Get me in trouble. If you think I honestly give two sh*ts about these kiddy forums with these small minded viewpoints on everything I have to say, then go ahead and do it.

PS You'll also notice this is the only thread I've posted in since I said I wouldn't.

PS Were you the guy I 4 stocked 3 times in a row at LTEC? You're not very good at smash brothers either. Now I know that SOUNDS like a personal insult that's mean and uncalled for, but if you'd just bear with me for a minute, you'd realize that the only reason it sounds like this is because you DO care that I just said that, and you DO care about this game. The fact is, to hear someone critiquing your ability in this game as negative in any way means you take this sh*t way too seriously, bud. It's still a game. I'm not insulting your mothers or something. Get a life.

EDIT: For the record, Florida's not all that much better than Georgia. You've got SpeedN now that Shiz is gone. Tipman's retired. We have XIF now. I'm sorry, but your state isn't better because your top players are, your majority still isn't all that great, just like every other state, despite what rumors you guys may be spreading and/or believing about yourselves.
I wasnt going to post anything but otru's a madd nice and cool guy, theres no reason you have to flame people just because they state what they think about your actions. Hmm, you seem to like hating people for bashing your posts whereas you bash them back. Let's see... hypocrisy? Probably.
Now I guess you can find something wrong with my post and bash it. amiright?

Maverick's C0CK

Smash Journeyman
f*ck you.

lol.

lol xif isnt even that good until he proves that he is at least. and stop thinking your good when your not. you suck. youuuuu suuuuck your garbagei owned you. you cant even beat rice(really f*cking good) and he's 10 in the PR.you never beaten someone good get over you suck.

Guy under me is gay and sucks at smash.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
At least neither of your states are as bad as mine.

On another note (was gonna say serious but SC is serious suck) I have to say Florida's lineup is impressive. However I would not say that Georgia is without it's potential or anything. I wouldn't outright say either is better...

I would like to ask for no more strife, and I'm sure I sound weak saying things like THIS but... can't we all just get along? sure. but will we? leave it to you.

on record, I <3 all the south...

ragnarock

Smash Lord
f*ck you.

lol.

You see chaddd I don't know and I don't want to get to know you and you know what, first impressions are a m*tha f*cka and your not making a good for me, which i know you don't care and I don't give a sh*t about that.

But I would like to correct you on a couple a things if you don't mind, and if you do mind well...I don't give a sh*t about that either.

1. How the f*ck your going to sit there and DIS YOUR OWN STATE AND THE PEOPLE IN IT WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE WHERE YOU SMASH OR LIVE... PICK. That sh*t don't make any sense at all, that has no logic or reason to it, and I wasn't defending anybody body, I just said how I felt about the situation.

2. What the h*ll the THE TRUTH IS TRUTH AND THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T ACCEPT IT AREN'T SMART. WHAT THE F*CK, THAT BULL M*THA F*CKING SH*T RIGHT THERE SOUNDS STUPID AND YOUR STUPID FOR SAYING THAT OR YOU JUST THAT IGNORANT. Its all in your approach about the thing chaddd. You could of said it like this. "Look GA lately we(you noticed I used WE, GA as a whole. Its not just you, then everybody else) haven't been doing very well and I know for fact that we can do alot better we have the skill, we just have to start using it. We need to practice a little harder. And I'll do anything I can to make this happen the best way I can come over my house or I can come to yours so we can practice and I can give you tips if I able. If not ab;e to play PM me and I give all the tips I can. We have to do it together, no one can do this alone." Now that was a better approach, if you did that you would have gotten a better reaction. I know that for a fact.

3. F*ck me, NO M*THA F*CKA, F*CK YOU. Let me tell you this b*tch because you just disrepected me and I don't play that f*ck boy sh*t so don't come at me will some bull sh*t come at me with some real sh*t.

4. Your not worth reporting trick, your not worth banning b*tch and I'll be d*mned if anyone actually want to take the time out of there day to get you in trouble. Don't make me and everyone else on this thread laugh until there heart stops. YOU JUST WISH YOU WERE WORTH ALL OF THAT TIME AND TROUBLE, DO EVERYBODT A FAVOR AND GET OVER YOURSELF. AND IF YOU DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THE POSTS WHY ARE YOU RESPONDING BACK B*TCH.

5. For the record f*get. If you think florida is not all that good. SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY, Go down there during one of there tourneys, don't go to no sh*ty tourney, I meen go to one where you know where the top 20 in FL are going to be. Beat all of them 2 out of 3 or if you really got the backbone, which I know you don't. Crew batte against them all, you against them, and you can't beat rice so if you get to him you might as well put the contoller down.

P F*CKING S YOU SOFT MARSHMELLOW A** F*CK. Your the one who doesn't have a life if your going on at your state and peers about a VIDEO GAME SH*T FACE. And another thing you claim that this post was the only after you said you wasn't going to post anymore, LOOK AGAIN *** AND YOU SEE THAT YOUR WRONG. SO CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELF PARTNA, AND GET YOU F*CKING FACTS STRAIGHT. AND YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO WAIT THAT BIG A** MOUTH OF YOURS BECAUSE YOU GOT THE WRONG M*THA F*CKA IN YOUR SH*T NOW.

C......

Smash Apprentice
Ragnarok: Some of the truest words ever written ;)

OTRU: Quoted FOR TRUUUth

Chaddd: How can you honestly say that GA and FL are even close in skill ?

I love GA, but as YOU said "Truth is truth"

FL has some beasts in its midst. Heck I can't think of one weak region in FL.

They got Noob Testament, CFL, SEFL, SWFL, and NFL.

Give you an example: The Law (a falco player from CFL) beat Chu Dat in pools @ Pound 2.
He's not even on the top ten of FL and he ***** that much.
FL has many people like this who have enormous amounts of talent, but are not on the PR. Linguini, Otru, SheikSSBM (who beat you at LTEC) Col Bol, The Law, Dark Falchion, RAM, and many others just to name a few. (This is going off the old PR, I apologize to FL if it is a little outdated ;))

Thats not even factoring in their top ten. :Shudders at the list
In short XIF is really good, but FL losing him really doesn't impact their beastliness in the slightest. FL has worked really hard over the years getting better and getting rid of the "FL sux" mindset. I don't think it fair to say that FL is almost equal to GA. FL >>>>GA atm.
Love ya GA, but TRUTH IS TRUTH

Note: I hope that last part about SpeedN wasn't to insult his skill. I really hope not b/c I would LOVE to see you try to take his Sheik/Fox with that Ganon of yours. LAWL

Also stick to what you say you are going to do. If you say you are not going to post again then STFU!!!!!!.
maan... f*ck Florida, i give a flying f*ck if chaddd has been offending anyone, I was born in NY but GA all day b****es.

GA smashers gotta start standin up 4 themselves, there is seriously alotta skill in GA, but nobody says sh**!**!**t! (as Wes would say)

p.s.: p.r. determine tourny skill not game skill.

I say GA vs Fl happens b4 brawl

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
5. For the record ***et. If you think florida is not all that good. SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY, Go down there during one of there tourneys, don't go to know sh*ty tourney, I meen go to one where you know where the top 20 in FL are going to be. Beat all of them 2 out of 3 or if you really got the backbone, which I know you don't. Crew batte against them all, you against them, and you can't beat rice so if you get to him you might as well put the contoller down.
As much as i want to avoid this thread, and as much as i dont like starting arguements, i have a one word retort that will ramp this arguement to another level.

LTEC2.

(OH YEAH HE DID, HE BROUGHT THAT BACK UP)

/me goes to stand in a corner.

--FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT--

chaddd

Smash Lord
You see chaddd I don't know and I don't want to get to know you and you know what, first impressions are a m*tha f*cka and your not making a good for me, which i know you don't care and I don't give a sh*t about that.

But I would like to correct you on a couple a things if you don't mind, and if you do mind well...I don't give a sh*t about that either.

1. How the f*ck your going to sit there and DIS YOUR OWN STATE AND THE PEOPLE IN IT WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE WHERE YOU SMASH OR LIVE... PICK. That sh*t don't make any sense at all, that has no logic or reason to it, and I wasn't defending anybody body, I just said how I felt about the situation.

2. What the h*ll the THE TRUTH IS TRUTH AND THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T ACCEPT IT AREN'T SMART. WHAT THE F*CK, THAT BULL M*THA F*CKING SH*T RIGHT THERE SOUNDS STUPID AND YOUR STUPID FOR SAYING THAT OR YOU JUST THAT IGNORANT. Its all in your approach about the thing chaddd. You could of said it like this. "Look GA lately we(you noticed I used WE, GA as a whole. Its not just you, then everybody else) haven't been doing very well and I know for fact that we can do alot better we have the skill, we just have to start using it. We need to practice a little harder. And I'll do anything I can to make this happen the best way I can come over my house or I can come to yours so we can practice and I can give you tips if I able. If not ab;e to play PM me and I give all the tips I can. We have to do it together, no one can do this alone." Now that was a better approach, if you did that you would have gotten a better reaction. I know that for a fact.

3. F*ck me, NO M*THA F*CKA, F*CK YOU. Let me tell you this b*tch because you just disrepected me and I don't play that f*ck boy sh*t so don't come at me will some bull sh*t come at me with some real sh*t.

4. Your not worth reporting trick, your not worth banning b*tch and I'll be d*mned if anyone actually want to take the time out of there day to get you in trouble. Don't make me and everyone else on this thread laugh until there heart stops. YOU JUST WISH YOU WERE WORTH ALL OF THAT TIME AND TROUBLE, DO EVERYBODT A FAVOR AND GET OVER YOURSELF. AND IF YOU DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THE POSTS WHY ARE YOU RESPONDING BACK B*TCH.

5. For the record f*get. If you think florida is not all that good. SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY, Go down there during one of there tourneys, don't go to no sh*ty tourney, I meen go to one where you know where the top 20 in FL are going to be. Beat all of them 2 out of 3 or if you really got the backbone, which I know you don't. Crew batte against them all, you against them, and you can't beat rice so if you get to him you might as well put the contoller down.

P F*CKING S YOU SOFT MARSHMELLOW A** F*CK. Your the one who doesn't have a life if your going on at your state and peers about a VIDEO GAME SH*T FACE. And another thing you claim that this post was the only after you said you wasn't going to post anymore, LOOK AGAIN *** AND YOU SEE THAT YOUR WRONG. SO CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELF PARTNA, AND GET YOU F*CKING FACTS STRAIGHT. AND YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO WAIT THAT BIG A** MOUTH OF YOURS BECAUSE YOU GOT THE WRONG M*THA F*CKA IN YOUR SH*T NOW.
You know what? I read two lines of that before almost throwing up from that terrible attempt at sounding hard on some game forums. Learn how to f*cking spell, and learn how to not suck at smash. 'f*get'

F*cking scrub. Get on dem game forums and talk dat sh*t son!

EDIT: Yo for the record, you got some issues, son. No one was talking to you about anything. I don't get where you come off attacking me like I dissed you personally or some sh*t. Sounds like you need to get YO facts straight.

Rocky Balboa

Smash Rookie
LOL!!! Oh my, my, my. This thread has been a real gas. Well Chad, at least you don't need to worry about them saying any of this **** to your face. They never do.

Renegade Marth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom