• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I quit Smash Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Wes should change his name to 'Our_Savior_Wes'

Seems like a good idea, I've never seen a 'frowned upon' post by him. /rock

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Man, I'd really work hard to compete and get far in tournaments,
participate in Smash fests, including Mike's, and go places and
chill and play people, but I almost feel as though because
of that one incident where I lost it just once, my name is tarnished
to the point where I can't.
I'm almost inspired by somebody who has angered me in the past.
I really just want to play some **** smash Bros.
I don't even want conflict, I regret this whole **** incident.
I want to play good people.

PB&J

Smash Hero
hey guys i heard smash bros was a pretty good game anybody want to play...this thread should of show u guys something..lets stop posting and play smash and have fun

nana is the best

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Man I love Georgia.

Chaddd, FullMetal, I hope it's still cool to come down and practice with you guys someday soon. Yes?

*stamps approval on thread* glad to see Wes still actively dishing out eloquent *** whoopings via the internet. What?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Where did you want to smash at? Cos I don't have much resembling wheelz.
hey guys i heard smash bros was a pretty good game anybody want to play...this thread should of show u guys something..lets stop posting and play smash and have fun

nana is the best
i dont care i'll call since im dying to play a good jig since everyone i play hate using her. they only use her in friendlies:( PB&J yay i totaly agree lets all just have a good time. but be raw at the same time :)

just1111

Smash Journeyman
well i've basically always been a bystander in the whole smash community but i guess ill say my little part.

The GA smash community has grown from that faithful day in 10th grade when i met wes... and the rest is basically history. We built this community from the ground up and i can faithfully say i've watched almost every single new smasher in the GA community come from a complete scrub to a decent player. That being said, some players can only go so far because there is an element of natural skill involved in smash. Take me for example, basically i played smash alot back in the day and got good and cruised on after about 2 years of serious play. After that i went to tourneys and just entered and typically won, unless mike g was there, back in the days of mike g actually entering tournies. After 2 years i never really took the game serious anymore because i had reached basically my own personal peak imo... and i think that's what is happening with most of the new GA players, b/c no matter how little i play i can still hang with everyone in the ga community. Just let the scrubs stay scrubs, they arent going to improve drastically in the next 4 months anyway before brawl comes out and when brawl comes out you're all going to be **** on by my solid snake.... so **** melee it's dead... hooray beer.... i mean brawl.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
well i've basically always been a bystander in the whole smash community but i guess ill say my little part.

The GA smash community has grown from that faithful day in 10th grade when i met wes... and the rest is basically history. We built this community from the ground up and i can faithfully say i've watched almost every single new smasher in the GA community come from a complete scrub to a decent player. That being said, some players can only go so far because there is an element of natural skill involved in smash. Take me for example, basically i played smash alot back in the day and got good and cruised on after about 2 years of serious play. After that i went to tourneys and just entered and typically won, unless mike g was there, back in the days of mike g actually entering tournies. After 2 years i never really took the game serious anymore because i had reached basically my own personal peak imo... and i think that's what is happening with most of the new GA players, b/c no matter how little i play i can still hang with everyone in the ga community. Just let the scrubs stay scrubs, they arent going to improve drastically in the next 4 months anyway before brawl comes out and when brawl comes out you're all going to be **** on by my solid snake.... so **** melee it's dead... hooray beer.... i mean brawl.
scrubs are scrubs lol let em stay!!!i cant wait for brawl cuz then we all get to whoop online lol.
melee will neva die!!!!

Rayku

Smash Lord
scrubs are scrubs lol let em stay!!!i cant wait for brawl cuz then we all get to whoop online lol.
melee will neva die!!!!
I think Melee might die when Brawl gets here. Unless Brawl sucks...then we'll just be stuck playing Melee for the next 6 years

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I think Melee might die when Brawl gets here. Unless Brawl sucks...then we'll just be stuck playing Melee for the next 6 years
lol well it depends because brawl wont have everyone like young link and i like to use him guees well wait and see. hopefuly brawl will be as big as halo 3

Rayku

Smash Lord
Halo 3 wasn't even that big IMO. I heard virtually NO ONE from my school talk about it without me bringing it up first. Halo 2 was much much bigger.

I'm just glad Brawl will have the IC, I didn't want to see them go. I'm still waiting for Lucario though

eastheaven

Smash Ace
nicaboy if you can make it to any marta stations or just to Georgia Tech we can play video games

chaddd

Smash Lord
lol dont get me started cuz all i did was named the ppl i played in friendlies. still bragging about friendlies? I also went even with chu when i played ohhh what now mothat*cker and i ***** your dumb *** at ltec. I f*cking 3 stocked you.like i said come back when you acaully beatt someone good in TOURNEY cuz thats when it matters cuz you still havent proved to me that your even good.
Okay, so at LTEC, I two stocked you and then didn't give a sh*t after that because no one was talking trash about friendlies, but apparently that's justified for you. I liked just trying to power shield your lasers. I guess I got "pwned'?

Oh, right, then later in brackets I 2 stocked Forward's Falco and made him go Sheik. You know Forward's Falco, right? The one that destroyed your garbage. DOOD U SO GOOD.

EDIT: What can I say, these extra posts make me laugh.

Maverick's C0CK

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so at LTEC, I two stocked you and then didn't give a sh*t after that because no one was talking trash about friendlies, but apparently that's justified for you. I liked just trying to power shield your lasers. I guess I got "pwned'?

Oh, right, then later in brackets I 2 stocked Forward's Falco and made him go Sheik. You know Forward's Falco, right? The one that destroyed your garbage. DOOD U SO GOOD.

EDIT: What can I say, these extra posts make me laugh.
lol you only beat me once right after I 3 stocked you then you turned around and asked me "what's your smashboard name" lol owned. Unlike you I beat forward, tink and send them to the loser's bracket at FCD. But YOU LOST!! Im going to stoop to your level now and brag about friendlies.I ***** you I ate you alive I 3 stocked you twice without even trying god your not that good get over it. you didn't beat forward you moron and he ***** you the 1st match so stop bragging about how close you got to someone when you didn't even beat him. you almost got 4 stocked in the 3rd match by him too.what don't you get that you lost dude you didn't win you failed at beating forward you looost.Once again you still havent told me who you beaten that's actaully good cuz your still garbage to me.

Rocky Balboa

Smash Rookie
LOL!!! OMG!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This thread is very entertaining. Although, I can't say I haven't money johned myself, I'd love to go to evo world or SoCal tournaments, or even go to my home town of NYC to smash but was just not happenin anytime soon. Anyway Chad, I find your approach to motivate GA smashers hilarious. Unfortunately, it's to little to late I'm afraid, brawl's release is in less than 3 months and the power rankings have seen their last update for melee, unless I'm mistaken. At least brawl is online and no one can complain about not having humans to train against. Now if you'll excuse me, Apollo Creed has agreed to gimme a rematch and I gotta go train. Wish me luck:)

Chaddd = King of GA

PS. Do you ever wonder how many doctors are actually just perverts who are looking for a way to legally touch your privates?

EDIT: I'm Renegade Marth don't flame me please

GA Peach

Smash Lord
ok, i'm gonna start training again. i'm tired of hearing how bored Chad is at tourneys now, so my resolve is now stone to practice again, though i guess it'll be mostly by myself. if anyone wants to train with me, please let me know. Roy/Peach out!!

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
Man, I'd really work hard to compete and get far in tournaments,
participate in Smash fests, including Mike's, and go places and
chill and play people, but I almost feel as though because
of that one incident where I lost it just once, my name is tarnished
to the point where I can't.
I'm almost inspired by somebody who has angered me in the past.
I really just want to play some **** smash Bros.
I don't even want conflict, I regret this whole **** incident.
I want to play good people.
Forget about it. People here have been getting heated here alot lately, but dont let some crap discourage you from getting better and putting on tournaments. There is no such thing as having too many tournaments. Like Wes said, its great to see so much going on all of the sudden. So what if the first one may not do so well? I went to a tourney back in Miami that was in a single garage sized room, with one TV for around 40 people. There was live (and pretty bad if you ask me) music being played full blast. Not to mention the winnings were a fixed dollar amount, meaning the winner got a very poor payout. It was pretty bad...but you learn from putting on crappy tournaments like that. You figure out what works and what doesnt, but just because people are *****ing all over the place doesnt mean you just say '**** it' and give up. I know if those guys put on another one when I was in Miami, I would definitely consider it. It may have sucked, but Miami needs more people willing to put up with the bull**** required to run a tournament, just like GA does.

At the least, you can still come over to Tech and play :p. Tong, Elliot, and I are always looking for more folks to come over and play with us here at Tech. (This is also aimed at you Nica/Guilded/etc) Just call or pm or whatever you need to and get in touch with one of us, and we will set something up.

Edit: I second Tong's comment :p

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
CHAD YOU THINK YOU GOT SOME BALLS COMMIN UP IN MY **** TALKIN **** ABOUT ****IN ****.

YOU SUCK AT THIS GAME. YOUR A PEICE OF TRASH. YOU MAKE JOHNS MORE THAN ANYONE IN THE WORLD. YOUR NOT THE BEST GANNON. M2K WOULD **** OYU IN A GANNON DITTO. YOU THINK YOUR SO COOL BECAUSE WES MOVED TO ENGLAND AND YOUR NUMBER 1 NOW. YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO SAY TO THAT ?!?

F U C K Y O U

YOU SUCK. I DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT GA SMASH I DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT YOUR PALE 28 DAYS LATER LOOKIN *** EITHER. WHY DONT YOU JUST MOVE OUT OF GA IF YOU THINK IT SUCKS SO BAD? MAYBE TO CALIFORNIA? OHHH, NEVER MIND, YOUR SKIN WILL MELT OFF YOU GIANT PIECE OF WHITE. YOUR GAY AS HELL.

PS- lets smoke some time. next tourney you go to lets both try to bring some thangs and get blazed afterwards.
later dude love you.
pss- i think i left my head phones at your place.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
nicaboy if you can make it to any marta stations or just to Georgia Tech we can play video games
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7WcJ-eB7QvI

skip to 00:30

aye yo! I wanna smash!! Maybe my mom will let me to ga tech.
Plus I know you tong.
Forget about it. People here have been getting heated here alot lately, but dont let some crap discourage you from getting better and putting on tournaments. There is no such thing as having too many tournaments. Like Wes said, its great to see so much going on all of the sudden. So what if the first one may not do so well? I went to a tourney back in Miami that was in a single garage sized room, with one TV for around 40 people. There was live (and pretty bad if you ask me) music being played full blast. Not to mention the winnings were a fixed dollar amount, meaning the winner got a very poor payout. It was pretty bad...but you learn from putting on crappy tournaments like that. You figure out what works and what doesnt, but just because people are *****ing all over the place doesnt mean you just say '**** it' and give up. I know if those guys put on another one when I was in Miami, I would definitely consider it. It may have sucked, but Miami needs more people willing to put up with the bull**** required to run a tournament, just like GA does.

At the least, you can still come over to Tech and play :p. Tong, Elliot, and I are always looking for more folks to come over and play with us here at Tech. (This is also aimed at you Nica/Guilded/etc) Just call or pm or whatever you need to and get in touch with one of us, and we will set something up.

Edit: I second Tong's comment :p
hehe i'll call eastheaven we can smash and play street fighter and hopefuly naruto

gp i'm still waiting on the ness challenge hope you can make it

metroid pm me your # and we can talk:)

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
CHAD YOU THINK YOU GOT SOME BALLS COMMIN UP IN MY **** TALKIN **** ABOUT ****IN ****.

YOU SUCK AT THIS GAME. YOUR A PEICE OF TRASH. YOU MAKE JOHNS MORE THAN ANYONE IN THE WORLD. YOUR NOT THE BEST GANNON. M2K WOULD **** OYU IN A GANNON DITTO. YOU THINK YOUR SO COOL BECAUSE WES MOVED TO ENGLAND AND YOUR NUMBER 1 NOW. YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO SAY TO THAT ?!?

F U C K Y O U

YOU SUCK. I DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT GA SMASH I DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT YOUR PALE 28 DAYS LATER LOOKIN *** EITHER. WHY DONT YOU JUST MOVE OUT OF GA IF YOU THINK IT SUCKS SO BAD? MAYBE TO CALIFORNIA? OHHH, NEVER MIND, YOUR SKIN WILL MELT OFF YOU GIANT PIECE OF WHITE. YOUR GAY AS HELL.

PS- lets smoke some time. next tourney you go to lets both try to bring some thangs and get blazed afterwards.
later dude love you.
pss- i think i left my head phones at your place.
I love you, Daniel.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
hehe i'll call eastheaven we can smash and play street fighter and hopefuly naruto

gp i'm still waiting on the ness challenge hope you can make it

metroid pm me your # and we can talk:)
okay,
im tired as hell getting denied access to good smashers, ( or just smash in general )
by my mom, so I'm seriously thinking of sneaking or finding another way.

Wow im desperate:embarrass

nicaboy

Smash Champion
okay,
im tired as hell getting denied access to good smashers, ( or just smash in general )
by my mom, so I'm seriously thinking of sneaking or finding another way.

Wow im desperate:embarrass
i want you too make it but not if your gonna get in trouble. dude you crack me up and sucks that your good and you cant play anyone on your level except your bro i been dying to play you and seeing as we still need a forth member to make a freakin crew i was hopen it be you. but man what a bummer :(

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
yah, ( sorry for being off topic, does anyone else have anything to say about the "Kingdom of Scrubs???" )

I Don't think i'd be able to join either dude cuz we haven't even smashed yet.

Hopefully if you guys are still willing to smash this weekend, then I can try my best to make it.

Battousai X

Smash Apprentice
I have something to say about the Kingdom of Scrubs. . .
. . .
. . .
Actually, I don't.

Me and nica are trying to go to GTech on Friday.

GP, are you free?

xio

Smash Cadet
FullMetal (a.k.a Mike), I would like to thank you for all you have done for GPC smash community. I still remember the first time I played at GPC and I asked you about "wave dashing". I was so new back then it's not even funny. But, it's thanks to you and GPC as a whole that we made a name for ourself. Playing smash with you guys at GPC for one semester was a blast and I really miss it. There is no smashers at UGA T.T !!! Plus, I am so busy with school these days ><. But, I always try to smash with you guys when I can so don't forget about me yet.

The thing I realized playing smash and basically any competitive game in general (SSBM, SC:BW, CS, etc..) is that sometimes, although I know that I am not as good as I think I am, I try to make myself look better than I am. I think the main fear that comes to me is the fear to see someone better than me and "losing". But I have learned from many experienced players (especially mike, who was my first smash sensei ^^) that losing is how you get better. Not only that. Practice makes better. I remember when I asked Mike G for private lessons to get ready for the first crew battle with Columbus (CDE). I went over his house, and all we did is played. I asked him for tips, and he began telling me his smash story and how he bacame who he is (remember Mike G? ^^). I asked Mike G over and over and he told me repeatedly to practice my techs. Practice alone until it is second nature to you. But, although I knew what to do, I rarely did it because I did not have the motivation to sit down and actually practice my techs. But through all the tourneys I have been to, I noticed that I have not gotten anywhere in smash skills although my GPC peers say that I have gotten better (either because I have or just to comfort me ><).

Another thing that has been getting to me is how Martin (a.k.a Hidden) and Josh (a.k.a Soft) have gotten to good at random. I was kinda irritated because I was aware that I can be as good, if not even better than them but could not figure a way to notice my mistakes (until the video from SkeepyK's BDay between me and B-Down). I knew that Soft practiced his techs and many different things on different characters a lot, which i believe helped him get better. But Martin, I never understood how he got so much better by just going Texas when our skill levels were about the same before he left.

Overall, what I want to say is that to get better at anything in life, determination and persistence is needed to achieve your goal. I believe that if you truely wished to get better at smash, you would set a goal, like many people in GA did (i.e. Chad, mike, PB+J, Soft, and many others), and work relentlessly to achieve it. Realizing your faults is how you get better. The crazy thing is that everything Mike G told me during that training makes sense to me now (it's also because of the vid SleepyK posted of me vs b-down; I saw my style of playing, it was not what I wanted it to be, and also realized what I did wrong.)

At the end of the day, you can't blame anyone else but yourself for not being where you want to be in life or in Super Smash Brothers Melee on the GameCube! :)

This is just my Smash story since the spring of 2007 until now. Good Night and see you at the next tournament. I hope I will give everyone I play a challenge by practicing as much as I can with the time I have :)

P.S- I just want to thank everyone I met through SSBM and especially FullMetal for showing me the Smash Community. <3 and Peace ~ Will A.K.A xio

P.S.#2 - PB+J: I will bring you sweet tea from Publix at the next tournament. :) Don't Cry n' be mad at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom