• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I made a bet with my cousin that in one year, I could get 999 KOs in cruel brawl

PD4FR

Smash Ace
"I made a bet with my cousin that in one year, I could get 999 KOs in cruel brawl"
That's the loophole. Say you could do it, but you didn't want to/didn't have much spare time.

Denzi

Smash Master
Your highest is not 212. Zamus' B-Up is a terrible strategy. Just stop.

On topic, I believe that you said that the bet was that in a year, you could have 999 KO's? Then allow me to present a step-by-step itinerary for winning this bet:

1. Mess around for a year. Personally, I prefer the air to mess around while eating lots of cake. Delicious, delicious cake.

2. Explain to your cousin the Many Worlds Theory, where literally ****ing EVERYTHING is happening in some version of this world, somewhere. Meaning in some world, your left arm just turned into a snake while reading this sentence. Meaning in a bunch of these worlds, you got 999 kills in Cruel Brawl.

Meaning you can get 999 kills in Cruel Brawl, it's just luck of the draw which world you're in. Your world, you didn't get 999 kills, but the bet isn't whether or not you did, it's whether or not you could. Savvy?

and if that doesn't work...

3. Explain to your cousin the Quantum Entanglement Theory, where the existence of an object is entirely dependent on a counterpart, which is spatially separate, yet the same object. Since they are the same object, just in two different places on a quantum level, whatever happens to one, happens to the other. (Simplified)

We can continue up our fun little logic tree to deduce that, since your copy of Brawl and the copy of Brawl in the Many Worlds that has 999 kills are actually the same object in two different spatial areas, whatever happens in one, happens to the other. So although you have not actively achieved 999 kills in Cruel Brawl, there are 999 kills ON Cruel Brawl, he just isn't experiencing a high enough level of concsiousness to perceive it. Same idea with you: you and your Many Worlds counterpart are the same object. So you've actually gotten 999 kills already on Cruel Brawl, using Ridley, playing with your feet. But your puny little human mind won't let you experience the realm of eternal possibility.

Then, while his head is spinning trying to understand all the science flying around, poke him in the eyes, kick him in the shins, grab his money and run like hell.
This. Is. AMAZING!!

Midnaftw

Smash Cadet
I don't know... I'm near a giant marshmallow if th
I doubt anyone has ever managed to get anywhere near 999 in ENDLESS brawl, nvm cruel brawl.
You're screwed unless you follow my advice:

1: Buy a Power save or other Hacking device (for under $50 Obviously)
2: Hack Jigglypuff's cruel brawl record to 999 (Don't hack anything else or your cousin will know for sure)
3: Phone your cousin, say "Ha! I did it!" In a loud, obnoxious tone.
4: Show him the Character Select screen for Cruel Brawl. "Jigglypuff: 999 KOs"
5: You recieve $50!
6: re-sell your Power save (Maybe after hacking a few games) or keep it.
7: you are almighty king of the universe, now go outside.

DISCLAIMER: All characters either dead or alive in this post blahblahblah..... We or other related parties do not suffer any responsibilty for: Being wounded by Cousin, Not being able to hack 999 kills, Constipation, Bee stings or any other problems when following this post.

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
If you don't remind your cousin or say anything about cruel brawl, he should probobly forget since no one really remembers this kind of stuff for a year... but only if your lucky, otherwise start making money.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
That's very improbable of getting 999 KOs in one go with one character. I'm not going to say give up your money, but good luck for a good strategy for it.

Shred_kid

Smash Cadet
Has anyone mentioned Sonic's understage stall? I doubt it would work, but hey, you've got a year to experiment, so I'll throw all the dumb ideas at you that I can. Also try MK's Dimensional Cape Edgestall. You never know.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
dude i've done like 30 with fox shine off the ledge they come after u when u stall out there and they just die
u can shine em too for faster results

Golden Link

Smash Rookie
I think the only thing you can do is hack if you want it all in one match. But then again does this couson of yours know about hacks?

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
There's a trick to it: Just use Jigglypuff and lure the enemies off stage. It'll be tedious, but it's how I got the Cruel Brawl Achievments, so I suppose that it can be extended to this ridiculous number.

Lucario Boricua

Smash Rookie
THAT IS SOME TOUGH BET. The world record for Cruel Brawl is 326 enemies defeated (using Pikachu, that was on Sep/28/2008) For the latest records, visit: http://www.allisbrawl.com/stadium/highscores.aspx?g=3&m=7&s=1. I would recommend you characters that are very hard to knock out, that have great mobility while airborne, that have a good counter move, and/or that have significantly strong standard attacks.
My strategy is to lure the alloys in order to get them airborne, hoping that some of them fall to their doom. Then, recover from the edge using standard attacks (only when sereval alloys await for you). An finally, AVOID ENEMY GRABS AND SMASH ATTACKS AT ALL COSTS!

My best record yet is 13 using Lucario, but I haven't gone beyond that yet due to recovery errors or lack of caution when atop the main platform.

Hope this helps.

Denzi

Smash Master
THAT IS SOME TOUGH BET. The world record for Cruel Brawl is 326 enemies defeated (using Pikachu, that was on Sep/28/2008) For the latest records, visit: http://www.allisbrawl.com/stadium/highscores.aspx?g=3&m=7&s=1. I would recommend you characters that are very hard to knock out, that have great mobility while airborne, that have a good counter move, and/or that have significantly strong standard attacks.
My strategy is to lure the alloys in order to get them airborne, hoping that some of them fall to their doom. Then, recover from the edge using standard attacks (only when sereval alloys await for you). An finally, AVOID ENEMY GRABS AND SMASH ATTACKS AT ALL COSTS!

My best record yet is 13 using Lucario, but I haven't gone beyond that yet due to recovery errors or lack of caution when atop the main platform.
Hope this helps.
If you haven't gotten past 13 with this method, how will it help him get 999?

Karas

Smash Cadet
well It is possible to do, within a year, if you say goodbye to your life, and only play cruel brawl for that year straight, look at youtube for tips.

smasher?o.0

Smash Journeyman
ok your a dumb***
no offense
the only way is either jiggs jump-under-the-stage trick
or pikachus hang on ledge, let go, down b, warp up
or one i thought of is MK on ledge let go shuttleloop
or use CF jump left high and F punch

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
On topic, I believe that you said that the bet was that in a year, you could have 999 KO's? Then allow me to present a step-by-step itinerary for winning this bet:

1. Mess around for a year. Personally, I prefer the air to mess around while eating lots of cake. Delicious, delicious cake.

2. Explain to your cousin the Many Worlds Theory, where literally ****ing EVERYTHING is happening in some version of this world, somewhere. Meaning in some world, your left arm just turned into a snake while reading this sentence. Meaning in a bunch of these worlds, you got 999 kills in Cruel Brawl.

Meaning you can get 999 kills in Cruel Brawl, it's just luck of the draw which world you're in. Your world, you didn't get 999 kills, but the bet isn't whether or not you did, it's whether or not you could. Savvy?

and if that doesn't work...

3. Explain to your cousin the Quantum Entanglement Theory, where the existence of an object is entirely dependent on a counterpart, which is spatially separate, yet the same object. Since they are the same object, just in two different places on a quantum level, whatever happens to one, happens to the other. (Simplified)

We can continue up our fun little logic tree to deduce that, since your copy of Brawl and the copy of Brawl in the Many Worlds that has 999 kills are actually the same object in two different spatial areas, whatever happens in one, happens to the other. So although you have not actively achieved 999 kills in Cruel Brawl, there are 999 kills ON Cruel Brawl, he just isn't experiencing a high enough level of concsiousness to perceive it. Same idea with you: you and your Many Worlds counterpart are the same object. So you've actually gotten 999 kills already on Cruel Brawl, using Ridley, playing with your feet. But your puny little human mind won't let you experience the realm of eternal possibility.

Then, while his head is spinning trying to understand all the science flying around, poke him in the eyes, kick him in the shins, grab his money and run like hell.
I know this has been quoted a few times already, but the poster's name describes him/her perfectly..

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Everybody here should know that your advice isn't gonna help (unless it's posted by someone with the name pure_awesome or is telling you to hack). So here's my advice.

1. Don't ever talk to your cousin about brawl until the bet is long long long gone. NEVER EVER EVER
2. Get him addicted to some mmo or something, take his mind off of brawl
3. If the first 2 fail and he asks you when time is up, try to get a total of 999 and tell him you didn't understand (or forgot) the parameters of the bet
4. If you can't do that either, use hacks.

5. If you can't do any of that, buy little transparent stickers and stick them to your TV where the cruel brawl score is and write "999" on it and hope that he won't check.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQcUNqQ2pY

this one is not the highest score, but it's the most active killing of the alloys, as opposed to just tricking them into falling off.

Try tellnig your friend that you thought he said that if you lost you had to give him 50 f***s, not 50 bucks. Then tell him to bend over and you'll give him his 50 f***s.

He should probably leave you alone then.

IMHO

Top Bottom