• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I made a bet with my cousin that in one year, I could get 999 KOs in cruel brawl

Just A Gamer

Smash Cadet
combined between all the players, or with one player?

If it's one character, you're doomed.

Otherwise, probably the under-the-platform trick, Ike's up-b trick, etc.

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
Its one character, I might be screwed, but I have plenty of time. Can I just PK thunder torpedo the entire time, or will a boss neutralize me?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
In one match...?!

If so, I hope you didn't bet anything too valuable to you.
You could try the Pit or Jigglypuff one.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Its only $50, but its mostly just to prove him wrong when he said it was impossible.
Why would you bet $50 on something you didn't have a specific idea in mind for? I mean, it's not a huge amount of money, but for a bet like this, it seems like a lot. Honestly, you'd either have to find a really cheap trick (which is probably nonexistent in Cruel Brawl), have a ton of patience, or hack.

Now, if he had said that it was impossible and you simply bet him that it isn't, all you'd have to do is maybe try a little bit and surf YouTube every day looking for someone to somehow pull it off and show it to him.

In any case, from what I can tell, unless you're really good, you're out $50. Then again, I'm a pessimist, so...

Crow!

Smash Lord
Any character that can fly around under the stage and get back to the ledge safely can theoretically work. MK, Pit, Jiggly all are pretty common choices. Remember, your objective is not to fight your opponents! They need to kill themselves trying to spike you at times when you are actually 100% safe from them.

999, though? I have my doubts anyone can keep it up that long. Just getting 10 to kill themselves was hard enough.. Seriously, for all the times you'd get up to 50 or so and then die, you might as well mow a few people's lawns (or some other method of making some cash on the side - but it seems like betting isn't going to be your thing) and make up the $50 instead.

If you just want to prove him wrong about its possibility, do it out to a couple dozen"KOs" (if you can really call it that) without taking a single hit. Then note that the CPUs are not actually getting any more difficult; if it can be done from 10 to 20 CPUs, doing the same thing could theoretically get you from 20 to 30, then 30 to 40.. etc.

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I use Dedede for Cruel Brawls. I acknowledge that he's not the best to use, and I'm reconsidering my strategy, but he's got the highest score for Cruel Brawl. Pit is too light, so I wouldn't be tempted to use him. Snake seems promising, maybe I'll try him.

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
Kinda screwed yourself...But if you wanna try, pick jiggs or peach and float under the stage back and forth, back and forth...

SW-1988

Smash Cadet
If I'd be you, I'd try to cancel the bet >_>
noone, and I mean NOONE, will ever reach 999 KO's with one char in CB...

The best record even for endless is only 615 KO's (by me) so far, for cruel its 173 KO's (by giggs)

(both with Pika)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So if this best is anything like a contract, this has loopholes, you have to get 999 kills in cruel brawl right, however nobody said it had to be in one match? XD alright but seriously you don't have to be a pessimist to think that getting this down the right way is going to be one helluva challenge.

Organous

Smash Apprentice
I think it could be done, it's just a matter of someone actually taking the time out to do it. What about the Sonic stall technique?

~rh

Smash Lord
Lol you're losing whatever you bet on bro.

That sounds impossible.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Ur gonna lose lol unless *dun dun dun*

You use jiggs and have an all nighter with him

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I say you either at least try KO'ing about 10 with Jiggs or Ike every day, nonstop and within 3 months and 9 days you should have that amount, or... just work your butt cutting lawns which is what I used to do

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
You will waste less time if you just search for one dollar a week on the ground/ in people's cars/ in people's couches/ etc.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Trying to get 999 KOs in Cruel Brawl is like a mosquito attacking and elephant. Barbaric and close to impossible without a lot of luck and maybe cheating.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
It's quite simple really. 1) pick any character 2) beat 1 alloy 3) repeat this 998 more times 4) laugh at your cousin.
Seriously though, I wish someone would do this without going under the stage with Jigglypuff.

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
It's quite simple really. 1) pick any character 2) beat 1 alloy 3) repeat this 998 more times 4) laugh at your cousin.
Seriously though, I wish someone would do this without going under the stage with Jigglypuff.

My score without cheating is 21, regular fighting is not the way to go:dizzy:

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
Did you bet any money?
Maybe you can hack if you're going for 1 match.

If total, then it might have a tiny chance of happening

*Waits for video of total score of 999*

aequitas.veritas

Smash Apprentice
endless you could do 999. as for the topic at hand, well, it might be a CRUEL way to learn not to bite off more than you can chew.

youd have to be like a lottery winner to accomplish that feat. id rather save that kinda luck for the lottery.

canadamoose18

Smash Rookie
So if this best is anything like a contract, this has loopholes, you have to get 999 kills in cruel brawl right, however nobody said it had to be in one match? XD alright but seriously you don't have to be a pessimist to think that getting this down the right way is going to be one helluva challenge.
If you try once a day you pretty much need 3 kills a day. As long as it didn't have to be in one match you're gonna get $50 if you budget your time wisely.

brod1986

Smash Apprentice
Ohh dear if it's all in one round your doomed man doomed!.....just admit to your brother he is right. You can allways win your money back little by little by beating him at multiplayer games.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
If you try once a day you pretty much need 3 kills a day. As long as it didn't have to be in one match you're gonna get $50 if you budget your time wisely.
i agree with him. u can get atleast 3 kills a day right? or maybe act like u are terrible at it and raise the bet or something lol. threats work too. or blackmail. but definetly u can get at least 3 kills a day. i suggest u use lucas and jump off the stage and spam the pk thunder jump. that works for me

Top Bottom