• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I heard Ike was an MK counter...is it true??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Just wondering if what I heard was true. Ike being an MK counter, just doesnt sound right. Sure Ike can handle MK if the Ike player plays defensively but, MK is way faster and can punish Ike's lag and he can easily gimp Ike....and if Im not mistaking MK is Ike's worst match up next to Olimar. As an Ike main myself when I heard this I was thinking maybe that hidden potential in Ike has finally been realized and someone has found a way to beat the unstoppable MK. I guess they are saying Ike is a counter b/c Snake is and Ike has the highest kill power in the whole game....anyone that can truly master Ike can beat anyone IMO....but what also surprised me was they said Ganon was a counter too??
I dont know where these rumors are coming from....thats just what I heard lol

If this has been discussed or is false then Im sorry
and Mods can close this thread.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Who said Ganon is good vs MK? That is messed up.

Ike would have an advantage on MK because of his range. This combined with the fact that he is quite heavy and has great power might be what people say gives him the advantage.

However, MK is about three times faster than Ike in all attacks, excluding Ike's B-Air. He also, as you said, can easily punish Ike, so the Ike player has to not waste attacks. If Ike plays the fight well, he can win.

Snake might be called good against MK because of his raw fast power and projectiles.

All the info I can give at the moment.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I have done good against one metaknight and it was Holy Chef in a friendly, but he had an epic comeback and won. Other than that, not really.. it isn't his hardest match, but definetely not easy.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I represent the Ganondorf boards, the Ganondorf boards, the Ganondorf boards.

I represent the Ganondorf boards, and this is what I have to say.

MK is not the one we hold in fear, not at all, we can own him.

For once he is grabbed he will die, as long as Ganon doesn't fail.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Metaknight needs to play differently against Ike.That is probaly why some have a hard time with him.Although he can be gimped easily BY METANIGHT.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
[Sarcasm]Yes, and Mk is the slowest character out of the whole cast.[/sarcasm]

There is no possible way Ike would be the ideal MK counter for the reasons you already stated. IMO, facing off with a MK using Ike as a cp char is like a suicide mission. You're better off sticking to your main.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
characters are stupid when they come to MK, your always here all this crazy stuff of people being able to counter him. It's even worse with the low tiers for some reason, the other day my friend kept talking about how jigs can counter MK how the hell does that happen?

edit: I think 50% of the characters are considered to have a 50-50 against MK (which would be a counter) only by the corresponding character boards.

Smash Master
Jab is slower than MK's D-Smash. MK can dart in and out of the range, and Ike can't do anything about it. Gimping is brainless.

It's my Ike's worst matchup, personally.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Actually Ike's jab is as fast as MK's dsmash, but Ike's jab is hit physical body while MK's dsmash is a sword... you know where that leads too... (infinite priority...)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
This matchup depends entirely upon the competence level of the MK. Ike doesn't have a prayer. Discussing the MK matchup is one thing, but seeing as how this thread suggests Ike as an outright counter, is there really anything else to discuss? The answer to the topic is NO! >_>

andayt

Smash Cadet
ike has advantages over MK, same is to be said for the inverse of this but with the inverse holding more advantages.

Although when speed and/or lack of is overcome, ike>MK or MK>ike it just comes down to experience and the know how in a match-up such as this.

but. in conclusion it would be most likely MK gets the win :(

Kirk

Smash Champion
By no means is he a counter...but it's not nearly as bad a matchup as one would think.

It might just be me, though. MK is fun to play against.

Panix

Smash Ace
Ike vs MK

70:30 in MK's favor.

Iks off stage game is just to gimable.

Your probably thinking yoshi, since he's low tier and come close to second under snake vrsing MK.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
By no means is he a counter...but it's not nearly as bad a matchup as one would think.

It might just be me, though. MK is fun to play against.
It's just you, Mr. best Ike mainer in smash boards.

I honestly think that this match-up is a 6.5-3.5 or 7.0-3.0 in MKs favor.

lil cj

Smash Lord
In all the vids ive seen on youtube
Ive never seen an Ike beat a MK
A while back I saw Azen's Ike vs M2K's MK
Azen lost badly

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
This matchup depends entirely upon the competence level of the MK. Ike doesn't have a prayer. Discussing the MK matchup is one thing, but seeing as how this thread suggests Ike as an outright counter, is there really anything else to discuss? The answer to the topic is NO! >_>
Well lil CJ did say /thread after the first post. doesn't that count as a request for lock or w/e.

In all the vids ive seen on youtube
Ive never seen an Ike beat a MK
A while back I saw Azen's Ike vs M2K's MK
Azen lost badly
Azen looses to M2K with any character, people give his Ike to much credit, seeing as he uses almost every character randomly.

How could you have never seen an Ike beat an MK? do you just go to youtube and type in Ike brawl and start looking at videos of random scrubs?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172830 scroll down to the match up section.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Azen looses to M2K with any character, people give his Ike to much credit, seeing as he uses almost every character randomly
Even Azen's Lucario loses to M2K's MK??

How could you have never seen an Ike beat an MK? do you just go to youtube and type in Ike brawl and start looking at videos of random scrubs?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172830 scroll down to the match up section.
lol...I go to youtube all the time lookin up random matches of mostly my 3 mains: Lucas, Zelda, and Ike players vs any character to learn more about the match up and see how others pros and scrubs handle each one...lol:)....jus tryna learn...To me its better to watch a vid than reading a long guide(which is still very good too)...its fun and you can see the action:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom