• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate kids (brawl related)

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
How about this:
Have you ever made an UBER mistake on a time match that caused you to loose against a n00bish kid who knew you were good?

Happened to me. SUCKS when it happens.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Lol, I was playing Brawl at GameStop and I was going through Intense SSE. (I was doing pretty good for Wiimote and Nunchuck!) A kid like 9 years old comes up to me and says "Hey! Kid! You're pretty terrible." He's calling me a kid? At that point I had about 80% damage and I guess to him that was terrible. I said "Yeah? Wanna play now?" He said "Ok Im WAY better than you anyway." I just rolled my eyes. I played like 5 matches with him and won. He was Sonic, the coolest character to a kid his age. With even my worst character, Peach I won 2 matches. At the last match his dad comes over and says "Come on, Jason!" He was down to 1 life and I was at 4. He said "DAAAAD! IM JUST ABOUT TO WIN! 5 MORE MINUTES!" The dad just said "No. That's enough play time with this gothic teenager." I said to myself "Gothic?!" I was wearing a black shirt and jeans! Does that make me emo/goth?! The kid starts crying. But then as he walked out the door, he stuck him hand out immitating C. Falcon said "COME ON!" It was the best moment at Gamestop evar! Even the employees died laughing.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
At my friend SpeedySonicToonLucarioTrainer's house, his little borther loses all the time in brawl, and his excuse is always some of the crap already mentioned. If he ever suicides, or loses from a cool trick, he immediately shuts the wii off, forcing everyone to restart. Today, he went as har as throwing the wii remote on the floor, and then picking it up and running away with it outside. SpeedySonicToonLucarioTrainer and I wrestled him to the ground and eventually stole it from him, amidst kicking and screaming. people on the block were looking at us weird after that, like we were mobsters. One time, he even bit me. He's 8.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
When I played Brawl for the first time ever last week at an convention in London, there was a kid there that failed so much you could die laughing. He called peach a zelda clone, and had a mardy as he kept getting pwned by me. He claimed he was a top smasher. I literally rofl'd after his constant falling off the stage by an 'accidental' falcon kick twice. Oh and he thinks mewtwo was one of the best characters in melee. PHAIL. And why are these young smashers so cocky?

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
my brother does this all the time, yet he can never even beat a lvl 9 cpu when im around, due to the fact "he wasnt trying" Then i remind him about the upcoming tournement, and he says "I dont need to practice", although he gets his *** handed to him by me on a daily basis!

BTW, he loses pretty bad at tourneys too.Oh and hes my OLDER brother (by one year but STILL)

at least my little brother never does this. But every time he gets a kill, he will be pretty obnoxious. Still love him though:chuckle:

Grandeza

Smash Master
At my friend SpeedySonicToonLucarioTrainer's house, his little borther loses all the time in brawl, and his excuse is always some of the crap already mentioned. If he ever suicides, or loses from a cool trick, he immediately shuts the wii off, forcing everyone to restart. Today, he went as har as throwing the wii remote on the floor, and then picking it up and running away with it outside. SpeedySonicToonLucarioTrainer and I wrestled him to the ground and eventually stole it from him, amidst kicking and screaming. people on the block were looking at us weird after that, like we were mobsters. One time, he even bit me. He's 8.
So that's what happened when I was busy fighting the computers and you guys went outside. When i vs. SSTLT's lil bro on wifi I destroy him. So much so that after 2 deaths w/o hitting me that he calls a no contest =(

TraverseTown

Smash Cadet
There's this kid who is friends with my sister, and he got the game for his birthday in March and we played it last weekend. He claimed he was so good, so I played it with him over his house. This kid is like 12 now.

I get there and he has unlocked only Ness and Falcon, and I watch him (nunchuck) struggling during a battle when he self-destructs:

Me: Why'd you do that?
Him: What?
Me: You didn't even try to get back on.
Him: I only have 2 jumps!
Me: There's a third jump.
Him: What! No there isn't.
[Tries to prove it to me by jumping]
Him: See?
Me: Use your Up-Special.
Him: My what?

It turns out he figured out to jump, and then only presses random buttons.

And the icing on the cake: HE PLAYS IKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! Stereotype Prophecy anyone?

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
There's this kid who is friends with my sister, and he got the game for his birthday in March and we played it last weekend. He claimed he was so good, so I played it with him over his house. This kid is like 12 now.

I get there and he has unlocked only Ness and Falcon, and I watch him (nunchuck) struggling during a battle when he self-destructs:

Me: Why'd you do that?
Him: What?
Me: You didn't even try to get back on.
Him: I only have 2 jumps!
Me: There's a third jump.
Him: What! No there isn't.
[Tries to prove it to me by jumping]
Him: See?
Me: Use your Up-Special.
Him: My what?

It turns out he figured out to jump, and then only presses random buttons.

And the icing on the cake: HE PLAYS IKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! Stereotype Prophecy anyone?
hey hey, funny story and all but not all ike players dont know how to jump :D

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
SAme thing happened with Pokemon stadium. This little kid used the 3 legendary birds, dragonite, mewtwo, and charizard. I used starmie.

Starmie owned, and when he lost, he acted as if he never played me.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
SAme thing happened with Pokemon stadium. This little kid used the 3 legendary birds, dragonite, mewtwo, and charizard. I used starmie.

Starmie owned, and when he lost, he acted as if he never played me.
Shoulda used Hitmonlee. The kid wouldnt even know what hit him.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Wow, his movesets must have sucked.
Well, if it was his first time in Pokemon, it can be forgiven, but if he's a fan, he needs to know that EVERY Pokemon (Except for Sableye and Spritomb, which weren't even there at Pokemon Stadium) has a weakness.
Man, a Starmie....

Anyway, MOST kids act this way because they think they're in their prime, and no one can stop them.
And yet if they are stopped, they are smart enough to try and cover it up....
They have knowledge, but they lack wisdom.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
So that's what happened when I was busy fighting the computers and you guys went outside. When i vs. SSTLT's lil bro on wifi I destroy him. So much so that after 2 deaths w/o hitting me that he calls a no contest =(

Even on Wi-fi?! Dear lord! How much you wanna bet h starts throwing the remote on the floor? And I know how to jump very well.

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
They have knowledge, but they lack wisdom.
Very true.My little brother lacks knowledge.I think he good for his age but isn't as wise and doesn't tink things through as thoroghly (sp?) as he should and is gtting much better.He doesn't john when he loses.I do jokingly but that's different.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
By complaining, you almost sound like one yourself. Don't worry though. Not as bad as the 'kid'.

What's worse is people on your own team that suck. *glares at friend* He never wins. :urg:

rehab

Smash Journeyman
I would've let the kid win because I'm soft like that. I guess somebody is always going to be there to break their illusion.

Cam3ron

Smash Cadet
I hate it when kids get the final smash with sonic and kill you and think there better than you:mad:

ll Mafia ll

Smash Apprentice
You all do realize the best way to handle anything like this would be to say that you were only playing at around .001% of your skills.
Every time you just say, wow, I feel sorry for you; you just lost to some guy playing at .001%

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
Hehe, this story reminds me of what happened yesterday at some local tourney. Me and some friends walked into a local Play'N'Trade and their was a tourny going on. So we entered and all of a sudden this really annoying kid walks up to my group and is like "Hai Guys! I'ma kick allz ur azz's in here". Me and my friends went along with it and pretended to be really bad and we told the kid how much he would own us. So in the first match it ended up me vs annoying little kid, I wooped his *** and he ran out of the store making excuses.. :p

Browny

Smash Hater
had some lols last night on wifi.

some kid (i know it was a kid since i got his FC from a forum, see his age there) kept on picking snake, and abused the absolute hell out of mortar sliding. Its kind of hard to deal with that when your playing captain falcon >_>. the match took over minutes 7 becase of it. But what pushed me over the edge was his abusive taunts like 'owned c0ckf@g'

so next game i picked pikachu, as soon as it started i just waited for the dash, grabbed him immediately after, chain grabbed him to the edge into a n-air semi spike, waited at the ledge and grabbed him out of cypher. he tried to c4 himself, but you cant do that if you get grab released :p . As soon as he respawns, he stands on the platform for as long as possible, most probably crying he got 0-deathed in 10 seconds. soon as he drops down, mortar slides back right into the chain again.,a few seconds later;

'NO CONTEST'
disconnected

d.amn kids :p

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
There are many kids that are like this, they make up stupid excuses and everything. But in the end their just kids, this game is very important to them but in a different way than it is to us. We know it's only a game and if we lose it makes us train even harder.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'm a young member of the forums (at 13) and I am much more mature. But I have one friend, he's good, but just once, I nearly 3 stocked him, he pauses and it's no contest. I'm like, "WTF!! NO SORE LOSERS!" And then has the guts to say this...
"I just paused so I decided to quit."
I'm pretty sure thats being a sore loser. So I we went upstairs, and I asked if quitting right before you lose was being a noob. He says yes, it is. It was pretty annoying. I don't know. I felt as though it were to be necessary to share my story. Johning is for losers.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I just don't like whiny littel kids who say: "not fair, u cheated" and then start yapping when I keep on winning, but as soon as I go easy and let them win they say something like "ha, ha, u lost, u lost" which annoys the hell out of me just hearing it, but then again their just kids

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
There are good little kids too! I met a kid at gamestop who was playing Guitar Hero, and was doing "Hit me with your Best Shot" on easy (hehe, the IRONY). He failed a slow and rather amusing failure, but he seemed determined and didn't whine as you guys say little kids do. I then played some other song (I forgot) and finished it with ease. He complimented on how good I was (I'm pretty good, no kidding) and asked me for some tips. I just told him to strum and press the buttons at the same time, which he appearantly didn't know. :laugh:
Little kids can be ok. :)

Yet some just follow the stereotype perfectly. Once again I was at Gamestop playing Guitar Hero, when some chubby kid came over and took the guitar from me. He tried to finish the song which I had begun, missed every note and failed the song. After trying another song and failing yet again, he threw the Guitar in my general direction saying "This game SUCKS!" I slowly backed away and out of Gamestop in fear that I would be blamed.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I had a kid like this at a Brawl tournament close to where I live.

The kid was saying how Sonic was god and stuff like that. That really doesn't bother me at first, since I go easy on newer players if they were just wanting to learn or need help learning the game.

When the tournament started, the gloves were off and I 3 stocked him for the win. He started whining how unfair it was I won, how I'm older, etc.

I merely told him, "You shouldn't brag about your skill if you can't back it up."

Bjay

Smash Lord
Also those kids who think they're so good because they beat their little brother/sister are annoying >_>

Top Bottom