• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate kids (brawl related)

J18

Smash Journeyman
Wow, a 7 year old being immature?
Vids or it didn't happen.

Yeah but seriously, I don't think I know anyone who likes little kids. I pretty much hate kids the moment that they're able to speak. Pretty much.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
You know, you could've just said "I hate johners."

I'm a kid, and I don't really appreciate the prejudice and stereotyping. Although I'm not 7, I'm quite young compared to many members on these boards. I don't think I'm hot **** and I realize I'm not so good.

However, I know what you're talking about. Frickin' noobs who think they're great, and john when they're schooled.

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
I'm a kid, and I don't really appreciate the prejudice and stereotyping. Although I'm not 7, I'm quite young compared to many members on these boards. I don't think I'm hot **** and I realize I'm not so good.
You'd be surprised how many older people are immature and egotistical. I blame the parents.

plural

Smash Journeyman
lol its just a kid, thats just how they are ><

don't get angry at 7-9 year olds.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
you should have challenged him to a life or death match right there in best buy.

lol a cage drops around you two with wiimote accessories instead of chainsaws and **** and you both brawl a brawl with so much on the line, with best buy employees yelling "TWO MAN ENTER ONE MAN LEAVE" and an Asian casual shopper who yells "YOU MUST RECOVER." And after you win, tina turner sings a song about thunderdome.

at least the world would be +1 intelligence due to the absence of that one n00b
LOL:laugh: I eventually got used to it with some of my friends. One of them always says he can own me. Then when he loses he always says stuff like "Well, the only reason I lost is because you have this game and I don't. If I owned this game I would so own you."
Now he plays the game often at one of my friends house. Now whenever I see him he almost always starts the conversation with "I'll own you with Snake in Brawl. His up-tilt is pure ownage.":psycho:

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Who the hell gets angry about a child being childish?

You realize you were playing a NINE YEAR OLD right..

He's supposed to act like that.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Even so, kids need to learn the concept of the real world.
You talk crap to someone, you get hit.
Hasn't happened to me because I keep my mouth shut.

What I like to do is play against someone until they are tired and quit.
Conversation is as follows:

Them: I'm tired of playing....I quit.
Me: Quitting?
Them: Yeah...
Me: But you never even tried? Tired from not playing?
Them:............ (or) Okay, FINE! I'll give it my all!

Kick their butt.....

Me: Wow, you played the same as earlier.
Them: YOU CHEATED!
Me: Prove it.
Them:........... (or either that they scream >_<)

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Oh, that's happened to me too many times. In any game rather. O_o Though there are SOME kids that have better spirits about things.

My favorite ones though are the ones that do admit defeat but looked disappointed about it. That's when you play that 'big brother' role and encourage them. That always puts a smile on my face, and same for them. ^^

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Even so, kids need to learn the concept of the real world.
You talk crap to someone, you get hit.
Hasn't happened to me because I keep my mouth shut.

What I like to do is play against someone until they are tired and quit.
Conversation is as follows:

Them: I'm tired of playing....I quit.
Me: Quitting?
Them: Yeah...
Me: But you never even tried? Tired from not playing?
Them:............ (or) Okay, FINE! I'll give it my all!

Kick their butt.....

Me: Wow, you played the same as earlier.
Them: YOU CHEATED!
Me: Prove it.
Them:........... (or either that they scream >_<)
No person in their right mind is gonna punch a kid because he's being a kid.

Why are you brawling children anyway? Don't act all high and mighty after crushing an ant.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
No person in their right mind is gonna punch a kid because he's being a kid.

Why are you brawling children anyway? Don't act all high and mighty after crushing an ant.
He was not trying to act High and Mighty. He just saying the kid should not complain about losing.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Hm.
Kids are good to an extent, and I'm not trying to be mighty.
And again, maybe I come off rude, but still, the sooner they understand the fact that talking isn't going to get you past everything, the better they will become.
I tried that for two matches.
I quit and trained hard after I lost.
I came back better.

We need to stop underestimating children.
So what if they're young?
I have people I play smash with that are younger than me, and they aren't your typical know-nothing kid.
The sooner we teach them right, the better.
And.....again, not trying to sound older and wiser, but that's my perspective on the subject at hand.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
All i have to say is i'm glad that I'm not going to be your son.

Noone is underestimating the kid, but people ARE getting all worked up at the kid for being a kid.

Its like getting angry at your grandma for forgetting something.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
You know when you're fighting a kid like that online because they pick Pikachu and spam Thunder.

Some little ****face was doing that today. I wanted to beat the fricking heck out of the little *******, but everytime I got close, the other two people in the fight started attacking me and getting in the way.

RolandBeoulve

Smash Apprentice
Kids need to learn more about the real world but a 7 year old is still entitled to act like a 7 year old>.> Gorgon you seem pretty well mannered however old you are, I attribute that to canadiaism or just being from somewhere other then the U.S. Please no one go beating up little kids that talk trash it's kind of sad and will land you in jail over 18 or not assault and battery of that nature is taken pretty seriously.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
Nice story, reminds me of my brother's little friends. They think they're better at Brawl than I am. Chain grabbing is fun...it's almost impossible to miss them!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I went into Best Buy and noticed that they set up a Wii console with Brawl on one of the big screen TVs near the couch for customers to try out. When I got there, there was a 7-9 year old kid playing. I got a Wiimote and I sat down beside the little kid.

Apparently, the kid thought he was some hot **** and kept boasting about how awesome he is at the game. So then, we proceeded to set up a match. After the first game, I won. He said "Oh, I wasn't trying that time you know. I was letting you win." Okay, right. So then we played 4 more games. Owned him each game. After each game, the little f*cker would make up some ******** excuse like "Since you were a beginner, I went easy on you. Do you want me to go hard on you?" To which I would reply, "yeah, bring it." He would still lose. But that's not all, he would then say "I was going medium on you, don't worry, I'm really good." On the last game, the kid started making bull**** excuses about how the controller stopped working and random **** like that. The funniest part was when I was leading him with 2 lives, he would say "hey, my controller isn't working, I wasn't playing, y'know. You can go ahead and kill me now."

F*cking hell, if his dad wasn't nearby, I would've curb stomped the little ****er right there. So in the end, I left
You should have just said, "no johns," then proceeded not to explain your meaning. A little bit of alienation never hurt anyone.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Ugh some kid in my class was like that. I also do that controller switching thing if the person complains about it.

Also someone mentioned how little kids pick Olimar to win via spamming.... well if you can't beat a spammy Olimar then wow. Just test how far their smash attacks go, and work from there. If they spam smashes you can easily get around them if you stay observant.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Just because the kid was being a prick doesn't mean you should curb stomp him.

He's probably the best in his neighborhood and can't take a loss.

P.S. Isn't Bombsoldier only 14 or 15?
It actually makes me feel worse. Being the same age and all.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Choose Lucas.
Burn their Pikmin with PK Fire.

I battle a Pikachu that spammed worse than my friend.
He thundered for nearly every move.
Heck, all those times I could've reflected it.
I don't like Pikachu; he gets away with so much damage and gets so many KOs.
He got cheap here in Brawl.
They should've delayed his Neautral B at least a little bit, to where it took him two seconds to do another shockwave.
His thunder causes unreal damage, and I am sick of my friend choosing him and doing that.
I had to play as Pikachu just to show him how it's done.
I kicked his butt so hard, and without spam.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Choose Lucas.
Burn their Pikmin with PK Fire..
Are you stupid?

Any smart player would realize to not toss a pikmin at you while you are using PK Fire.... plus the Pikmin only suffer when not attached to Olimar, so only in smashes/pikmin toss

So have fun spamming pk fire while Oli uses an aerial attack, or grabs you.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I was at gamestop and they only had one wii remote+nunchuk and I was not used to it. Nonetheless I was Diddy against a lv 9 Lucas. There's this 7 yr old kid behind me. I was pretty even with the cpu( I suck lol). The kid behind me is like, this is easy, a cakewalk. I'm just like ok.... Kinda annoyed, kinda skeptical. He tries to take the controller from me and I still end up winning. I give the kid a turn and he tries to go on wi-fi. He waits in wi-fi with anyone for like1 minute and accidentally suicides. I tell him to exit wi-fi due to no one ever joining. He vs a computer and I'm like, dude, you said you could beat a level 9 cpu. He didn't even no how to raise their level so I did it for him. He got 3 stocked by the cpu snake so I'm just like, "interesting"..... He like pouts, says his controller screwed up, and goes to his mom and I just waltz out of gamestop.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
My brother makes excuses when I beat him too. Sad thing is, he's 18, and I'm 13, but he still whines like a little ***** when I beat him.

Example.

I key his ZSS from above and he dies.

Him: WTF!!! I PRESSED UP SMASH!!! It should have killed you! I pressed it!!!!
Me: Well, apparently you didn't do it in time, because you died.....
Him: SHUT UP!! I should have won!

Keep in mind, this is an 18 year old. :| I'm sick of his bull**** excuses...

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Choose Lucas.
Burn their Pikmin with PK Fire.

I battle a Pikachu that spammed worse than my friend.
He thundered for nearly every move.
Heck, all those times I could've reflected it.
I don't like Pikachu; he gets away with so much damage and gets so many KOs.
He got cheap here in Brawl.
They should've delayed his Neautral B at least a little bit, to where it took him two seconds to do another shockwave.
His thunder causes unreal damage, and I am sick of my friend choosing him and doing that.
I had to play as Pikachu just to show him how it's done.
I kicked his butt so hard, and without spam.
Zelda->Nayru's Love->No more thundershocks

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Dude he's just a kid its obvious that some act like that. Thats the problem with most competitive players they are too immature...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My brother makes excuses when I beat him too. Sad thing is, he's 18, and I'm 13, but he still whines like a little ***** when I beat him.

Example.

I key his ZSS from above and he dies.

Him: WTF!!! I PRESSED UP SMASH!!! It should have killed you! I pressed it!!!!
Me: Well, apparently you didn't do it in time, because you died.....
Him: SHUT UP!! I should have won!

Keep in mind, this is an 18 year old. :| I'm sick of his bull**** excuses...
Wow, this guy needs to be kick in the nuts if he's whining like that at that age...

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
Man kids always think they're the best at games, that's just how it is. Just be satisfied in knowing that he's Brawling a lie.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
lol i know someone who used to do that but THANK U SMASHBOARDS FOR INVENTING THE "JOHNS" lol

Top Bottom