• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They need to do Oracles DLC next... Nayru the Oracle of Ages and Din the Oracle of Seasons as playable characters... Harp of Ages as Sheik's extra weapon... Rod of Seasons as Zelda's extra weapon... Ricky, Moosh, and Dimitri as Link's extra weapons (like Epona)... Veran costume for Cia... Onox costume for Volga... Subrosian costume for Wizzro... Farore the Oracle of Secrets costume for Agitha... Temple of Seasons scenario and Lynna City scenario. I can dream. :p

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Stopping by here again to say that Tingle and Young Link / Fierce Deity is exciting! Skull Kid is ony relegated to a costume, but that's better than nothing. Young Link transforming to Fierce Deity is unique and awesome, and I've personally wanted a playable Tingle for quite some time now (yeah, I'm a fan). I fell off of Hyrule Warriors some time ago, so I'd have much to do even before the Majora's Mask pack releases, but it will give me some incentive to go back and play some more nonetheless.

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
no skull kid is the dumbest business decision i've seen them do for this game

oh, this is the most popular and requested character and they would sell the pack on their own?

no no no, please have one of the most hated zelda characters (this one kind of gets a bye because japanese favoritism) and an 8th link moveset instead

please understand, we hate money

sincerely, koei tecmo~

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well... Tingle is quite liked in Europe, and loved in Japan. Not sure if he the most hated.

I seriously think that the game target primarily the Japanese market.

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
I seriously think that the game target primarily the Japanese market.
of course, their a japanese company. but the worlds a big place. dont see why they cant have western fanservice as well (this is actually a pretty big problem with nintendo in general i feel)

all they had to do was put in skull kid and the west wouldnt give a damn about tingle, but nope, have your new link moveset you need to level up again wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
of course, their a japanese company. but the worlds a big place. dont see why they cant have western fanservice as well (this is actually a pretty big problem with nintendo in general i feel)

all they had to do was put in Ridley and the west wouldnt give a damn about Dr. Mario, but nope, have your new Pit moveset you need to play again wheeeeeeeeeeeeee
This takes me back to August 2014. :awesome:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

all they had to do was put in skull kid and the west wouldnt give a damn about tingle, but nope, have your new link moveset you need to level up again wheeeeeeeeeeeeee
Well, just giving Skull Kid (I wanted him too) doesn't mean it would do him justice. i don't even remember if I already said it here, so I'll maybe repeat myself.

I think that Skull Kid being not playable is due to several factors.

Japanese popularity: I don't know much about this, so I'm can't say it is a factor, but maybe.
Moveset: I know that a whole lot of moves are made up upon a basic idea (Ruto's Zora scale, Agitha's pair of insects, Sheik's songs, Twili Midna's summons, ect), but I do think that Skull Kid don't really have possibilities. Sure, the Mask is powerful, even alone. But in term of references? I think it would be too much of the stretch. Every curses on the 4 regions aren't made by Skull Kid, but by the fact he imprisonned the giants in the dungeons. The other thing he does offscreen are turning Kafei into a child and shattering the Great Fairies bodies.
In game, he basically transforms you into a Deku, shake his head, float and scream.
Sure, we have several NPC that doesn't do technically much in their games, but everyone moveset stem from a defined reference (except Impa, although she wield a biggoron sword a that's cool), while Skull Kid may just end up being a basic dark character (again a dark character. Although Young Link maybe be one too, considering the Fierce Deity mask). I do think it's possible to end up with a moveset for him, but hard to pull off.
The pack itself: Despite being called Majora's Mask pack, I feel like it have a slightly more general vibe. After all, Sheik and Impa get costumes, and they have nothing to do with MM.
Both new characters also are important in the Zelda universe. Young Link is the most recurring incarnation of the hero, while Tingle is simply a recurring, loved and hated character that have two spinoffs.
Their incarnations are the Majora's Mask one for both, but I see them more as general characters.

I really want to see the whole Young Link moveset, as it seems more interesting than small link that still does a spin attack.

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
moveset possibilities is a null point. agitha exists. agitha has never done anything but stand there and let you give her bugs. agitha has a moveset. therefore, anything can have a moveset. skull kid could totes summon the bosses of mm in his moveset. wouldnt that be cool great wow??????? :awesome:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
moveset possibilities is a null point. agitha exists. agitha has never done anything but stand there and let you give her bugs. agitha has a moveset. therefore, anything can have a moveset. skull kid could totes summon the bosses of mm in his moveset. wouldnt that be cool great wow??????? :awesome:
Well, I love every bosses from MM, but that sound a lot like Lana's Portal (oh wait, isn't she the one with the Skull kid Costume? :troll:).

There is possibilities. However, somehow, I don't see possibilities to have something original, gameplay wise. Visualy wise, it would be original without a doubt.
I don't say that it need to be an extra original feature, but I can simply imagine him being... A bit bland.

Again, I wanted Skull Kid too, but after a bit of thinking, the choice doesn't surprise me.

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
clearly lana is going to get a new weapon that summons the mm bosses :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"Moveset potential" is never an argument for anything. What did Ruto do before Warriors? C'mon guys, we're the Smash community first. We know "Moveset potential" is a bull**** argument against something with enough creativity.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
clearly lana is going to get a new weapon that summons the mm bosses :p
No, but she clearly has the Skull Kid costumes. And I think that this choice is because she have the Deku Spear. (you know, that thing that should belong to Saria).

"Moveset potential" is never an argument for anything. What did Ruto do before Warriors? C'mon guys, we're the Smash community first. We know "Moveset potential" is a bull**** argument against something with enough creativity.
Again, I feel that it's hard to pull references and an original gimmick (beside the moon, of course). Maybe I just miss one idea, but the more I think about it, the more I fear him being bland. And it's saying that considering we just got a Link with a Sword.

Edit: Also, this is probably a stupid reason, but it's maybe to avoid another "Dark" character. Although I feel like it will be Young Link element.

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
I have to agree with my bff @ Boozer Boozer here

for obvious reasons

Mainly that young link is a horrible addition

because it is
MM Young Link is technically the most powerful iteration of the protagonist according to game theory.

The story would have been completely different if it were up to me, Lana and Cia replaced by Saria and Nabooru respectively... just a thought.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The question is not about creating a moveset. Everyone can have a moveset.

This guy can have a moveset if we want.

Nah, my main concern is about making references in the said moveset. Even Ruto's have the Zora scale, OoT fishes, she swim like Zora Link (like a Zora, in fact). Even Agitha have a pair of insect. There's even details to Agitha's quest!

I know, it's not much, compared to all the things in Lana's spear for exemple.

I hardly see everything easily usable and/or unique compared to other characters, to be honest (so if you have ideas... I'd like to change my point of view you know!)

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
The new DLC looks pretty great to me. I don't care a huge amount for Majora's Mask so Tingles inclusion and Skull Kid's absence as a playable character doesn't really make me mad. Young Link with the masks looks super hype though. If he also transforms into his other forms that could end up making him one of my favorite characters.

What's really exciting though is the new Adventure map. Looking at it again it has the classic MM timer on the bottom, which if I had to guess, would mean the map is going to reset after playing a certain amount of levels. That has to potential to be super tense and exciting as well as super irritating. Really excited to see how that turns out.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The question is not about creating a moveset. Everyone can have a moveset.

This guy can have a moveset if we want.

Nah, my main concern is about making references in the said moveset. Even Ruto's have the Zora scale, OoT fishes, she swim like Zora Link (like a Zora, in fact). Even Agitha have a pair of insect. There's even details to Agitha's quest!

I know, it's not much, compared to all the things in Lana's spear for exemple.

I hardly see everything easily usable and/or unique compared to other characters, to be honest (so if you have ideas... I'd like to change my point of view you know!)
It seems easy to say that now, as a way of dismissing his lack of playability in favor of other characters, but there's plenty of stuff they could do. They could've incorporated elements from other Skull Kids, torches, blowdarts, puppets, etc.; they could've used plenty of Mask things, had Tatl and Tael somehow play a part, in fact, a moveset where he fights in tandem with Tatl and Tael for most of his normal attacks, with combos being powered by Majora-based magic could've been cool. (Obviously fairies, rather than just Tatl/Tael, maybe as his level 3).

And for Focus Spirit, supers, or even something else, he could've fallen limp and the mask takes over, allowing us to momentarily play as Majora's Incarnation, Wrath, what have you. I'd be more interested in that than playing as Tingle, who if he's a joke like I'd assume would be faithful to Tingle, because that's the kind of character he is, will probably be fun, but tedious to actually level up for an extended period of time. (That is to say, it's alot easier to slog through a grind with someone like Ganon or Ghirahim for me.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I prefer Young Link in this game than him in Smash with a 3rd Triforce Slash FS.
For serious; can finally have some semblance of the "Mask Link" concept that's so ****ing amazing.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Young Link is not a horrible addition at all! In fact, he's the thing I'm most excited about for this pack.
I'm so glad I can finally play as a Link that isn't the overacting, annoying Hyrule Warriors version. Not to mention his moveset will be great.
Although the lack of Skull Kid is really, really jarring. Maybe they'll put him in Smash or something. There is more than one, after all.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
i dont understand how anyone can be content with another link

he's already got everything

in a game directed as pure fanservice

i dont

get it

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It does baffle me a fanservice Dynasty Warriors game didn't give skullkid and Fierce Deity Only Link over Tingle and Young Link.

This is about as dumb as having doctor mario lucina rosalina and dark pit in smash 4.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It does baffle me a fanservice Dynasty Warriors game didn't give skullkid and Fierce Deity Only Link over Tingle and Young Link.

This is about as dumb as having doctor mario lucina rosalina and dark pit in smash 4.
I don't know. Rosalina in Smash 4 isn't "that" dumb, as her moveset is very unique.

Anyway, Tingle has his rupee bag and his balloons, which are things that the other warriors don't have. Odd perhaps, but we've seen how odd Agitha's inclusion is.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
I would have like to have seen Toon Link over Young Link so they could ham up some cartoony violence. Kinda like Tingle, but maybe not as extreme.

But I'm still fine with Young Link. He seems like he will be fun to play as, and in a game like Hyrule Warriors, that's whats important to me: how much fun do I have while using the character.

I'd personally rather have Young Link over Agitha. Really not a fan of how she plays.

Anyway, game update: I've got about 10-15 squares left to unlock in Adventure mode, with a few weapons and Skulltulas here and there as well. Heart Pieces and Containers, I'm sure there's a lot of them, but I'd rather get the Illustrations and Weapons first. I wish all the non-LInk and Zelda alternate costumes weren't locked away in Master Quest mode. That would make replaying the adventure mode maps over and over again because I took damage at the last second to drop me to B rank more bearable. :ohwell:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am honestly happy with Tingle and Young Link being playable in Hyrule Warriors.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I guess it's not that I hate either inclusion alone, but I would've much preferred either one of them paired with Skull Kid. I let myself take his inclusion for granted as a certainty, and it's a bit of a letdown. However, Young Link looks awesome, and I am gonna spam whatever map lets you beat the daylights outta Tingle. (Just watch. I'm gonna try Tingle out and love him and I'll hate myself for it.)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Amazing how the renders for the last two costumes look like they were imported straight out of OoT 3D.
Hatsune Miku getting another costume not surprised.

Hope the 8bit weapons are good this time around like with TP.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Amazing how the renders for the last two costumes look like they were imported straight out of OoT 3D.
Well, it's the case for all of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf's costumes: straight out of OoT3DS, TP and SS. But the Postman, Iria and Skull Kid are remade for Link, Zelda and Lana.

Hatsune Miku getting another costume not surprised.
Kinda make sense, considering the spear. Kinda.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It makes 0 sense.
The Great Fairy weapon having skullkid outfit would make more sense.
Kinda, because it's all deku and ****.

Let's not forget that Skull Kids are more kokiri (well, technically, just children. But it's said that Hylians becomes stalfos, so...) before being related to the Majora's Mask.

Sure, we are talking about THE Skull Kid with the mask, but still.

Top Bottom