• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

finalark

SNORLAX
Nintendo announced a new LoZ game today simply called Hyrule Warriors. Here's the teaser:

So how does everyone feel about Dynasty Warriors: Zelda?

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
... I literally screamed with joy upon seeing this on the Direct today.

I also like the fact that it's called Hyrule Warriors, which may mean that more characters; Zelda, Ganon, Young Link, Tingle, Midna, and such, might just be in it as well.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
... I literally screamed with joy upon seeing this on the Direct today.

I also like the fact that it's called Hyrule Warriors, which may mean that more characters; Zelda, Ganon, Young Link, Tingle, Midna, and such, might just be in it as well.
Hyrule Warriors might just have Warriors in it's name since it's also being made by the people who make the Dynasty warrior games, knowing this that still leaves a really good chance other characters like Zelda/Sheik, Midna, Groose, and other characters of the like may be playable seeing as it's also being made by the people who make Dynasty warriors lol

but I don't think Ganon/Ganondorf will be playable, instead I feel he'll most likely be a boss and as for young link I'm not going to cut him out just yet seeing as a flashback/origin level could happen but if not chances are minuscule for him to show up

as a side note I'm hoping they change the title to something like The Legend of Zelda: Warriors of Hyrule

Avantgrave

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0963-0522-3867
Not sure if it'll be any good, but I'd be willing to try this out. Being a Warriors game though, they'll need to add in some other characters alongside Link or else this would probably get old really quick.

On the plus side, unless they make all the bosses from the past Zelda games as bosses in this, people may still get their chance to play as Skull Kid.

DD2

Smash Cadet
I think it's interesting that they're taking a gamble in styling this game a different way rather than the traditional Zeldas (based off of what I've seen in terms of gameplay)
I wonder if it'll be made the same way as the other Zeldas (go to dungeon, find item, complete dungeon) or if they're going to focus more on using this new style of gameplay

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely going to give the game a try as it does look extremely interesting and I love Zelda. However, part of me is a little hesitant because I used to play the Gundam Dynasty Warriors games and while they're fun at first, I would lose interest pretty quickly. Every level just seemed to be the same thing. Guess I'm not big on hack/slash games.

That being said, I'm really glad to see this kind of risk being taken. It's definitely a interesting spin on the series.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Hyrule Warriors might just have Warriors in it's name since it's also being made by the people who make the Dynasty warrior games, knowing this that still leaves a really good chance other characters like Zelda/Sheik, Midna, Groose, and other characters of the like may be playable seeing as it's also being made by the people who make Dynasty warriors lol

but I don't think Ganon/Ganondorf will be playable, instead I feel he'll most likely be a boss and as for young link I'm not going to cut him out just yet seeing as a flashback/origin level could happen but if not chances are minuscule for him to show up

as a side note I'm hoping they change the title to something like The Legend of Zelda: Warriors of Hyrule
Hmm... you could be right. Hell, as long as I finally get to play as Zelda in a Zelda game that doesn't look absolutely terrible, I'll be happy. :)

I'm definitely going to give the game a try as it does look extremely interesting and I love Zelda. However, part of me is a little hesitant because I used to play the Gundam Dynasty Warriors games and while they're fun at first, I would lose interest pretty quickly. Every level just seemed to be the same thing. Guess I'm not big on hack/slash games.

That being said, I'm really glad to see this kind of risk being taken. It's definitely a interesting spin on the series.
I'm honestly hoping that it takes more after Sengoku Basara than Dynasty Warriors. Sengoku Basara, to me at the very least, just feels as if it possesses more lasting appeal than DW, and can keep ones attention better as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm... you could be right. Hell, as long as I finally get to play as Zelda in a Zelda game that doesn't look absolutely terrible, I'll be happy. :)

I'm honestly hoping that it takes more after Sengoku Basara than Dynasty Warriors. Sengoku Basara, to me at the very least, just feels as if it possesses more lasting appeal than DW, and can keep ones attention better as well.
There IS a Zelda game where you can play as Zelda

Edit: LOL, didn't see the "Absolutely Terrible" part

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
There IS a Zelda game where you can play as Zelda
I know. Note that I said, " As long as I finally get to play as Zelda in a Zelda game that doesn't look absolutely terrible, I'll be happy." By that, I was referencing the old CDI game where you play as her. :I

But yeah, mayhaps I could have phrased that a bit better. XD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendo's obviously catering to a Japanese audience with this one. The Dynasty Warriors franchise is goofy popular in Japan while Zelda has been slipping there since Ocarina of Time. In my opinion, they're doing this so that Nintendo actually has a Japanese audience once Zelda Wii U comes out.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92

Oh, I wouldn't say that Ganon won't be playable. The Warriors series usually has its big bads as unlockable characters; Lu Bu, Nobunaga Oda...it'd make a lot of sense to see a bunch of playable villains along with the Sages and such. Then again, it'd be strange if Hyrule Warriors followed the conventions of the Warriors series and had branching pathlines where each side/character wins...we'll probably have a smaller cast of characters (hopefully at least a dozen) with their own storylines.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I'm not too sure about this one, you guys. It looks fun, I'm just not convinced of its viability as an authentic LoZ experience. I guess it doesn't need to be, but... I dunno. It just looks like a Zelda mod for some other random game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I disagree...

I like how Nintendo is doing crossovers. Starting with that pokemon crossover.

Instead of mixing and matching characters from Nintendo and other universes, they are using other games mechanics within Nintendo universes.

Tactical pokemon, Warrior Zelda, etc.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I always wished they'd make a Devil may cry like Zelda game, with the flashy combos, enemies, epic bosses, and puzzles, in fact I remember saying how a dynasty warriors Zelda with exploration, smart ai, good boss designs, and interesting story would be a pretty cool game to play

I'm hoping it has, good controls, smart ai, epic boss battles, interesting story, puzzles and exploration or this game might be how it was with me and skyward sword in where I buy it the day it comes out, don't like it, wait a little bit to try it out again, only to play and beat it twice and never touch it again :(

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
I disagree...

Instead of mixing and matching characters from Nintendo and other universes, they are using other games mechanics within Nintendo universes.

Ha! My brother's dream of seeing a Zelda RPG may just have a chance at becoming a reality with this in mind. XD

I always wished they'd make a Devil may cry like Zelda game, with the flashy combos, enemies, epic bosses, and puzzles, in fact I remember saying how a dynasty warriors Zelda with exploration, smart ai, good boss designs, and interesting story would be a pretty cool game to play

I'm hoping it has, good controls, smart ai, epic boss battles, interesting story, puzzles and exploration or this game might be how it was with me and skyward sword in where I buy it the day it comes out, don't like it, wait a little bit to try it out again, only to play and beat it twice and never touch it again :(
A Devil May Cry-esque Zelda game? Hmm... I could get behind that, though, I actually think that LoZ would work better with game-play similar to Kingdom Hearts. XD

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
I'm actually glad they're trying different gameplay styles in Zelda for one reason; if we stick to the formula we have for Zelda so far, there are parts of the timeline we'll never get to play. It wouldn't make sense to play through any of the wars with that setup, the gameplay would have to change to reflect the change in setting.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I find it somewhat amusing that people expect this game to carry some sort of traditional Zelda vibe, when it pretty clearly seems to be as "faithful" to the franchise as Ganondorf in Smash Bros. It looks wacky, intense, and fun as opposed to being puzzle-heavy and character-driven. At least, judging from the one teaser we got.

I mean, Pokemon has been experimenting with different formulas a lot in the last years (spin-off Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, PokePark, Conquest titles)... so I'm pretty excited to see where they'll go with this one. I'll be leaving any sort of Zelda-esque expectations at the door; looks more like a Dynasty Warriors game with characters reskinned as Zelda heroes/villains. If they decide to throw in references from the series, or make characters truer to their franchise counterparts, that's just icing on the cake.

Just my thoughts... Will be keeping tabs on this one. Hearing we'll be able to play as (potentially) multiple villains as well as heroes sounds great enough :upsidedown:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just don't think they should have used the Skyward Sword Bokoblins

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well seeing as this is pretty much Dynasty Warriors with a Legend of Zelda skin. I'd like to see a bunch of playable characters. I'm talking being able to play as Zelda, Ganondorf, a Goron, and a Zora. It would be pretty interesting. But I can see a bunch of other characters getting the chance to be playable too, just not sure who exactly. The Dynasty Warriors games aren't exactly super deep though. Just good old arcade style beat em' up fun. Maybe they are trying to get some more Japanese audiences with this game. Zelda has been doing better in the west for the past few games if I'm not mistaken.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I just don't think they should have used the Skyward Sword Bokoblins
Yeah, I'm hoping these are just place holders (as the name is) to test gameplay an create hype. Never know.

I disagree...

You're right; I should open my mind a bit and be a little more positive about the possibilities that this could open up for the franchise. Also, I like what Jackal said about how certain parts of the timeline would never be viable with the current/conventional LoZ feel. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Well seeing as this is pretty much Dynasty Warriors with a Legend of Zelda skin. I'd like to see a bunch of playable characters. I'm talking being able to play as Zelda, Ganondorf, a Goron, and a Zora. It would be pretty interesting. But I can see a bunch of other characters getting the chance to be playable too, just not sure who exactly. The Dynasty Warriors games aren't exactly super deep though. Just good old arcade style beat em' up fun. Maybe they are trying to get some more Japanese audiences with this game. Zelda has been doing better in the west for the past few games if I'm not mistaken.
This game, as you said, does seem to be a DW game reskinned to have Legend of Zelda characters, but I honestly don't believe that they'd forsaken all of the core elements of Zelda just for the sake of getting more Japanese gamers into the series. Will this game be something completely new to the Zelda franchise? Most certain. Will it be so different that it could be considered only a Dynasty Warrior game? Only time will tell, honestly, but I have a gut feeling that we'll be seeing more Zelda elements in the game besides just the characters.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have wanted a game like this for years...

Those who remember the failed attempt in this very forum: Hyrule Civil War. Long live our history!

Multiple playable characters, bountiful battle fields spanning every corner of Hyrule, some kind of narrative—this can work! I wouldn't mind one bit if this becomes a "best of" collection of Zelda lore, bringing together characters from across the timeline as it steps out of the timeline.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A new rumor that originated from /v/ in regards to this game. Most of it seems believable, but falls flat at the story and characters part. What do you guys think?

* The game is being aimed at Western Musou fans, as Zelda is very popular in the West compared to Japan. It is planned to be released in the West first in Fall 2014, and the game's script and dialouge is being built around the localization as mentioned before.
* A Zelda first, the game will have full voice-acting, except for Link who, as tradition, will only grunt. The English dub is being prioritized and the script written around it, while the Japanese version, being released a bit later, will have a Japanese dub. It's unlikely the English version will have dual-audio since it's being released first, but could be released as DLC.
* The game will be "more difficult" that traditional Musou games to appeal to Western fans, while still accessible to classic Zelda fans who are unfamiliar with the Musou franchise. There's more focus on defending and evasion rather than using brute force, for example, and even some basic "puzzles" placed within the levels. But it will be just as fast-paced and fun though according to the developers.
* Link, Zelda (+ Shiek), Ganondorf (+ Ganon), and Impa are the only pre-existing Zelda characters slated to be playable, apparently because they are the "mainstay" characters of the franchise who appear in different forms throughout the mythos. Tingle is not planned to be included due to his lack of popularity in the West.
* Aonuma and the Zelda team are creating a plethora of new, original characters that will be playable, the titular "Hyrule Warriors", which they hope will become popular among fans. Although they are new creations, they incorporate pre-existing elements of the franchise (such as the idea of Seven Sages, and the various races) and will not feel alien to Zelda fans. The playable roster will be around 25 or so.
* The game utilizes a version of Dynasty Warriors' "Weapon System" for Link, where he has his Sword as his primary weapon, but can also switch to a secondary weapon that changes up his basic moveset, such as the Flame Rod.
* The other playable characters are locked to using their signature weapon (these weapons include some of the same ones Link can use as his secondary weapon), but have longer combo strings, their own Musou attacks, and unique abilities to help them stand out and make up for the lack of weapon diversity Link has.
* Zelda and Ganondorf are unique in that they can "transform" using their Musou Gauge into Shiek and Ganon respectively, changing up their movesets. Zelda normally uses the Bow and Arrow, but as Shiek is armed with throwing knives and much faster. Ganondorf normally fights with a Spear, but as Ganon is larger and uses the classic Trident.
* Impa, her design based on the Ocarina version, is Zelda's bodyguard and fights using a Japanese-styled sword. Another one of Zelda's bodyguards is a comical Captain of the Guard who uses the Ball-And-Chain.
* There are a Moblin and Stalfos Boss that serve Ganondorf which are playable, as well as a new Gerudo character who has a "love-hate" relationship with him.
* The Blue-haired girl seen in the reveal trailer is named "Ryuna", and fights using the "Book of Mudora" as her primary weapon to cast magical spells. She's one of Link's "childhood friends" and an ally character.
* Link's other "childhood friend" is a short, red-headed guy named Nid, who fights using the Hammer. Him and Ryuna due to their names are apparently related to the Goddesses.
* The Seven Sages are all playable, but they are new characters instead of the pre-existing Seven Sages. There is a Deku Scrub, Goron, and Zora among their ranks.
* There are three Nintendo Guest Characters planned, Takamaru, Pit, and Samus, who have new make-overs to fit within the Zelda Universe. Samus for example has a more "ancient" looking Power Suit, and Pit is a bit older looking. Takamaru will draw from his previous Samurai Warriors appearance.
* The game's plot is an original story overseen by the Zelda team that focuses on a war between Zelda and Ganon's forces to find the Triforce, with Link joining up on Zelda's side. Although it will not fit within the central timeline, it borrows heavily from established Zelda mythos, specifically the Link To the Past and Ocarina of Time, the most well-known among stories of Hyrule.
* The game's Story Mode focuses on Link's role in the Hyrule War, and you only play as him, but as you go through levels, you find new Weapons to utilize. You also can walk around Kakariko Town between battles and buy weapons and items. After beating the central Story Mode, you're able to play new, more difficult episodes that focus on the other playable characters where you play as them and see their side of the story. In Free Mode, you can replay any level as any character. Finally, there is also a Mode that is akin to "Ambition Mode" in DW8, where you must build up Hyrule Castle by battling through miniature stages.
* The Stages and Enemies will be drawn from throughout the Zelda Series. The trailer showed an early build, as the final version will have new models for the Bokoblin and Lizalfos as opposed to using their Skyward Sword models, and other returning enemies will also have a new look to fit the game.
* Characters can Level Up by defeating enemies, increasing their various stats, except for Health, which is increased by finding Heart Pieces in Story Mode by completing special missions and in Treasure Chests. Characters share Heart Pieces, and you can choose how many Heart Pieces you wish to use for each battle, with some rewards being given to those that play with less Hearts. There is also the traditional Difficulty Select, including the mainstay "Chaos" for skilled players.
* You can bring extra items like Bombs and Potions into battle to help you. During battle you also find temporary power-up items, and rupees used to buy new versions of weapons and your shield.
* The Magic Meter charges up during battle like the Musou Bar, when it's filled you can utilize a character-specific "Team Ability" that powers up your entire army for a duration.
* The game is planned to include 2P, couch and online, as well as various DLC being planned such as new stages and costumes. There's no plans for DLC characters however.[/spoiler]

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I am really looking forward to this game. Having played previous games in the Dynasty Warriors franchise will help me feel right at home. Plus, I am wondering how Ganondorf will play and how the extra characters added will feel whilst in combat.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
A new rumor that originated from /v/ in regards to this game. Most of it seems believable, but falls flat at the story and characters part. What do you guys think?

* The game is being aimed at Western Musou fans, as Zelda is very popular in the West compared to Japan. It is planned to be released in the West first in Fall 2014, and the game's script and dialouge is being built around the localization as mentioned before.
* A Zelda first, the game will have full voice-acting, except for Link who, as tradition, will only grunt. The English dub is being prioritized and the script written around it, while the Japanese version, being released a bit later, will have a Japanese dub. It's unlikely the English version will have dual-audio since it's being released first, but could be released as DLC.
* The game will be "more difficult" that traditional Musou games to appeal to Western fans, while still accessible to classic Zelda fans who are unfamiliar with the Musou franchise. There's more focus on defending and evasion rather than using brute force, for example, and even some basic "puzzles" placed within the levels. But it will be just as fast-paced and fun though according to the developers.
* Link, Zelda (+ Shiek), Ganondorf (+ Ganon), and Impa are the only pre-existing Zelda characters slated to be playable, apparently because they are the "mainstay" characters of the franchise who appear in different forms throughout the mythos. Tingle is not planned to be included due to his lack of popularity in the West.
* Aonuma and the Zelda team are creating a plethora of new, original characters that will be playable, the titular "Hyrule Warriors", which they hope will become popular among fans. Although they are new creations, they incorporate pre-existing elements of the franchise (such as the idea of Seven Sages, and the various races) and will not feel alien to Zelda fans. The playable roster will be around 25 or so.
* The game utilizes a version of Dynasty Warriors' "Weapon System" for Link, where he has his Sword as his primary weapon, but can also switch to a secondary weapon that changes up his basic moveset, such as the Flame Rod.
* The other playable characters are locked to using their signature weapon (these weapons include some of the same ones Link can use as his secondary weapon), but have longer combo strings, their own Musou attacks, and unique abilities to help them stand out and make up for the lack of weapon diversity Link has.
* Zelda and Ganondorf are unique in that they can "transform" using their Musou Gauge into Shiek and Ganon respectively, changing up their movesets. Zelda normally uses the Bow and Arrow, but as Shiek is armed with throwing knives and much faster. Ganondorf normally fights with a Spear, but as Ganon is larger and uses the classic Trident.
* Impa, her design based on the Ocarina version, is Zelda's bodyguard and fights using a Japanese-styled sword. Another one of Zelda's bodyguards is a comical Captain of the Guard who uses the Ball-And-Chain.
* There are a Moblin and Stalfos Boss that serve Ganondorf which are playable, as well as a new Gerudo character who has a "love-hate" relationship with him.
* The Blue-haired girl seen in the reveal trailer is named "Ryuna", and fights using the "Book of Mudora" as her primary weapon to cast magical spells. She's one of Link's "childhood friends" and an ally character.
* Link's other "childhood friend" is a short, red-headed guy named Nid, who fights using the Hammer. Him and Ryuna due to their names are apparently related to the Goddesses.
* The Seven Sages are all playable, but they are new characters instead of the pre-existing Seven Sages. There is a Deku Scrub, Goron, and Zora among their ranks.
* There are three Nintendo Guest Characters planned, Takamaru, Pit, and Samus, who have new make-overs to fit within the Zelda Universe. Samus for example has a more "ancient" looking Power Suit, and Pit is a bit older looking. Takamaru will draw from his previous Samurai Warriors appearance.
* The game's plot is an original story overseen by the Zelda team that focuses on a war between Zelda and Ganon's forces to find the Triforce, with Link joining up on Zelda's side. Although it will not fit within the central timeline, it borrows heavily from established Zelda mythos, specifically the Link To the Past and Ocarina of Time, the most well-known among stories of Hyrule.
* The game's Story Mode focuses on Link's role in the Hyrule War, and you only play as him, but as you go through levels, you find new Weapons to utilize. You also can walk around Kakariko Town between battles and buy weapons and items. After beating the central Story Mode, you're able to play new, more difficult episodes that focus on the other playable characters where you play as them and see their side of the story. In Free Mode, you can replay any level as any character. Finally, there is also a Mode that is akin to "Ambition Mode" in DW8, where you must build up Hyrule Castle by battling through miniature stages.
* The Stages and Enemies will be drawn from throughout the Zelda Series. The trailer showed an early build, as the final version will have new models for the Bokoblin and Lizalfos as opposed to using their Skyward Sword models, and other returning enemies will also have a new look to fit the game.
* Characters can Level Up by defeating enemies, increasing their various stats, except for Health, which is increased by finding Heart Pieces in Story Mode by completing special missions and in Treasure Chests. Characters share Heart Pieces, and you can choose how many Heart Pieces you wish to use for each battle, with some rewards being given to those that play with less Hearts. There is also the traditional Difficulty Select, including the mainstay "Chaos" for skilled players.
* You can bring extra items like Bombs and Potions into battle to help you. During battle you also find temporary power-up items, and rupees used to buy new versions of weapons and your shield.
* The Magic Meter charges up during battle like the Musou Bar, when it's filled you can utilize a character-specific "Team Ability" that powers up your entire army for a duration.
* The game is planned to include 2P, couch and online, as well as various DLC being planned such as new stages and costumes. There's no plans for DLC characters however.[/spoiler]
By the Goddesses! If this proves to be true then this could very well be (one of) the best Zelda Games and Wii U games made thus far! =D

Aw, but I'm disappointed that according to this, the Story won't take place within the Timeline. :(

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Cool. I always loved the idea of a game where we saw Hyrule's army fighting against Ganondorf's (or whoever the malevolent force is) army of monsters, with us (Link) fought alongside them. I'm not familiar with Dynasty Warriors at all, does it have much substance, or is it just hack and slash?

finalark

SNORLAX
Cool. I always loved the idea of a game where we saw Hyrule's army fighting against Ganondorf's (or whoever the malevolent force is) army of monsters, with us (Link) fought alongside them. I'm not familiar with Dynasty Warriors at all, does it have much substance, or is it just hack and slash?
It's pretty much just slashing around and trying to kill as many dudes as possible as stylishly as possible. You can get most of the games pretty cheap these days if you want to try it for yourself and see if its your cup of tea.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Skyward Sword Spoilers below

You know, when I first heard about this I couldn't help but imagine the storyline taking place before SS, where you fight as the "first" link in order to save the world from the demon king. The Link in the trailer has a scarf like what the orginal hero wears in the short comic, so my mind couldn't help but make a connection. However, with the title being "Hyrule Warriors", I bet it takes place long after SS...

At any rate, that rumor does sound interesting...I wouldn't mind playing a game like that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If that rumor were to be true, this would be the closest thing to both Samus and Pit's appearance in Hyrule Warriors.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's not all, Team Ninja's also involved with the games direction and development. We also know a bit of the plot for now:

The game will cost 7,000-something yen at retail and 6,000-something yen via the Nintendo eShop. A Premium Box will be released for 10,000-something yen.
Development is being handled by Omega Force and Team Ninja.
Hisashi Koinuma and Yosuke Hayashi are producing. Eiji Aonuma is supervising.
Link, alongside characters like Impa, will face against a new witch enemy named Shea, as well as her subordinates Va** and Wi**.
Shea is controlled by a dark evil power and Link goes in search of the missing Princess Zelda.
Fields include “Hyrule Plains,” etc.
A surprising character will be playable.

At least the rumor is offically debunked with this information, but we can't deny the idea of getting a guest character. It can be anyone that we wouldn't expect like Takamaru or Ryu Hayabusa.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Here are some further details to add from the translation(s), along with some screen-caps:

• August 14th
  • Retail - 7,980 yen, eShop - 6,980, Premium Box Set - 11,664
  • Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.
  • Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.
  • Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.
  • Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.
  • 2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.
  • Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
  • Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement
  • Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.
  • Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.
  • Bombs make an appearance, won't just be used for throwing at enemies.
  • Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.
  • Several other characters are playable too. Aonuma was surprised by how many.
  • Playable at E3.
  • Development is 70% complete.

** The below images contain the complete scans from the Famitsu magazine:

• [*]

Graphically, the game has improved (as expected), and the character designs seem to be pretty good too. One in particular that interests me is the guy in red armor; His helmet and arm have a striking resemblance towards Volvagia from my perspective. Overall, I'd say this small amount of information has made me more interested (and I suppose excited) for this game. Being the Zelda fan that I am, I would have purchased it regardless, but I can't say that I mind what I'm seeing.

Edit: That guy in the red-clad armors name roughly translates to "Volga" (meaning I was spot on with the Volvagia resemblence!), and the purple guy's roughly "Uizorro" (assuming a Wizzrobe?). Currently, all of this isn't translated as of yet, so let us expect some more information as the day progresses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom