• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
There really is a staggering amount of content. I did most of Legend mode and thought I had done a lot of the game.

Nope.

Not gonna lie, it's a little overwhelming, cause I want to get all the things, but I have other games to play too! First world gamer problems.
Yeah I can feel the struggle too, there are too much good games but not enough time to play!

Btw, is there a better place than the bonus maps you get from the skulltulas to farm rupees? I need to level up a lot of characters who are only at lvl 40ish

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Using weapons that have the Rupees+ skill can help increase the amount of rupees that you get after a battle.
Yeah, on the map I've been using for mad intense overdrive level grinding, using a +ruppees weapon seems to nearly double the number gained. Not sure how much it increases on the Rewards maps, but then I only have the Waifu Warriors mission available atm.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Waifu warriors haha :)

Yeah I'm using the +rupees/+ XP thing all time, but I was wondering if there was a mission to make easy-quicky-money
I know that hard difficulty in legend mode give a x1.5 rupees also, does extreme difficulty give a x2? Never try that

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Waifu warriors haha :)

Yeah I'm using the +rupees/+ XP thing all time, but I was wondering if there was a mission to make easy-quicky-money
I know that hard difficulty in legend mode give a x1.5 rupees also, does extreme difficulty give a x2? Never try that
Yup! Unfortunately, it's not very efficient, because the enemies take a boatload of time to kill.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I didn't think it possible... but I'm actually disappointed in the MM DLC. Everything else Nintendo revealed today during the Direct has me uber-hyped (and dreading all of the money I'll be spending on February 13th), but I feel extremely underwhelmed with the HW news. I'm a completionist, so I'll want to fully level both characters, but... I don't wanna now. *sigh* I'll probably feel better about it when it releases, but for now, all of my focus is shifting to saving up enough money for MH4U Collector's Edition, and the New 3DS+MM3D bundle.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah I'm not gonna lie, Tingle, ****ing Tingle over Skull Kid makes me incredibly salty.

Young Link with the FD Mask and stuff is pretty cool though, and honestly a good choice.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Tingle I'm torn about. I wanted him as a playable character, but not at the expense of Skull Kid. Did not expect Young Link, but that's a GREAT choice IMO.

Just when I thought I was going to take a break from HW to play Smash...it keeps pulling me back in! And I still haven't done the other DLC maps! :(

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Personally, it's the other way, I f***ing love Tingle (his face is so Hardcore, you can only love it), but kinda disappointed by Young Link.

He basically is a smaller Link that transforms into a bigger Link to do a spin attack so far.

The costumes are surprising too, with two from OoT, for Sheik and Impa.

And the Skull Kid costumes... I'm sure it's for Lana.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Wait... The DLC content was revealed during the direct? I don't see it!

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm not gonna lie, Tingle, ****ing Tingle over Skull Kid makes me incredibly salty.
Have to appeal to the Japanese audience. Why do you think Agitha's in it?

For Young Link appearing in the game, I called it. If Toon Link didn't make it in because of his cartoony design, then Young Link will.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Have to appeal to the Japanese audience. Why do you think Agitha's in it?

For Young Link appearing in the game, I called it. If Toon Link didn't make it in because of his cartoony design, then Young Link will.
Well, I'll just blame the Japanese audience having terrible opinions for this injustice, then!

But yeah, Young Link seems obvious now.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Thanks!
Tingle's face is priceless
I hope that Young Link will have some combos based on the Mojo, Goron and Zora masks
I don't know for Zora, Goron and Deku (Mojo is the French name :p Still weird for me to use "Deku" here), but there's Skull Kid for sure.

In Young Link moveset.

Edit: Found other screenshots:

Tingle's face is ultra faithful to his Majora's Mask incarnation after all.

Last edited:

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
There's something I don't understand: why does Young Link use the Kokiri sword like a double handed sword?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
There's something I don't understand: why does Young Link use the Kokiri sword like a double handed sword?
Three Words: Great Fairy Sword.

In fact, I don't know. Maybe to have a huge Kokiri sword that will give him a better reach, while making him a bit more original, as no one weild a double handed sword.

The Great Fairy Sword totally need to happen, by the way.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Great Fairy's Sword could always be Young Link's level 3 weapon. In other words...

Level 1: Kokiri Sword
Level 2: Gilded Sword
Level 3: Great Fairy's Sword

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The Great Fairy's Sword could always be Young Link's level 3 weapon. In other words...

Level 1: Kokiri Sword
Level 2: Gilded Sword
Level 3: Great Fairy's Sword
Actually, i'd prefer the Razor Sword more than the Gilded. Both are cool, but... i prefer the Razor sword.

Plus, the Razor Sword is already a badge, like the Great Fairy's Sword.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
While I was slightly surprised with the inclusion of Young Link, I sort of expected Tingle considering his status in the Zelda series. I was actually expecting Skull Kid or the Happy Mask Salesman, but oh well

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Now, we have to see what references are in the unlockable color swap. Especially considering with have some really good one (Hilda, Fire Sanctuary Ghirahim) and that some characters already have MM costumes (Lulu, Darmani).

More than the new map or the new characters, that's really the thing I'm looking forward to.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Young Link is a terrible inclusion

Also hopefully they avoid making Tingle as terrible as Agitha or they will cement him as the western world's most hated video game character in history.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Young Link and Tingle were obviously included for the references to Majora's Mask, much like how Twili Midna was implemented to reference the Twilight Princess pack.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
To be fair, Young Link is a common incarnation of Link.
An Adult Link is in... 3 games?

I was kinda against him, but I need to see his moveset first. Seeing the Moon and Skull Kid with the fairies makes his moveset potentialy more original than what I feared.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah but we already have Link. Just make Fierce Deity one of Link's ELEVEN MILLION costumes and replace Young Link with Skull Kid or Happy Mask Salesman.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah but we already have Link. Just make Fierce Deity one of Link's ELEVEN MILLION costumes and replace Young Link with Skull Kid or Happy Mask Salesman.
To be fair, there are Young Link statues at the Temple of Souls. Also, being able to use different masks seems to be an interesting concept to look at.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
To be fair, there are Young Link statues at the Temple of Souls. Also, being able to use different masks seems to be an interesting concept to look at.
That's not really the point, I'm sure you could do a mask related moveset for Happy Mask Salesman.

Hyrule Warriors is meant to be a game where you can play as your favourite waifu

Why do we need

two Link's

When Link gets everything already (8 weapons????????? 11 costumes???????????)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's not really the point, I'm sure you could do a mask related moveset for Happy Mask Salesman.

Hyrule Warriors is meant to be a game where you can play as your favourite waifu

Why do we need

two Link's

When Link gets everything already (8 weapons????????? 11 costumes???????????)
Maybe some people actually want to use Young Link. There really isn't any better explanation than that anyway.

Besides, we have two Midnas, so seeing two Links wouldn't be that awkward, especially when they're different entities.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Hyrule Waifus
people love Midna enough to like her twili form that was shown for like 3 minutes in the actual game.
We also technically have two Cia's, Lana just happens to be the worse half.
We also have two swords, ghirahim and Fi

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I see zero issues with "Mask Link", although I supported straight up Fierce Deity so whatever.

It also makes sense because you can incorporate other important elements of MM, and cool stuff like the Great Fairy Sword, presumably.

Still not really OK with Tingle. I feel like a Majora's Masj pack should more prominently feature said eponymous mask. Skull Kid or hell even Majora forms is a better idea. At least they show up in YLink's stuff, but we got the Twilight Princess for the Twilight Princess pack.

Here we have masks but not really Majora. All because Japan "loves" Tingle.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hyrule Waifus
people love Midna enough to like her twili form that was shown for like 3 minutes in the actual game.
We also technically have two Cia's, Lana just happens to be the worse half.
We also have two swords, ghirahim and Fi
I often think that people just love Cia for her cleavage exposure. At least her Guardian of Time outfit is less suggestive.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I see zero issues with "Mask Link", although I supported straight up Fierce Deity so whatever.

It also makes sense because you can incorporate other important elements of MM, and cool stuff like the Great Fairy Sword, presumably.

Still not really OK with Tingle. I feel like a Majora's Masj pack should more prominently feature said eponymous mask. Skull Kid or hell even Majora forms is a better idea. At least they show up in YLink's stuff, but we got the Twilight Princess for the Twilight Princess pack.

Here we have masks but not really Majora. All because Japan "loves" Tingle.
I feel that, despite the name, the Pack have less emphasis on MM than the TP emphasis in the TP pack.

After all, two of the costumes comes from OoT.

Both Young Link and Tingle have importance in the whole serie, so both choices are understandable. Now, they are the MM incarnation as it's the last "realistic" game left in Hyrule Warriors, I suppose.

I often think that people just love Cia for her cleavage exposure. At least her Guardian of Time outfit is less suggestive.
I love the whole design, in fact. The mask, the marks on her body, how her outfit is split in half (that split is a brilliant idea, considering Lana's outfit cover the other half. Kinda cliché, but cool).

And the boobs.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Cia to me actually looks like a character that could belong in the Zelda Universe; I'm somewhat reminded of Bayonetta crossed with Veran whenever I see her.

I liked Lana at first, but now whenever I see her, she sticks out like a sore thumb and it makes me kind of uncomfortable. I think the color schemes the two have make all the difference. Volga and Wizzro also look like they belong. Lana's just kind of...gaudy.

Also, I don't honestly buy that Tingle is as important to the series as some seem to think. You can go through Majora's Mask without ever interacting with him, and he's almost just an easter egg if he didn't sell maps.

In Wind Waker, hedid very little as well, save the Tingle Tuner/Bottle, which while useful for collecting statues/whatever the hell the Tuner did, I don't remember, wasn't much, and his main purpose was transcribing a few Triforce maps.

I dunno; I was fine with Agitha, because honestly, I like Agitha, but I don't really appreciate jokes as DLC.

Eh, maybe I'm just salty, we'll see.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Lana is literally just a JPop Idol.

I still don't know why she's here.

I mean, I like her, she's cute.

But she should be in Project Diva.

Top Bottom