• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yep, thanks for the correction.

Still, what about Skull Kids? To me, it does make sense that they are Kokiris.

Anyway, I would prefer Skull Kid playable or the costume for Young Link (but it looks like paid DLC characters don't have costumes), but being with Lana and her spear (Deku tree, Deku sprout, deku shield, the spear basically being a deku stick...) makes more sense than for Impa of Ghirahim, to me.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The Skull kids, much like stalfos, isn't limited to just hylians kokiri's goron zora or even ganondorf. It's just kids in general.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If we gonna go down that route with "similarities to skull kid".
Lana isn't a kid, so she shouldn't be allowed to have a Skull kid outfit. They should've given that to Young Link.

Everyone uses the hookshot power up for the moon, so everyone should have a skullkid outfit.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
You guys are straying into theory territory with the origin of the skeletal enemies, best not to take it for granted. Also, I don't think skull kids are related to stalfos, but perhaps stalfos are related to stalchildren as HW suggests.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If we gonna go down that route with "similarities to skull kid".
Lana isn't a kid, so she shouldn't be allowed to have a Skull kid outfit. They should've given that to Young Link.

Everyone uses the hookshot power up for the moon, so everyone should have a skullkid outfit.
Oh, come on...

I'm not saying "omigosh it's so logical". Just saying it's better to see someone with a deku moveset having the Skull kid costume. Just try to imagine Volga with this costume. Just try.

Edit: Also, only the HW characters seems to get actual alt costumes. Yes, they like Lana a bit too much. But still, it's the "best" choice IMO. The real best being Young link.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I at least want to protect Volga's smile over Lana's.
I think I just hate Volga.

Cya is acceptable, not even because of the boobs.
Wizzro is almost a fun character.
Lana is... Special, but silly me for loving oh so japanese characters. She is cool as long as she have her book (the gate also, but with parcimony)

But Volga... He isn't more stereotyped than the others, but he is so uninteresting IMO. I feel like they wanted a pseudo-bad*** fighter, and that they failed at it. Too much fire, too much "wanna be stronk". He could be absent in the scenario, and it wouldn't change that much. It's like they just needed three new bad guys as there is three Zelda universes.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's a Dynasty Warriors game fused with LoZ. You don't need a deep interesting plot and characters unless you wanna delve into Majora's Mask route.
If anything, Wizzro is one of the characters that I dislike cause it felt like they tried too hard making him seem like the typical xbox live players but without the swear words
"shut up and be defeated already"
"stfu and surrender"

"Your skills are abysmal compared to mine HAHAHAHAHA"
"git gud ******"

>any quotes where he says loser
Literally feels like lines created from a CoD player but more kid friendly.

I'm into sassy characters, but this sassiness is kinda annoying.

Cia has sex appeal and a nice guardian costume
Volga is entertaining cause all he wants is a worthy opponent and is really ****ing intimidating compared to all bosses in the game to fight, which gets a chuckle out of me because of League.
Lana is just a beta j-pop masturbation idol.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
In french, Wizzro quotes aren't bad. Volga's one are bland in comparison.

The scenario isn't the most important part, for sure, but... Dunno. He really feel unecessary, "original characters made for the game" wise.

If Lana is the Jpop masturbation idol, Volga is to me the "I like strong dude and fire" stereotype. The stupid stereotype I always hate.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It appears we've reached an impasse.
I like volga and dispise wizzro and lana, although I can at least stand playing wizzro but not his quotes. Lana I do not enjoy playing at all.
You seem to enjoy the quotes of wizzro and lana as a character but hate volga. So we shall leave it at that before it goes on for another page.

Either way I shall continue protecting this smile.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, again, the french traduction gave Wizzro good quotes (and, IMO, a better name: Iscerro. Why, though...), while Volga's are quite bland.

Also, I don't like him becaused they turned a good OoT boss into a try hard somewhat human character that don't even transform into Volvagia.

I play HW for Agitha and Tingle anyway. Deal with it :awesome:

Yes. Really. (not only them, obviously.)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Volga is just as campy as the other villains, fans love him precisely because he's an over-the-top blood knight stereotype.
Well, there's over the top and over the top.

I like exaggerated things. I really enjoy Hyrule Warriors after all!

But to me, they tried making him over the top to a point it become cliché and bland.

Edit: That's also because I feel he blend less into the universe, as he really is Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda thing sticked on it (Volvagia).

Wizzro is definitely inspired by Wizzrobe, and Cya and Lana feels like they were actually created for that specific game (well, Lana with the spear is just "let's put a deku thing somewhere"). But Volga is too much "it's also a Dynasty Warriors game so let's put a almost Dynasty Warriors character".

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
It might help to clarify the apparent multifaceted nuance of the term "over-the-top".

...or rather just say that Volga isn't appealing to you, fair enough.

Where does one place Zant on the scale of over-the-top to over-the-top?

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It might help to clarify the apparent multifaceted nuance of the term "over-the-top".

...or rather just say that Volga isn't appealing to you, fair enough.

On the scale of over-the-top to over-the-top where does one place Zant?
Ah, sure. It may sound like I'm saying he is objectively uninteresting, but this is personal. I'm not saying that everyone is dumb for liking him.

Zant isn't that much over the top, imo. His craziness on the other hand...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
In character out of 10
Only thing bad with zant is being unable to deal with weak point meter on bosses even with C2 for big ones, and wallmaster worst move in game when not counting agitha.

Otherwise voice acting and everything else is on point and good.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Why do I love every characters people hate? Mainly Agitha and Tingle.

I've never struggled to play decently with Agitha, seriously.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I pretty much enjoy all of Cia's band; I just wish Wizzro wouldn't talk sometimes, but overall I like the design.

Volga is interesting to me, fun to play and makes me want them to expand upon "Dragon Knights" in Zelda lore.

Cia is amazing; they really went over the top with her Link fan girl thing, and I think it worked hilariously well; like I've said before, unlike Lana it feels like Cia belongs; and she'll have eternal points with me for being the first Dorf-puppet to tell him to **** off, and succeed for a time.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I found that spamming Agitha's C5 (beetle charge) combined with the butterfly dive isn't so bad.
Once you send enemies flying, the butterfly combo actually makes a lot of damages.

Agitha's is lackluster when duelling against other playable characters, as they can recover mid-combo. At least, she can break a weak point in one take. Except Volga, as he tend to recover more quickly than others. But against monster, she is good. She just need preparation, as C4 and C5 are good.

People just need to stop spamming the C3.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
To people who have a problem with Young Link being in HW, it could be a lot worse. He could be a complete clone of the older Link with the same movesets. You know, like in Smash. If he were, then I'd be complaining about it.

Tbh, it's a good thing they put him in the game. He's about the closest thing we can get to having a much younger incarnation in a game that's supposed to be a celebration of the Zelda series. There's about 13 games to have a kid Link in it while the older Links appear in 5 (6 if you count HW).

Besides, I'm more of a fan of the younger Links than the much older incarnations. :p

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
To people who have a problem with Young Link being in HW, it could be a lot worse. He could be a complete clone of the older Link with the same movesets. You know, like in Smash. If he were, then I'd be complaining about it.

Tbh, it's a good thing they put him in the game. He's about the closest thing we can get to having a much younger incarnation in a game that's supposed to be a celebration of the Zelda series. There's about 13 games to have a kid Link in it while the older Links appear in 5 (6 if you count HW).

Besides, I'm more of a fan of the younger Links than the much older incarnations. :p
Yep, now that we saw a picture with Fierce Diety Link against Skull Kid, the fairies and the moon, I'm curious about his moveset. Because the only thing we saw so far is Fierce Diety Link doing a spin attack... Not the best thing to show IMO.

Also:

I don't about the english version, but the french version gave her quotes that are somewhat creepy, coupled with her demeanor.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I haven't seen anything else with Young link regarding fairies.
Otherwise that one pic where skull kid/the moon is in the distance that seems more like a focus spirit finisher move.
As of right now until new stuff is shown Young link looks like a clone unless his last Strength 4 5 and 6 turn out to be masks lol (think in the trailer he did 2 XX then a Y), the time he put the mask on was just using a musuo/special bar.

Tingle Agitha tier cause >using a bag of rupees to hit enemies first 2 or so hits, possibly even less range than agitha

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Which makes me none too happy about having to grind up Tingle, cuz I'm SURE it'll take a while.

On the plus side, I now have Darunia, Cia, Dorf, Zelda and Link (who's capped) at 100+ and started making dents in the Twilight Map.

Darunia's Darbus color looks awesome.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope Young Link can also use Deku Mask, Goron Mask, and Zora Mask... not just Fierce Deity Mask and... Keaton Mask?

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
So I'm down to one Skulltula left in Legend/Free mode, the second one in the final level where I have to recapture the castle keep and keep everyone alive as Darunia. Kinda tricky since Ganondorf just wrecks everyone in a couple of hits. But I just got his Level 3 hammer from Adventure Mode, so maybe that will help.

I've got a few squares left in Adventure mode and only a few more weapons to get. Then I'm not sure whether I should move on to Master Queset or Twilight, or wait around for Majora (I'm afraid I'm gonna burn myself out on HW).

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Yep, now that we saw a picture with Fierce Diety Link against Skull Kid, the fairies and the moon, I'm curious about his moveset. Because the only thing we saw so far is Fierce Diety Link doing a spin attack... Not the best thing to show IMO.

Also:

I don't about the english version, but the french version gave her quotes that are somewhat creepy, coupled with her demeanor.
Like what?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Like what?
"Oh, intrepid foes, you aren't breathing anymore!"

This one, especially. Coupled with a huge innocent smile.

I also like "well... I'm a somewhat violent princess..." Or "Goodnight, nasty mantis", althought it's becomes a wordplay when in french (méchante mante).

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
"Oh, intrepid foes, you aren't breathing anymore!"

This one, especially. Coupled with a huge innocent smile.

I also like "well... I'm a somewhat violent princess..." Or "Goodnight, nasty mantis", althought it's becomes a wordplay when in french (méchante mante).
Wow. That is pretty freaky.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
So it seems that the Majora's DLC comes with an update of the game, version 1.5.0
Some changes are :
Higher level max for characters
New medals
New weapon skills
New data will appear on the adventure mode screen, don't really know what it means​

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Finally got the last Legend Mode Skulltula last night! Gave the Boss Rush rewards map a try and noped right out. Guess I need to level up a little bit more to get the Goron Tunic. Still some heart pieces left but not too concerned about those.

Also unlocked the Great Fairy weapon. Just a few more Lv 2 and Lv 3 weapons to get in Adventure mode...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So it seems that the Majora's DLC comes with an update of the game, version 1.5.0
Some changes are :
Higher level max for characters
New medals
New weapon skills
New data will appear on the adventure mode screen, don't really know what it means​
No....nooooo, please god noooooo!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's more of how they gotta make the MM hard just like TP one.

Incoming 6 heart damaging fodder and you might as well never get hit once if you want skulltulas. I wouldn't be surprised if them adding the reset function is because of the previous joke I made.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It is, right?

Technically, she is just playful. But with those quotes... How is it in english?
It's okay. She actually does come off a just a playful little girl. But that's part of a different problem with her. She practically doesn't even know she's in war, and every one wants to kill her. That scene with the bulblin that tried to kidnap her is kinda disturbing.

Top Bottom