• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This could help if you're having trouble with the past maps, but at the same time, it does foreshadow the insanity that the Majora's Mask map may bring.
You're right, it definitely could make stuff on the TP map easier (even though it's not ALL difficult.) extra levels are a nice buffer, anyway.

I just dread having to do even more level grinding than I already still need to do, since I'm trying to get everyone to a competitive level. It also appears I'm still not done with Link yet (even though I know I was gonna have to use him for the Majora Map, but yeah.)

Ah well, will be fun anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah I still haven't touched the DLC maps, since I have been hunting down Gold Skulltulas, and there are still two Adventure Mode challenge battles that I have to complete and A-rank as well; one of which requires you to defeat Ganon, Gohma, and King Dodongo with Ganondorf within a set time limit.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Welp, looking forward to mowing down my enemies with the terrifying creature that is Tingle. Gonna beat the great king of evil to a pulp with a sack of fat cash. You will Limpah when I'm done with Koo.

My main girl; Impa's new outfit looks great too. Something looks off about Sheik's new outfit but I can't place my finger on what.

Not looking forward to Young Link at all currently if I'm honest, as he seems like the most pointless choice we could have possibly had. Have we seen him do anything other than transform into FD Link and perform standard Link's trademark sword swing?

Alas poor Skull Kid fans. You got robbed. And then mocked with Lana of all characters dressing up as a sexy version of your character. I think I'd of preferred Midna to don the Skull Kid disguise.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Apparently the Majora's DLC is released in Europe, what about you guys?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The pack is released in Europe in Japan.

Young Link is cool, although is moveset is quite simple. Although his weapon is the mask (it's Oni-Link's sword that change with the lvl 2 and 3 weapons), it's basically a lot of kokiri sword attacks. The BBBBBY attack is cool though.
The special attack allows Link to trade his special technique gauge for some magic. So he basically rely on Focus Spirit where he transforms into Oni-Link. The Focus Spirit + X summons the moon.

Tingle is fun. A LOT OF FUN.
Finally a fire type that I like! One of his attack grants him invincibility and covers a great area. There's references, like tossing bombs, a golden Tingle statue, or even his lvl 3 balloon, depicting Tingle, Rupeeland style.
And of course, the Kooloo-Limpah dance.
His weak point attack against boss is fun too. His victory pose is fun. His quotes are fun.

The costumes to unlock on this map... (spoilers for those who want to discover themselves)
I have no pictures yet, but they are not color swap like previously. Instead, characters are given various masks.
I only unlocked Zant's mask, but I saw some others in one mission.

Zant have the Circus Leader's Mask, Agitha have the Don Gero Mask, Zelda have the bunny hood. I saw Volga's one but I'm not sure. Maybe the stone mask.

Surprisingly, Midna's Mask is not from MM. Instead, she have the wooden shield from TP.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
The update brings some changes
- Max lvl for characters is now 200
- We can now delete a skill on a weapon (it costs a lot of rupees) / Pay to unlock the skills with the KO counter / Sell weapons (finally!)
- Three new potions, + EXP / + Rupees / + Materials​

the8thark

Smash Lord
I will share some screenshots and my opinions of the new patch for Hyrule Warriors 1.5.0.
This is in a spoiler tag just so everyone is happy. Lots of screenshots included. Click on the screenshots so see them full size.
Nintendo's patchnotes are never the best. They are not fully detailed and a lot of the information we have to work out ourselves. But at least we have them now.

The Smithy

The cost to remove a weapon affix is 300k rupees. Pretty expensive so save it for the weapons you are maxing out with the Legendary affix.

The cost to appraise an unknown affix is 10x the number of KO's left. So an affix with 120KOs left before it's unlocked will cost 12K rupees to unlock for use. This does mean a fully unlocked 25k KO left Legendary affix will cost 250K rupees to unlock. I think it's better to just take the time to unlock the affixes by playing the game. I can see a use for this in three ways though:
  • People with millions of rupees can save the time spent to farm 25K KOs for the legendary affix.
  • People who want a specific affix can unlock everyone with same number of required KOs. The reason being, you don't waste time trial and error style till you get the affix you want
  • To remove the +XP affix when your character hits Lv200 (or whatever the newer max character level is)

There are two new weapon affixes. Both require 4000KOs to unlock. (Well I assume there is two. I have not found others. And this type only has 2 as shown in game.

The first one is Special Attack +. I've not tried this on a hard stage with a decent weapon to see if it's really good. I think it has a use if you use a lot of special attacks but overall I think it's not the best simply because you have limited weapon slots and there are more worthy affixes to use. But I'm sure some people will like this one.

The second one is Hasty Attacks. I have tried this one a little. And the attack speed increase is very noticeable. This works for your weak weak weak etc combos and every other weak + strong combo in the game. Does not work on X special attacks or Magic openers and finishers. But standard combos while you are using your magic are sped up. This helps a lot to deplete big boss weak point meters. And it makes killing the captains and hordes easier. From my limited use of this affix, I would say it's as good as the Legendary affix but in a different way. I think everyone will want this on their end game weapons.

The Apothecary

There are three new potions in the game now.

The first is the XP Excelerator. The cost is 50 bronze materials and 10K rupees. I used this on my Lv130 Link on a network Link stage. And I got 1.5 levels in the stage. I don't think this is all that great. The weapon had the + XP affix on it also. This is nice but I didn't find the effect to be earth shattering. Nice but not a potion I'll be making many of I think.

The second is the Rupee Festival. The cost is 75 bronze materials and 1 rupee. I tried this on a Network Link stage, the dark Hyrule field one. I usually get roughly 20K rupees for a full clear of it, every fort taken and everything killed before I beat the stage. But with the potion I just hit 60K rupees in stage before I beat the last enemy hero. I did farm hordes around the enemy hero for about 1 minute to hit the 60K though. I think 50k to 60K is easy with the potion.

So assume 60K in stage. Plus 50k for stage completion and 20K for weapons sold that were found in stage. That's a total of 130K rupees. That's a lot. Not something you can do a lot of because of the material cost. But I think this potion is the best way to burn through your otherwise useless bronze materials once you have all the badges you want. So it's best to pick up every material now. As they are are worth rupees (with this potion). A very nice potion. I think people will be using this a lot.

The third potion is the Material Master. The cost is 100 bronze materials and 50K rupees. I have not used this potion yet. Soon I'll give this a go. If this guarantees the top tier material for every kill (ie silver for captains and gold for enemy heroes/big bosses) then this potion will be worth it to farm these materials for the badges. On the other hand if this potion only increases the chance to get top tier materials slightly this potion will be garbage due to the high cost. If anyone else has used this potion and want to give their opinions on it, feel free to share them, I'll be interested to hear it (as will everyone else I am sure).

I think this potion could be amazing or trash depending on how much the increase rate is.

I don't have screenshots of the new medals yet. I have not even looked at them to be honest. I think they will be just the usual, beat the Terminia map and get all it's secrets and skulltulas.

Finally you can see the damage you have taken as a number on the pause screen in stage under your time taken so far. 100 damage per quarter heart damage taken. You can work it out easily enough but having the number there makes it much more convenient. The pause screen also has a restart stage option. Very nice if you fail A rank. And restarting a stage does not use up your bought potion, only returning to the map screen does.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The biggest thing for this update so far is rupee festival Hasty Attacks possibly making **** characters like Agitha more manageable and of course, removing skills.
I'll gladly spend 300k rupees 2 or 3 times on a 5 star 7/8 or 8/8 weapon just so I can have the go-to weapon for my character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can't tell you how many times I have had to abandon a 5-star level 3 weapon, simply because it hardly had any empty skill slots; for an example, no room for Legendary.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Young Link sounds OP, especially once he has all three of his super meters, since one super meter fills him magic by 1/3rd. So once he has the proper badges, eventually he'll enter Fierce Deity mode, Kill enough things to fill all three meters, and then immediately trigger it again. He'll probably only be bad on levels with no enemies on the map or levels where he cant afford to run around looking for mobs to kill or grass to cut. He looks super fun though can't wait to play him now.

Cute detail, when Young Link plays Song of Time, it doesn't play the notes like the actual Song of Time, it plays the notes as if the player himself were playing the OoT or MM and hitting the buttons to play the song...if that makes any sense.

On another note I finally got all the non-dlc weapons. Yay.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
new patch note: maps take 8 years to load
Ain't that the truth.

Young Link could possibly be the best character in the game, from what I've read elsewhere, although I haven't used him much myself yet. I'm going to retract my above statement, since now I've seen more of him he's actually pretty well designed, even if I do think it's a cynical attempt to give Link one of each weapon type.

And then...then there's Tingle.

Tingle is a ton of fun. He's still pretty creepy, but if he isn't the most comical character in the game.

He's probably my second favourite to play as right now, right after Impa, and it's nearly entirely because his attacks are ridiculous. There's a move where he loses control of his balloon and slams into the ground hard enough to create a cartoon indent.
One of his moves allows him to fly into the air whilst scattering bombs or giant rupees, which explode and then he drops a huge bomb on them, chargrilling himself in the process. This attack does amazing area damage, chewing through health bars like it's nothing. He's surprisingly stronger than you'd think too. Highly recommend giving the creepy fairy man a chance in this game.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
... I literally screamed with joy upon seeing this on the Direct today.

I also like the fact that it's called Hyrule Warriors, which may mean that more characters; Zelda, Ganon, Young Link, Tingle, Midna, and such, might just be in it as well.
You called it man, kudos to you!

Been playing using Young Link a lot today, he's ****ing awesome, especially with the Fierce Deity special. After one day he's only 3 levels below my highest level Warrior, Zelda. I'm trying to unlock the Fierce Deity costume for Link but the Termina Map is so frickin hard I swear to God! Haven't played as Tingle yet, lol

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
One of the new Apothecary mixtures almost guarantees rare drops and the cost is quite meagre.
To be fair only way to play MM map (most people bought it cuz they prolly got the pack or bought individually so their characters are maxed out anyways) is with 150+ and all their stuff is maxed most likely.

For people just starting out they're well off for joining late cause they can get everything in an instant now.
Can't wait to finally get easy imprisoned pillars and gohma's lens. **** those two.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
The Termina Map is really ****in hard for me tbh, my highest level warriors is only level 30 something, and I'm not going anywhere on the board because of the required A grade to progress on most squares. Kinda annoying tbh, I want to unlock the Majora's Mask **** without having to level up on the other boards first.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The Termina Map is really ****in hard for me tbh, my highest level warriors is only level 30 something, and I'm not going anywhere on the board because of the required A grade to progress on most squares. Kinda annoying tbh, I want to unlock the Majora's Mask **** without having to level up on the other boards first.
Unfortunate for you.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I live in the USA, so I don't have it yet, so I've been grinding to get all the materials and rupees I need. So far, I've gotten 1,900,000 something rupees, and most of the Young Link materials. I also got the costume DLC, and found out that I really like the way Ganondorf plays. I think he's going to be one of my mains, along with Sheik and spinner Link.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Fierce Deities' badassery rivals Ike for sure. For some reason his top ranked blade appears to be daedric.

...it's just a bit off-putting that Young Link looks like he was designed by a pedophile - kawaii desu ne?

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
That's true. I have Link around level 140 and even he takes a while to kill things. I think it's best to get all the weapons on the first adventure board to unlock legendary affix. You really need the rank 3 weapons and some serious character level (level 50-75 at the bare minimum). And you need some game skill for the stages without a favoured element as no armour badges help you there and a couple of hits there can prevent A rank.

To be fair only way to play MM map (most people bought it cuz they prolly got the pack or bought individually so their characters are maxed out anyways) is with 150+ and all their stuff is maxed most likely.

For people just starting out they're well off for joining late cause they can get everything in an instant now.
Can't wait to finally get easy imprisoned pillars and gohma's lens. **** those two.
For me it's Agnarok. Need so many of it's materials.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Man some people are weird with their luck. Argorok was dropping golds for me like ****ing candy.
One time I farmed, I got 3 golds from all 3 bosses, two argorok's and one manhandler.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The apocathy(sp?) could be of use to you. They added Rupee Festival, which is pretty damn helpful on the "rack up your KO" missions on the Master Quest adventure board. Costs 75 Bronze material and a singular rupee, but it's pretty handy providing you don't need those bronze materials.

Get 10,000 Rupees and you could pour some of that hard earnt cash into the XP accelerator potion too. Doubles your EXP from what I've witnessed. Again, those "Rack up your KO" missions are great for this, as is the Reward Map 'True Allies' if you've collected the Skulltulas in Story/Free mode. I managed to level Tingle from 50 to 55 by being pretty thorough...and that was without the XP accelerator. In theory I could of got him a full 10 levels from that one map alone!

Pro tip: Use the warrior you like playing as the most. Then after you get enough Rupees you can just abuse the Training Dojo to level up those you need, but you're going to have to sink a good dozen hours of this to get the Majora's Mask.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Thanks for the tips, yo!

Young Link has been my favourite character to play as so I'm gonna try and level him up high, what are some good skills? I've got regen and effective against undead but I'm trying to unlock some more locked skills, but I wanna know what to look out for

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Made a little video of me playing with the Majora's Mask characters. Not high level play by any means, just trying to be entertaining. Not sure if I succeeded or not but anyway, check it out if you feel like it :)

Top Bottom