• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
When do Linkle, Skull Kid and the like come out for the Wii U anyways?
Apparently sometime in the summer. I would assume around the time the Awakening pack comes out

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I just found this thread. I was looking for a thread to discuss HW. Is this the biggest HW thread on Smashboards right now? Has this thread already theorized what the next few characters will be? I've personally got two ideas for the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks character. I haven't played either of those games yet, but I've heard some unique ideas on what Toon Links weapon could be as well (I even have a theory of my own.). Any thought?

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I just found this thread. I was looking for a thread to discuss HW. Is this the biggest HW thread on Smashboards right now? Has this thread already theorized what the next few characters will be? I've personally got two ideas for the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks character. I haven't played either of those games yet, but I've heard some unique ideas on what Toon Links weapon could be as well (I even have a theory of my own.). Any thought?
The character will probably be Linebeck since he's a major character in Phantom Hourglass, not sure what he would do other than whacking you with a map. Making they could do like Malladus or Byrne or something but I doubt it.

Maybe Toon Link's weapon could be toon zelda? Summoning the phantoms to wreck ****, no idea what else he could do, summoning trains? The spirit flute? Those sound like terrible ideas

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About the PH/ST pack, almost everyone agree on Linebeck, as he is a major character in the first, and still present in the second one (well, it's his grandson, but it's almost the same guy).
Some people want Byrne, but I think Linebeck would be a priority.

For the weapon, I'd really enjoy the Phantom as well, it would be an opportunity to see Toon Zelda (and maybe have a Toon Zelda costume for Tetra, like the Oni Link costume we had in the Majora's Mask pack).

Finally, for the ALBW pack, I think that Lavio, Hilda and Yuga have equal chances. But I would prefer Hilda and Yuga over Lavio.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...
PH character is likely to be Linebeck, I'd imagine. Not sure what his weapon would be though. Tink's weapon should be the Spirit Train, just for the sheer hilarity of crushing evil under a train. As for Link Between Worlds, Yuga could be really interesting, perhaps with a focus on maneuverability rather than power? I would like to see your thoughts, though!

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I'm sad to say that I haven't played ALBW or ST but I have played PH,so like most people here imma put my money on Linebeck as the character choice here.

I also never played Link's Awakening,but I'm hyped for Marin nonetheless. she looks interesting to play.

along with the new characters/weapons rolling in and Breath of the Wild's super positive reception,I've decided that this game's gonna me busy for a while. I've made a goal for myself to 100% it like I do for every Zelda I have played. or play the crap outta this until BOTW comes out. whichever happens first :p

Note:I don't have Legends because of preference.

-All Heart Pieces,Skulltulas,Costumes,Characters,and Weapons i'm gonna gun for. maybe get everyone to 250 too,but I'll see about that another time.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Hmm...
PH character is likely to be Linebeck, I'd imagine. Not sure what his weapon would be though. Tink's weapon should be the Spirit Train, just for the sheer hilarity of crushing evil under a train. As for Link Between Worlds, Yuga could be really interesting, perhaps with a focus on maneuverability rather than power? I would like to see your thoughts, though!
The Toon Link weapon idea goes with expectation vs. hope for me personally. I do think that it's far more likely that Toon Link will get a weapon like the spirit flute or using Toon Zelda to summon phantoms (Which admittedly, would be pretty cool.) as the weapon, but my hope is that he wields the spirit tracks. I agree that it would look hilarious, and I do think that the DLC team could make it viable. Link already has weapons like Epona and the Great Fairy that increase his hitbox, so I would imagine the Spirit Tracks would do the same, making Toon Link slightly bigger than Epona, and as for attacks, I imagine lots of swerving and charging into opponents, as well as combos and specials that involve other trains, such as the dark trains, armored trains, or maybe even having the demon train run over a large number of foes. As for how the train runs with no tracks, well the game is non canon and a trackless train is one of the least odd things that could happen in this game. I kind of want to see Byrne as the new character, but I respect Linebeck as one of those fan favorite characters up there with Groose and Tingle, so I pretty much think the ST/PH character will be Linebeck. Finally, I think the ALBW characters will be Ravio and Yuga. I personally can't imagine them skipping out on Yuga at all, so he's a shoo-in in my personal opinion, and as for Ravio VS. Hilda, I think Ravio is simply the more interesting character. Hilda could be cool, but she didn't battle much, if at all, and even if she did cool things with her staff, I just see her being another generic dark elemental character, probably with similar moves to Wizzro and Cia. I think the possibility of Ravio using a wide array of all the items in ALBW in rapid succession would be a much funnier and interesting option for the second character.

***EDIT*** So, I'll be honest in admitting that I haven't actually played LOZ: Spirit Tracks, and thus didn't know until I looked it up that the Spirit Tracks has a large cannon of it that would undoubtedly be useful in concocting a moveset for a Spirit Tracks Weapon. Also, I realize that the Spirit Tracks is rather big, so I'd like to clarify by saying that for it to work, I imagine Toon Link would only be riding the conductors cart, but with the Spirit Tracks cannon on it. I also wonder the the different ranks would be. My guesses would be:
level 1: Wooden Tracks
level 2: ??? (again, I haven't played Spirit Tracks)
level 3: Golden Tracks
I could also imagine Toon Link popping his body out of the side of the train to swing his Lokomo sword at opponents, like Link does on Epona.

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
The Toon Link weapon idea goes with expectation vs. hope for me personally. I do think that it's far more likely that Toon Link will get a weapon like the spirit flute or using Toon Zelda to summon phantoms (Which admittedly, would be pretty cool.) as the weapon, but my hope is that he wields the spirit tracks. I agree that it would look hilarious, and I do think that the DLC team could make it viable. Link already has weapons like Epona and the Great Fairy that increase his hitbox, so I would imagine the Spirit Tracks would do the same, making Toon Link slightly bigger than Epona, and as for attacks, I imagine lots of swerving and charging into opponents, as well as combos and specials that involve other trains, such as the dark trains, armored trains, or maybe even having the demon train run over a large number of foes. As for how the train runs with no tracks, well the game is non canon and a trackless train is one of the least odd things that could happen in this game. I kind of want to see Byrne as the new character, but I respect Linebeck as one of those fan favorite characters up there with Groose and Tingle, so I pretty much think the ST/PH character will be Linebeck. Finally, I think the ALBW characters will be Ravio and Yuga. I personally can't imagine them skipping out on Yuga at all, so he's a shoo-in in my personal opinion, and as for Ravio VS. Hilda, I think Ravio is simply the more interesting character. Hilda could be cool, but she didn't battle much, if at all, and even if she did cool things with her staff, I just see her being another generic dark elemental character, probably with similar moves to Wizzro and Cia. I think the possibility of Ravio using a wide array of all the items in ALBW in rapid succession would be a much funnier and interesting option for the second character.

***EDIT*** So, I'll be honest in admitting that I haven't actually played LOZ: Spirit Tracks, and thus didn't know until I looked it up that the Spirit Tracks has a large cannon of it that would undoubtedly be useful in concocting a moveset for a Spirit Tracks Weapon. Also, I realize that the Spirit Tracks is rather big, so I'd like to clarify by saying that for it to work, I imagine Toon Link would only be riding the conductors cart, but with the Spirit Tracks cannon on it. I also wonder the the different ranks would be. My guesses would be:
level 1: Wooden Tracks
level 2: ??? (again, I haven't played Spirit Tracks)
level 3: Golden Tracks
I could also imagine Toon Link popping his body out of the side of the train to swing his Lokomo sword at opponents, like Link does on Epona.
Yeah, in my head, Tink rides the conductor car and phantasmal tracks appear under it while he moves. Truthfully, I have played Spirit Tracks, and forgot about the cannon, so that could work. I actually forgot Link Between Worlds is getting two characters, so I hope for Ravio in addition to Yuga. I suppose the train would be Wooden Tracks, Golden Tracks, then Spirit Tracks. I suppose the train would make Tink a bit smaller than the Great Fairy, but larger than Epona. I could also see him attacking from the train, with sword strikes and the like.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I suppose the train would be Wooden Tracks, Golden Tracks, then Spirit Tracks.
I considered the spirit tracks for a lvl 3, but the spirit tracks by themselves look a bit... dull. It seems like the Techmo Koei team is fine with making the canon item a level 1 or 2 in place of a level 2 or 3 with a cool design. I could imagine the levels possibly being Wooden Tracks > Spirit Tracks > S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶D̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶O̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶D̶e̶s̶i̶g̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶H̶e̶r̶o̶ ̶T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶s̶ Golden Tracks. Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did make up a snazzy, non canon level 3.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I thought the 4+ weapons would be kinda pointless and I wouldn't bother trying to find a perfect one, but once I realized they actually had palette swaps, I fell in love *^*
Speaking of palette swaps, I'm loving the new costumes. Toon Link's is a little drastic of a change, but I love Young Link's, even if it's just a simple swap to red. Hopefully we can get a blue swap next time :D

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I doubt the legends costumes will ever come to Wii U. A shame, it'd be really nice to see them in HD. Maybe they could make a costume pack that includes all of the costumes in one bundle

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Who here has messed around with Marin yet? I am seriously liking the dream girl so far. I think she may be one of the best water elementals in the game. (Although I haven't played with King Daphnes yet.)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So the characters got leaked by the in-game portraits, it's apparently
Toon Zelda (Hopefully in spirit form with the phantoms), Ravio and Yuga. Odd they went with Toon Zelda over Linebeck but I understand why and I'm not too mad about it

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm quite glad for Toon Zelda as well. While I would really love Linebeck too, I'm a Zelda fanboy so... This seems to be the same situation as the Young Link / Tingle / Skull Kid situation. A popular character overthrown by a more important character. Same goes to Hilda, I wanted her but Lavio and Yuga are slightly more important as you interact with them more.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Well, to be fair, the pack is called "Phantom Hourglass AND Spirit Tracks" so I suppose Linebeck wouldn't have repped both games. I can only hope TZ uses the Phantom as a weapon. Still hope Tink gets the Spirit Train as his weapon. Excited for Ravio and Yuga, wanted both and predicted them as well.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm pretty happy that Toon Zelda was apparently chosen too. She was the character I was kind of hoping would come with the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks DLC. Plus a Phantom based moveset would be perfect in representing both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks as the Phantom's where a pretty big part in both of those games.

Linebeck might end up as this game's Skull Kid and may come in a potential Hyrule Warriors NX port if that becomes a thing due to the high demand he had during the DLC period.

I'm pretty interested in seeing Ravio and Yuga too. Their play styles would be interesting to see as well.

We're still in the dark in regards to Toon Link's new weapon though so there's still a bit to speculate on, I think he will probably get something from Phantom Hourglass though. I think it might be either Ciela and the other two fairies, or the hammer. (Or both if Ciela is holding the hammer like she did in Phantom Hourglass)

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So what do you think the weapons will be? Besides Yuga's staff, of course.

Toon Zelda: Phantoms, fire type. Not only it's the only missing element for all the Zelda with have, but with the Torch Phantom, I can imagine that. At least, I'm certain it will not be Dark, as it would seem too close to the Dominion Rod. (yet, we do have Toon Link's sword...)

Toon Link: Grappling Hook, water type. Grappling hook is a recognizable item in both WW and PH, and have many purposes. I guess the water type as it allows to recover items underwater.

Lavio: Rupee Bag, light type. I think that this will be his weapon for two reasons: not only this allows him to use rental items such as bombs instead of locking him into an ice or sand rod, but the wallet is also something important in the Zelda games.

Yuga: Staff (of course), Storm type. I believe in the electrical moveset because he does use lots of electrical attacks. But the dark type can also happen.

I also want those elements because so far, we have 10 dark weapons, and 7 weapons of each other elements. It would balance the game a bit more.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I could see Yuga as a chance to have a Light-based villain, which would be unique. But I could also see Lightning and Fire. Anything but Darkness please ;-;

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I could see T. Zelda still being Light just because of her obligatory association with Light Arrows, granted Tetra using them while still being Water gave me hope

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I could see T. Zelda still being Light just because of her obligatory association with Light Arrows, granted Tetra using them while still being Water gave me hope
Considering the fact that it's fairly likely T. Zelda would use phantoms, she could be another dark elemental, although I sincerely hope not.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
When hunting for better weapons, what's better to look for, stars or slots? So far, what I've been doing is using weapons with more slots, and only switching out if the next one has better slots and more or equal stars. Should I just focus on getting rank 3 five star weapons? Or are slots more important and ultimately more useful than increased power?

KirbCider

Smash Ace
When hunting for better weapons, what's better to look for, stars or slots? So far, what I've been doing is using weapons with more slots, and only switching out if the next one has better slots and more or equal stars. Should I just focus on getting rank 3 five star weapons? Or are slots more important and ultimately more useful than increased power?
Both are kind of equally good to have.

For the Wii U Version, yes, focus on Rank 3 Five Star Weapons with the preferable Weapons. As for 3DS, there are Rank 4 Weapons now (Including the Rank 4+ Weapons from the newly released DLC which has dual elements) so those would be your preferred goal weapons.

And I say Slots are also important, but I guess it all depends on your opinions as well as what you're aiming for.

There's some special skills that can really help certain characters out (Hasty Attacks for instance) so you'd want to save one or two slots for said special skills. Then there is of course the EXP+, Rupee+, Materials+, and Food+ (I suppose food would be optional if that is not your focus). Those main four can help you out a ton as far as farming in all categories go, and are my preferred choices to use. So after all of this is done with, you have six filled Slots, leaving two Empty Slots to do whatever you wish with. This is what I do anyways.

Plus, if you have a 5 Star Weapon with full slots you do not wish to have you can sell them for pretty high prices. So yeah, both are nice.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Both are kind of equally good to have.

For the Wii U Version, yes, focus on Rank 3 Five Star Weapons with the preferable Weapons. As for 3DS, there are Rank 4 Weapons now (Including the Rank 4+ Weapons from the newly released DLC which has dual elements) so those would be your preferred goal weapons.

And I say Slots are also important, but I guess it all depends on your opinions as well as what you're aiming for.

There's some special skills that can really help certain characters out (Hasty Attacks for instance) so you'd want to save one or two slots for said special skills. Then there is of course the EXP+, Rupee+, Materials+, and Food+ (I suppose food would be optional if that is not your focus). Those main four can help you out a ton as far as farming in all categories go, and are my preferred choices to use. So after all of this is done with, you have six filled Slots, leaving two Empty Slots to do whatever you wish with. This is what I do anyways.

Plus, if you have a 5 Star Weapon with full slots you do not wish to have you can sell them for pretty high prices. So yeah, both are nice.
I usually consider hasty attacks a must have. I put that on practically all characters. Materials is good too. I usually have a powerful weapon I use primarily for completing levels in adventure mode, then a few dummy weapons used for things like material farming. My power weapon often has skills like legendary, hasty attacks, heartstrong, EXP+, the weak point smash skill whose name I can't recall, then either a combo buff skill or two, or any other skills I want.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Is there anybody on here who has Skull Kid on their Wii U version of HW? And if so, is he fully upgraded in all of his badges, and could someone tell me what he needs for his Fierce Deity II? I can not find a guide that covers the legends characters online, and I am tearing my damn hair out trying to figure out how to fully upgrade the character on the Wii U version.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wasn't expecting to be right, but we take those.

Haven't had the chance to do anything more than download the patch/characters and upgrade their basic badges, but will try em out after work.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
The new content is pretty awesome. Both T Zelda and the Sand Wand rock, and the Grand Travels map has some interesting gimmicks. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So we almost got all of Link's sidekicks playable/assisting in some form now don't we?

Midna (both her imp and true form), Fi, Tatl (Assisting Skull Kid), Toon Zelda and the King of Red Lions (mainly in his true form)

I suppose the only sidekicks left are Navi, Ezlo and Ciela if I haven't forgotten anyone else. If we where to get a Hyrule Warriors NX, I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing Ezlo join the fray (probably mainly in his Minish form occasionally transforming into his hat form for some attacks much like King Daphnes does)

The fairies would most probably be like Tatl and team up with another character (Saria for Navi and Linebeck for Ciela I suppose)

That is assuming we'd get a Hyrule Warriors NX that is and if the Capcom Zelda's finally get some attention other than some fairy food.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom