• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
While it's highly unlikely, imagine if they added a TriForce Heroes character! Madame Couture, singing opera and stabbing Moblins with sewing needles, anyone?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I haven't posted on here yet, but I'm loving this game so far...Haven't had the chance to pick up the Wii U version yet, so this is the first time I actually played it...

So far I got all the characters except Young Link...Favourite include both Midna's, Link, Zelda, Ghirahim, Sheik, Impa, Linkle, Skull Kid, and Volga...Young Link will likely join the list once i get him as the Fierce Deity is pretty powerful...

----

As far as new additions, for the most part I'm content...
Seeing Ravio show up could be interesting as he could use various items from ALBW as well as being able to utilize the special Bracelet that he gives Link for some neat 2 dimensional attacks...

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
While it's highly unlikely, imagine if they added a TriForce Heroes character! Madame Couture, singing opera and stabbing Moblins with sewing needles, anyone?
That could be cool, I kinda skipped Triforce in my mind, but Triforce'd make a lot of sense as a DLC pack in NXTreme Legends, and she is the most likely character f that game. Would be nice to have a larger, older lady too, just for variety sake. Fire Gloves could make a good Toon Link weapon in such a case too, possibly even taking some other moves from Mario in the process.

Oracles (though I'd totally want 4 characters from it for the oracle trio and Twinrova) and Minish Cap/Four Swords (Four Swords Toon Link and Vaati) are still my main wishes from NXTreme's DLC, with the obvious Zelda U (I'm still guessing Grimioire of Shadow) Master Quest. Triforce being the last title would make a lot of sense, especially if they're pulling on the whole multi-system thing to tie into the handheld/console hybrid.

Folt

Smash Ace
Not only Marin is confirmed, but we also have some informations on the Master Quest pack.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda-3ds/img/dlc_p1_map03.jpg

I don't read japanese, but the pictures reveal several things, such as Medli who can be an opponent, and she have hearts to get too!

This is interesting. Given that Medli is free DLC compared to the others makes it sound like they're taking the Cia, Volga, and Wizzro route with her. The other DLC characters may take the same route as Twili Midna, Young Link, and Tingle did on the Wii U version if they're not included in the packs for the Japanese version.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Technically, this time, characters are included in the DLC packs in Japan too.

But you mention something interesting that I forgot about Cya and co.

Folt

Smash Ace
Yes. Medli is awailable through a free update like Cia and her cronies were, so it's extremely likely that she will get heart containers, weapons, and costumes like the characters included in the base game, at least for Legends.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
Her voice reminds me of the manon from Xenoblae Chronicle X but she looks fun!
I can't wait to play as her!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
First look at Medli's gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Vf08ImYJk&feature=youtu.be&t=1324

And no she won't be a Sheik clone. Seems like she will have the Light element.

(I always find her english name weird. Médolie in french, or Medori in japanese sound ways better IMO)
I get that they both use harps to fight but why would people think she'd be a sheik clone? (several characters use swords in this game and hardly anyone plays the same)

I don't see what's so weird...Medli = Medley...which relates to music

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
First look at Medli's gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Vf08ImYJk&feature=youtu.be&t=1324

And no she won't be a Sheik clone. Seems like she will have the Light element.

(I always find her english name weird. Médolie in french, or Medori in japanese sound ways better IMO)
She seems to use wind a lot so I wonder what her element will be, probably either light or lightning given the wind waker and sheik's harp which both use wind.

Also, DAAAAWWWWW!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I get that they both use harps to fight but why would people think she'd be a sheik clone? (several characters use swords in this game and hardly anyone plays the same)
I said that on a comical note, but it probably lacked a smiley.

I don't see what's so weird...Medli = Medley...which relates to music
It's weird not because it's Medli, but because it's not Médolie. Which I'm used to.

It's exactly the same problem with Midna and Zant: I'm not one who will defend hardly the japanese name, but what is the point of removing in those names the O? Midona, Medori (R is somewhat pronounced L in Japan), Zanto...

While in Midna's case, it's based on "midnight", Medli in english kinda lose the Melody pun.

On the other hand, Fi only change how it's written but not how it's said: Fi, Fai (japanese) and Fay (french). And there's cases where the name change completely such as Chancellor Cole.

But those missing letters are really weirding me out. It's only a matter of being used to something.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I said that on a comical note, but it probably lacked a smiley.

It's weird not because it's Medli, but because it's not Médolie. Which I'm used to.

It's exactly the same problem with Midna and Zant: I'm not one who will defend hardly the japanese name, but what is the point of removing in those names the O? Midona, Medori (R is somewhat pronounced L in Japan), Zanto...

While in Midna's case, it's based on "midnight", Medli in english kinda lose the Melody pun.

On the other hand, Fi only change how it's written but not how it's said: Fi, Fai (japanese) and Fay (french). And there's cases where the name change completely such as Chancellor Cole.

But those missing letters are really weirding me out. It's only a matter of being used to something.
Given the community we are apart of, I'm sure you can understand why I thought it was a serious remark...(a community that still thinks Lucario is a Mewtwo clone mind you)

I'm sitting here on the other end of the spectrum thinking the extra vowels are weird...

Medli is still a reference to an english musical term so it still makes sense to me...where as Medolie sounds a bit dyslexic compared to Melody to me...

And I am very glad madonna midona isn't her english name btw...

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, Mélodie is french for Melody. So it's kinda natural that Medori became Médolie for French people: we keep the pun in french while not altering the original pronounciation.

And of course, Medli still makes sense; but I just wonder where is the point of removing a small part of the name. Especially when you can keep the original wordplay.

On the other hand I'm glad that we don't have Midna in French :awesome:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I got the game last Saturday, and I have to say while I do like it, it has gotten really frustrating of late, and I need help . I got to Chapter 3, and I can't get past the Deku Tree. What I mean is that I get the Great Fairy to extinguish the fires, and I think the tree is saved, but no, it burns down anyways, and I lose. Worse, this is on EASY mode, I shudder to think how much more difficult this is on the actual hard mode. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I apologize for screwing up the method of spoilers, I tried everything to keep this as covered up as possible so as not to ruin anything, and it still wouldn't work. I'm sick of screwing up....

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I got the game last Saturday, and I have to say while I do like it, it has gotten really frustrating of late, and I need help . I got to Chapter 3, and I can't get past the Deku Tree. What I mean is that I get the Great Fairy to extinguish the fires, and I think the tree is saved, but no, it burns down anyways, and I lose. Worse, this is on EASY mode, I shudder to think how much more difficult this is on the actual hard mode. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I apologize for screwing up the method of spoilers, I tried everything to keep this as covered up as possible so as not to ruin anything, and it still wouldn't work. I'm sick of screwing up....
[*SPOILER*]<insert text here>[/*SPOILER*]
Remove all *

Anyway did you make sure you take out any forces attacking the tree? Sometimes you'll have Raid Captains or enemy Commanders who'll try to take the keep and if you don't deal with them they'll diminish the Keep's 'health'...

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ahh Legends is so fun
I loved the original, so Legends was my $40 excuse to start over ;w;
And now i can have it everywhere i goooooo~<3
Can't wait for Marin to be released, I loved Awakening~

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Just for your information, the "boss" colors ARE on the 3DS version!

I don't know how to unlock it, but it's good to have them. Ganondorf and Zelda's colors were really awesome.

(screenshot not by me, and for some reasons rotated, but you get the idea).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My guess is they're available through all these new Rewards Map, given there's much more Golden Skulltulas in Legends than Wii U.

There's also a really amusing typo that labels Fi's Master Quest costume as "Boss," at least in the NA version.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, considering that I just got Zelda's costume on a reward map... It's on the boss rush mission and it's HARD, as you need an A rank.

I even managed to get a bug where, if you attack Ganon too much without breaking his gloves and horns first, you'll get an infinite bullet time...

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Well, considering that I just got Zelda's costume on a reward map... It's on the boss rush mission and it's HARD, as you need an A rank.

I even managed to get a bug where, if you attack Ganon too much without breaking his gloves and horns first, you'll get an infinite bullet time...
Thanks for this, Boss Rush was the one Rewards Map I hoped wouldn't have a costume this time around, but it's good for me to know that Ganondorf's Boss Pack costume is not on that map.

Also, Legends is totes fun! I've been using Ganondorf, teamed up with Wizzro and/or Zant when awailable, and they wreck everything!

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Just for your information, the "boss" colors ARE on the 3DS version!

I don't know how to unlock it, but it's good to have them. Ganondorf and Zelda's colors were really awesome.

(screenshot not by me, and for some reasons rotated, but you get the idea).

this Costume's is from Ganon's Fury isn't it? I'm trying to do that right now specifically for this costume(Normal Hyrule Warriors because I didn't feel like starting over on Legends) and its a struggle thats for sure. I either die before I finish a mission or I don't finish it in time. Which mission is tit to get that?

Edit: Got the Costume,nvm ^^

The new characters are pretty fun though. Linkle's my Highest Leveled Character,sitting pretty at 233. everyone else is lagging behind because I didn't bother using em too much.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
By trial and error, and some help by a friend, I now know which Reward Map mission has a costume and which don't:

True Partners: Link (Dark Link: Wii U Season Pass costume)
Boss Rush: Zelda (Argorok colors: Boss Pack recolors, I heard this is where Zelda's Boss pack costume lies)
Scattered Seeds: Lana (King Dodongo colors: Boss Pack recolors)
Evil Power: Cia (Manhandla colors: Boss Pack recolors)
Rulers of Twilight: Ganondorf (Gohma colors: Boss Pack recolors, figured out through process of elimination)
The Giants Gather: Link (Ganon colors: Boss Pack recolors)

Running to the Rescue, Unity, and Chosen by Fate does not have any costume rewards.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
I hate to sound like a broken record, but my Bundle code offer is still open! In fact, there are two more codes up for grabs now! I would really like to get the Character Transfer code for Hyrule Warriors, but will gladly negotiate. Please see my thread if you are interested!

Folt

Smash Ace
So about 6 days left in which I have to get all Gold Skulltulas, A Rank all Reward Maps, and get all the Fairy clothes.

Challenge accepted!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
All the costumes from the Master Wind Waker are known and strangely, there's only 16 costumes, so some characters are simply left without rewards.

Link - King of Red Lions

Sheik - ??? (appears reddish and greenish here, but is in fact Pink and Cyan in game)

Lana - Aryll

Zelda - Tetra

Darunia - Wind Waker Deku Tree

Ruto - Quill (not really visible here, but there's also a blue line at the bottom of her dress, like Quill's clothes)

Midna - ???

Fi - Tetra

Ghirahim - Helmaroc King

Cia - Aryll (Pirate dress)

Volga - ???

Twili Midna - Sue Belle

Tingle - Ankle

Toon Link - Niko

Tetra - Toon Zelda

Hyrule King - Gonzo

There's some weird choices and color here, honestly. I hope it's only because it's the Master WW pack, and therefore some sort of "extension" of the WW map.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
All the costumes from the Master Wind Waker are known and strangely, there's only 16 costumes, so some characters are simply left without rewards.

Link - King of Red Lions

Sheik - Oracle Impa

Lana - Aryll

Zelda - Tetra

Darunia - Wind Waker Deku Tree

Ruto - Quill (not really visible here, but there's also a blue line at the bottom of her dress, like Quill's clothes)

Midna - ???

Fi - Tetra

Ghirahim - Helmaroc King

Cia - Aryll (Pirate dress)

Volga - ???

Twili Midna - Sue Belle

Tingle - Ankle

Toon Link - Niko

Tetra - Toon Zelda

Hyrule King - Gonzo

There's some weird choices and color here, honestly. I hope it's only because it's the Master WW pack, and therefore some sort of "extension" of the WW map.
Woah, these are some nice costumes. I really like Volga's and Tetra's. Weird there's only 16, I hope that's just for this map and we get a full set of costumes on the Koholint Island map.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Volga is weird, but it's nice seeing other colors for him. And I do hope that it's only this map.

Edit: Also, I don't know what is Sheik's costume in the end. I unlocked it and it appears differently In Game compared to the screen I posted above.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Woah, these are some nice costumes. I really like Volga's and Tetra's. Weird there's only 16, I hope that's just for this map and we get a full set of costumes on the Koholint Island map.
We might not get full sets of costumes for all base characters anymore. (I bet some characters who got costumes for this DLC will have to sit out in the future ones.)

Hopefully, the 8-bit weapons will return in future DLCs to give us some different rewards other than costumes, as that is my only disappointment in regards to the MWW DLC. Everything else about it was cool. Even the Endless Night Rules (helps that "Don't get hit!" is not among that ruleset, instead being part of the other ruleset where you can make it go away temporarily).

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So what all can Wii U hyrule warriors get in terms of the 4 new characters, maps etc.

Haven't been paying attention to the game much cause I keep getting burned out and leveling beast ganon without rupees made me stop playing for a bit.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Is that a question?

Anyway, I'll answer it, the WiiU can get only the new characters and weapons.

-Legends new characters + Ganondorf's Trident, through the 3DS game code, or a DLC that is coming later.

-Medli as a free DLC.

+A season pass including the L'sA, PH/ST and ALBW packs, so:
-Link's Awakening Pack: Marin + a weapon for Linkle
-Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks pack: A new character + a weapon for Toon Link
-A Link Between Worlds Pack: 2 new characters.

New adventure maps, costumes, fairy costumes and skulltulas missions are for the 3DS only, hence the fact that there's no Master Wind Waker pack on WiiU.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
Recently I've been playing as Medli and I think she's tons of fun!
I really hope I'll get Hyrule Warriors Legend soon so that I can play as the other characters and use the new features.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Link's Awakening Pack is coming next week guys, June 30!

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda-3ds/update_dlc2.htm
https://www.facebook.com/LegendofZeldaFrance/videos/709335699204571/ (french video, is not yet on Youtube for some reasons).

Marine fights with the Sea Lily's bell, seen in an artwork.

Linkle's weapon are the Pegasus Boots, lightning element.

We will have to get Marine's weapons, and a new kinf of weapons, level 4+ will appear.

There will be 16 new costumes again, so some characters won't get one.

There will also be a level cap increase, going up to 150, like they did on WiiU with the Twilight Princess Pack.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
That White costume for Link looks great, I wonder what it will look like in-game .o.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That White costume for Link looks great, I wonder what it will look like in-game .o.
The costumes looks great so far (except Skull Kid, but it's way better than his WW color), but I really have a hard time seeing the references.

Well, except Link. I'm sure that he is colored after the original Gameboy.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Only one question I ask of these DLC.
Do I need to drop more money for them since boss rush era. Y/N

If yes, I'm probably never coming back to this grindfest of a game sadly. If no, I'll come back eventually to try medli linkle king of red lions WW link etc.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, Medli is free on WiiU, so you can give her a try. But you have to pay for the rest.

I agree that for WiiU, these characters are intersting only if you haven't finished the game yet. Or love playing with a friend.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When do Linkle, Skull Kid and the like come out for the Wii U anyways?

Top Bottom