• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hah! I'm on the opposite end of that from you then; I've always been a fan of Twili Midna, so I was pretty excited.

That, and in terms of her moveset, I've found her attacks, and her special bar whatchamacalit to be absolutely ridiculous. Especially her special bar thingy, which kills things ridiculously dead no matter WHAT they are.

And her standard combo is great for racking up kills, especially since it pulls everything around you to the front.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hah! I'm on the opposite end of that from you then; I've always been a fan of Twili Midna, so I was pretty excited.

That, and in terms of her moveset, I've found her attacks, and her special bar whatchamacalit to be absolutely ridiculous. Especially her special bar thingy, which kills things ridiculously dead no matter WHAT they are.

And her standard combo is great for racking up kills, especially since it pulls everything around you to the front.
Yeah, maybe I also find her too powerful with that bar too :p Considering that my favorite moveset is Agitha's one...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So far, my strongest warrior is Link, and he's also the only warrior in my arsenal to have a triple digit level right now. My second strongest warrior is Zelda, followed by Lana, Zant, and Impa.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Twili Midna is the most overpowered thing I've seen in a DW game for a long time.

I think my strongest characters are Zelda and Volga at like, 102 and 100 respectively.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Getting Evil's Bane can take a long butt of a time to do indeed, but got it down myself last month. Doing C3s now is just basically being a lawnmower to anything in your path. But aside from using Link, I find Wizzro quite interesting to play. He's really good at destroying that Weak Point Bar like its made of butter and his dark-based lasers are pretty cool to use. Volga and Twili Midna are like garbage disposal against armies. Nearly nothing can really stop them in their tracks once they start moving (Light Cannons and Dragon Dives, good lord...).

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Man, Volga was a monster with his Level 1 weapon. Once I got his level 3 and a decent version of it, holy ****.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE VOLGA ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I'm finishing up Adventure Mode hopefully today. Will post pics when doen!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've almost A-ranked every battle in Adventure Mode. I still have a couple more battles to complete though, and some of them might require me to equip my warriors with a weapon that has the Legendary skill. Two of Ganondorf's challenge battles come to mind in that situation, which includes the battle where he must defeat Ganon, Gohma, and King Dodongo within 10 minutes, along with that defeat all enemies battle that pits you against three The Imprisoned (two small and one big) right off the bat.

1000 enemies within 10 minutes will also be a challenge, but since Link's level is way over 140+, and I have the "true" Master Sword unlocked, I'm hoping that that'll be enough to conquer that battle with an A-ranking.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
So I'm over 75% complete on the MQ map, and I've got everyone's lvl 3 weapons. I've been having an easy enough time with most of it, and most of my characters are in their 60s, with a few still in the 50s. I can't imagine what they'll be like in the 100s. Link ismy highest at 85, and he really feels OP when I use him on the MQ map.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah; it seems insane to imagine my Twili Midna, who's super OP as is, will eventually get almost 60 more levels.

And then there's Volga, who feels almost as OP, and still has 90+ levels to go. Jeez.

Although the Twilight Map is apparently some bull****, so I'm holding off even trying anymore than the first square til I 100% Adventure, Rewards and MQ.

Amazing how much there is to do in this game. Most satisfying DLC I've EVER payed for.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Twilight Map completed and A ranked, I highly recommend teaming up with multiplayer if at all possible.
>friends
Urggggggggggg
Why doesn't this game have online.

Only accomplishment I did all of yesterday from 14 hours of playing was get A's on like 3 squares I had B's on. Other hours spent on getting 5 characters to 120 from 100-106, so now I have 7 left.
So I'm over 75% complete on the MQ map, and I've got everyone's lvl 3 weapons. I've been having an easy enough time with most of it, and most of my characters are in their 60s, with a few still in the 50s. I can't imagine what they'll be like in the 100s. Link ismy highest at 85, and he really feels OP when I use him on the MQ map.
if your highest is 85, good luck with TP lol

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So... I tried the Kill 1000 enemies in 10 minutes or less mission on the Master Quest map, with a lvl 9 Twili Midna and her lvl 2 mirror.

... The fact that I managed to finish this is baffling.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well to be fair Twili midna AOE is great fairy basically, and you have to kill 0 bosses. Fodder dies if you breathe on em so I wouldn't really say surprising.

I'll say surprising if somebody actually managed to A that map with Agitha.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, I finally got down to the very bottom left corner space of the MQ map, and found the absolute best way to grind via KO Count mission, which I think is the same one @ Sinister Slush Sinister Slush was talking about a couple pages back.

And, wouldn't you know, my gamepad charging cable broke, so I'm forced to use a Wiimote+Chuck (which is by far my least favorite control scheme for a game ever. Seriously, it makes this game 100x more difficult...) Fortunately, all it takes to grind with Link is hit Focus Spirit and spam spin attack. Like holy **** it works so well.

I tried grinding a bit with Ghirahim, but being unable to actually do my combos right is making killing the Manhandlas too time consuming. So I think I'll just sit down and grind Link to 150 while I'm forced to use the Wiichuck. Went from 79 to 108 in the past couple hours with several breaks, so let's see where I end up in a few more.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I used to play Brawl with Wiimote, I could even DACUS with Sheik on it.

Doing my last Adventure Map square nao

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, I got Link to 150. It took so many hours, but it's done.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've managed to A-rank the 1000 enemies within 10 minutes challenge battle, and have even begun to hunt down the extra Gold Skulltulas in Legend Mode.

For those who are confused about the extra Gold Skulltula at the Ganondorf's Return scenario, you basically have to take the target keeps first. Once that mission is done, you can then hunt down all the Lizalfos' and Aeralfos'. Be sure to take out two giant bosses as well. The Gold Skulltula will be inside the southeastern prison.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've managed to A-rank the 1000 enemies within 10 minutes challenge battle, and have even begun to hunt down the extra Gold Skulltulas in Legend Mode.

Actually doing that as we speak. Figured I should get that Goron Tunic sooner or later, and all these skulltulas and heart containers are just sitting there taunting me.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I should do the skulltulas as well.

But right now, I discovered that Wizzro's lvl 3 weapon is absurdly easy to get.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For further evidence that I've completed that 1000 enemies within 10 minutes battle...

For those who are having trouble, level up Link to a very high level, and have the Evil's Bane skill unlocked for the Master Sword. Utilize Spin Attack often against the Stalchildren, and don't be afraid to go after Ganondorf when he shows up; he hates the Master Sword.

As for the swarms of The Imprisoned, you just have to avoid taking more than 25 hearts of damage, and you'll still have an opportunity for an A-ranking.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That one was annoying, I A-Ranked it with Zelda personally.
Amusingly, I A-ranked that battle on my very first attempt. Link's level was over 140 when I did it, however, and I waited until I had the Evil's Bane skill unlocked for the Master Sword.

Sadly, while it was easy for Link, I heavily dread having to do that challenge battle with Agitha.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Amusingly, I A-ranked that battle on my very first attempt. Link's level was over 140 when I did it, however, and I waited until I had the Evil's Bane skill unlocked for the Master Sword.

Sadly, while it was easy for Link, I heavily dread having to do that challenge battle with Agitha.
Enjoy, the enemies stop respawning at some point too, which makes it FUN

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Enjoy, the enemies stop respawning at some point too, which makes it FUN
Depends on your definition of fun. At least an A-rank is not required for Agitha to get her Heart Container, but since her level is in the 60's on my end, that's too underleveled for this kind of challenge.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Interesting, because I did struggle getting Agitha's level 3 weapon, even after raising her level to 60+; the BBY combo is not fool-proof against the enemy captains, especially when they're ganging up on you.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Interesting, because I did struggle getting Agitha's level 3 weapon, even after raising her level to 60+; the BBY combo is not fool-proof against the enemy captains, especially when they're ganging up on you.
One word: First strong attack wait that's three words.

It destroys enemies weak point gauge, you can follow up with the third and fourth strong attack, and you can juggle with it.

It doesn't work that well against the playable characters, as they can recover, but it destroys the monsters.

BY > BBBY > butterfly of doom and cuteness.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Link with Great Fairy I A ranked easily. Only problem with that 4 imprisoned map was just trying to finish it with Agitha.
Think I posted it before but that map and something else on adventure mode are the only two times I ever got a C rank.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Link's level has been maxed out now on my end.

Also, while I was working on getting the Hard difficulty Gold Skulltulas from Legend Mode, I did run into a brick wall for a while with the scenario, The Sorceress of the Woods. Because Link's level was so high, every time he fully depleted Gohma's weak point gauge, he kills Gohma, regardless of how weak his Fire Rod was. That required me to be more careful with trying to meet the requirements for making the Gold Skulltula pop up.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Played a lot of this game over the weekend. Still have a ways to go to unlock everything, but I felt like I made some progress.

Have maybe 10-15 missions to still complete in adventure mode, and still need to replay some to A-rank and get weapons. I feel like some of these A-rank or "Second Skulltula" challenges are impossible, or I'm just really bad. Guess I need to focus on guarding more, since it always seems to be the "Damage Taken" category that knocks me down to B-rank.

Still haven't done much of the Master Quest map, but I kinda want to do it just to get the costumes, then go back to get the rest of the stuff in adventure mode. Haven't touched Twilight yet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I might be pretty stupid or something, but for the longest time I didn't even realize there was a guard mechanic. And I still think I've NEVER used it. Hmm.

Also, got Cia to 100 last night because spamming BYYY (or YXXX if you're using Warriors controls) is so ****ing fun and easy.

But, I'm gonna take a break from her and get certain necessary characters to 100 before I start pushing more than Link to 150. Gotta get people like Zelda and Dorf leveled up because there's still tons of missions in MQ for them, especially Zelda my god.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
I surpisingly got Lana's lvl3 Summoning Gate pretty easily, following some advices I read here and there!
Now I need lvl3 great fairy, Zant's, Ghirahim's, Agitha's and Darunia's, and complete the map in A-rank.
Then complete MQ, TP and future MM maps.
Gosh there is so much to do, I love this game :)

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
I surpisingly got Lana's lvl3 Summoning Gate pretty easily, following some advices I read here and there!
Now I need lvl3 great fairy, Zant's, Ghirahim's, Agitha's and Darunia's, and complete the map in A-rank.
Then complete MQ, TP and future MM maps.
Gosh there is so much to do, I love this game :)
There really is a staggering amount of content. I did most of Legend mode and thought I had done a lot of the game.

Nope.

Not gonna lie, it's a little overwhelming, cause I want to get all the things, but I have other games to play too! First world gamer problems.

Top Bottom