• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
I am also quite confident that we'll get Skull Kid, but I'm not at all sure about Tingle. I just don't see him fighting, but instead maybe another odd costume for Link. But then again, Agitha neatly destroys that argument. And I can also see Fierce Deity going either way.

My personal want, though... would be to get Skull Kid and some kind of deku scrub character. I'm dying a little inside that we dont have that race in the game at all. Also, it would be cool if we got some reference to Gaepora.
It's just odd that Tingle hasn't already made an appearance in the game, not even a reference.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So far, the only reference to Majora's Mask is the Moon, if I'm correct.

Tingle... A Tingle costume can happen for Link (because only Link and Zelda have costumes), but playable seems more appropriate.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I'm now down to just 5 more level 3 weapons to get, after getting Impa's level 3 weapons today and yesterday. That now leaves me with Sheik, Agitha, Midna, and Fi, along with Lana's level 3 Summoning Gate.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've still never bothered to get Link's Great Fairy level 2. I hate that weapon so much. I'll have to get it eventually obviously for the Master Sword thing, so it's on my to-do list, but ugh.

What I have left: Link's level 2+3 Great Fairies, Agitha's 3, Fi's 3 and Lana's Gate 3.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Right now my main problem is the TP maps with enemies that're hitting for 4-15+ hearts along with them not wanting to die easily despite everyone but agitha on my team being over level 100.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Fortunately, you're not required to use the Great Fairy to get the level 2 Great Fairy weapon. It's when you're getting the level 3 Great Fairy weapon, where you have no choice but to use the Great Fairy.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I find the Great Fairy... Great, IMO. It's hard to use, but the size of her attacks are ridiculous. I love her bomb attack.

About level 3 weapons, I just have the Great Fairy, Sheik's harp and Lana's Portal left. I may have rushed the game a bit, considering I got it for christmas.

Oh and about Majora's Mask references, we forgot the badges, where there's the Fierce Deity mask, the Mirror shield, the Great fairy Sword and the Razor Sword.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The trick to Great Fairy is well-placed Levias summons. The kick at the end of her regular combo is pretty strong too.
The irony, however, is that the battles where you get the level 2 and level 3 Great Fairy weapons involve taking enemy keeps. As such, the enemy captains in those battles are heavily resilient, even to the Great Fairy's attacks.

When I got the level 3 Great Fairy, because I was forced to use the Great Fairy weapon, I pretty much had to go for the enemy keeps, and ignore all the Fortifier Captains and Siege Captains that popped up. Even at level 100+, the enemy captains were too resilient to take out quickly.

At least the battle that gives you the level 2 Great Fairy weapon gives you weapon options. That way, even after you get the weapon, you can come back to the battle to increase Link's experience more, and grind for materials, rupees, and better dropped weapons.

Overall, the Great Fairy is probably one of the hardest weapons to use right, simply because she's huge, and her hitboxes are very unorthodox. The Gauntlets, however, are pretty fun to use.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Wow. I'm apparently very lucky that I main Sheik, because I would probably have failed epically on her mission if I didn't know how to use her. I didn't actually think Fi's was that hard. It only took me 2 tries. I'm actually okay with using Fi. I like the way she plays.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just managed to get all those weapons last night; the Great Fairy isn't as horrible as I remembered it, but I'm still not a fan of how gigantic and slow you are.

Pretty much makes you a big target.

Now I can start unlocking the Master Sword, and then all the other weapons, so that's good. And then pretty soon I can focus 100% on the Master Quest map.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The hardest level 3 weapons for me was Lana summoning gate, I think Zant solely cause manhandler stalks hitting me when I clearly dodge em and moblins are ******s, then Agitha cause she's agitha.

When people were saying how hard Darunia's was a few pages back it only took me like three tries to get it. And Darunia is my 2nd or 3rd least played character so he was only around level 60 maybe when I did it.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
To me Agitha was one of the easiest... But that's probably because it's the character I use the most.

Darunia is the character I play the least, and yet I found his lvl 3 weapon easy as well.

But Zant... I may play him, but his lvl 3 weapon was a pain.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I managed to do Ghirahim's level 3 with him at like level 35. His was super easy.

I wish I played Agitha more, just because hers was fairly annoying. I'd like to be more confident in her missions.

Darunia's gave me a lot of trouble, and he's one of my mains, so it was pretty irritating. Several tries for that one...

Honestly found Lana's level 3 Gate significantly easier than the level 2. Why was the level 2 so ****ing annoying?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Honestly found Lana's level 3 Gate significantly easier than the level 2. Why was the level 2 so ****ing annoying?
I have yet to try Lana's Lvl 3 gate, but the lvl 2 is a combination of bad things: a vulnerable base, with lots of attacks against it, and you have to be really careful about what you kill. And Cia who attacks one commander if kill the other one.

I personally did it by killing one captain, doing various kills to protect the base, kill the other captain, lure one commander, kill him in my base. All that to delay Cia's attack.

I wanted do it with Lana's Book, but the Gate's fire affinity helped me a lot.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I somehow managed to get Ganon's Fang from one of the Network Link battles today.

However, it appears that only a few of Link's level 3 badges require it; apparently, I need to get hold of King Dodongo's Crystal, as I don't think I've collected it yet.

As for Lana's level 2 Summoning Gate, you pretty much have to use the Summoning Gate weapon to have any chance of an A-rank. However, you want to take out the enemy captain before the rogue forces captain, so that way, the Icy Big Poe commander will leave its enemy base after you take out the rogue forces captain.

The enemy base is protected by a fire barrier, so by dragging the enemy commander out of its base, you won't ever have to go there; you would've needed a Fire Fairy to remove the barrier, but its location is at a bad area, which makes it very tough to get back to the allied base whenever it's under attack.

In terms of the Gold Skulltulas, they're located at the northeast part of the map, and you'll need to use the Hookshot to get to them.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Link needs like three ganon's fangs. That's it.
Also I already did everything. 100% regular adventure map and MQ, so don't rly need advice anymore lol

Right now just suffering from TP map.

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
The irony, however, is that the battles where you get the level 2 and level 3 Great Fairy weapons involve taking enemy keeps. As such, the enemy captains in those battles are heavily resilient, even to the Great Fairy's attacks.

When I got the level 3 Great Fairy, because I was forced to use the Great Fairy weapon, I pretty much had to go for the enemy keeps, and ignore all the Fortifier Captains and Siege Captains that popped up. Even at level 100+, the enemy captains were too resilient to take out quickly.

At least the battle that gives you the level 2 Great Fairy weapon gives you weapon options. That way, even after you get the weapon, you can come back to the battle to increase Link's experience more, and grind for materials, rupees, and better dropped weapons.

Overall, the Great Fairy is probably one of the hardest weapons to use right, simply because she's huge, and her hitboxes are very unorthodox. The Gauntlets, however, are pretty fun to use.
Great Fairy is pretty garbage if you can't defeat the enemies quickly immediately, yeah.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Agitha's level 3 weapon is now mine, though it was quite a tough one to get.

This was my second try, since I took way too much damage on my first attempt.

Also, for those who are trying to get Ganondorf to appear in the gallery, it appears that the following battle has to be completed.

LordCarlisle

Smash Cadet
NNID
thedivinity
It's just odd that Tingle hasn't already made an appearance in the game, not even a reference.
Which I'm perfectly fine with. I'd much rather have the Happy Mask Salesman. He was more plot-centric then Tingle, is less despised, and a moveset revolving around masks seems better than anything Tingle could do.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Which I'm perfectly fine with. I'd much rather have the Happy Mask Salesman. He was more plot-centric then Tingle, is less despised, and a moveset revolving around masks seems better than anything Tingle could do.
Regardless

"[Tingle is] Popular enough in Japan and part of Europe to get his own games, but loathed enough in North America and the rest of Europe to have only four other roles in main games following his first appearance in Majora's Mask: Oracle of Ages, The Wind Waker, Four Swords, and The Minish Cap. Note that that still gives him way more appearances than nearly anyone not named Link, Zelda, or Ganon."

Personally, I find Tingle amusing, he's such a creep.

Tingle IRL

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sheik's level 3 weapon is now mine, but I have ran into a brick wall with Lana's level 3 Summoning Gate. The enemy captains in that battle are so strong and resilient that I end up losing over a full heart from their attacks. And since the Summoning Gate is quite slow, that leaves Lana very vulnerable.

Level 70 apparently won't cut it, so I'm back to leveling up Lana even more before trying again.

LordCarlisle

Smash Cadet
NNID
thedivinity
The Summoning Gate is so terrible. Lana with the Summoning Gate is a contender for worst fighting moveset in the game. As if the virtually nonexistent range with the string combo weren't bad enough, the attacks that come out of your combos are at random.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
The Summoning Gate is so terrible. Lana with the Summoning Gate is a contender for worst fighting moveset in the game. As if the virtually nonexistent range with the string combo weren't bad enough, the attacks that come out of your combos are at random.
There's just a bit of a learning curve. Always start with a strong attack then use the corresponding combo to launch an empowered summon. The regular attack should not be your primary damage output, although the first strike is decent for picking off exposed weaknesses.

Here's some more tips:
- Many of the summoning/dancing animations can be cancelled early with a dodge without halting your attack.
- You can immediately drop another strong attack summon after completing a combo summon, they exist simultaneously.
- The empowered Argorok (riding) is devastating, it can also be ended manually with a strong attack which nukes a group of enemies in front with a fireball. This attack also makes Lana invincible for the duration and focus spirit will not end until after she dismounts even if the magic meter has fully depleted.
- Dodongo (1), Manhandla (2) and Gohma (3) combos have simple timing, but Argorok (4) is awkward, remember to strong attack while the two portals are coming together and it should work.
- Try to maintain your distance against tough opponents and be sure your back is not vulnerable while in the middle of a summoning animation.
- Non-empowered combos have niches as well as being reliable.

The only random element is your basic strong attack. You could follow through with whatever you're given or perhaps shuffle for empowered Argoroks, it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Finnally have all weapons on the first map!

Lana's LV 3 portal is tough, but I managed to do it at lvl 52. Having a skill that boost Argorok was clearly a huge plus.

What I did was damaging the monsters coming at me at the beginning, I went for Ghirahim when he reached Sheik. Then I defended the base, where a Salamandile was, the other Salamandile and Impa came at me. I had around 1000 KOs and 5 minutes left to kill Link.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Finnally have all weapons on the first map!

Lana's LV 3 portal is tough, but I managed to do it at lvl 52. Having a skill that boost Argorok was clearly a huge plus.

What I did was damaging the monsters coming at me at the beginning, I went for Ghirahim when he reached Sheik. Then I defended the base, where a Salamandile was, the other Salamandile and Impa came at me. I had around 1000 KOs and 5 minutes left to kill Link.
Level 52?! I have Lana at level 70+, and yet I still had problems just trying to take out the enemy captains quickly. By the time I get to Link, he takes so long to defeat that I end up failing the 15-minute requirement for the A-rank; the enemy captains themselves are heavily resilient, which further adds to the problem. Even the 1200 KO requirement was annoying to do.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Level 52?! I have Lana at level 70+, and yet I still had problems just trying to take out the enemy captains quickly. By the time I get to Link, he takes so long to defeat that I end up failing the 15-minute requirement for the A-rank; the enemy captains themselves are heavily resilient, which further adds to the problem. Even the 1200 KO requirement was annoying to do.
Empowered Argorok spam :awesome: Again, my weapon boosted Argorok damages as well, so it helped me a lot, I was really surprised by the damages.

The kos can be annoying, but there should be enough enemies in the Link's base to kill around 200-300. That's what happened personnaly.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic : Yeah I had less than 1200 KOs, prior to reaching the enemy base; I was only able to make the 1200 KO requirement while dealing with Link.

As for the Argorok spam, because the creature that you summon with the Strong Attack is always random, you're not always going to get Argorok. I'm probably guessing that your weapon had the Strong Attack boosting ability when you got the level 3 Summoning Gate.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
@ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic : Yeah I had less than 1200 KOs, prior to reaching the enemy base; I was only able to make the 1200 KO requirement while dealing with Link.

As for the Argorok spam, because the creature that you summon with the Strong Attack is always random, you're not always going to get Argorok. I'm probably guessing that your weapon had the Strong Attack boosting ability when you got the level 3 Summoning Gate.
Well, it was my lvl 2 gate that had the strong attack 5 boost.
For the argorok spam, I counted on luck. Obviously, I wasn't using only this, mainly Argorok and Manhandla. Non empowered Gohma wasn't bad against Link, too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Whatever works, I'll eventually return to that battle after leveling up Lana more. After the level 3 Summoning Gate, all that I have left to do is get Midna's and Fi's level 3 weapons, and then I can finally work on unlocking the Master Sword's ability.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Honestly, despite the behavior of enemies, luck is important. For the lvl 3 Great Fairy for example, I almost did it on the first try, yet I had serious troubles doing it afterwards.

If I recall well, Midna's and Fi's lvl 3 are fairly easy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Honestly, despite the behavior of enemies, luck is important. For the lvl 3 Great Fairy for example, I almost did it on the first try, yet I had serious troubles doing it afterwards.

If I recall well, Midna's and Fi's lvl 3 are fairly easy.
I hope that you're right about Midna and Fi. As for the level 3 Great Fairy, Link's level was over 100 when I did that battle, but taking the keeps was the top priority, as the enemy captains were very resilient, and time killers because of it.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Hi, I'm new here and have a general question.

I kinda did a bum rush through this game and cleared all the scenarios in story mode, a bunch of the adventure map, etc. But now I want to try and go back through and unlock most things. I still have to finish the Adventure Map, and I haven't even started the Master Quest or Twilight map. I also still have several skulltulas to get at various spots in the game.

What is the most effecient way to go about unlocking things? I feel like I never make much progress in Adventure mode because I try and get everything the first go, and usually fail. For example, Agitha is tremendously underpowered for me right now. I only have her first level weapon at 80 power. So it's nigh impossible to beat some of the maps that require her to get heart pieces.

Should I just use Link (definitely my strongest character) to clear as many maps as I can, build up rupees, level up other characters, and then try for the rewards on each tile? I enjoy playing as other characters than Link, but he is by far the most efficient way for me to beat a map in a reasonable amount of time.

But in general, I really love this game a lot more than I thought I would when reading about it! It's mad fun.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
First of all, I'd start with Legend Mode first, and then head to Adventure Mode.

Anyway, I now have Lana's level 3 Summoning Gate, after level her up to level 80, along with using the SP Replenishing mixture. Midna and Fi are all that's left now.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I hope that you're right about Midna and Fi. As for the level 3 Great Fairy, Link's level was over 100 when I did that battle, but taking the keeps was the top priority, as the enemy captains were very resilient, and time killers because of it.
I... Actually did it at level 60. I must be lucky. Personally, I did some damages to the captains, without killing them. I knew that the NPCs would be able to finish them.

By the way, Agitha is so far my strongest character, at lvl 66.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My strongest character is actually Twili Midna by far. She's so incredibly good and so much fun. She's at 89 and Link is next highest at 77; I've got a bunch between 50-65, but yeah, Twili Midna...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Somehow, I don't really like playing Twili Midna. Sure, she is strong, but I don't really have fun playing her. I don't know why.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
She's all AOE. She's great fairy but regular sized.
If you don't find Great fairy fun then we found the problem for not liking Twili Midna.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The thing is: I love the Great Fairy.

The characters I don't really enjoy playing are Volga, Twili Midna and Darunia. I'm also not a fan of Lana's spear.
I don't despise them, but I don't enjoy them as much as Zelda (Rapier and Dominion Rod), Agitha, Zant, Midna and the Great Fairy.

I guess it's simply because I tend to like the moveset of characters I like, and I've never been of fan of Midna's real form. Or, should I say, Twili Midna's popularity (prior to HW).

Top Bottom