• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Legend mode as vanilla characters/default weapons always makes them seem weak (save for Link + Master Sword).
Midna's crazy after unlocking her Lv. 3, or even Lv. 2 weapon.
Trying to get to Midna's Lv. 3 is what made me stop playing this game (for now). It's surrounded by missions that require characters I don't play and are hence underleveled.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Out of interest, can anyone tell me how the spinner fares in comparison with Link's other weapons please? I only just got it and from the looks of thing, I think it has a lot of potential.
The weapon is very good. But it's a little like Fi's one. It's one of the most mobile while attacking weapons in the game. With a high character level the weapon will rock. But at a lower character level you might hit things and not kill them before you move in cause you're moving so fast. it's not as bad as FI's weapon in this respect. Not my favourite Link weapon ever but it is nice.
Midna's crazy after unlocking her Lv. 3, or even Lv. 2 weapon.
Midna is a love it or hate it character. I hate Midna and only use it when the game forces me to. I think it just does not do enough damage and it's combos are not good. But others love her. Each person is different I guess.
You can level your characters with rupees in the dojo.
This is the main way to level alt characters once your main is levelled.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I finally beat Agitha's level three (by leveling her to level 80). Only have Darunia, Ruto, and the Summoning Gate left.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Some of the TP map tiles can be quite difficult to achieve A rank in, I might have to grind most characters close to 150 for decent damage output. Even at level 100 with 5 star legendary unlocked weapons, such is barely acceptable.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I played around 70+ hours since I started posting in here, bottom right tiles for adventure map still struggling on cause agitha and darunia suck.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Darunia's BBBY is his most spammable attack. BBBBY is good for a focused attack on tougher foes. BBBBBY is powerful, although obviously slow to set up.

Agitha is definitely a pain to play as sometimes, just remember that you can avoid jumping onto the golden butterfly by tapping B rather than Y after combo attacks which summon it. If you do end up on the butterfly, then be sure to press Y rather than B, the B attacks are too slow, weak and clunky. BBY is surprisingly spammable since you can immediately dodge out as soon as the big circle appears on the ground.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The three adventure modes in the bottom right I'm having trouble with for now until I move onto top left/right to get me ****ed even more is Darunia can't get in on wizzro spamming **** everywhere while volga is ****** his ass too. Then agitha is agitha, she can't kill volga/imprisoned worth **** too even if she's 55+

Third one is zant but I had a problem with my ghirahim level 62 I believe, so no way my 53 Zant could do that one.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well I've gotten back to trying to get Darunia's level 3 weapon. I leveled him up to 60, but that didn't do the job at all.

A couple Miiverse users pointed out that you should only focus on taking the enemy keeps, but when you've got powerful and very resilient enemy captains trying to take away your own keeps, you just can't take the enemy keeps without putting your Allied Base at risk.

Basically, the enemy captains are way too strong for your own forces to contain, so you're often forced to have to take them down yourself. And as such, this takes a toll on your time.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This is why I posted earlier how I laughed that Ganondorf always gets killed by your faceless/nameless forces. You should only ever fight him or Zelda if they're directly attack your base/in your path. Other than that you have to adopt a completely hit-and-run style.

As for things like Siege/Fortifier Captains, or enemies preparing to "storm the base," drop whatever you're doing and deal with them before the situation escalates. If they get morale boosted, or if a base is reinforced, then there's no hope for your forces to handle them.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Welp almost 80+ hours later and I now have the top 2 rows of adventure mode left to A+
Time for the real hell to start.

Also how do people take pics and send em to miiverse. Fought a midna with 8bit shackle and it looked like a Santa hat and wanted to take a pic but realized I had no idea how too.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Welp almost 80+ hours later and I now have the top 2 rows of adventure mode left to A+
Time for the real hell to start.

Also how do people take pics and send em to miiverse. Fought a midna with 8bit shackle and it looked like a Santa hat and wanted to take a pic but realized I had no idea how too.
While playing, press the HOME button, and then select Miiverse. You can then attach the suspended screenshot onto your post, but only for the community that it's affiliated with; Hyrule Warriors screenshots can only be posted in the Hyrule Warriors community. Of course, screenshots can also be displayed on your Activity Feed posts.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm sure what little friends I have don't wanna see HW stuff anyways lol

Played a random stage for a Ganon heart piece/container and got two 25000, one sword of darkness and demise. Goddamn this game been tossing me 25000 past few days like bread crumbs. Think my Midna has 4 right now.
Highest level currently is 106 Lank, almost 2 weeks (tomorrow) since I started playing and everyone outside of wizzro volga and cia (level 25) are all above 60. I have no life.

This game is fun tho

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
This or Bayonetta?
I'm buying Smash 4 then one of those games, in early 2015.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I beat Darunia's Level three stage! I just quickly took out the keeps and the siege captains, then protected my base for a few minutes and defeated Zelda, then ran to the enemy base and beat Link.

I just have the Level Three Summoning Gate stage left. I'm probably just going to power-level Lana until I can easily take out the enemy captains, which should save me a lot of time. I really hate the Summoning Gate.

This or Bayonetta?
I'm buying Smash 4 then one of those games, in early 2015.
I haven't played Bayonetta, but this is an amazing game, you really shouldn't miss out on it.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I completely finished the Adventure map a couple days ago, and I honestly didn't have any problems with the lv3 quests. Biggest issue I had was with the A-1 tile (1000 in 10 min) and the 2nd gold skulltula in the Demon King tile (finally resorted to wrecking with Epona). I'm gonna start on the Master quest map tonight!

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I'm assuming you really like Zelda?
I do, my favorite Zelda game is Twilight Princess, I also played Ocarina Of Time and Wind Waker HD.
But Hyrule Warriors is different to the Zelda Games.

I'm gonna point out that I prefer something that's gonna make me play it for a long time, but at the same time enjoy it or enjoy the results.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I do, my favorite Zelda game is Twilight Princess, I also played Ocarina Of Time and Wind Waker HD.
But Hyrule Warriors is different to the Zelda Games.
I'm gonna point out that I prefer something that's gonna make me play it for a long time, but at the same time enjoy it or enjoy the results.
Im going to say you're more likely to enjoy Hyrule Warriors for longer. bayo 2 looks like a great game, too, but HW is like, the most fanservice-y game I have ever seen and that is absolutely a good thing.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Congrats. I still have to get the level 3 weapons for Impa, Lana, Zelda, Sheik, Agitha, Fi, and Midna. And of course there's Link's level 3 Great Fairy weapon as well.
Which weapons for Impa, Lana, and Zelda? And I can try to give you pointers on some of them, if you want.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Which weapons for Impa, Lana, and Zelda? And I can try to give you pointers on some of them, if you want.
I still have to get Lana's level 3 Summoning Gate (which I can't reach until after I've gotten Sheik's level 3 weapon), and I don't have any of Impa's level 3 weapons, nor Zelda's level 3 weapons.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
So how is the story mode in this game? I think it was called Legend mode or adventure mode or something.
NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Legend Mode. It's ok, but how much spoiler can you get when it's Legend of Zelda honestly.
Link and Zelda fight Ganon/his forces, what more can be different from other iterations.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
From some screenshots I see different levels that are based on different games. Damn that Majora's Mask one looks cool as hell :p

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I looked at the wiki for a bit and it seems like there are 5 levels and there are 2 based on Ocarina of Time, 2 based on Twilight Princess, 2 based on Skyward Sword

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
They're more like arenas, not specific levels. There's also some HW original locations.

The story is pretty typical, don't expect anything more sophisticated than light vs. dark, but at least it isn't trying to be deep. This is a Zelda fan-service game first and foremost (in every sense of the word).

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
@ SirIanAsh SirIanAsh
The Legend is actually really good. It's not where you'll spend the bulk of your adventure, which is adventure mode, but it's still really fun. There are fourteen unique arenas. Each battle will take place on one of the arenas, but you'll have different objectives and enemies.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Pretty sure you go to the valley of seers 3 or 4 times.
Anyways Darunia level 3 weapon took me 4 tries, not even time or KO's hard to do, just keeping yourself healthy cause moblins are ****ing stupid enemies.

Now Lana on the other hand...

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Um, guys, in the beginning of this video, this guy is in a map with absolutely no enemies. Anyone know how that's possible?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's one of the specific missions in Adventure Mode that has only one pair of enemies that doesn't move from the set base/only spawns when you run to said base. You can see which base is being indicated on the map (basically no other enemies show up).

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I love this game after around 100+ hours played, but will say it's sad that characters start turning into "spam this one move to succeed with him/her"
For this example since current topic kinda, Ghirahim is just a Strength IV character using dodge to not use the next to useless moblins that pushes the enemies out of whoever you're aiming the swords at.

Top Bottom