• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If you are lucky enough to find a Micromania that actually knows about this...
Yep... Actually, I still have to buy the game (and a WiiU...) so once I'll go buy HW, I'll make sure to buy it at Micromania, wearing my Triforce shirt. And tell them about it.

A friend had it anyway, so it's going to be ok.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
NA got the choice as you said.
Australia only got the Ocarina DLC. No choice at all. (so I have one DLC, but it's not the one I wanted)
Europe had no DLC if I remember correctly.
I agree this was a very cruel thing Nintendo/KT did.
I can confirm the UK had the choice of all three, as I'm the proud owner of the Twilight set...I just wish they'd lightened the colours to fit better with the rest of the game. Zelda's TP outfit, as cool as it is, makes her not match the artstyle of everyone else.

"For one of the costumes, you can dress Link up as a certain familiar character from the Zelda series. It may make you say ""Wow!"" so I hope you'll look forward to it."

Is it bad I'm sort of hoping it's Vaati? I know it's probably Hero's Shade, but goddamn it Vaati is the one character who is likely not getting in I badly want to be playable here.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Actually, I just realized while it says certain character, most likely that character had to appear in TP or else the pack name would be a misnomer, so there are 2 possibilities really: Postman, or Hero's Shade(and I hope for the latter)

luckily that means Tingle is ineligible

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Actually, I just realized while it says certain character, most likely that character had to appear in TP or else the pack name would be a misnomer, so there are 2 possibilities really: Postman, or Hero's Shade(and I hope for the latter)

luckily that means Tingle is ineligible
What about this guy

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lol. Tingle is going to be a DLC character and I can't wait for it to happen because people hate him because he makes them feel uncomfortable because of someone concept of masculinity or whatever it is deserve to have to look at him on the character select screen.

Because they're jerks. There's no perfectly logical reason to hate Tingle. I've yet to ever see one. Because the fact is he's a perfectly fine character that lends way to some really hot button inner issues for some.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Lol. Tingle is going to be a DLC character and I can't wait for it to happen because people hate him because he makes them feel uncomfortable because of someone concept of masculinity or whatever it is deserve to have to look at him on the character select screen.

Because they're jerks. There's no perfectly logical reason to hate Tingle. I've yet to ever see one. Because the fact is he's a perfectly fine character that lends way to some really hot button inner issues for some.
He is kinda annoying though and it doesn't help that he's also an arsehole who's basically forcing his brother to be his slave and he is connected to the worst part in wind waker

Actually, there is a lot to hate about him

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93

:link:
You know, I've been saying this for years. Now, I can't (nor will I) speak for everyone, but the general hate towards Tingle (even pre-Wind Waker, before the "slave labor" (or his thieving ways in the earlier handheld scene)) was due to his appearance. . . Not his character. In fact, I just don't see how people could "despise" what Tingle is; Essentially a cartographer / comic-relief type character. I'm not saying you've to be a fan of his like myself (to be blunt, I don't care), and I am certain there are people who genuinely don't care about him, but the supposed amount of "hate" the character gets here in the states, I've always found to be more of an 'It's cool to not like him' type of thing.

. . . Anyways, I do feel as if Tingle and Skull Kid are the prime candidates for the future Majora's Mask DLC pack. Are there other characters I'd like to see? Sure (Happy Mask Salesman would be awesome). But, I feel as if the former two really just fit in place.
As for the Twilight Princess DLC pack releasing on Thanksgiving day, true form Midna is great! Looking forward to see Link's alternate as well. Hero's Shade seems to be the common thought, although perhaps the Postman and / or Purlo could be two "out there" options.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Frankly I'm on the pro-Tingle boat. Iconic to the series, genuinely known even outside the Zelda fanbase.

Skull Kid is pretty obvious, and well deserved, but Tingle is inevitable, and not even that bad. I remember when people hated Toad for his nasally voice(something that seems to be waning finally, thankfully, as it's ****ing dumb), and Tingle was hated simply for being 'weird'. Hate base's are pretty dumb, unless a character has single handedly ruined or marked the downfall of a series...which Tingle did not. In fact far from it:
Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are two of the most beloved Zelda games these days and Tingle starred in both.

BUT if you still hate Tingle that much(dude hasn't even been in any Zelda games for ages and the hatebase still can't let it go) when he inevitably arrives in the Majora's Mask pack(and I'll be surprised if Happy Mask gets in over him honestly), you can always play the missions where you have to kick his ass.

Everyone wins!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Skull Kid is an obvious choice. For the second character, Tingle need to happen. Even if don't mind at all Cremia and/or Romani :awesome: After all, we have one character for one epic sidequest (with bugs), why not another for another epic sidequest (with cows)?

Majora's Mask is "Sidequest: the Game", by the way.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I've managed to max out Link's level today. He's basically my very first level 99 warrior.

Well done.
He is my only Lv99 also. I have quite all the rest (except the 3 new characters) as Lv 65+ though. I think Link is the best character to first to Lv99 because he has so many weapons to choose from.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well gta 5 heists won't come out until next month so onto tp dlc. I currently want to see the costumes and weapons eventually and on true form midna I like that she's her own character since she feels and looks very different then the midna most of us know.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I've been working on the weapons. I have nine left:
Link Gauntlets Lv. 3
Link Great Fairy Lv. 3
Lana Deku Spear Lv. 3
Lana Summoning Gate Lv. 2
Lana Summoning Gate Lv. 3
Ruto Lv. 3
Darunia Lv. 3
Zant Lv. 3
Agitha Lv. 3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I now have Agitha's level 2 weapon, and I have been rupee grinding so that I could level up my warriors more quickly. Everyone is now at or above level 40, except for Cia, Volga, and Wizzro.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Level 3 weapons wise I'm missing;

Lana's Summon Gate
Darunia
Ruto
Fi
Agitha
Volga
Cia
Wizzro

Also missing that Level 2 summon gate for Lana. She's level 81 and I'm still struggling. Dammit all. Volga and Cia are also missing their level 2s, but I've wanted to obtain the regular casts first in order to get that damn Evil's Bane on the Master Sword.

Current levels:
Impa Lvl 99 (Main)
Zelda lvl 82 (Secondary, but has tons of missions)
Lana lvl 81 (Grinding for Summoning Gate)
Link lvl 79 (Sister's joint main)
Ganondorf lvl 75 (Sister's joint main)
Ghirahim lvl 69 (supposedly my second main, but obtained his lvl 3 weapon a lot easier than anyone else's)
Darunia lvl 63 (grinding for level 3)
Midna lvl 61 (Tertiary)
Zant lvl 60 (grinded for level 3)
Fi lvl 58 (Dojo levelling for lvl 3)
Ruto lvl 56 (grinding for level 3)
Sheik lvl 56 (grinded for level 3; turns out is the best damn character due to water shield)
Agitha lvl 56 (grinding for level 3)
Wizzro lvl 51 (closest thing to Vaati. Sorta)
Volga lvl 36 (ignored)
Cia lvl 35 (also ignored)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The only ones I'm missing at DLC Lv. 3 weapons. Obviously will include TMidna soon enough.

I'll actually bust out in laughter if the Link costume ends up being the Hero's Shade, basically making a playable Stalmaster.

Also hoping for Golden Wolf as a costume (or even weapon?) for Midna down the line.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I now have Agitha's level 2 weapon, and I have been rupee grinding so that I could level up my warriors more quickly. Everyone is now at or above level 40, except for Cia, Volga, and Wizzro.
Well done.
Agitha's Lv3 weapon is not too hard to get with the right strategies and enough levels.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Say, for the most part I'm doing this on my own(well with a prima guide), but I've reached the LVL1 summoning gate and could use advice
Also tips for getting to the two baddies on the adventure map, still needa unlock them

My highest ranked are Link at about ~35 and Midna at about ~36

Hero's Shade is my most wanted for the costume, but in regards to the new weapon and costume, I'm hoping they're both for the same character, and that its a single weapon character. Ruto with a TP Zora queen costume, and Zora spear weapon would be cool, or Darunia with Iron boots physical attack style and a Darbus costume would also be cool

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Another level 3 weapon bites the dust. I've managed to get Ruto's level 3 weapon earlier, and I've been trying to work on getting Darunia's level 3 weapon next. He's at level 50 on my end, but I'll eventually do his level 3 weapon mission once I've leveled him up even further.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Another level 3 weapon bites the dust. I've managed to get Ruto's level 3 weapon earlier, and I've been trying to work on getting Darunia's level 3 weapon next. He's at level 50 on my end, but I'll eventually do his level 3 weapon mission once I've leveled him up even further.
Well done.
If you have not gotten the Lv3 fort taking badge for Darunia, go get it before you start his Lv3 weapon stage. It makes a huge difference there. Get the badge then try the level and see how close you get. I needed the badge to do it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well done.
If you have not gotten the Lv3 fort taking badge for Darunia, go get it before you start his Lv3 weapon stage. It makes a huge difference there. Get the badge then try the level and see how close you get. I needed the badge to do it.
I'm one step ahead of you there, and I also increased Darunia's defense badge supply as well. Of course, I still think that increasing his level more will help even more, as I did have to raise Ruto's level to 60 before I could get her level 3 weapon.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The Darunia one took me so many tries. Moreso because while I like playing as him, speed is something I don't play the character for.

Basically have to perfect the formula of only using his standard hammer attacks and the occasional Fire Pillar (Strength IV) to clear out waves of enemies, and only using his Meteor attack (Strength VI) to take out captains/Keep Bosses.

I also always lol that Ganondorf almost always gets defeated by a random nameless Captain.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Aw man, why can't the weapon ever be for a non main character :(
Honestly, I'm still hoping for the majora's mask pack's characters to be skull kid, and either Happy Mask Salesman(who plays a large role), or Romani, or even the Deku Princess, since we its not like we have enough females :p or could use another species

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Aw man, why can't the weapon ever be for a non main character :(
Honestly, I'm still hoping for the majora's mask pack's characters to be skull kid, and either Happy Mask Salesman(who plays a large role), or Romani, or even the Deku Princess, since we its not like we have enough females :p or could use another species
It's not a weapon for Link so that's cool :awesome:

About the characters in the Majora's Mask pack... Skull Kid is more that obvious. The second slot can have more liberties... Every choices would be a curveball.

Tingle: The loved/hated 35 years old fairy wannabe can kooloo-limpah his way through the battlefield.
Happy-Mask Salesman: Have a huge role in the game, but I wonder what he can do as fighter... (yes, I know. We have Agitha. And she is awesome)
Deku Princess: Dekus are missing and she can easily takes move from Deku Link. What would be her weapon, though?
Romani/Cremia: Waifu Warriors! Attack by summoning cows! (like Agitha, they may not be main characters, but it's a memorable sidequest).
Anju and Kafei: Well... Kafei already was playable, right? Again, a memorable sidequest.

For all of them, the choice for the weapon would be strange. Even Skull Kid... I suspect him to use his flute (as a blowpipe) more than the mask himself... Althought it would be nice to see different masks, like the Skull Mask as the starting weapon and, obviously, Majora's Mask as the best weapon.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
It's not a weapon for Link so that's cool :awesome:

About the characters in the Majora's Mask pack... Skull Kid is more that obvious. The second slot can have more liberties... Every choices would be a curveball.

Tingle: The loved/hated 35 years old fairy wannabe can kooloo-limpah his way through the battlefield.
Happy-Mask Salesman: Have a huge role in the game, but I wonder what he can do as fighter... (yes, I know. We have Agitha. And she is awesome)
Deku Princess: Dekus are missing and she can easily takes move from Deku Link. What would be her weapon, though?
Romani/Cremia: Waifu Warriors! Attack by summoning cows! (like Agitha, they may not be main characters, but it's a memorable sidequest).
Anju and Kafei: Well... Kafei already was playable, right? Again, a memorable sidequest.

For all of them, the choice for the weapon would be strange. Even Skull Kid... I suspect him to use his flute (as a blowpipe) more than the mask himself... Althought it would be nice to see different masks, like the Skull Mask as the starting weapon and, obviously, Majora's Mask as the best weapon.
Deku Pipes would be a possibility, and music based movesets do have a precedence

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I also always lol that Ganondorf almost always gets defeated by a random nameless Captain.
If Ganondorf is fighting on your side, that is a rather humorous sight. He's supposed to be the demon king, and yet he struggles against a mere Aeralfos.

the8thark

Smash Lord

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
To be honest, I'm a little bit dissapointed by the fact that there's no recolors this time.

But Ilia costume? I don't even like Ilia and I find this awesome.
Postman Link looks cool in the end.

Edit: With those costumes, this opens a lot of speculations about the costumes in the Majora's Mask pack.
Earlier, I mentionned characters such as Kafei, Anju and Cremia, but they can work as costumes for Link and Zelda (to be honest, I think that they are the best to receive costumes, now that I see the postman and Ilia.)

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Patch 1.4.0

HW will be updated on the same day as the TP pack releases to accommodate amiibo and a few other changes:

• raise max level
  • raise max held materials (i.e. past 99 of each material)
  • new potions in the apothecary
  • one new medal
  • amiibo support

Source:
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update.html
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937195

My opinions on this:

I wonder what the new level cap will be too. And I hope we don't need a 100+ level character to do the TP adventure map. Buying levels past 100 could be pretty expensive.
The more materials will be nice when we want to actually buy potions.

I'm still waiting to be able to pay to destroy affixes on weapons so I can use those slots for better affixes.

Level 150 network Link stages anyone? Should be stupidly hard and only the same 50K rupees reward. The Level 100+ ones will become all we get. I only get Lv99 ones now.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Hey, so guys, you know the defense badges for <insert element> recommended stages? What about the stages that don't have a recommendation?

Top Bottom