• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

the8thark

Smash Lord
Hey, so guys, you know the defense badges for <insert element> recommended stages? What about the stages that don't have a recommendation?
No one knows. I guess you need all of the armour badges (of the same level) for the damage reduction. But I really don't know.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
No one knows. I guess you need all of the armour badges (of the same level) for the damage reduction. But I really don't know.
Thanks. Normally I don't approve of hacking games, but I really want someone to hack this so we can find all the gameplay elements that it doesn't tell you.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Anyone know any good grinding spots? my characters are just way too weak
Just get the + rupees affix on your weapons and farm with anyone (the network links are good as are rewards map stages) but any will do. And just buy the levels you want. You can farm the rupees with the character you want to level with the + EXP weapon affix as well. it short just play the game, I've found not many places to farm XP, it all feels the same grind to me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also, as your warriors gain experience, the amount of rupees that you need to spend to level them up will gradually decrease. However, higher levels do cost more rupees, so you'll have to grind for them a lot to make the level up process go faster.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Also, as your warriors gain experience, the amount of rupees that you need to spend to level them up will gradually decrease. However, higher levels do cost more rupees, so you'll have to grind for them a lot to make the level up process go faster.
Is there any typos in that, as what you said seems s little confusing.

Higher levels cost more levels to but than lower levels. So it's best to buy the lower levels and farm the higher levels. But I do buy some of the higher levels too. It's all about that balance between rupee grinding and EXP grinding.

the8thark

Smash Lord
@ the8thark the8thark : What I mean is that the cost to level up your warrior gradually decreases as he/she gains experience.
Really? I thought it was the opposite as in higher levels cost more rupees to buy. That's what I noticed in game. Strange you are saying this. I don't not believe you, as I don't think you'd lie but it's very strange. I'll have to play the game again and see.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Really? I thought it was the opposite as in higher levels cost more rupees to buy. That's what I noticed in game. Strange you are saying this. I don't not believe you, as I don't think you'd lie but it's very strange. I'll have to play the game again and see.
I've seen it myself while trying to increase the levels of my warriors. It'll cost more to level up a level 30 to level 60 than if you level up a level 40 to level 60.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I've seen it myself while trying to increase the levels of my warriors. It'll cost more to level up a level 30 to level 60 than if you level up a level 40 to level 60.
Well of cause. You are right about that totally.

I was just saying this:
Levelling 50 to 60 will cost more than levelling 40 to 50. Both are a 10 level increase but the higher the level means you pay more to level it.

the8thark

Smash Lord
This Game Needs an Endurance Mode

Endurance Mode

- There is no time limit.
- There is no damage requirement.
- The stage is over when you die.
- What enemies appear to attack you is totally random each time.
- Random enemy heroes and Giant Bosses will appear at set milestones like every 250 or 500 KOs or something.
- At later multiples of the milestone, like at 2000 KOs or whatever you will be facing multiple boss spawns at the same time. And these bosses will stick together and try to attack you at once.
- The whole point of this mode is to see how much you can kill while the stage gets harder and harder and harder to the point where you can not go on and you die.
- This stage would be great for farming materials and weapons.
- The stage would give us a solid reason to use potions. (As of right now I've not made a single potion, I've not ever seen the need to make one).
- I would even go as far to say the stage you get is random also.

You could make another version of this stage. Protect the Allied Base as long as possible. Totally the same as the above Endurance mode but with the following changes:

- There is forts in this stage you can capture.
- The whole point of this stage is to not die and keep the Allied Base from being over run for as long as possible.
- Captured forts will be turned over to the enemy randomly as milestone KO amounts.
- There will be enemy heroes and giant bosses getting in your way.
- You will have to protect your Allied Base from attacks along multiple fronts as the stage progress further and further. To the point where it all gets too hard and you either die or the base gets captured.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Super excited for tomorrow's DLC. What are you guys going to try first? I'm probably going to level up Twili Midna and get her badges (I've been saving up a ton of money today), and then play her. Then I'll try the Dominion Rod, and then the two costumes.

Edit: Just got it! Twili Midna is fast and powerful. She's really fun to play as. The Dominion Rod's weak attacks are really good, but the strong attack combos are kinda weird. The spinner is really fun to play as. It's very fast, and it's fun just plowing through enemies. The adventure map is kind of weird. I've only done a few levels, but from what I've seen, it's really gimmicky. Also, to get a level one character to level 50 costs 800,000 something, and since I spent all day getting money, I could afford it.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
The Dominion Rod kinda feels like Wizzro to me. You go into a large crowd of enemies and start button mashing and watch (through all the lag) everything getting destroyed.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So, the Twilight Princess Pack have new alt colors to unlock.

Yellow Link / Pipit

A Link to the Past Zelda

Hyrule Warriors' Ganon

Sheik as HW Impa

Skyward Sword Impa

Darunia as Darbus

Ruto as Albino Dolphin Queen Rutela

Phantom Zant

Pink Agitha (perfect with her level 3 weapon)

Fi as the Spirit of Light?

Lana as HW Link or Oracle Farore

Cia as Lana

Wizro as a big Poe from TP

Last but not least, Ghirahim is fabulous!

Yellow Imp Midna

Volga as Argorok?

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So, the Twilight Princess Pack have new alt colors to unlock.

Yellow Link / Pipit

A Link to the Past Zelda

Hyrule Warriors' Ganon

Sheik as HW Impa

Skyward Sword Impa

Darunia as Darbus

Ruto as Albino Dolphin Queen Rutela

Phantom Zant

Pink Agitha (perfect with her level 3 weapon)

Fi as the Spirit of Light?

Lana as HW Link or Oracle Farore

Cia as Lana

Wizro as a big Poe from TP

Last but not least, Ghirahim is fabulous!

There's also Imp Midna with yellow marks and one missing, so either Volga or Twili Midna
I love impa and Zant's and Darunia and Ruto's are awesome references

the8thark

Smash Lord
I have bought all 3 of the new Twilight Princess DLC potions (to test them out) and here is my opinions on each one and if I think they are worth buying or not. I know there is in game descriptions of each one but the description does not say everything these potions are capable of.
All 3 of them are pretty expensive in materials needed so they are best only used when you really need them.

Item Power-Up Potion
This potion makes all of your items (the bow, bombs etc etc) powered up from the start of the battle. It's like you have every single item power up that you can collect for every weapon and it lasts for the entire battle. Not the greatest of things to have as I don't find myself using the items all that much. But there is one major exception. When you need to kill a lot of hordes fast (like the get 1000 KO's in 10 minute stages) this shines because you can spam the powered up bomb all stage long. Also works great if you need to capture a lot of keeps as the fat bomb will get a lot of horde collateral kills. Also this potion and spamming the fat bombs could be a viable tactic to get an A Rank on the "do not get hit" stages. Just spam the potion on your mission objectives and you're good to go. The downside here is if you mess up it get an unlucky hit you will not get A Rank and a wasted potion. Certainly not a needed potion for most stages. But the there are a few that this potion shines on.

In the 1st adventure map, the 1000KOs in 10 minute stage, I did it with Agitha and this potion and just spammed bombs. I just scraped in on the damage quota for the A rank. Those Imprisoned were up my *** all stage. But for time wise, I did it in 7:35. Don't need A Rank for the heart piece there so I got the heart piece.

And lastly if a stage says "no item use in this stage", forget about this potion

Guard Breaker
In my opinion the best potion in the game. Using this potion makes your attacks break the enemy's guard so you can keep attacking. Breaking their guard does not even break/stop your combo. You do not have to dodge to their backside, just hit their face over and over with your spamable combo and watch their guard break constantly and their health go down fast. So you can just pick your weak attack combo (or any other easily repeatable combo) and beat the captains and enemy heroes in record time. If a stage is slightly too hard for you and the enemy captains and enemy heroes are taking too long to beat to get the A Rank, this is the potion for you. Yes this potion is really that good.

SP Replenishing
This potion slowly replenishes your special attack (X attack) meter. And it does this relatively slowly. That's it. It's nothing a SP meter pick up in battle or the silver/gold special attack meter badge already does and does better. My advice, do not buy this potion. Buy every other one first if you are going for the "buy all potions" achievement. And only buy this last if you need it for the achievement. Also the above two potions are much better for taking out the enemies. Just buy the the one of the above 2 above potions you need, if a stage is too hard for you. That is my advice. Avoid this potion like the plague.

I have a question about potions that would be nice if everyone knew.
If you use a potion in a level and you fail the mission, and choose to retry the mission without going back to the map screen or character select screen, do you keep the bought potion effect or is the bought potion effect used up and now gone?

Also we have information about this too.

We have some information about the Pre-Order DLC which most people would not get all of. We have prices for it in Japan. And a date (in Japan) as well.
No information for outside Japan at the moment though.
(costume images in the spoiler tags.)

Date: December 18

“Courage” Costume Set
  • 400 yen
  • Includes Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and Ocarina of Time Link costumes

“Wisdom” Costume Set
  • 400 yen
  • Includes Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and Ocarina of Time Zelda costumes

“Power” Costume Set
  • 300 yen
  • Includes Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time Ganondorf costumes

Source: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update_1218.html
http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrul...e-costume-dlc-to-be-sold-in-japan-next-month/ (English Translation)

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I only have four weapons left to get (besides DLC).
Agitha's Lv 3 Parasol
Darunia's Lv 3 Hammer
Lana's Lv 3 Summoning Gate
Ruto's Lv 3 Zora Scale

I actually beat Zant's in only two tries (Well, more like 2.5 tries; I had to quit in the middle of one try because I accidentally took an extremely long route getting all the Manhandla Stalks).

the8thark

Smash Lord
I only have four weapons left to get (besides DLC).
Agitha's Lv 3 Parasol
Darunia's Lv 3 Hammer
Lana's Lv 3 Summoning Gate
Ruto's Lv 3 Zora Scale

I actually beat Zant's in only two tries (Well, more like 2.5 tries; I had to quit in the middle of one try because I accidentally took an extremely long route getting all the Manhandla Stalks).
Good luck with that. The 4 you are missing are 4 of the harder ones to get. If you need any advice on getting them, I can help. As I have done them and worked out what I needed to do to get them.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I keep seeing people say that Darunia's Lv3 is hard... but I had a really easy time with it. Does this mean I'll find the other "hard" Lv 3's easy? Please? Cuz I'm not looking forward to Zant's or Ruto's from what I've read/seen.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Good luck with that. The 4 you are missing are 4 of the harder ones to get. If you need any advice on getting them, I can help. As I have done them and worked out what I needed to do to get them.
Thanks. I just tried both Agitha's and Darunia's. On Agitha's, I took about 13,000 damage, so I didn't get A Rank, and on Darunia's, the allied base fell (and I probably took to much damage). I'll go try the Summoning Gate.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Ok some advice to help you.

• Buy all level 2 armour badges.
  • Use Agitha's fat beetle combo. Spam it and use the X special. Also try to kill captains in the middle of horde packs for collateral damage kills.
  • Buy Darunia's Lv3 fort taking badge. It helps more than it seems it should. That badge and a little practice is what got me that weapon.
  • Just spam the strong attack in Lana's Portal Lv3 stage. You can combo the strong attack as in SSSS to make the attack stronger. Just remember only combo it, when it's safe to do so. If not just drop it and run and repeat. Do not ever use her weak attack unless it's for a quick attack to finish off a weak point metre. The X chicken special is useful too.
  • You can get 1050 - 1100 KOs before going to beat the final enemy hero. You can get the last 100 - 150 Kos in their fort.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Ok some advice to help you.

• Buy all level 2 armour badges.
  • Use Agitha's fat beetle combo. Spam it and use the X special. Also try to kill captains in the middle of horde packs for collateral damage kills.
  • Buy Darunia's Lv3 fort taking badge. It helps more than it seems it should. That badge and a little practice is what got me that weapon.
  • Just spam the strong attack in Lana's Portal Lv3 stage. You can combo the strong attack as in SSSS to make the attack stronger. Just remember only combo it, when it's safe to do so. If not just drop it and run and repeat. Do not ever use her weak attack unless it's for a quick attack to finish off a weak point metre. The X chicken special is useful too.
  • You can get 1050 - 1100 KOs before going to beat the final enemy hero. You can get the last 100 - 150 Kos in their fort.
Thanks! I'll try that.

I failed the Summoning Gate mission. I took about a minute too long, and took 11,000 damage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I keep seeing people say that Darunia's Lv3 is hard... but I had a really easy time with it. Does this mean I'll find the other "hard" Lv 3's easy? Please? Cuz I'm not looking forward to Zant's or Ruto's from what I've read/seen.
It really helps if you level up your warriors a lot. It wasn't until I got Zant to level 70 that I've been able to get his level 3 weapon.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Congrats about the Darunia stage.

I found the Ruto stage relatively easy when I levelled Ruto a bit. Just do the stage as fast as you can. Ignore the gold cuccos and ignore taking keeps, just kill the captains and a lot of hordes along the way so you have 1100KOs, then race to the last boss, get the last 100KOs in his fort then kill the enemy hero. If you do ti fast enough you will beat your allied base falling. That is how I did it. Tring to do it the other way and taking the gold cuccos makes the stage way to hard to do.

Zant's stage is legit hard. Best advice I can give is level him up hard and if you can get the Lv2 fort farming badge and all the Lv2 armour badges for him. And get a bit of practice on him. Doable but not easy.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So might as well post (sub in this case) in this thread cause playing dis game and moves slower with less ****posting than /v/.
I just got a Spirit Tome that has I think a red crest and says 1000. Dunno if that means I somehow got a legendary item even on first playthrough on normal or what.

the8thark

Smash Lord
So might as well post (sub in this case) in this thread cause playing dis game and moves slower with less ****posting than /v/.
I just got a Spirit Tome that has I think a red crest and says 1000. Dunno if that means I somehow got a legendary item even on first playthrough on normal or what.
If I am reading you right, that's just a hidden weapon affix. You unlock it by getting 1000KOs with that weapon. Item attacks but with that weapon equipped count also.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Yeah just found out 25000 is a thing.
The 1000 item I got is worthless, oh well.
There is 1000, 2000, 3000 and 25000.
For each of 1000, 2000 and 3000 there is a range of affixes you can get for each. The only one really good is the 3000 one that is more damage but you can't block. I never block so I'd use that. But the 3000 one is really rare. I've had it like 2x and both were the wrong affix.

The 25000 one is special and very good. And it starts being a thing once you have earnt every single weapon on the first adventure map. Doesn't matter if you have no weapons of the other adventure maps. Do you know how the 25000 one works?

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No idea.
I bought the game in october and just started playing it tonight. Also went into this blind outside of looking at random DLC crap.
Well, Red Midna and any Ghirahim outfit isn't dumb.

the8thark

Smash Lord
No idea.
I bought the game in october and just started playing it tonight. Also went into this blind outside of looking at random DLC crap.
Well, Red Midna and any Ghirahim outfit isn't dumb.
Ok I will explain it.

1. In Legend Mode Link will get the Master Sword. It has a 25000 affix on it. It's locked till you earn every single weapon in the first adventure map. That's all on them, even the Lv2 and Lv3 versions. But just that one adventure map.

2. Once that is done you can start to get 25000 KOs with the master sword. That will unlock the ability and give the Master sword 200 more damage. For a total of 500 damage.

3. Once this is done then all the other 25000 affixes you get on other weapons will unlock. You still need to get 25000 KOs for each one. Just in the same way you got the 1000 KOs to unlock that one. Same deal here bot 25000KOs.

4. Once it is unlocked on other weapons it's active. What it does is a little strange. It makes the base level of any weapon 300 damage before weapon stars. In other words it makes the weapon slightly better than a Lv3 weapon. You still need 5 stars to get the max damage though.
So if you put the Legendary Affix (that it's called once you get the 25000 KOs on any 5 star weapon, Lv1, Lv2, or Lv2, does not matter, that damage will be 450. 30 more damage higher than your Lv3 weapon.

Why does this even exist?
Say you are using a Lv3 weapon cause it's the best damage, but you like the looks of the Lv2 weapon better. Well now you can boost your Lv2 (or any weapon to 450 damage (if it has 5 weapon stars on it). So you can use the weapon you think looks the best and not sacrifice weapon looks.

Just remember you can't remove affixes from weapons only transfer them and destroy the old weapon. Never destroy a weapon with Legendary affix, cause of the 25000 KOs it needed to unlock. Just move it to the weapon you want. I personally tey to make weapons with the following affixes:

Legendary (25000)
+ EXP (to level faster)
+ Rupees (to buy levels and the occasional twilight princess potion faster)
+ Materials (to have a better shot at getting a better material)
I don't think anything else is needed. That 3000 one I mentioned above might be nice but it's not needed and I've never had it to know how effective it is.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

the8thark

Smash Lord
When you have controller se up for player 1 that is not the game pad, then use an Amiibo on the title screen, the game automatically changes the Player 1 controller to the gamepad. You have to back to the game settings to change the controller back to whatever controller you had chosen before. I use the pro controller and it's a little annoying to have to change it back to the pro controller each day after I use my Amiibo with the game.

Does anyone else get this bug? So we can confirm that it's not just me who is getting this bug.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Does anyone know what the character's post update attack stats are? I haven't gotten any characters to level 150 yet.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
This game! THIS. GAME! I absolutely love it! :D And with all these updates, it seems like it'll last forever for me!

Ok I will explain it.

1. In Legend Mode Link will get the Master Sword. It has a 25000 affix on it. It's locked till you earn every single weapon in the first adventure map. That's all on them, even the Lv2 and Lv3 versions. But just that one adventure map.

2. Once that is done you can start to get 25000 KOs with the master sword. That will unlock the ability and give the Master sword 200 more damage. For a total of 500 damage.

3. Once this is done then all the other 25000 affixes you get on other weapons will unlock. You still need to get 25000 KOs for each one. Just in the same way you got the 1000 KOs to unlock that one. Same deal here bot 25000KOs.

4. Once it is unlocked on other weapons it's active. What it does is a little strange. It makes the base level of any weapon 300 damage before weapon stars. In other words it makes the weapon slightly better than a Lv3 weapon. You still need 5 stars to get the max damage though.
So if you put the Legendary Affix (that it's called once you get the 25000 KOs on any 5 star weapon, Lv1, Lv2, or Lv2, does not matter, that damage will be 450. 30 more damage higher than your Lv3 weapon.

Why does this even exist?
Say you are using a Lv3 weapon cause it's the best damage, but you like the looks of the Lv2 weapon better. Well now you can boost your Lv2 (or any weapon to 450 damage (if it has 5 weapon stars on it). So you can use the weapon you think looks the best and not sacrifice weapon looks.

Just remember you can't remove affixes from weapons only transfer them and destroy the old weapon. Never destroy a weapon with Legendary affix, cause of the 25000 KOs it needed to unlock. Just move it to the weapon you want. I personally tey to make weapons with the following affixes:

Legendary (25000)
+ EXP (to level faster)
+ Rupees (to buy levels and the occasional twilight princess potion faster)
+ Materials (to have a better shot at getting a better material)
I don't think anything else is needed. That 3000 one I mentioned above might be nice but it's not needed and I've never had it to know how effective it is.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
I'd always wondered why that 25000 counter wouldn't start registering! That seems like it'll take an awful lot of work! :p

Out of interest, can anyone tell me how the spinner fares in comparison with Link's other weapons please? I only just got it and from the looks of thing, I think it has a lot of potential.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Why do I feel like Midna is incredibly weak. Highest level is 41, but still doing legend mode only and cycling through stages that I haven't beat on easy/hard, and being able to kill any outpost captains in one 5 button combo with lower leveled people like sheik Impa etc. but not be able to kill with a level 30 midna (6/7 levels ahead) worries me.

Also I've gotten so many 4/5 star weapons but sadly they either only have 1 slot, full slots, or just x1000 unlockables. Saddening.

Metarai

Smash Apprentice
Why do I feel like Midna is incredibly weak. Highest level is 41, but still doing legend mode only and cycling through stages that I haven't beat on easy/hard, and being able to kill any outpost captains in one 5 button combo with lower leveled people like sheik Impa etc. but not be able to kill with a level 30 midna (6/7 levels ahead) worries me.
Midna seems to be more of a crowd clearer, with a lot of attacks that drag in enemies. I do think she lacks in attack power, she has problem killing captains and such. It makes sense, since her range is pretty big compared to other characters. I do enjoy the move where she grabs enemies and slams them while running forward though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Legend mode as vanilla characters/default weapons always makes them seem weak (save for Link + Master Sword).

Midna's crazy after unlocking her Lv. 3, or even Lv. 2 weapon.

Top Bottom