• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Personally, I hope that it's someone from the resistance, especially Ashei. Two characters are often brought up, but I don't think it would work well: Midna's True Form and the Hero's Spirit.

Midna's true form would require an entirely original moveset (even Agitha's moveset, albeit invented too, have a sense of logic, being tied with the golden bugs quest). Plus, Midna's imp form is more popular I guess, and Midna + Zant represents the Twili well.

The Hero's Spirit is basically a Stalfos with Link's moveset (or is it Link with the Hero's Spirit moveset? :awesome:)

I also see some people talking about Yeto...
I'd love yeto but link stole his weapon

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Never though of that actually! It's true that beside the ball and chain, I don't see which weapon Yeto could have...

But I can imagine, somehow, Ashei summoning the Yetis. As a character, I imagine her tied with ice attacks.
Maybe they could add an ice element or something, It could cause the enemy to freeze for a second

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Midna's True Form...

in HD...

:estatic::love:
I still think Midna's true form may be the weapon. Also for the 2 costumes, Hero's Shade is one of my most wanted for Link, and for the other maybe Darbus for Darunia, or the Zora queen for Ruto. As for the character, Ashei seems likely, one of the yeti's could be possible, as well as any of the freedom fighters... though if they wanted to be sneaky it could be Skull Kid

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I still think Midna's true form may be the weapon. Also for the 2 costumes, Hero's Shade is one of my most wanted for Link, and for the other maybe Darbus for Darunia, or the Zora queen for Ruto. As for the character, Ashei seems likely, one of the yeti's could be possible, as well as any of the freedom fighters... though if they wanted to be sneaky it could be Skull Kid
Considering how the great fairy already uses the moon, using the twilight princess interpretation could work. Smacking people with a lantern and playing music to blast people away could be fun

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Don't forget the Majora's Mask pack with 2 characters!

By the way, considering the Master Quest pack, the packs seems to have their theme matching their name... But if they go with a character that is not TP, then I'd like to see Nabooru.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Don't forget the Majora's Mask pack with 2 characters!

By the way, considering the Master Quest pack, the packs seems to have their theme matching their name... But if they go with a character that is not TP, then I'd like to see Nabooru.
I would love to see Nabooru and Groose as DLC characters, however neither of them really fit in either pack... I wish we could get a pack with fan favorite characters including Nabooru, Groose, and Saria.

Also meant Skull Kid as a joke, that would be a waste of a slot with this pack

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wouldn't be too surprised if the Skull Kid ends up being the next playable character. Of course, unless he's wearing Majora's Mask, the only weapon that I can think of seeing him use is his own trumpet, which he could use to fire darts and summon puppets to attack enemies.

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Is it bad that I actually like that idea?
Not really, I just find those things creepy.

What about Postman? :estatic:
Renado?
Barnes?
Mayor Bo?
FALBI!

If Midna's humanoid form is not an alternate weapon, then it does seem the most likely... another dark character, yay?

EDIT: Hey, it might be Telma, her attacks could involve the other members of the resistance.
EDIT 2: Of course not.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
I just really want the Twilight Princess Link and Zelda Pre-order costumes to be available with the Twilight Princess DLC pack.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I just really want the Twilight Princess Link and Zelda Pre-order costumes to be available with the Twilight Princess DLC pack.
They'll be separate downloads, the Japanese already can do that. Well unless you wanted them as part of the pack itself, but most would consider that a rip-off

the8thark

Smash Lord
They'll be separate downloads, the Japanese already can do that. Well unless you wanted them as part of the pack itself, but most would consider that a rip-off
It's only a rip off as DLC because the Ocarina MQ DLC we just had, didn't have the Ocarina costumes. And I won't be holding my breath for the pre-order costumes to be one day purchasable. After the total mess that was the pre-order DLC, I will wait and see if they will be separate paid downloads.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It's only a rip off as DLC because the Ocarina MQ DLC we just had, didn't have the Ocarina costumes. And I won't be holding my breath for the pre-order costumes to be one day purchasable. After the total mess that was the pre-order DLC, I will wait and see if they will be separate paid downloads.
Actually, despite the name, the title reference the original LoZ master quest.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It appears that getting Zant's level 3 weapon is even harder than I thought. I was able to buff up Zant to level 60, but he still couldn't work fast enough for that A-rank; those Fiery Aeralfos' and their high health are such a huge pain, especially when they're paired with some Stalmasters. It seems that I'll have to increase his level even more, and increase his badge supply as well.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Actually, despite the name, the title reference the original LoZ master quest.
The original LoZ game didn't call them anything, but people called them 1st quest and 2nd quest. The wording Master Quest was first used for the Ocarina 2nd quest. The best horse being the Ocarina horse also says this. The Adventure map being the 2nd Quest map was the closest thing they could do to get to a Master type quest. So we are both right actually.

And there is more info about how the Amiibo will work with Hyrule Warriors.
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up/#/hyrule_warriors
Click the game tab
Tap the Link™ amiibo figure to receive a new weapon to use in battle: the Spinner from The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess game.
Tap the Zelda™ amiibo figure once per day to get a weapon rated 3 stars or higher.
Tap any other amiibo figure once per day to get a weapon rated 3 starts or lower, Rupee bonus or crafting material bonus.
That does not say Link will get anything past the spinner. And that does not say the Zelda weapon is always for Zelda, does not say it's a random weapon either. And ot does not say what quality the crafting material will be.
Looks like we have to wait and see.

It appears that getting Zant's level 3 weapon is even harder than I thought. I was able to buff up Zant to level 60, but he still couldn't work fast enough for that A-rank; those Fiery Aeralfos' and their high health are such a huge pain, especially when they're paired with some Stalmasters. It seems that I'll have to increase his level even more, and increase his badge supply as well.
In this scenario, kill the stalmasters first. Just hit them then quickly dodge around their back and hit them again. You should get their weak point metre to show really easily that way. Kill them off first as they just get in the rode.
For the Aeralfos you can wait till they fly and land for the weak point meter or you can hookshot them out of the air and hot them hard straight after. I didn't kill and captains or take any forts I didn't need to in that scenario. I just raced to kill what I had to and then killed the last guy to win. And you can get a number of your needed KOs defending your main base. I had to do this a bit.

Maybe you know this already, I don't know. But that's know I did it. certainly not easy but doable. And I didn't bother with the twilight meter. Sure you can use it to make life easier, but I didn't bother with it.

The Master Quest version of 1000 KOs in 10 minutes pretty much requires a maxed out Cia (or near max) for A rank. You need A rank for the heart piece.
I will not enjoy getting 1000 KOs in 7 minutes with her. It was hard enough doing that with the fairy. I think Nintendo went too far with these stages. And with the don't get hit stages in Master Quest as well. Much much to far.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In this scenario, kill the stalmasters first. Just hit them then quickly dodge around their back and hit them again. You should get their weak point metre to show really easily that way. Kill them off first as they just get in the rode.
For the Aeralfos you can wait till they fly and land for the weak point meter or you can hookshot them out of the air and hot them hard straight after. I didn't kill and captains or take any forts I didn't need to in that scenario. I just raced to kill what I had to and then killed the last guy to win. And you can get a number of your needed KOs defending your main base. I had to do this a bit.

Maybe you know this already, I don't know. But that's know I did it. certainly not easy but doable. And I didn't bother with the twilight meter. Sure you can use it to make life easier, but I didn't bother with it.
The problem is that the Stalmasters are often paired up with the Fiery Aeralfos, Sheik, or Fi. It's hard to take down one captain when you have others ganging up on you and killing your health; that's basically why I'm working on increasing Zant's defense badge supply while increasing his level more.

Also, let's not forget that the presence of the Manhandla Stalks will drain away your time too, as they "have" to be taken down to avoid losing the Allied Base.

And yes, I have used Zant's twilight meter while doing this, as his spin attack can wipe out the Stalchilds and Stalfos' pretty easily, while his hand gun attack can drain away Ghirahim's weak point in one shot if you're lacking the ability to use Zant's special attack.

Anyway, I'll eventually get the level 3 weapon if I can just raise Zant's level more, but I should probably remember to take out the Stalchild and Stalfos swarms while dealing with the enemy captains too, as I did fail to reach the 1200 KO mark with one of my runs.

the8thark

Smash Lord
The problem is that the Stalmasters are often paired up with the Fiery Aeralfos, Sheik, or Fi. It's hard to take down one captain when you have others ganging up on you and killing your health; that's basically why I'm working on increasing Zant's defense badge supply while increasing his level more.

Also, let's not forget that the presence of the Manhandla Stalks will drain away your time too, as they "have" to be taken down to avoid losing the Allied Base.

And yes, I have used Zant's twilight meter while doing this, as his spin attack can wipe out the Stalchilds and Stalfos' pretty easily, while his hand gun attack can drain away Ghirahim's weak point in one shot if you're lacking the ability to use Zant's special attack.

Anyway, I'll eventually get the level 3 weapon if I can just raise Zant's level more, but I should probably remember to take out the Stalchild and Stalfos swarms while dealing with the enemy captains too, as I did fail to reach the 1200 KO mark with one of my runs.
You just have to dodge like a crazyman while attacking the captains. I'm pretty much circle strafing them (with lock on) I'm dodging that much. And remember you only need 1050 - 1100 KOs before you race to the last boss. You can get the last hundred or so KOs in the final enemy hero's fort.
The stalks are not too worrysome though. They are a time waster but if you're quick about it you should be ok. And for badges, Lv2 ones are enough to do all the stages.

And as you said try to use your special attack on the captains but also in the middle of the horde packs for the collateral damage KOs. And good luck with it. This is one of the harder stages to do. But I think you'll get it with a few more Zant Levels. And also if you want, the Lv3 fort taking badge really helps too timewise.

I do have a question for you.
You know if you make an armour badge, then all levels with the same favoured element as the armour badge gives you the better armour for that stage. But what about the stages with no favoured element? Do you have to make all the armour badges of a respective level (ie all of the Lv 2 badges for example) to feel the Lv2 damage reduction on these stages?
I always hthought you needed to make them all for the no favoured element stages. But that's just a guess. I really have no idea. Do you know.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ the8thark the8thark : I don't really know myself. Perhaps you can get your answers by comparing the damage that you take before you get the defense upgrades with what you take after the defense upgrades.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't mean to double post, but...

I've finally gotten Zant's level 3 weapon after raising his level to 70, along with increasing his attack badge supply. It was a pretty close call though. Sadly, I took too much damage, so the second Gold Skulltula was beyond my reach for this run.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
LET THERE BE NEWS!!!!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmKGDgYTg

Spoilers· 46 minutes ago
Aonuma
Developers' Room

Greetings to everyone in our The Legend of Zelda community! I'm Eiji Aonuma, the supervisor for Hyrule Warriors, and I'm happy to talk to you all again. The second DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors, the Twilight Princess Pack, will be released soon, so today I would like to give you a sneak peek at what's inside. The highlight of the first DLC pack, the Master Quest Pack, was being able to team Link up with Epona. This time around, there will be a new playable character - someone from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess... Who do you think it is? Here's a hint: this character only appeared in this form at the very end of Twilight Princess. In that game, Midna is cursed and cast out from the Twilight Realm, but now you will be able to unleash her true form as Twili Midna! When I was developing Twilight Princess, I thought it was such a waste to let a beautiful princess like her only appear in the ending. Now Koei Tecmo Games has made my wish to see more of her come true. Twili Midna's weapon is the Mirror of Twilight, which appeared in Twilight Princess. This mirror was destroyed at the end of that game, but it's pretty amazing in Hyrule Warriors. In fact, I can't describe in words what's so amazing about it, so I hope you'll download this DLC pack and see for yourself. In addition to Twili Midna, the Twilight Princess Pack includes new weapons, costumes and an adventure map, so if you played through the original game, they should contribute to the fun you'll have in Hyrule Warriors. (For one of the costumes, you can dress Link up as a certain familiar character from the Zelda series. It may make you say ""Wow!"" so I hope you'll look forward to it.) The second DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors, the Twilight Princess Pack, will be released globally on November 27!

so it is coming out on thanksgiving day...

On the one hand, I wish we had gotten a completely new character, and true form midna as a weapon, on the other hand, that is pretty darned cool
In regards to the weapon, I hope its something for a single weapon character, Darunia and Ruto both have members of their respective species in TP, that could provide a weapon and a costume, or even Ganondorf could have something
Again, hope the costumes are for characters that don't have true ones yet, both Darunia and Ruto have equivalents in TP that could be used, or they could make something new
though I could live with Hero's Shade being one, actually I would like that

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
LET THERE BE NEWS!!!!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmKGDgYTg

so it is coming out on thanksgiving day...

On the one hand, I wish we had gotten a completely new character, and true form midna as a weapon, on the other hand, that is pretty darned cool
In regards to the weapon, I hope its something for a single weapon character, Darunia and Ruto both have members of their respective species in TP, that could provide a weapon and a costume, or even Ganondorf could have something
Again, hope the costumes are for characters that don't have true ones yet, both Darunia and Ruto have equivalents in TP that could be used, or they could make something new
though I could live with Hero's Shade being one, actually I would like that
....You have no idea how happy this makes me. Finally...True Form Midna!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Of course, who would have thought of the Mirror as a weapon?

I'm not mad. I wanted Ash so bad, but it's cool too.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Also just realized that they mentioned that Link will dress as another character as one of the costumes... Postman or Beedle perhaps?

Also really hope one is for a character with no real model change costume, like say Darbus for Darunia, or the Zora Queen for Ruto, and also hope the weapon is for a secondary character without one as well

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
What element will True Form Midna be? My friend insists it'll be Light, because twiLIGHT etc but I am pretty sure it'll be Dark.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why couldn't Midna be a weapon...for Midna?
I guess it would be weird to have Midna use her true self as a "weapon" but it's just as weird to have two Midnas.
That aside the fact her weapon is the Mirror of Twilight is interesting and even if I don't like her true form I will definitely give it a shot.

Also, her element will be determined by her weapon since she actually has one.
Since the Mirror of Twilight is a divine creation I'm going to go with Light.

Watch it end up being, like, Fire, or something.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Why couldn't Midna be a weapon...for Midna?
I guess it would be weird to have Midna use her true self as a "weapon" but it's just as weird to have two Midnas.
That aside the fact her weapon is the Mirror of Twilight is interesting and even if I don't like her true form I will definitely give it a shot.

Also, her element will be determined by her weapon since she actually has one.
Since the Mirror of Twilight is a divine creation I'm going to go with Light.

Watch it end up being, like, Fire, or something.
It's like suggesting Sheik being a Zelda weapon. Sure, Zelda and Sheik separation have something to do with the scenario, but they don't have the same 3D model. The Great Fairy is an (awesome) exception, as she carry Link in a bottle. It's already weird to see Proxi saying "you did it, Link" while the Great Fairy did all the work, imagine playing as True Midna, but Imp Midna's face still appear.
Again, I think it's not the best choice, but it's not a bad choice either.

About the weapon type, it's either Light or Dark. I suggest light as it's a divine creation as you said, but it's also Midna without a curse. Plus, mirrors reflect light :awesome:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Ya I just read that too. It looks nice. What I am interested about is this:
"For one of the costumes, you can dress Link up as a certain familiar character from the Zelda series. It may make you say ""Wow!"" so I hope you'll look forward to it."
I wonder what this is. And I hope the pre-order DLC costumes are there for Link/Zelda. Not too long to wait so all good. I'll be getting this 2 days before I get SSB WiiU so I'll be able to enjoy it before Smash Bros hits.

I don't mean to double post, but...

I've finally gotten Zant's level 3 weapon after raising his level to 70, along with increasing his attack badge supply. It was a pretty close call though. Sadly, I took too much damage, so the second Gold Skulltula was beyond my reach for this run.
Well done. I'm sure you'd ace it eventually.
And yeah, forget about the 2nd Skulltula on A rank runs. Just get the 2nd Skulltula later when you have a 5 star rank 3 weapon. And don't care about A Ranking it anymore.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
You guys, for the last time, the pre-order costumes will not be in the currently announced packs, but they are coming

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=241938
Nintendo customer service says Hyrule Warriors retailer-specific DLC will be available for all to purchase later
Nov 17, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy
Coming from a Nintendo customer service rep...

Regarding your email, I can certainly understand your desire to acquire all of the different costume sets offered during the Hyrule Warriors DLC: Retailer Pre-order Promotion. According to the information I have, the three costume packs will be available to purchase as DLC for the game in the future. As of this date we do not yet have an ETA for when the DLC will be available for purchase; however, I recommend that you visit http://zelda.com/hyrule-warriors often to keep up-to-date with all of the current information available regarding this request.

Thanks to Gordon for the heads up!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I will believe that when I see it. The Nintendo rep said what he/she was told to say. But I have zero faith in Nintendo on this point.
Thanks for the info though.
It's already cruel enough that you could only choose one of the DLC packs if you pre-ordered. I never pre-ordered the game, so I didn't get any of the pre-order DLC costumes.

the8thark

Smash Lord
It's already cruel enough that you could only choose one of the DLC packs if you pre-ordered. I never pre-ordered the game, so I didn't get any of the pre-order DLC costumes.
NA got the choice as you said.
Australia only got the Ocarina DLC. No choice at all. (so I have one DLC, but it's not the one I wanted)
Europe had no DLC if I remember correctly.
I agree this was a very cruel thing Nintendo/KT did.

Top Bottom