• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

husband and wife commentating = god tier

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
i play melee casually but really enjoy watching pro matches. I can say from all the commentary i've ever seen husband and wife are by far my favourite. So informative and just full of plain WIN. Any one agree? :)

null55

Smash Master
idk, i got over that 2006 ****.

papa dave is where it's at though.

VA

Smash Hero
that commentary is the worst ever. he's never allowed to do it again, he doesn't say anything of use just speaks in the most annoying voice I've ever heard.

Husband kind of sucks at commentating imo, Wife is fantastic though. The best commentator seen in the smash community by far.

vZakat

Half Genie
There commentating is interesting. After about 1-2 matches though I get kinda bored with it since I know most of the match ups and they talk about it so much. On the other hand, waffles and phil is just kinda making jokes and hyping things up. I liked it best when waffles and wife commentated for that short amount of time. It was the perfect blend of hype and insight. Not to mention it made it east and west so it wasn't biased.

this is still the best though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R-QCsES8_M

G~low

Smash Apprentice
I miss that evo guy lmao,

"ohhhh maann...oh maaaan."

But in all seriousness here I always liked Husband & Wifes' commentary.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yea husband and wife are easily the best, they talk about the match up and maintain hype when needed.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I've heard Scar and wife commentate and they're pretty good save scar johning about puff being too good

Rayku

Smash Lord
Husband and Wife are fantastic. It's as if they're giving a lesson :)

Dogysamich is a legitimate commentator because he commentates on the match.

Every well-known commentator has their own style.

Phil and Waffles just go "OHHHHH" a lot. It's...hype-inducing, but pretty lame.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Husband and Wife need to keep commentating it's too good. ;D
yeah this. It's really good.

For future major tournaments, the set commentators should be Wife for info, D1 for sexy espn commentary, and DA Dave for the hype.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Husband and Wife on the mic are way too good. D1 is awesome too.

Waffles/Phil/DA Dave/DJN for hype commentary. Their style is perfect for something like crew battles.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Wife is the best if you're new to the scene or something but when you know everything they are saying already then its like meh.

I personaly like waffles and phil more cuz they straight up make me laugh i dont really care about "commentary" simply because i know the game well i dont need someone telling me what i know already.

pacostaco123

Smash Cadet
Waffles and Phil can make any match seem waaaay more hyped than it actually is, so they get first imo.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I've heard Scar and wife commentate and they're pretty good save scar johning about puff being too good
That was hilarious. My favorite part of his commentary. If you knew him and got his humor you'd feel the same way. xD

n1000

Smash Journeyman
DJ is not getting enough love. He's an extremely knowledgeable player, and truly shines in commentating unusual match-ups.

HMW/Phil are awesome, of course. They provide commentary for literally every norcal tourney and I think sometimes they run out of things to say for no other reason than the sheer volume of matches they record/commentate. If they sort of split the task, something like Waffles continuing to hype us up and Phil shifting towards more metagame discussion/commenting on tactics I think they'd be even better.

Wife is god-tier. He's the only commentator to keeps his statements relevant while maintaining a natural, well-paced rapport with whomever he's commentating.

D1's voice...:love:

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I like most commentators these days but I just wanna say that Dogy is waaay underrated.

From what ive heard of dogy he's probably my favorite..

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Wife is a really good commentator. But I still think that HMW/Phil are the best.

(But when Waffles and Wife commentated together, that was truly god tier)

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
no disrespect to phil n waffles, theyre great for some stuff and put in a lotta work to the commentary scene, but theyre pretty dire when they dont have combos to hype on. its pretty much a lot of 'aiiiight... we got X and Y...' . i prefer dj nintendo or wife/husb for 'boring' matchups cause they fill the gaps a bit better with the matchup comments. also people like sliq, doggy, etc are underrated and probably some more that ive heard limited commentary of, found hilarious, and forgotten about. da dave is classic too obviously.

Top Bottom