• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hubert is insanely overpowered.

RyN

Smash Apprentice
Gold mine for posts you say??? Hmm. Excellent.

But for serious, IC are just fine, their CG is annoying but it can be worked around.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
Saying don't get grabbed is such an incompetent response on how to fight IC's. It WILL happen eventually and when it does, if someone has mastered the infinite grab like this guy is saying, death will be imminent.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
honestly what I find the most interesting is nobody says **** about falco. He has the EASIEST 0-death combo. My nephew can do it.
It's supremely easy. And it works.
Relation to Ice Climber cgs how??

Anyways, they shouldn't be banned for a technique that no one has mastered yet. They might be close to it but no, no one has. CG's are very hard to time and most Ice Climbers who are good don't spam grab for CG's. It's very rare for someone to 0-death in a tourney because of the IC's horrible grab range.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
out of curiosity (and despriation at this point) can you guys see my avitar? it shows up as long as i don't change the page/turn off my web browser. like i just logged in and in it said it couldn't find the file...

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
out of curiosity (and despriation at this point) can you guys see my avitar? it shows up as long as i don't change the page/turn off my web browser. like i just logged in and in it said it couldn't find the file...
No, I can't see it.

Yeah, that has happened to me a lot when I did custom avatar so I just set it to one of Smash forums so that it wouldn't keep disappearing.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
honestly what I find the most interesting is nobody says **** about falco. He has the EASIEST 0-death combo. My nephew can do it.
You're funny. I hear 1000x more **** talk about Falco over IC and it's not a 0 to death. You can jump out of the spike before you die.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
That's some pretty flawless photoshopping there Nintendogs.

When I first looked at it, I thought it was in-game, until I saw the source picture for Hubert... you almost had me. :p
I didn't even use photoshop, just the plain basic MS Paint...lol

ignore this incriminating post
YOU STOLE MY WIFI TAUNT PRHASE(in your sig)!!! IM GONNA ARREST YOU FOR PLAGARISM!!!

IC's arent broken; thier chaigrab is
Well, if you actually read every single post of the 14 spammed pages of this thread maybe you would understand that their CG isn't broken! Whats wrong with you people!

/sarcasm

Saying don't get grabbed is such an incompetent response on how to fight IC's. It WILL happen eventually and when it does, if someone has mastered the infinite grab like this guy is saying, death will be imminent.
Its not incompetent at all. Thats why their not top tier, because people dont get grabbed.

Yeah sure... Tell it to the Falco boards

You're funny. I hear 1000x more **** talk about Falco over IC and it's not a 0 to death. You can jump out of the spike before you die.
I know, whenever I play falco all the noobs send me visitor messages on how I CG'd them and say its unescapable and should be banned...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
awww sorry haha! i'd use it... but all the custom avatars are being glitched up and not showing up lately

this weavile avatar is from smashboards

i think when they get the customs to start workign again i'll go back to nia or mamimi lol

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Falco's grab is NOT an instant death unless the opponent has never faced it before. Proper DI will save you from the spike. It also only works up to 45 percent on most of the cast, some even less. Compared to D3's infinite and IC's infinite, that's pretty weak.

Rykard

Smash Ace
what i find funny is that "all you did is chaingrab" has become the john for every person that loses to ice climbers. whats funny is that half the time, i only get like 1 or 2 grabs off a match and yet it still is considered stupid even though i mess up

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
it's pretty much a battle between the protector of dumb AI and dumb AI hunter. the hunter wins if he kills what the protector is protecting.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey, lurker here.

Should- should I be scared if I think I can do the alternating grab near perfectly already?

I practiced for. . . uhh. . . umm. . . five minutes?

Too bad I don't like the Climbers that much (and/or suck at doing anything else with them). But if the grab will win me tourneys. . .

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Ic's are broken because every single character can chaingrab them... duh...

O wait.... did i get that wrong?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
See the stars in the sky when you are at a natural place like a campsite?

That's actually the dust falling off hubert's shoes.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Normally I would be sick to my stomch with topics like this but after reading a few pages after page three I lol'd. I like this thread. :D

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
ewe at the ganon moveset, but i like the brown popo idea.
I am going to actually try to make a completely new texture just for Hubert (but still same shape/size as Popo and Nana). That's not a very big problem though, its incorporating the button combinations for his (well it's worth a try...) new moveset! (Its still a problem though even if you have Hubert have popo's moveset). The Ice Climbers are a very confusing character when it comes to hacking brawl. There's about a 60/40 chance this could actually happen (40 Yes) (60 No). It would also be very hard to make hubert follow around both climbers. Also I would have to buld in to hubert a specific AI similar to Nana's (which hasn't been discovered yet). That would be the hardest part.

I try to work on it when I have the time. (mainly weekends)

And post #200!

Top Bottom