• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hubert is insanely overpowered.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I am going to actually try to make a completely new texture just for Hubert (but still same shape/size as Popo and Nana). That's not a very big problem though, its incorporating the button combinations for his (well it's worth a try...) new moveset! (Its still a problem though even if you have Hubert have popo's moveset). The Ice Climbers are a very confusing character when it comes to hacking brawl. There's about a 60/40 chance this could actually happen (40 Yes) (60 No). It would also be very hard to make hubert follow around both climbers. Also I would have to buld in to hubert a specific AI similar to Nana's (which hasn't been discovered yet). That would be the hardest part.

I try to work on it when I have the time. (mainly weekends)

And post #200!
in melee there was a clone code for the AR. maybe try and use that and make the clone a different texture... or make a hubert texture be just a single ice climber... i dunno, i'm just bsing here... :p

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
in melee there was a clone code for the AR. maybe try and use that and make the clone a different texture... or make a hubert texture be just a single ice climber... i dunno, i'm just bsing here... :p
Melee and the AR are a completely different story. They differ very much from Brawl (a whole different system and gaming engine) and Ocarnia (completely different program without the use of external hardware).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol Nintendogs you are freaking amazing.

Hubert is too good

3 ice climbers

Hubert is not the father, he's just the big beastly buddy who helps them along

he eats topis like crackers

you know that pterodactyl that holds the fruit for ic's? hubert's mouth is so big like the night sky, that sometime the pterodactyl flies in without even noticing

hubert can chain grab with each of his fingers

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hubert is the 3rd ice climber

he was actually the first

the ice climbers are pretty much his testes

yeah i said it

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet
Well, some points are completely ******** in this thread, (like mine), but I think banning chaingrabs is enough, we don't need every character disappearing now, do we...?

Astrokirby

Smash Cadet
Well compared to Snake... it isnt as broken as him (Disjounted Hitboxes, etc).
And MK, has spammy moves (Whornado, SideB, Tilts, A on ground (holded), etc.)
Throws will never, IMO, be as broken as those two.

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
The IC's aren't considered for one reason: MK.

People are talking about the highest God Tier for banning. Not the characters currently hovering mid-top. Yes, they are quite competitive and complex, but it takes a lot of effort to master these characters. It took me forever to get the hang of chaingrabs and after hours I still haven't quite perfected them. It's like MK, you can beat them, they're not unstoppable.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Also, Melee fox had a whole bunch of infinites while being top tier but did you see anyone go around banning him??? No, because it was so hard to do these infinites. Same thing with Ice Climbers.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
people who talk about infinite cging in this thread dont really know what this thread is about

IDIOTS!!

this thread is about

3 ice climbers is too good and should be banned from tournys

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh gawd, if there was three Ice Climbers, I would go nuts just to get one KO. @_@

YiffyBaro

Smash Cadet
This better be the longest thread in IC board history. Even longer than any threads in Melee's IC board.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Hubert once went skydiving, then he decided not to do it again. One Grand Canyon is enough.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Hubert decides what lives and what dies, this is why Hubert is in Brawl, because the world can't handle him.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Lol fun ice climbers dittos nintendogs :O

I don't know if you guys didn't already discovered this

its pretty situational though

If you grab with nana and popo is in front (and opponent is 100%+)

Grab release to fully charged upsmash <33333333333

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Lol fun ice climbers dittos nintendogs :O

I don't know if you guys didn't already discovered this

its pretty situational though

If you grab with nana and popo is in front (and opponent is 100%+)

Grab release to fully charged upsmash <33333333333
i almost died laughing. i can't believe you didn't know about that. its essentially the same as bthrow to charged usmash.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ah i'm just messin' with ya. but yes, it is well known and document. its a favorite for killing people out of a cg you can't finish.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Anyways, I love how you can do anything with ice climbers grabs. I love their grabbbbbbbbbsssssss

Top Bottom