• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hubert is insanely overpowered.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Honestly, I'm surprised that nobody has brought up the 2-character issue. Since there's TWO climbers and ONE opponent, any and every match involving Ice Climbers is unfair. A 2-on-1 advantage is obviously more than enough to warrant a ban. The same goes for Olimar and his Pikmin.

Alternatively, we could come up with some sort of system where the IC player kills off his/her Nana by jumping far enough off the stage and using Bup recovery. (As for Olimar, we could just ban his standard B, and his metagame would probably revolve around Utilt and Utaunt.)
I hope that was a joke.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'm surprised that nobody has brought up the 2-character issue. Since there's TWO climbers and ONE opponent, any and every match involving Ice Climbers is unfair. A 2-on-1 advantage is obviously more than enough to warrant a ban. The same goes for Olimar and his Pikmin.

Alternatively, we could come up with some sort of system where the IC player kills off his/her Nana by jumping far enough off the stage and using Bup recovery. (As for Olimar, we could just ban his standard B, and his metagame would probably revolve around Utilt and Utaunt.)
if this was serious then you just epicly failed.... XD

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero

A: The two character issue came up in Melee
B: The only way that that would BE an issue would be if the player controlling IC was good enough to control them as if two seperate people were controlling each climber. And honestly, if they can do that, they deserve to win anyways.
C: Kill Nana yourself.

Two ice climbers isn't that big a difference...

THREE on the other hand....
IMAGINE THE DESYNCHS! :O
But what would the third one be named? :/

Oh yeah and HAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAAHA! In case it wasn't known what I thought for Taylor's suggestion.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord

No.

10char

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The need that kind of wisdom on their team in order to succeed. Can't always have little kids running around in multicolored coats.

Hubert should always be brown no matter what color the IC's use.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Go watch Azen vs Chu-dat.
Azen made sure not to get grabbed. Every time he did get grabbed he was ****ed over.
Your champion of Alternate throwing better have an Ultimate Alternate Throwing Guide.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
yea I have a lot of trouble vs the ice climbers, even If i get an opening and an punish one of them. The other grabs me and then the chain grabbing continues. I have no idea what to do when im on the edge. They are pretty easy to edge guard though. What are some moves I should "spam" if I am Rob? That is my best cp against them.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
yea I have a lot of trouble vs the ice climbers, even If i get an opening and an punish one of them. The other grabs me and then the chain grabbing continues. I have no idea what to do when im on the edge. They are pretty easy to edge guard though. What are some moves I should "spam" if I am Rob? That is my best cp against them.
Were sorry, but this is a spamming only section. The non-spamming area is located outside of this thread, directly below you. Please enjoy your stay in the IC fourms!

/airplane announcer voice

Peregrinus Falconidae

Smash Journeyman
Hah, I laughed at the post script. It sounds like some sort of Lord of the Rings thing - attain the power and then destroy it. Then again once you had the power why would you ban it? Ha.

That's why I recently picked up ICs. People can complain all they like yet once they pick them up there's no going back.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
****, Hubert is so tall.

Anyways, how would belay look like, I mean there's the start of the rope and the end... 0.o

Squall too. 3 people spinning around seems kinda messy :*(

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
****, Hubert is so tall.

Anyways, how would belay look like, I mean there's the start of the rope and the end... 0.o

Squall too. 3 people spinning around seems kinda messy :*(

Belay: popo throws nana, then hubert, then gets pulled/launched into the edge (3 character edge grab)

squall: three ics back to back spinning. think helicopter.

blizzard: popo forward, nana behind, hubert straight up.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL TOO GOOD NINTENDOGS

man think of the grab infinites they can do

if you space their dsmash and the opponent is right behind u, it'll do 70% damage

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Let's contact Nintendo or Sakurai about 3 ice climbers xD

Ish make them broken, but just makes them fun as hell =D

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Kill Nana, Don't get grabbed, No johns, blah blah blah. -_-;

If someone loses to a player that runs around the stage grabbing randomly, they deserved to lose.
Well, I don't agree on banning the IC, because it is a stupid idea, just as stupid as banning MK.

But people who main IC, arn't grabbing randomly. Eventually you will get grabbed. And then you can say 'bye' to your stock.

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
Isn't there a percent range where the enemy is at too high of a damage percent to be grabbed again after a Dthrow and you're at a low enough percent to break free before the IC that isn't grabbing you jumps up to do an Fair spike?

Taylor

Smash Cadet
his metagame would probably revolve around Utilt and Utaunt.)
I was hoping this made it more clear, but apparently not...eh, whatever.

Anyway, what relation does Hubert have, exactly? I know that Popo and Nana are siblings, but...I dunno, Hubert just seems a lot older. I certainly hope he's not a pedoOlder sibling might work.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I was hoping this made it more clear, but apparently not...eh, whatever.

Anyway, what relation does Hubert have, exactly? I know that Popo and Nana are siblings, but...I dunno, Hubert just seems a lot older. I certainly hope he's not a pedoOlder sibling might work.

who said the ICs were siblings?

Top Bottom