• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hubert is insanely overpowered.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
banning mk could make the IC's more 'broken', since mk is one of (maybe the only?) true hard counter to IC's. at the very least, i think IC's will definitely go up the tier list. :)

xzerolegend

Smash Cadet
i play someone who can consistantly chain grab me from 0% to death, and rarely ever messes up once hes got me. they arent constantly trying to grab me though. hes able to desync IC's very well and do things like having nana use Down B to hold me in place while popo grabs. havent played them enough though to find away to keep them from grabbing me. and hes good even without using the grabs and is able to set them up very well.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
cool add me now and i'll add you this weekend. we'll schedule a time latter.
ill add you when I get home later today.

so some idiot can talk about how he only uses CGs and is so UBER PWNG with his ICs.... its sad really.
I KNOW!!! HE is so UBER PWNG! he can do a chaingrab that does 20%! Its just amazing of what his IC can do. I cant believe Ive never seen anything like this. This is a whole new step for the IC's metagame!!!

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
This thread is just funny now, anyway IC grabs alone aren't good enough to be broken if they were, then a lot of people would be turning to IC to kill MK with just that CG alone but I don't see anything like that happening.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
ill add you when I get home later today.

I KNOW!!! HE is so UBER PWNG! he can do a chaingrab that does 20%! Its just amazing of what his IC can do. I cant believe Ive never seen anything like this. This is a whole new step for the IC's metagame!!!
Wow 20%, that's so good...Lol why ban the ICs anyways, a chaingrab isn't perfect with all IC users.

chetjan

Smash Cadet
I agree with u, anything unescapable should be banned
The only issue is that it is so hard to do, that only a select few can do it consistently, that it doesnt rly matter- but i do think it should be banned

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
The only issue is that it is so hard to do, that only a select few can do it consistently, that it doesnt rly matter- but i do think it should be banned

Well, look at your signature. :/

This is going to be like, what...everyone being banned 1 by 1? ._.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
LOL this is so funny!!!

you didnt even realize we were being completely sarcastic... and you agreed with that statement!

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I fully endorse banning the Ice Climbers chaingrab because it is totally BROKEN. I also support banning Meta Knight because it is a shock that very good characters win a lot. This is clear evidence that he is BROKEN. Come to think of it, I've been Ganoncided on occasion, so I'm going to go ahead and call for a ban on Ganondorf because it is totally BROKEN and unblockable!!!

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
I fully endorse banning the Ice Climbers chaingrab because it is totally BROKEN. I also support banning Meta Knight because it is a shock that very good characters win a lot. This is clear evidence that he is BROKEN. Come to think of it, I've been Ganoncided on occasion, so I'm going to go ahead and call for a ban on Ganondorf because it is totally BROKEN and unblockable!!!
wait... youre being sarcastic right?

I cant tell anymore because now I know how stupid people can be.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Gosh Nintendogs, I hate fighting your Ice climbers >:O
It takes me so much effort just to not get grabbed by you

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Let's get another ten pages. This ought to do it: What would happen to the IC's tier position if MK were to be banned?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well i don't believe in tiers, but it would most likely rise, but probably not by much. i mean MK is just one character. tourney-wise i think it would be a vast improvement in rank.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Everyone would instant start playing R.O.B or IC's, most players would play R.O.B since he is easier...

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Someone Bowser's Fsmash this topic please, this thread is like pointless...

An MK ban might increase the chances of ICs gonig up in tourney, but idk by how much 0.o

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Snake has such a different playstyle, though. I can see lots of former MK mains going to Game and Watch or ROB, maybe even Falco.

Taylor

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I'm surprised that nobody has brought up the 2-character issue. Since there's TWO climbers and ONE opponent, any and every match involving Ice Climbers is unfair. A 2-on-1 advantage is obviously more than enough to warrant a ban. The same goes for Olimar and his Pikmin.

Alternatively, we could come up with some sort of system where the IC player kills off his/her Nana by jumping far enough off the stage and using Bup recovery. (As for Olimar, we could just ban his standard B, and his metagame would probably revolve around Utilt and Utaunt.)

Top Bottom