• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Would You Rate Yourself???

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
If they powershield everything you've got, it's understandable. But even in Brawl, I don't quite understand how people can lose to a CPU.
I don't lose to them! I just cannot three-stock them (not counting battles where I get lucky)....

lrastart

Smash Rookie
on the first rating system maybe im around 65
on the second id place myself around 4-5 probly 4

lol everyone seems too lazy to read the second rating chart

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Or if you can at least beat a level 9, that could be a 40 at best.
I guess I'm around 40 then. I can 3 stock lvl 9s with my mains and seconds with relative ease (unless they are just powershielding everything or I'm having a really off day), but I've only JV 4 stocked a lvl 9 once.

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.... I am probably a 65-70 on the first rating system, and a 4-5 on the second one. However, I have been practicing alot lately and I think i have improved.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Roughly I'm at 67-70.
I can kill up to level 7 CPUs (bit of a struggle with 8s, and not too good with 9s) but I still need to try more combos and dodge faster, even though dodging Tabuu's Off Waves (on Normal to Hard) and then taunting is easy for me. I still need to learn, but I don't ever think I'll be able for matches against master players.
That means you're a 20 or 30.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Roughly I'm at 67-70.
I can kill up to level 7 CPUs (bit of a struggle with 8s, and not too good with 9s) but I still need to try more combos and dodge faster, even though dodging Tabuu's Off Waves (on Normal to Hard) and then taunting is easy for me. I still need to learn, but I don't ever think I'll be able for matches against master players.
Yeah, I'd like to see some of you all fight. Me? I've got no Youtube account or any knowledge of posting videos.

My official answer is .... 55-60. :) Yep. Although, I'm a little out of practice and I haven't entered a tourney yet...
I can only fight level sevens, too, but I can kill level nines. I just have trouble with them sometimes.

But Straked, just cause of that, doesn't mean you suck online. I was able to give a lot of expert Brawlers from different places a decent challenge.
I don't lose to them! I just cannot three-stock them (not counting battles where I get lucky)....
People PLEASE do not rate yourselves playing against computers.

Only when you'll understand that playing them is not the same as playing other people you will be able to rate yourselves better.

I play against other players who are from varying skills levels (5-10) in my community and thus, when I compare myself to these players I can rate myself a 7. No more no less. Well, less in Melee but that's another story.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Ever made it out of pools at an offline tournament?
You're really aggressive about this, aren't you? Just joking. :laugh:

Only when you'll understand that playing them is not the same as playing other people you will be able to rate yourselves better.
Revolving around Straked's theory, I'm below fifty. :( I would rather believe these words, though, possibly because I dislike the first fifty numbers. In this case, my answer would again be 50-60, except I'm really out of practice, so I will judge on before I took too long of a break.

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice

I play against other players who are from varying skills levels (5-10) in my community and thus, when I compare myself to these players I can rate myself a 7. No more no less. Well, less in Melee but that's another story.
Dude, I'm not rating myself based on computers >_> I was just replying to that guy.

I rated myself purely from my online experience...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You're really aggressive about this, aren't you? Just joking. :laugh:
No, not really. I asked a legitimate question. Here's how my list goes.

• 0 - You don't own the game.
  • 1 - You play by yourself, or maybe with a sibling. You don't know of any competitive rules, so you play with items on stages set to "random".
  • 2 - You've discovered this site and read up on the rules. You play timed matches against CPU's still, but you don't exactly win every time.
  • 3 - You finally implement the rules. You can beat some lower-level CPU's, but have yet to get past a level 7.
  • 4 - You play 3-stock, neutral/CP stages only, and can occasionally take down a level 9 if you counter-pick.
  • 5 - You've acquired wi-fi since your friends in the neighborhood won't play. This is your only practice. Note: If you only play wi-fi, you're only about as good as a 5.
  • 6 - You play both online, and offline friendlies against some decent opponents that know what they're doing.
  • 7 - You regularly attend tournaments. By now, you've given up on serious wi-fi.
  • 8 - You can place fairly high, despite having some very impressive competition. You're approaching the top 8.
  • 9 - If you win money often, and consistently place high, you're at this stage. 88 - 95 is usually for state ranked players.
  • 10 - Isai.

Revolving around Straked's theory, I'm below fifty. :( I would rather believe these words, though, possibly because I dislike the first fifty numbers. In this case, my answer would again be 50-60, except I'm really out of practice, so I will judge on before I took too long of a break.
50 - 60's stretching it, if you can't even beat a level 9...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
50 - 60's stretching it, if you can't even beat a level 9...
!!! Hey, I can beat a level nine! What I said was, I cannot can rarely 3-stock a level nine. Make of that what you will.

That said, your list makes the most sense in my opinion, and I mean that sincerely.
Sorry, JUDGE...

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
No, not really. I asked a legitimate question. Here's how my list goes.

• 0 - You don't own the game.
  • 1 - You play by yourself, or maybe with a sibling. You don't know of any competitive rules, so you play with items on stages set to "random".
  • 2 - You've discovered this site and read up on the rules. You play timed matches against CPU's still, but you don't exactly win every time.
  • 3 - You finally implement the rules. You can beat some lower-level CPU's, but have yet to get past a level 7.
  • 4 - You play 3-stock, neutral/CP stages only, and can occasionally take down a level 9 if you counter-pick.
  • 5 - You've acquired wi-fi since your friends in the neighborhood won't play. This is your only practice. Note: If you only play wi-fi, you're only about as good as a 5.
  • 6 - You play both online, and offline friendlies against some decent opponents that know what they're doing.
  • 7 - You regularly attend tournaments. By now, you've given up on serious wi-fi.
  • 8 - You can place fairly high, despite having some very impressive competition. You're approaching the top 8.
  • 9 - If you win money often, and consistently place high, you're at this stage. 88 - 95 is usually for state ranked players.
  • 10 - Isai.
To be honest, I think I'm between a four and a five on your list. All I play is Wi-Fi, I don't attend any tourneys (except for online forum ones, but I fail utterly at them), and I can occasionally take down level nines, but level sevens or eights are good for me.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I can only fight level sevens, too, but I can kill level nines. I just have trouble with them sometimes.
What were you saying again? I mean, this is a "rate yourself" thread. It'll never be accurate because some people don't know how good they really are.

I just see too many outrageous claims.

Would you like to play over wi-fi some time?

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
Well as a pessamistic person... probably 50.. I'm constantly saying I fail at Brawl but others say, If I work on a few things I can be pretty good. I can top a level 9 no problem (it's not hard anyway..) I'll put up a decent fight but I probably won't win.. Make what you will from this...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I consider myself a 92. I'm undoubtedly one of the best out there.

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
What were you saying again? I mean, this is a "rate yourself" thread. It'll never be accurate because some people don't know how good they really are.

I just see too many outrageous claims.

Would you like to play over wi-fi some time?
Well I rate myself based on how well I think I am, and the feedback from many of the expert Brawlers I faced. I review everything, then give a rough estimate of what I think I am.

Yeah, we could play if you want. That way I could get an accurate rating for once, if that's what you meant.

I never said I was the best, but I'm not the worst either. I've fought some really good Brawlers, ones that actually have been to tournaments, and got some feedback from them. They said I was decent, but I'm definitely no where near pro, either.

I've never fought anyone who said I straight down sucked. They may have said I have a lot of things to work on and such, but no one has ever said I 100% sucked.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well I rate myself based on how well I think I am, and the feedback from many of the expert Brawlers I faced. I review everything, then give a rough estimate of what I think I am.

Yeah, we could play if you want. That way I could get an accurate rating for once, if that's what you meant.
I'd gladly play a few games over wi-fi, just for giggles.

I'm terrible though, be warned. I'm an 18 on every list. :ohwell:

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
6 - Competitive Intermediates
Definite (technical) mastery over universal advanced techniques like SHFF and DAC. Understands a fair number of character-specific techniques and can execute them consistently. Starting to understand the importance of character and stage matchups; may attempt to read opponents from time to time. Punishes a good number of mistakes that opponents make. At this stage, may start attending small tournaments.[/QUOTE]

Based on this, I would be about a 59-61. I don't win at tournaments, but I'm not compltely terrible at this game either. I've attended a few tournaments but haven't really placed that high, but I can read opponents and I don't get nervous.

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
I'd gladly play a few games over wi-fi, just for giggles.

I'm terrible though, be warned. I'm an 18 on every list. :ohwell:
Lol, don't worry. Usually the people that say they suck in advance are usually the ones who kick my *** :laugh:

Let's take this to PM so we don't spam, k? I'll let you know when I'm ready to Brawl cause I gotta make lunch and do my chore-of-the-day, all before my mom gets home.

Looking forward to the matches.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm... probably around 70. I'm good, sure, I can kick the com's rear end to the curb, and I rarely come across a player good enough to trounce me, but I don't push myself to get better, don't learn how to use the characters to their full potential, and stuff.
Then you aren't a 70.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Me and Straked both are a 7, flat out. He is a bit higher than me though D:.

EDIT: According to Straked's list I'm only a 5? **** you, I'm better than that.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hmmmm..... i don¨t believe that straked is that bad......
hahaha

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Me and Straked both are a 7, flat out. He is a bit higher than me though D:.

EDIT: According to Straked's list I'm only a 5? **** you, I'm better than that.
Yeah, you're a 5. Maybe I should make a wi-fi list.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I know for a fact I'm a 5.
I wish there was a single person that knew how to play Brawl within 50 miles of my house.

Top Bottom