• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Would You Rate Yourself???

AeryEcho

Smash Cadet
Um...I'll go with a 3/100 on the competitive level. I claim little to no superiority in Smash over anybody here .__.

By the descriptions in the other scale of 1-11,
I'm not sure. I guess I fit lvl 4 with lots of lvl 3 habits. I can't use advanced techniques to save my life, but I know the character front to back and use them effectively enough.
I'm second best in the group of people I know, but then again...that's likely just me being able to predict their actions from memory, not ability :p

PeachRose

Smash Cadet
On the 1-11 scale, I would say Im about 6.3.
I am pretty decent wih Peach, only problem is that I need to finish combos that I start.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Because not everyone is good at this game. Maybe 5 people that have even posted here regularly attend tournaments. Some don't even do well over wi-fi.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hmm i wouldn't say i go regulary to tournaments but if there is any around here i never miss it lol^^
sometimes i travel far away to go to bigger tourneys^^ that's why i would say i am in the upper 70's

but yeah i suck at wifi lol^^

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I'm at level 62. I would be higher if I attended a tournie.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
My number is so small you would need a microscope to see it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha at least people are honest now. back in melee, EVERYONE thought they were the bees knees

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
As of recently, I think I'm capable of judging myself better now. So this is my new answer.

4 - Pre-Intermediate Exploration
Has mastered all game basics; they have become second nature. Has started to experiment with more characters to the extent (or further) that they had done at stage 2 with one character. Has started to use techniques such as dash dancing or short hopping in small, sporadic amounts.
I indeed have mastered all the basics of the game and I can explore different characters more than I used to. However, I am way above the level of "has started to use techniques such as dash dancing or short hopping." I don't have to think to SHFF or things like that.

5 - Intermediates
Knows all character movesets front to back, if they hadn't known from earlier stages. Starting to use techniques like SHFF, DAC, and OoS options more frequently. May understand one or two small nuances in the characters they use, such as Grenade Dropping with Snake or Arrow Looping with Pit, but may not use those character-specific techniques completely effectively. Punishes some mistakes made by opponents.
I would say this level describes me best, but I haven't used every character, so I certainly do not know every character's moveset front to back and how to use them. Again, I'm not just now starting to use techniques like SHFFing, and I'm fairly good at punishing mistakes, though I myself see the mistakes I make and that's quite alot. I know how to exploit my characters' good options, and how to avoid dangerous situations with them. I definitely have alot to improve on, and I haven't faced many good opponents, so I lack actual experience.

6 - Competitive Intermediates
Definite (technical) mastery over universal advanced techniques like SHFF and DAC. Understands a fair number of character-specific techniques and can execute them consistently. Starting to understand the importance of character and stage matchups; may attempt to read opponents from time to time. Punishes a good number of mistakes that opponents make. At this stage, may start attending small tournaments.
I do understand a fair amount of character (Marth) specific techniques, and I know fairly well how to take advantage of stage picks and character match-ups. I try to read my opponents, and I can do it pretty well against even my hardest opponents. I can punish people's bad choices and I am at the stage to enter small tournies.

Overall, I rate myself in the five range. That's my honest opinion.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
That'd be wierd. :rotfl: Interestingly, have you rated yourself yet?
lol yeah i am probably an 101 just because i am sooo awesome lol^^

no not really i would say i am in the upper 70's
i often win regional tourneys and place in the top 20 in bigger ones

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I still have yet to Smash against other people other than my friends along with attending tournaments; but overall say I'm in the 30's.

I've only attended 1 tournament and got 16th out of 29-31 people (Opponent not too good) I got owned good in the 2nd round by getting two-stocked both matches.

I can barely beat 1 of my friends, go 50-50 against another and then beath the 3-4 other friends 70-95% of the time.

majora_787

Smash Hero
60, which from my experience is pretty good for someone in the "What's a tournament?" position. :laugh:

Top Bottom