• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would the meta-game change?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Jebus, you're missing the point. The reason no other main of any other character has good item control is due to the fact they have little to no exposure or experience to item gameplay in the first place, outside of the Diddy matchup and MAYBE the Zamus matchup.

If Diddy becomes the dominant force of the metagame, people are going to get off their ***es and learn how to control items better in order to combat the matchup, it's as simple as that.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Most players just don't (some don't because they can't) put that much time into their characters. MK is easier than most characters to pick up but there are a lot of characters that go even with him. Banning him because players would rather take the easy way out isn't competitive at all. We've seen it happen before and there is nothing stopping it from happening again unless the players give up.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Most players just don't (some don't because they can't) put that much time into their characters. MK is easier than most characters to pick up but there are a lot of characters that go even with him. Banning him because players would rather take the easy way out isn't competitive at all
they will put work into their character if they start losing.

and what does that second part have to do with items and diddy's bananas?

oh....that's right, nothing. it was a strawman.

edit: in fact the whole thing is a strawman considering you weren't responding bananas or diddy

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I'm done here. I don't want to keep posting in a thread that encourages taking the easy way out

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm done here. I don't want to keep posting in a thread that encourages taking the easy way out
words cannot express how happy I am.

oh, and btw, this thread doesn't promote anything. it's theory crafting if MK was already gone

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
So what exactly am I reading here...
I'm confused as hell.
reading what you said while looking at your avatar made me laugh.

and don't worry, even ankoku was confused by jebus

link2702

Smash Champion
love how jebus is saying banning meta is taking the easy way out for players..

because ya, you know...picking a character with zero bad matchups, no disadvantages whatsoever, a character that doesn't have to worry about the counterpick system, easy learning curve compared to rest of the cast, and some stages that are basically auto wins for him, isn't "taking the easy way out"

ADHD

Smash Hero
MK is the only character Diddy struggles with on those stages.

EDIT: He's obviously good at the match up since he only loses to top level MKs but he seems to have a mental block against those top level MK players
Mental block? Lol. I wish it was just a mental block. Metaknight is using moves in between my decision makings so I can't even physically keep up in this world's space and time.

Ksenics

Smash Rookie
i dont know who smashboards hates more, jebus or metaknight lawl. gotta say its hilarious though.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Mental block? Lol. I wish it was just a mental block. Metaknight is using moves in between my decision makings so I can't even physically keep up in this world's space and time.
The speed of attacks is one aspect of the game. If you know that you can't beat MK in a battle of which attack comes out faster than yours, you should focus on the aspects of the game that your character is better at. (Lol@giving ADHD advice, it's directed to everyone not really you specifically. inb4 ADHD would 3 stock me)

Doc King

Smash Lord
I don't understand the significance of this comment or where it's going
You said that King Dedede has not so many hard counters when I think that he does have many hard counters.
Jeebus you would make for an amazing journalist.

I also wasn't aware going diddy in 1 set vs 1 good person made you a co-main, but k.

Halberd uses snake as a secondary.
Is this a joke? (I hope so :awesome:)
We already went over this, though. Diddy loses to Snake and Wario, and goes even with a crapton of other characters, such as Luigi, Peach, TLink, and Falco. There are a lot more characters Diddy goes even with, as well, but I can't remember them right off the top of my head.

And don't forget, Diddy actually has bad stages that he can be counterpicked to. There are AT LEAST two such stages against Diddy's opponent's one stage ban; Brinstar and RC. There may be some other bad Diddy stages, but those two come to mind right off the bat. He's not like Meta Knight, where stage selection doesn't even matter because MK will **** you on any stage you CP him to regardless...

It's not like Diddy is the "cover all options" character Meta Knight is. He loses to some characters and doesn't even solidly beat a large portion of the cast, plus he can be counterpicked to a medley of different stages.

In addition, if, by some random quirk of fate, Diddy actually DOES somehow become the next Meta Knight, people will go ahead and learn proper item control, as well as the Single Naner Lock for their character(s), thereby shifting virtually every matchup slightly towards the non-Diddy characters' favors. That's how a meta-game works. That's how it evolves. You are not going to see this kind of progress with Meta Knight still legal.
If Diddy or someone else becomes the new mk, we can always put mk back in so that character and mk will have good balanced combat.
i dont know who smashboards hates more, jebus or metaknight lawl. gotta say its hilarious though.
For me it's MK because he's an annoying and cheap character.

One thing I wanna ask you guys, why do you guys bother responding to Jebus if he's just gonna ignore your arguments, we should all just ignore this guy and stop wasting our time arguing with this guy. ;)

Player-1

Smash Legend
You said that King Dedede has not so many hard counters when I think that he does have many hard counters.
Yeah and I said the BBR MU chart has 11 MUs that is +3 or greater. Which isn't that much since there are 37 other characters in brawl, also the fact that some of the MUs in D3 I disagree with being +3.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Yeah and I said the BBR MU chart has 11 MUs that is +3 or greater. Which isn't that much since there are 37 other characters in brawl, also the fact that some of the MUs in D3 I disagree with being +3.
Well, imo, King Dedede has a lot of hard counters. That's all I'm pretty much saying.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
If Diddy or someone else becomes the new mk, we can always put mk back in so that character and mk will have good balanced combat.
I don't know... I think the metagame is capable of evolving to be able to counter a wide variety of different outcomes after MK gets banned. It hasn't really been shown that any character outside of MK is capable of stagnating the metagame, so...

And Diddy does have those disadvantaged matchups, along with a buttload of evens, so I can't really see it happening in the first place...

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I don't see metaknight ever beeing banned, and then brought back.

The community is already fairly divided as it is regarding metaknight.

There will be people upset he's not banned, there will be plenty of people upset that he is banned.

How did one character create so much hate. :'(.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Btw d3 wario is not 70:30...
I'm not sure about other Wario's, but my King Dedede vs Warios is around there. I think in the future, the matchup will become like that. I don't see what Wario can really do to King Dedede besides out speed him. King Dedede has a lot of AT's on Wario like the up tilt and up smash air releases, sheild grabbing, one of the easiest slope infinites Dedede has, and awesome counter picks like Yoshi's, Halberd, Frigate, Delfino, Rainbow, EVEN BRINSTAR! I mean like pretty much every slope as far I know can make D3 infinite Wario if Wario is sent up due to his poor traction and d throw range. Also, D3 outranges him in pretty much everything with his bair, f tilt (Can punish Wario's Bite pretty good). D3 can also use Waddle Dee to force Wario to approach.

You guys might be thinking "Wario can just time out", but I don't see how Wario can time out good if D3 outranges him and leaves Wario in dangerous situations (Basically major pressure) and Wario doesn't have a good projectile, only a couple of wheels which are hard to pull off and D3 can make uses out of them too.

That's mainly it. I might have missed a few things, but this is what I got as of now.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The MU is even, I heard. Wario can do as much **** to D3 as he can to Wario. And the amount of grab setups in entirely dependent on the stage.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
really dont see how europe/japan never have mk probelms

but in us, everything is blamed on mk

america suggs

ban mk in dubz

Doc King

Smash Lord
The MU is even, I heard. Wario can do as much **** to D3 as he can to Wario. And the amount of grab setups in entirely dependent on the stage.
But if the Dedede is good, he/she can find good ways to use the setups. And I don't see what Wario can do to Dedede other than just dair, bite, nair, and f smash dedede. D3 has a lot more than Wario does. Wario's decent combos on D3 prevent the matchup imo from being extremely bad, only being D3's advantage (Which means Dedede does pretty good against Wario).

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
really dont see how europe/japan never have mk probelms

but in US, everything is blamed on mk

america suggs

ban mk in dubz
The thing is, here in Puerto Rico and Europe we don't have MK problems since very few people actually play gay, and those that do haven't perfected it like in the US.
The straight up P2W mentality only exists in US.
At least here in PR, we play mostly for fun since our tourney's payouts usually plain suck.

How did one character create so much hate. :'(.
How? Because they didn't ban him soon enough.
Think about it: People have been whining about it for the past 3 years in increasing numbers. If it was a large problem to begin with, getting it done quickly would have been much better,

But our young 7 year old community... in fact...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kErJS9CJVMU

People would have gotten over it by now... but alas...

Judo777

Smash Master
He's not bad, he just has like some mental block against top MKs
Yea I think I have a mental block against every person in the nation that can beat me. And I think I have mental blocks against MK's especially cause they beat me a lot. And I think it is no way influenced by the fact that my character is just worse than MK..............

I think its also fair to say that I am at LEAST a high level player, I only lose to TOP level players like Cheese, and MJG, and the occaisionally high level players like Joey. Yea that all makes sense right?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Yea I think I have a mental block against every person in the nation that can beat me. And I think I have mental blocks against MK's especially cause they beat me a lot. And I think it is no way influenced by the fact that my character is just worse than MK..............

I think its also fair to say that I am at LEAST a high level player, I only lose to TOP level players like Cheese, and MJG, and the occaisionally high level players like Joey. Yea that all makes sense right?
He beats Ally's Snake in winners, has a huge lead in losers, gets comboed by his MK and then just gives up. It sounds to me like he has a mental block against top level MKs. Same thing happens when he gets comboed by other top level MKs and it happened in his match against Seibrik

Top Bottom