• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Actually money technically isn't the issue for me. Nurses make pretty good. The real problem for me is I refuse to miss church because of a game, and not "any" old church is a church I'll attend.

Where is the Big House?

Linguini

Smash Master
lol sup guys.

I'm still playing locally once in a while, but I might go to my first tourney since apex in a couple weeks :)

I play falco more than ganon now haha but I still use ganon for certain matchups

oh and yo...spidersense is getting pretty nasty, ***** needs to oos

G. Vice

Smash Lord
lol sup guys.

I'm still playing locally once in a while, but I might go to my first tourney since apex in a couple weeks :)

I play falco more than ganon now haha but I still use ganon for certain matchups

Always wanted to play Spidey. And you too Linguini. But yeahhhhh Michigan, idk about all that.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lol sup guys.

Im surprised you wouldn't stick with Ganon all the way.. it still works wonders vs almost everybody until you get to top 10 players. lol.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Actually money technically isn't the issue for me. Nurses make pretty good. The real problem for me is I refuse to miss church because of a game, and not "any" old church is a church I'll attend.

Where is the Big House?
Even though I'm agnostic, I can respect this commitment. Props.

lol sup guys.

FALCO?? http://hahgay.com/

I really want to see SS go oos, for the vids and to see how he would do.

Linguini

Smash Master
LOL at the asian dude. Falco is pretty gay, I agree. Thing is at this point i'm not trying to put a lot of effort into my character and falco can allow me to do that. With ganon you always have to be on point...fox/falco are extremely easy to play compared to ganon at a high level.

I have no pride in my ganon I just use it as an annoying last resort/counter haha

Divinokage

Smash Legend
LOL at the asian dude. Falco is pretty gay, I agree. Thing is at this point i'm not trying to put a lot of effort into my character and falco can allow me to do that. With ganon you always have to be on point...fox/falco are extremely easy to play compared to ganon at a high level.

I have no pride in my ganon I just use it as an annoying last resort/counter haha
I disagree, all characters are super hard to play at top level. You know, I have been working on alts for a year and a half now, and it's still ridiculously hard to get them at the same level as my Ganon is, I'm very close but it still requires a lot of time to get to that point. And if you do take spacies, it's also much harder to be technically consistent while maintaining the ability to choose good decisions. And you have to deal with everyone knowing the matchup, how many new names of spacies do you see in top results these days? Not any at all, which means either the creativity isn't there for these guys or it's just THAT hard.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Maybe to non-religious people. It's a conviction that I can't compromise. I love smash, so for me to have to give it up is hard, but necessary.
The john is just being overly attached to your specific church. Seems rather unreasonable to me. I don't think your god will be upset with you worshiping him in another establishment dedicated to giving him praise. Live your life baby, thats all i'm saying. Come out and play some games and still take the time to give shoutouts to the lord in a house of god. Ur my boi tho so do what you must. Even the most devote of followers deserve a few indulgences from time to time.

unless you guys are doing some ritual sacrifices or some **** out there, then ya lol it might be rough to find a substitute for that. ****ing arkansas man, lil rock is a fine town.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Lmao trail. Ritual sacrifices huh?

And wtf geen, somebody else knows about that website? Good ****.

G. Vice, do what you must dude, no pressure from me, but I would love it if you came to big house. I'm already pretty stoked that Renth is gonna be there and if you come, we'll have the two smoothest looking ganons out there both in one place.

I met kage, black chris, and eikelmann at FC and that was mad cool. Ganon mains are the best

EDIT: Renth, I think you pioneered the ledge dash reverse ftilt thing. Filthy awesome. Totally reverses the pressure.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i probably COULD go to big house...NC is actually getting a car there...but rom5 and apex scream my name louder...and all 3 can't really happen =/

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
****, zane is in graduate school and takes his religion seriously. I don't at all, but if anything he johns IRL with smash. ok, now to completely steer the discussion about religion off the ganon boards being that should never happen anyway....

what is this "ganon house"(or the "big house"), and are they the same thing?

if so, apparently y'all haven't been to my place in NC.

probably why y'all think you're good at ganon dittos too.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
the big house 2 is the second annual tournament run by juggleguy and others at UMich in ann arbor. Last year had 110+ entrants for singles, and was very well run. Last year had big names from out of region: Canada (Unknown, KK, Raynex), WC (S2J, Lovage, SFAT), etc. This year will be good. Lots of ppl already confirmed.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I appreciate everyone's support. Yeah, I mean I won't lie, I know it sounds pretty out there. But you all just gotta believe as devoted I am to my religion that I wouldn't lie about the fact that I make every effort to be there but it just hasn't worked out yet. I have a website of churches around the country that I might be able to attend, and I'll see if there's something I can do. I know my boss asked if I had any preference for off days, so work may not be an issue.

@Trail -I know it sounds like a john, but you can ask everyone. I've never been able to go to a tourney that far from AR that I couldn't drive back to in time for church for.

@Naka- Really wanna bea- I mean meet you. Renth too.

All you Ganon's for that part. Although idk if Imma be a threat anymore. Not been playing much, but I think I could pick it up pretty quick :)

Renth

Smash Hero
i probably COULD go to big house...NC is actually getting a car there...but rom5 and apex scream my name louder...and all 3 can't really happen =/
You should go, I'll be there with pittsburgh and we can get some matches in

EDIT: Renth, I think you pioneered the ledge dash reverse ftilt thing. Filthy awesome. Totally reverses the pressure.
I don't do it as much as I use to, mostly because the people I played with got wise to it/ I did it way too much or some such bs. Either way yea it's great but mix it up! Instead of doing that just straight up try a ledge hop forward b or something.

/
Plus i'll be there. We might finally be able to meet up in person. :D
Vudujin and I need to play teams with you and Aaron A LOT to get ready for the tournament, since you guys are pittsburghs TEAM TO BEAT

**** project m.
+1.

I've played it, wasn't for me. Do I think it's the future of smash no? could it be I don't care, melee more than enough satisfies my lust for competitive gaming. Ian are you going to the big house? I am definitely not going to RoM and Apex is a huge maybe at this point. but I'm not sure about it just yet.

I don't like to talk about religion, so i'm going to stay out of the conversation. To each their own.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
i'll go to the big house if all of my debts are paid off, my relationship with jennifer magically ends, and i somehow get enough money to go all the way to michigan/enter the tournament.

oh, and i'd need to be able to practice, too. which won't happen because orlando is ****ing terrible.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
i'll go to the big house if all of my debts are paid off, my relationship with jennifer magically ends, and i somehow get enough money to go all the way to michigan/enter the tournament.

oh, and i'd need to be able to practice, too. which won't happen because orlando is ****ing terrible.
Try Little Rock, Arkansas why don't you? :)

Orlando is a happening place in comparison, I promise you.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I'm actually going to Big House, you guys gotta go easy on me, first tournament in pretty much a year.. if not longer. Probably longer. Good thing I got Drephen to shake off my rust.

Linguini

Smash Master
lool kage that is such a classic argument, usually coming from spacies players. My techskill is pretty average and I was destroying jman's fox easily with my falco. Being consistent with them isn't as hard as it's made out to be. They can cover so many options so quickly that it becomes muscle memory.

trust me I know what i'm talking about....I played only ganon for 5 years

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lool kage that is such a classic argument, usually coming from spacies players. My techskill is pretty average and I was destroying jman's fox easily with my falco. Being consistent with them isn't as hard as it's made out to be. They can cover so many options so quickly that it becomes muscle memory.

trust me I know what i'm talking about....I played only ganon for 5 years
And you think I haven't played even more than that or something? If it was really that easy, how come i don't really hear about your super Fox or Falco in the rankings? =)

Top Bottom