• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
man, fighting falcon without a top platform to camp/bait with is really freakin hard. i played $mike today for a couple hours, and in general, i got ***** with or without that platform, but i felt like i could play a lot better on BF/YS/DL64. it's just really hard to keep him from getting in without committing too early so as to avoid getting baited.

btw mike is mad legit. if you haven't heard of him, he made the bracket at rom3, and his falcon is getting better and better up in the NE.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
A rockcrock is a walltech-jump fair.

A looshkin is a walltech-jump fair into a double jump fair. This kills at 0%.

Linguini

Smash Master
ACE, at low percents an uair is sometimes a nice switchup. I did an uair--->fair off of a walltech and killed a falcon at like 30% today. Fair to fair is also doable but is easier to avoid than an uair to fair.

kupo15

Smash Hero
theorycraft here but, if they're at a low enough percent to survive the fair, then they could just DI the uair to escape a second hit and be even closer to the stage.

In singles at least, the fair is a 99.99999% kill though because even if they can make it back, you should have enough time to up-b -> grab edge -> ledge hop reverse uair tipman, maybe even enough time to just get back on stage and normally tipman.
If they are at low enough percent, I doubt they can escape two uairs or a uair then fair. Either that or just go for the down b lol

We need to stop forgetting that we have a second jump :p

DippnDots

Feral Youth
the down-b would be so epic... There's a fest this thursday i'll try a bunch of this stuff at.

PS kupo, is that a french horn in your sig?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Nice. Yea, I'm sorta a pre professional horn player going to school for it. I didn't know it was one when my horn friend showed me it either but now that I know, you can see it clearly haha

Palpi

Smash Hero
Wow sweet. I play trumpet in college aswell, but I am not as good as I should be. I am actually starting to teach beginner level trumpet players. =]

Palpi

Smash Hero
I need money, and I can't pass a drug test...so I teach tennis and hopefully I can find some trumpet students...

I am scared too...but then i realize that my students will be like 8,9,10,11 years old so they won't care lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The key thing you have to make sure when ledgehop wavelanding is that you're in the forward jump animation. That animation lift's Ganon's frame just enough for him to clear the edge.

The trick that I'm killing myself trying to figure out how to do is the ledgehop reverse waveland...which would otherwise be the perfect way to set up U-air edgeguards.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
it is pretty good. you can play tennis with your opponent fairly easily (ganon b-airs or u-airs, then falcon returns with u-air, b-air, f-air, or n-air)

major problem is that they both get gimped easily.
Yea me and my friend were considering teaming.... hax a guini vids are awesome tho...

I hate sheik

rhan

Smash Hero
Who is nc's y.link? Plur? I played rhan the other night. His ylink is kinda spammy but I was able to get inside and do work with the cg.

Also, there is some truth to that last part but sometimes you can't avoid shielding with ganon (esp vs spacies), so it's good to know the tricks.
That's the only way to play Young Link. Especially against Ganon. He's a big target so even if you just throw out the projectile they're just bound to hit him. Plus we die in 2-3 hits against him. So we have to play keep away the entire match and use our projectile auto combos to either kill or set up for an edgegaurd.

Those CG though... They happen so quick. And my DI is already terrible... :(

Also NC's YL's include:

Ocean
Smith
Somewhat Plur (He told me he quit YL)

nah smith lol. he's learning falco, but as of right now, his ylink is pretty beast. of course, i beat it with bair, but overall, it's actually pretty good.
Bair has some strong priority. But we're able to shield grab you out of it. Or we can just Nair OoS.

Man giving away my strat right before I go to a tourney in NC... I'm that cocky?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
oh, i was talking about fox's bair. it was a pretty hilarious match. he kept trying to shieldgrab, and it doesn't work vs fox.

also, i feel like a fully spaced bair on your shield won't get shieldgrabbed...but if we misspace at all, you would be...i guess we'll find out.

also, i'd really like it if someone commented on those vids i posted...

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I have a few words for ya Chris. I watched a few of your games.

Imo you're a little too grab happy. (since you're working on the CG though, that's understandable and okay)
I'm jealous of the chaingrab you have going. I recommend the occasional Ftilt after dThrow sometime. Your defensive Ftilts are hawt, and so are your uairs. That match on FD against sneak's falco- you Dthrew, Dsmashed and the Uair after that was impressive.

I noticed you missed a few edgeguards against spacies SideB. Reminded me of something I'd like to work on. When you can tell its coming don't Wavedash! I used to do that a bunch and get popped up and comboed for it. It sucks getting comboed after a recovery move that you could have stopped lol

If they're going on stage and you're not in position to stop it on time just CC it. Otherwise stand there and jab. ftilt. I've heard run-off Uair works if they're going for edge. Seems kinda risky, but it's an option food for thought.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
epic post o'clock nick

also: why don't ganons time a nonfast falled jump while their back is to the edge to edgeguard spacies. This allows you to press the cstick up or back on reaction to the side b and the uair hits below the stage. Then if they don't sideb they have to upb so you can just do whatever you want.

edit2: tried to find a guini vid of him doing this cause i swear i've seen him do it before, but realized that because of ganon's run speed it is quite hard for him to get to the edge and then turn his back before a sideb comes, at least against falco.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Sveet what you're saying is true, I do that quite often (jumping and waiting to bair/uair on reaction). You can get near the edge pretty quickly by dashing to a perfect wavedash forward to pivot.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmm....ccing phantasms is something i need to work on. good catch. i always wanna deal with them by either grabbing or getting back in time for a fair, but i know 9 times out of 10, that just won't be happening. only time that wavedash is useful is for repositioning vs falco if they side b to the edge and look for double lasers. then i get the right spacing to punish them for it.

sneak doubleshine -> grab'd me today. it made me quite sad inside. as if shine grab wasn't broken enough, now he's doubleshinegrabbing. glad he's my teammate.

I'm glad you noticed my ftilts though. i think they're really important in both the fox and falco matchup, but are probably more useful vs fox. they really are able to keep him at bay whenever he's feeling aggressive, and they really need to be looking for it in order to bait it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I won teams with Vwins at NY yesterday.. Ganon/Peach ftw like I said.. haha. =)

He got 3rd losing to Jman in winners and Vanz in losers.. I lost to Teczero and Vwins for 5th. I think that's pretty damn good, though i learned that one fail with Ganon = a stock.

Top Bottom