• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Vids of me vs Shiz.. well just to let you know that Shiz is insanely good. And I beat Jiano, KDJ, Jman and Azen. Can all those be flukes? I honestly doubt it.
5th... and not through an easy draw. Those results speak for themselves. I'm just gutted there aren't vids of those games.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
They are but this debate wasn't about who's the best Ganon.. It was about me with my warrior attitude on the boards and I guess some of you can't take it or don't believe me when I say I can do it.

But, I will do it and I don't care what you guys say. I'm gonna be the hero to take down Mango!
Does Kage remind anyone else of Ash Catchum?
I swear, I cant even talk about Kage anymore without imagining him as this guy.

"I wanna be, the verry best! Like no one ever waaaaaaaaas!"
Dum, dum, buh dumm.
"I will travel across the land, searching faaaarrrr, and wiiiiiiiiide"
"I know its my destiny!"
"Every challenge across the way, with courage I will face. I will battle every day. To claim my rightful plaaaaace!"

Anyways kage, its not your "warrior" mentality. I even like that.
... Just watch other ganons. And learn that, while you dont NEED any one thing, you could still benifit from them. If you "want to be the verry best, like no one ever was" then you need to realize that others have things to teach you. ("You teach me, and Ill teach you!")

Like wave landing on platforms. Dont over use it or anything, you dont have to use it just to show off... but it WILL help you if you work it.
I mean... even THAT was in tipman's vid way back in the day.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
As the only Ganon player around my area (aside of smeesh but hell what does he know) I'm pretty much on my own aside of looking at combo vids. And after watching a little of you linguini I'm still having a very hard time dealing with falcos (that's right falcos the one you claim is easy) This is because the falcos I play are very campy and have pretty good tech skill
I can always take them to Battlefield because I do good there but my approach against falco's needs work what tips do you have for approach and directions to DI from.
I mean I'm losing to falco's that are just not as good players as me :(
I know this becasue I can play even lower tiers than ganon and still beat their other chars pretty easy (LUIGI EVEN!)
also as a fair warning if you give me tips I could very easily get above your level (even without tips it'll just take a bit longer :) )

.....jk'n

nother Q did you get banned or did you really join with all the brawl noobs?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
As the only Ganon player around my area (aside of smeesh but hell what does he know) I'm pretty much on my own aside of looking at combo vids. And after watching a little of you linguini I'm still having a very hard time dealing with falcos (that's right falcos the one you claim is easy) This is because the falcos I play are very campy and have pretty good tech skill
I can always take them to Battlefield because I do good there but my approach against falco's needs work what tips do you have for approach and directions to DI from.
I mean I'm losing to falco's that are just not as good players as me :(
I know this because I can play even lower tiers than ganon and still beat their other chars pretty easy (LUIGI EVEN!)
also as a fair warning if you give me tips I could very easily get above your level (even without tips it'll just take a bit longer :) )

.....jk'n

nother Q did you get banned or did you really join with all the brawl noobs?
Well getting around Falco's annoying lasers can be pretty tedious, it's still possible. Did you know that Ganon's hit box shrinks when he double jumps and when he back airs!? :O But basically you just have to be patient and wait for Falco to close, most likely they're going to approach with shines or d-airs, anticipate this and be ready to grab. Double f-airs/b-airs while retreating helps out tremendously. Also try improving you tech-chasing.

Whenever you grab Falco on a platform (This works with Foxes too) you can d-throw then u-air while falling through the platform and it'll be a guarantee hit. But up the d-throws by tech-chasing with d-airs. As far as edge-guarding spacies you pretty much have to predict or wait. If you know they're going to forward-b back on to the level. You can hit them out of the quick dash illusion by pressing neutral A, and they'll fall off the platform again, but this time they'll have no choice but to Up-B, in which case you can drop-zone f-airs, d-air, or Tippy U-air.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
thx..... unfourtunately its not THAT helpful, but what can I expect i'm playing ganon :*( we're pretty much limited

I got the tech chasing down I even can combo dthrow dsmash dair tech chase fair. which is pretty much a death if I can get to the edge fast enough

I really ment like, well for example, I personally come in with either bair or uair because it's fast and I can time it against the lasers. If i Uair and they sheild I can grab them out of their shield
Is there like a better way to come in like a wave land into something or w/e

also the grab is IMPOSSIBLE their tech speed is too good
falco dair shine is too fast unless I powersheild which I'd rather just shield roll away they can't do anything but this puts me in laser distance again :(

it becomes a patient game which irritates me. I got all this power and I have to use it sparingly

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Well just work on being more patient, allowing falco to come to you, try working on shield grabbing d-airs. There's a slight frame from the still animation falco has, which enables you to grab then, wait until they HIT your shield with the D-air first and then grab. You could short hop waveland to grab or to d-air. It usually catches them off guard, because Ganon comes at them so fast, or you could short hop waveland to neutral A, which usually forces them to shield.

All that stuff I previously posted, just gives you a general idea on how to play Falco's.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
And learn to powersheild... I know its eaiser said then done, but that is what guini would say I think.
Anyways, watch this vid to get a good general philosophy of what the ganon vs falco match should be like.

Falco can be comboing you all day. But once you get your hands on him, it should be about a 50% chance your going to take a stock.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
All those things would not work on a better Falco. That vid I didn't see Chops going for a sweetspot not even once. From my experience, I play Bam and all those things don't work, the F Tilt or Fair, because he knows the spacing and sweetspot perfectly.

And ya I have been working on wavelanding a little bit just fyi. Though i didn't see much come out of it so far lol.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Your no fun Kage Catchum.
Arent you going to comment on my anaology, Kage Catchum?
I think its rather fitting Kage Catchum.
Not that it is a bad thing. I rather think you should strive to be the verry best, like no one ever was, Kage Catchum.

I soooo want to photoshop Ash's hat onto that guy in your sig.

PS:
As far as platforming dashing not being useful yet... Try playing in the foruth port. Every time you go to PK stadium, PD on the platform right in front of you either backwards or forwards.... At that height, its verry easy to use it to increase your speed either way.
I almost always get the first hit off on PK stadium.

... Then you can start praticing ledge hopping into a WD fillowed by a dash, tilt, or roll. Add that to your other options, and it will almost guarantee that you will get up safely.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
All those things would not work on a better Falco. That vid I didn't see Chops going for a sweetspot not even once. From my experience, I play Bam and all those things don't work, the F Tilt or Fair, because he knows the spacing and sweetspot perfectly.
Won't a properly-timed tippy spike hit Falco anyway?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Won't a properly-timed tippy spike hit Falco anyway?
No, if you space a forward B properly, I mean the Falco, the angled Ftilt won't work at all. If you think he's gonna do a forward B, either you get him all the way outside the stage before he does it or you are pretty much screwed. It's just subtle things like that, it's tough to guess. If he does a fire falco towards the edge you better intercept him with a jump up air or drop zone upair, though i have a problem with that one.. It's quite hard to punish depending on his angle.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
question linguini
do you need to Seuss a falco's di from dthrow or is there time to see where he's going and still grab him?

my prb is I'm play REALLY campy falcos
like i have a 75% chance of taking a stock when I'm invulnerable cause I can get close to them and I can power shield pretty good the only problem is when I do try to jump the lasers or when I do power shield they always have enough time to just back up and laser some more

I'm becoming swiss cheese to these falco's and I hate it
it's awful
they go laser, jab, down cancel, dthrow, laser, laser, Laser, LASER, LASER!!!!
if they could fsmash me they laser then fsmash me to make sure it hits
and to be perfectly honest i'm good against every other char including fox and sheik just not a campy falco
is there like another char to alt so I can at least have a chance.............
no that would be taking the ***** way out.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
for some reason I played the other day and I was ****ting on people with ganon
don't know if this is popular fact yet but brinstar is an excellent counterpick if your ganondorf
or is that stage only legal in doubles?
huh just moving with ganon keeps the pressure up.......I know noob thing to say but I didn't really figure it out until now

also people think ganon should be higher on the tier list
with all his death hits tech chases to a bunch of higher tier chars you guys think this is true? I do

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I would like to see an example of this then.

Edit: Wait is Tippy spike Reverse Up air?
You know? That thing Tipman always did in Triforce of Power. :laugh:

@Majik - I think Ganon should stay where he is, he just has so much gunning against him, especially against the higher tier list, and I think that's one of the main reasons Linguini is half maining sheik. His hitbox is too big, making it easy to edge-guard him; let alone have him only 1 option on getting back to the ledge. He can be juggled easily and whatnot. <.<

Linguini

Smash Master
When a Ganon player beats a high and top tier player, the skill gap is usually enormous, even if it was a close match. It's funny how these Ganon Q&A's always become random ganon chat rooms.

EDIT: oh, and here. Another match from back in December
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YByHqv0mUU
good **** clue, you got alot of potential bro,wish i played ya when i was in houston.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Honestly, if a good sheik tries his best against an amazing ganon, I don't think it's so winnable, at least not in a set. It can be done of course, but the odds are way against us Ganon players.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
In all seriousness, you probably could talk to PB&J about it. I know he's starting up (or has) some t-shirt design company he's running with T-Bag. I think he'd go for it.

Top Bottom