• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Maybe ill make carroll stream when I get there Monday morning. I could at least try. Could be interesting.

After I ascend with kevin, I may be a much more well rounded ganon, or ill find a ton more gimmicks and be a much better gimmicky ganon.

Renth

Smash Hero
Maybe ill make carroll stream when I get there Monday morning. I could at least try. Could be interesting.

After I ascend with kevin, I may be a much more well rounded ganon, or ill find a ton more gimmicks and be a much better gimmicky ganon.

He and I have probably two hours just the two of us worth of vids. but yea stream i'd watch don't play like a dumb baddie like me.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Oh, cool. Yea ill be at hatteras, so pretty close to nags head.

You know what? im gonna add you on facebook (dave blackmon, right?) And well see if this can work! damn id be psyched if I could get some unexpected smash in on this vacation.

:phone:
Ok I'll add you. Hilarious, what are the chances of a ganon main traveling to hatteras island lmao. Had to happen as soon as I move away.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Experience and reaction is all I can say. Every move can be DIed the right way, you just gotta time it. You have to know how to DI every specific move and then you can also predict what moves the opponent will try to combo you with. Well that's what I do.

Like Marth's Fair --> DI away. Fox Nair if you get hit depending if he overshot it or not would be like either a CC or DI inside if he overshot.

Even then it's not always the same DI that would help you escape combos, sometimes youll need to survival DI depending on your %. It would be hard to make a DI chart.. lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kage, when people do their rapid hit jab, how do I get out of it?

Seriously, I'm actually really really bad at that. I can SDI decently, I can DI decently, but I can't get out of those rapid jabs.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I DI down and away usually so I may be able to retaliate right away, it keeps me grounded. If I get hit a few times then I smash the joystick downwards away for every hit.

I would DI inside (down and in) if they are really point blank.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Kage, don't forget to calculate into your budget the money you are losing to me in our MM(s). Wouldn't want to see you stranded like M2K

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Omg m2k isn't stranded. So many false rumors lol. And yeah Raph I feel like such a scrub when someone ****s up and does a jab string and then I don't punish.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol sveet you might want to bring more than your piggy bank
LOLLLL.

Well I played a local tourney yesterday and I got 2nd, I did way better vs Bam than I used to. Gotta download even my masters!! Just a little more... >_< I beat Pkm twice but Bam beat me twice. lol.

Mirgio

Smash Rookie
when jumping up to a platform and immediately wavelanding, is it best to single or double jump? Or does it depend on the stage?

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Double is faster, but if you get hit and knocked off stage you're going to be in a worse position.

So, which one you use depends on the situation.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Couldn't you have written something slightly longer? With a joke, or something? You gave me almost no room to come up with a good response for that. I need freedom to let my creativity flow. In the form of posts that are really bad jokes.

Anyway, sorry to hear you can't make it to FC, but your personal life is more important. Still, doesn't this sort of situation make you wish teleporters existed?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Experience and reaction is all I can say. Every move can be DIed the right way, you just gotta time it. You have to know how to DI every specific move and then you can also predict what moves the opponent will try to combo you with. Well that's what I do.

Like Marth's Fair --> DI away. Fox Nair if you get hit depending if he overshot it or not would be like either a CC or DI inside if he overshot.

Even then it's not always the same DI that would help you escape combos, sometimes youll need to survival DI depending on your %. It would be hard to make a DI chart.. lol.
i meant irl in illinois when we meet up at the ganondorf house, but this is good info. thanks.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh I thought he stayed Ganon for the most part now but ya Trail is very good vs Ganon, it's not just matchup knowledge that will help you beat him, you'll need to think ahead too. =P

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Whos the best ICs vs Ganon? I played all the top ones, they're all ****ing hard lol. I barely beat Chu, I went even with Wobbles in friendlies and I also barely played Fly.

Top Bottom