• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
This discussion has made me very interested in what a good Ganon/DK team would like like.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I challenge that statement SB. me and Pseudo could wreck you

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I want to see G. Vice and SB against Ripple and Pseudo.

I think G. Vice and SB would probably win, though.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i honestly think that's what the set would look like.

maybe a down B on the other side of the screen to distract the opponent from the incoming **** lol.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I challenge that statement SB. me and Pseudo could wreck you
Dude. Blake. What the hell are you getting me into?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt1Hd8PfwVs&feature=relmfu
^ Watch that. Yea.

dibs on blue team
Absolutely not.

I'm blue. Always have been, always will be. Da-ba-dee da-ba-die (I apologize for that)

But out of respect for my ganon-slaying partner, I will also accept this money match! Keep in mind I've been playing for around 4, maybe 5, months. Those are my johns and I will stick to them.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Agreed.

I'm down Strongbad, I'll take Ripple and Pseudo, you stand there and look intimidating.
Are you saying you aren't as good at looking Intimidating as Strong Bad is? You're playing Ganondorf, he's supposed to be the most intimidating character in any game.

Is this a real thing? IS THIS A REAL THING?!?!
There's been a topic about it in Melee Discussion for ages. I know they were hoping to have a demo at FC, but it sounds like it won't be ready. Whenever it's out, we'll finally be able to have a Ganon ditto.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So, I can come to FC if one of you is willing to pay for my plane flight, hotel, entry fee, and bribe my professors to get me out of skipping research and classes.

Any volunteers?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That would require you coming in person. The only people who can do that easily are Chris, PP, and Kage.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Trail I'll show you the light, then youll be 80-20 at least. ;)

Trail you have to mix up that light shielding hog if he decides to grab the ledge or just straight up Dair/reverse uair. Also if he HAS to grab the ledge from low (Sweetspot) You can just grab the edge or Dair him again. lol.

Or you can be fancy and do like wavelands go way out there and bair haha. I like this one personally. (Though I do it as he's using side-B so he's still in lag in the air and he cannot jump or use up-b during that time, VERY important to know.) I believe Falcons use this also.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
New thing I'm going to add to my play is using Up-B in funny ways and the way it should be done too.. I have to implement it I think. It's needed at this point imo, it can give openings you wouldn't normally be able to get.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
that DK was sloppy. tsk tsk

don't expect such kindness from me

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sloppy's a bit unnecessary. More rough around the edges. We've been using the Kong for a lot longer than Ranger has, cut him some slack Rip.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Is this topic turning into the DK thread, or something?

I suppose that's alright. I mean, SB and Ripple seem to be cool people.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Hey, chris, raph, and ace (and anyone I may have forgotten):

You all live in NC, right? im actually taking a trip there starting this Saturday until like next Sunday or something.

How far do you all live from the outer banks? id be down for getting in a couple games or so if its relatively doable.

:phone:

Renth

Smash Hero
Sloppy's a bit unnecessary. More rough around the edges. We've been using the Kong for a lot longer than Ranger has, cut him some slack Rip.
He also before we played said he didn't have the match up experience either. I think he did great for being a newer player and not knowing how to fight ganon.

that DK was sloppy. tsk tsk

don't expect such kindness from me
I play with RockCrock I'm not afraid of DK players ;)

New thing I'm going to add to my play is using Up-B in funny ways and the way it should be done too.. I have to implement it I think. It's needed at this point imo, it can give openings you wouldn't normally be able to get.
Here's a few:

When someones above you on a platform and you short hop they will shield every time assuming you're going to up air, take the free Up b instead.

Obviously i'm sure you know, up b out of shield is great! especially when someones tapping on your shield from behind.

When you're being edge guarded and you know someone is waiting for you to try to sweet spot a lot of the time I intentionally up b directly into them hoping to grab them. (which usually works)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Hey, chris, raph, and ace (and anyone I may have forgotten):

You all live in NC, right? im actually taking a trip there starting this Saturday until like next Sunday or something.

How far do you all live from the outer banks? id be down for getting in a couple games or so if its relatively doable.

:phone:
I'm in Raleigh. I believe Ace and Chris both live close to the outer banks.

Top Bottom