• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Spider_Sense is going? Jason and I will out sexy everyone.

Is this the most ganons in one place.. ever?

can we have a side ganon gauntlet / like a round robin for all ganons? I'd love it
He said he is,

I believe so,

And hell yea! Everybody meet in the ganon + ripple room. Ill make sure to post the room number on here when I check in.

:phone:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
might be going to cedar point on the saturday with my dad. either way, i'll see you guys at FC.

i may room with NC at the hotel, but you best believe my priority will be on playing you guys, and other people as well.

we should definitely have a ganon gauntlet/round robin.

renth i accept the 1 dollar mm, and me and eikelmann would probably accept the doubles set as well, considering we are teaming for FC.

raphael, you might've seen me wavejab, and approved of it. i hope your style is smarter than mine in the end though. the path of a flashy ganon has a lot of plateaus once you reach certain tech skill levels. a smart ganon will never stop improving though. the more they think, the better they get. the way i play ganon solely on flash will leave you wondering how to get better at times, because the next step as far as reads goes unnoticed. playing with PP is what's going to get my mind really going again, but my flash has been static since pound 5.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
RockCrock isn't interested in FC
Linguini fell of the planet
I haven't heard from Chaddd in a long while

^
I'm pretty good friends with all of these guys so if they were coming i would know about it.

Spider_Sense is going? Jason and I will out sexy everyone.

Is this the most ganons in one place..

ever?

edit: vudujin and i will also take $2 teams MMs

editedit

can we have a side ganon gauntlet / like a round robin for all ganons? I'd love it

I "think" Spider Sense is teaming with me. But I'm honestly not sure. Double ganon, I don't know how that would go in teams anyway, but I do need a partner. My regular partner IHSB is choosing to team with someone else sadly :(

Renth

Smash Hero
we should definitely have a ganon gauntlet/round robin.

renth i accept the 1 dollar mm, and me and eikelmann would probably accept the doubles set as well, considering we are teaming for FC.

*snip*
My style has forever been about pushing boundaries. I sit and think about all kinds of new things I can come up with.. The newest I haven't been able to get on video. Easiest done on pokemon stadium, if you short up down air with someone on the platform, your head will also be a hit box. You hit them with your head of the down air, rejump waveland down so you land quickly on it and grab them as they come down. It looks beautiful.

As far as the Money match goes Chris, we'll do best of 5. I want the most I can get out of all of you. Note: You are NOT forced to only play Ganon. Ganon dittos are silly and literally whoever can get that first hit can string out a stock. I will only be using Ganon, Do not take my radical words as intimidation or me thinking I'm better than you in anyway. I simply want the best out of every one I play. Unfortunately, I usually have to be a douche to get people to play their best.

I "think" Spider Sense is teaming with me. But I'm honestly not sure. Double ganon, I don't know how that would go in teams anyway, but I do need a partner. My regular partner IHSB is choosing to team with someone else sadly :(
I'm taking all challengers, if i'm coming back into this scene i'm doing it right.

I want MM's, I want videos to study, I want to style on all of you bitches.

The doubles MMs I didn't ask vudu if he wanted to do them. Worst case Scenario Zane if you'd like for friendlies / MMs we can double ganon if you want. If not I can get other partners. However, Vudujin and I are teaming for the actual tournament.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
errmerrgeerrd
So many Ganons! haha this is awesome!
I play occasionally and hardly go to tournaments because I work too much and/or I don't have a car.
Been doing mostly falco lately but I'm bringing the triforce of power out to play all you guys at FC hopefully. I requested those days off so I'm crossin my fingers

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Hey guys, you know how you can throw out an u-air right before you hit the groud to break a combo? Nair comes out one frame later (6/7 respectively) and would sometimes lead to a better set up. Just something to think about incorporating.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
uthrow platform techchase grab uthrow reverse downb KO

coolest grab punish i've seen out of a ganon in a while, nick :)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
raphael, you might've seen me wavejab, and approved of it. i hope your style is smarter than mine in the end though. the path of a flashy ganon has a lot of plateaus once you reach certain tech skill levels. a smart ganon will never stop improving though. the more they think, the better they get. the way i play ganon solely on flash will leave you wondering how to get better at times, because the next step as far as reads goes unnoticed. playing with PP is what's going to get my mind really going again, but my flash has been static since pound 5.
No, I started wavejabbing before I saw you play. As soon as I learned to wavedash, I started to wavejab, so it was before my first tournament.

At the moment I'm focusing more on being a smart Ganon than being a flashy Ganon. In terms of practicing, I find it a lot more fun to practice being smart than to practice being flashy.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Before I read your post renth I was thinking about how dumb ganon dittos are and how I might go falco or some other character lol. Ill make sure you see all that I'm currently capable of.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
But dittos are my favorite matchup. I think they're the most fun.

If a demo for Melee Online is available by FC, can I join the Round Robin?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
if there's a setup there, and you have a functional one, i'd be down. hell, you should enter the tournament with it.
I don't think it's supposed to be up that soon is it? But that'd be pretty crazy if it was.

I'm gonna be looking to play as many people as I can. I don't travel much so I want to make this trip count. I really like to see how I stack up against some really good players.

Ganon round robins sound fun...Kage, I don't think you'll be winning this :)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
if there's a setup there, and you have a functional one, i'd be down. hell, you should enter the tournament with it.
My new laptop can run Melee in 1080p without lag (It looks really good), so I shouldn't have any trouble, assuming I'm able to get a copy of Melee online.

This laptop is also going to give really nice recording quality.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Nick, you're going too? Awesome! MOAR GANON!

Also, Renth, I accept your challenge. And seeing as I only know how to play ganon... I'm going ganon. Just know that this is me essentially burning a dollar, so I expect some sort of advice or something haha

In terms of flashy vs. smart I'm trying to incorporate a little bit of both. Although it's still too early in my playing stage to really figure out what works best for me

spider_sense

Smash Champion
No promises, but SFL wants to really go. I'm saving up for FC as we speak, cause I'd like to go to one national before I quit.

@ G. Vice - If I do go, I'd want to team with you, but if Blea Gelo come with me I'd have to do it with him. :/ Nothing personal but he's a good friend on mine. However, I'm down to team with you and we'll MM random teams for free. I'll even give you all the winnings. :D

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
that might be what it would look like. i think it'd be a pretty distinct upset if me and ian were to beat you guys. but all of our ganons are so similar and so butter, that video would look like some TAS ****, and that's what would make it worth doing, win or lose.

if the four of us had a combined ganon combo video, it'd be the most godlike thing ever lol.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
uthrow platform techchase grab uthrow reverse downb KO

coolest grab punish i've seen out of a ganon in a while, nick :)
Thanks brotha, feels good man

Nick, you're going too? Awesome! MOAR GANON!
haha I might, I might. I requested the days off so we'll see if I get 'em

Dittos are always dumb.
I concur. Dittos: Hey my character does the exact same things your character does and you get no real useful matchup experience!

I don't too well in ganon dittos but I'll try some and then some of my falco too

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Thanks brotha, feels good man

haha I might, I might. I requested the days off so we'll see if I get 'em

I concur. Dittos: Hey my character does the exact same things your character does and you get no real useful matchup experience!

I don't too well in ganon dittos but I'll try some and then some of my falco too

I enjoyed our Ganon dittos! I don't believe you get "no" matchup experience. It's just...Ganon experience...for Ganon. And also, not all Ganon's do the same thing. When I played Kage/Trail's Ganon, they were doing things that didn't even occur to me. And they were somewhat impressed and would comment on things I did that seemed second nature to myself.

SS- I understand if you team with him. If that happens, I may just not enter teams, but I'm down for whatever. I just enjoy playing smash.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
oh, yeah, what I mean is that we have the same moves, and you're saying we use those moves differently, but I still feel they're the same moves.

I'm excited nonetheless and I thought your ganon was pretty sick. Second nature is a good way to describe your ganon. The way you make him move seems so second skin.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I will have the sexiest ganon out there by FC. and then taunt you all by not using him!

the TRUE way of the warrior! take THAT kage.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Renth

Smash Hero
You know I know how to make them all stare at us right now.

you pubs cannot even handle me right noww

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Create lots of sandwich positions and combo ****, that's the best thing you should be doing. Eat up space a lot, you have to abuse the range definitely but do not hit each other obviously. Marth should try to combo while going towards you so then you can hit them off stage quickly as Marth can definitely juggle really well. (With that in mind, you should cover Marth too to interrupt the other opponent that's free. So you'll have to feel it through I guess with both of you.) You should always stay on stage, let Marth do the edgeguards Off-stage it's safer for him, you should stay on-stage mostly all the time unless you are the only that can edgeguard. Saving your partner is very important too, just look at %. If he's low % about to die but you can kill someone else with higher %, save him, don't go for the kill.

Marth should not be doing many grabs unless he's free to CG or setup a good edgeguard. In general you have to do moves instead, you both are exceptionally bad at handling 2v1 situations (as characters) so covering each other will be needed A LOT more than usual.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Create lots of sandwich positions and combo ****, that's the best thing you should be doing. Eat up space a lot, you have to abuse the range definitely but do not hit each other obviously. Marth should try to combo while going towards you so then you can hit them off stage quickly as Marth can definitely juggle really well. (With that in mind, you should cover Marth too to interrupt the other opponent that's free. So you'll have to feel it through I guess with both of you.) You should always stay on stage, let Marth do the edgeguards Off-stage it's safer for him, you should stay on-stage mostly all the time unless you are the only that can edgeguard. Saving your partner is very important too, just look at %. If he's low % about to die but you can kill someone else with higher %, save him, don't go for the kill.

Marth should not be doing many grabs unless he's free to CG or setup a good edgeguard. In general you have to do moves instead, you both are exceptionally bad at handling 2v1 situations (as characters) so covering each other will be needed A LOT more than usual.
This is really good advice, that general teams strat is really simple but can really do some damage. Have good communication with your teams partner so there isn't any confusion during intense moments or 2v1's so you don't hit each other or miss out on ko/combo opportunities. Make sure marth knows when he'll need to be the designated edgeguarder while you punish landing lag with fair/bair etc. People get to recover a lot more often in teams than in singles... but if you have your general strat for edgeguarding down you'll capitalize on those opportunities.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
With Marth also, if he's close to the ledge, have him downthrow if possible and then have him grab the ledge and you stay on the stage.. in this way you'll cover a lot of ground. The opponent will not be able to grab the ledge while you are on stage throwing out huge hitboxes to keep opponent's off stage.

Oh and especially for your team to avoid pressure, don't be afraid to hit your friend's shield if you are being pressured by a fox/Falco right in you (Or any character). Don't roll, have your friend hit your shield, it'll immediately remove any pressure and then you can restart applying pressure right away rather than resetting the position with a roll. I think staying close together in this team is important. You both should be doing this, this strategy is really really good in teams, I think it works out even better with Ganon/Marth because their hitboxes will easily go through shield while being safe. Of course, roll if your partner can't help you or you cant really defend yourself. =)

Top Bottom