• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Honestly, I think your impatient style is what you need to work on the most. There's nothing wrong with being impatient, and it can be an advantage at times, but you need to not be so impatient that you stop being safe. There were a lot of hits you got because of your style, but you also took a lot more hits because of it. In other words: Keep being impatient, after all, that's your style. Just learn to not give your opponents so many openings because of it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Kage's name isn't on the FC attendee list :/

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
he needs to quit going by Divinokage. and just be Kage

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Or KageTheWarrior

Yes, Geen I did. VERY helpful stuff in there, thanks a ton.

Especially about my neutral game actually, I have a very impatient play style in general, but that's especially weak against falco. Oh and about missing while being flashy: I thought that it would actually be quicker that way, by doing the waveland. I've seen G. Vice do it and I kind of stole it haha. But you're absolutely right, never sacrifice a hit for flash.

I also was going for a d-ftilt lol idk why i messed that one up. And You'd be surprised 2:33 works a lot more than you would think, but you have to pay attention to their teching patterns otherwise you're just guessing (ie don't just throw it out there blindly).

Forgot to mention: that advice about camping on the top platform vs. jiggs... wtf, it works. Lol it works pretty well actually. I played bieber last week and we went almost even for the most part. Thanks again!
Okay cool. Really glad to hear anything I say is showing results in your play. And hey, at the end of the day, all that matters is that you get laid. (Say it out loud it rhymes)

wtf

Divinokage

Smash Legend
he needs to quit going by Divinokage. and just be Kage
I'm the Divine Shadow, the truth! ;) Sounds way more badass.

Anyways, well if there's 150 melee and 100 P:M.. and we have 3 days.. you know what that means right? LOTS of side events possible! If there's like 50 setups as well, that's going to be an incredible tournament.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I have some bad news for you psuedo...

if you don't like downing beer while playing melee with good food and good bars a quarter mile walking distance away...

then you're going to have a horrible time. You have been warned.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
At this point, FC is looking unlikely.

If I do, I'd have to give up 2 weeks pay...which for me would be about 2 grand. And since I'm just starting this job, I'm not entirely sure that I can pass that up.

I don't know yet...I just don't know.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
If you don't know, just play it safe and don't go to FC. The tournament's going to be awesome, but it's not worth losing money or a job over.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
At worse just come for 1 day or 2, we can still MM or friendly. =)
My week long orientation to my unit will be starting the 12th. So I doubt that'll be a possibility. Now, I could always just use my vacation time next year to come or something, but idk if people will still be playing melee.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
guess who doesn't want to $mm me anymore after we've played a bit?

Eikelmann

you scared yet Ganon mains?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Scared? That word isn't in our vocabulary, only yours.

Now, on a much more important topic: If G. Vice can't make it to FC, what's going to happen to the ultra amazing MM? Is SB going to have to track down a sub?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
G. Vice you should come and team with me 'cuz I've always wanted to team with a Ganon. Also 'cuz I'm cool and worth getting to know.
I bet you are. Wish I could. Raincheck?

Ripple. If we ever meet, I'd like to MM you. Should be fun.

@Robo- It's looking like it'll have to be another time. Although, you could probably throw SpiderSense in my place and get almost identical results with a little extra ****-sauce.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What a great time. Psuedo is the ****ing MAN. And he is awesome at melee for playing 5 months. I was nowhere near his skill 5 months in. Midwest, he is reppin you guys to the max Thanks again for coming Joe.

Ganon mains ****.

Lol Ripple...

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Yo BlackChris, I don't think I'm gonna be able to hook you up with much hospitality next weekend. I'm prob. gonna have to work Saturday morning and then I gotta go pick up mango from the air port Sat. night. I'm not sure if i'm gonna go to the ganon house, my car may just drive out to south bend and get a room that night. That being said, you're welcome to come crash on a couch or something Friday night if you want.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Hmm okay. Well if I can't roll with you to the ganon house, I probably won't bother you on Friday, since I don't think I wanna add the full 2 hrs each way to get there.

I do kinda wanna leave buffalo on Friday though...maybe ill find someone who is going to the hotel early enough to deal with me.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
At this point, FC is looking unlikely.

If I do, I'd have to give up 2 weeks pay...which for me would be about 2 grand. And since I'm just starting this job, I'm not entirely sure that I can pass that up.

I don't know yet...I just don't know.
It would be a bummer if we didn't get to play each other again =\

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I do wonder what trail is gonna do vs me. Ganon vs ic's is such a weird matchup. Its ganons advantage, but its still weird. Should be fun regardless.

Top Bottom