• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Kage's falcon is aight...

I think I remember 2-0'ing it in our set ;)
Hahaha good stuff dude. Although Pseudo does not equal G. Vice.

Damn Idk why I even took this $MM now lol. A couple days ago I was playing the best I've ever played. Reading, baiting, and actively adapting for the first time ever. Now I'm back to sucking. So frustrating! prepare yourself Kage. Cuz I'm gonna be practicing until I reach that level again!

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So it looks like it's gonna be Me & BlackChris vs. Ripple & PsuedoTurtle $10 MM.
Let's 2-0 these foos, Chris
>=)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Three sheiks and Shroomed in my pool for FC. Wish me luck.
When you land a grab because they're flailing around with terrible spacing, just do the CG to death (or as close to death as convenient or possible). I think bair (in all its forms) is your best move vs her (unless she's SHing with needles or fair) because of how her body works and how her movement style operates. It always feels much harder to blatantly disrespect Ganon when he just bairs a lot and then uses high-hitting attacks when I try to go around it (uair, f-tilt, etc). I also think weird, efficient movement is really important vs her because she doesn't cover much ground when she jumps and the attacks she has that cover a lot of ground are really laggy. I don't think fair is that good vs Sheik unless she's already lost her footing, is above you on a platform, or is shaken up.

When Sheik poofs onto a platform do you guys ever up smash her? I usually go on the platforms vs Ganon to force really good timing on his behalf if he wants to get his precious throw and at KO percents it puts me higher in the air so I have more space to drift with to get back but I was thinking you guys can just up smash me through the platform and I'd be higher up so the vertical KO percent would be a bit lower than if you hit me normally... what's the timing window like on something like that? Would you need to ledgedash into it if I went deep? Is there some cheesy nonsense with the dual hit where if I shield or buffer sidestep the second hit will catch me as I'm falling off the platform or during the cooldown?

I really like his up smash so when I fool around with him in casuals I want to implement it more whenever possible.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well Dair also works from that position I think and is probably slightly faster than starting a usmash, I'm not even sure you have enough time to do that, at worst I can try in tournament if that situation comes up. lol. I guess you would have to predict that Sheik is going on the platform before she does but then you may get hit by the poof if you go for it too early. Idk.. seems like a tight situation.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I lost to Ice's Sheik in a MM before, I lost to Tope before. Well Vwins/Bam Sheik can beat me too lol.. but I just barely fight Sheiks anymore in tournament, it's all ****ing spacies.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I used to be good or decent at the sheik matchup. I even liked it at one point.
Now I'm terribly rusty.

Also,Eikelmann, I hear you play guilty gear :)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Dude there are no sheiks in NC anymore. Playing sheik at a mediocre level is beyond easy, but taking her from high level to the top is where it gets really hard.

edit: sheik is one of my best matchups, knowledge and experience-wise, at least partially because of my chaingrab mastery... but I've never beaten any notable sheiks lol.... at P5 I took amsah and shroomed's sheiks both down to 1 stock... I got 2 stocked by kel's sheik though lol. You just have to know the little tricks (obviously) and get inside the player's head. Sheiks never practice ****** Ganon because there's no point. We have to use that to our advantage. We know the Sheik vs Ganon metagame, not them (generally). Shoutouts to KK, the exception... and M2K, cause his sheik hardly ever loses period lmao

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think it's 5 each, isn't it? Or did Strong Bad just up the price?

And Pseudo, don't kill him. Just make him sponsor you.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
As long as it gets recorded, I won't complain. I want Chris to show what NC can do and destroy PseudoRipple.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So you're making Ripple throw down 18? I suppose that's fair for dragging you into it.

On a cooler note, 2v1 scrubs is a lot of fun. Thanks to it, I've recovered almost all of the tech skill I had when I last played the game a few months ago, and I'm more accurate than before. Plus, I'm responding more quickly, since I need to keep an eye on two people, who actually have a decent understanding of their characters. For some reason I can't RLD anymore, though.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Any 2 scrubs I can find in the dorm. Apparently college students have enough experience playing this game that with a small amount of work they could become Low-level tournament players. I'm also taking advantage of a lack of teamwork, and tricking them into hitting/KOing each other. Kind of like when me and Lightsyde were doing team friendlies, and the other team stuck us in situations where I'd KO Lightsyde.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*shrug* idc. It could be worth your while though pseudo. Ripple sounds pretty good at this game. Be it 2 5 or 10 ill do it, but its good to put yourself in pressure situations.

I lost a 50 dollar teams match last year. It was a good experience. Went to game 7.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Dude I'm really still just not confident in my playing at this point. Everybody who plays a top tier character just kinda 4 stocks me. And everybody else 2 and 3 stocks me lol.

Its a ****ty feeling and I know I'm gonna get better, like I already am, but like I said, I only obliged for ripple's sake haha. You coming to my place tonight?

Top Bottom