• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

bliu12

Smash Apprentice
they were friendlies. he wouldn't stay samus vs me because that matchup is boring as ****.
lol. i never play his samus either but i suck at the matchup for some reason so maybe thats why..

I didn't really play against duck, but we were in the same crew for the crew battle. He's a cool guy, and is pretty dang good at this game.

Even though I didn't make it out of even round 1 pools, I think my ganon made some sort of impact at fc.
yeah he said your ganon is mad technical and he was impressed especially since you took 3 stocks off sfat in crews

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Lol I was so confused when I came out of that match still feeling good about life. One of those stocks was an sd, but still, those 3 stocks were kinda huge for the crew. We were very close to forcing mango out of bed, but wobbles clutched out our peaches :-(

bliu12

Smash Apprentice
Lol I was so confused when I came out of that match still feeling good about life. One of those stocks was an sd, but still, those 3 stocks were kinda huge for the crew. We were very close to forcing mango out of bed, but wobbles clutched out our peaches :-(
haha 3 stocks is still legit. but now he wants me to do it at the Big House 2...lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
What take 3 stocks off sfat, or just be in his crew?

Either way just waveland places and fair. If sfat is hung over enough he'll run into it enough for you to take some stocks.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Do you guys really think the Samus matchup is boring? I've been playing it with a guy in the hall (who consistently beats me), and I think it's a lot of fun. Plus, powershielding missiles is cool.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Samus is boring if

(1) your character is bad at throwing her into the air and keeping her there
(2) your character lacks an answer to crouch, shield, and WD back in tandem

bliu12

Smash Apprentice
lol. i played smash in MI with moose and duck and juggleguy but i moved back to the east coast in CT where theres nothing. i lurk cuz im bored but i dont really like posting all that much. i do ask questions every now and then though

Divinokage

Smash Legend
We both played like complete booty to be honest. Wasn't completely happy with how the match turned out. I won 2-0, but would've liked it if we were both playing good.
It's fine dude, you got me, gg. =)

Ace, I never think I have won a set just because I 3 stocked someone one game. I always take it very seriously every game like my life is on the line.. if I played bad one set because of tech skill errors or bad decisions then it's on me.. and that happens to everybody even the best players in the world. It's up to the opponent to pick up on that and punish him for making these mistakes. I think LE did very well this set, he made some ballsy reads, I liked it.

Also I beat the **** out of Kels, my tournament was complete after that. lol. j/k

G. Vice

Smash Lord
It's fine dude, you got me, gg. =)

Ace, I never think I have won a set just because I 3 stocked someone one game. I always take it very seriously every game like my life is on the line.. if I played bad one set because of tech skill errors or bad decisions then it's on me.. and that happens to everybody even the best players in the world. It's up to the opponent to pick up on that and punish him for making these mistakes. I think LE did very well this set, he made some ballsy reads, I liked it.

Also I beat the **** out of Kels, my tournament was complete after that. lol. j/k
You destroyed Kels? Most excellent indeed :)

Also, Nite is notorious for destroying Ganons...it's actually makes me a little sad.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You destroyed Kels? Most excellent indeed :)

Also, Nite is notorious for destroying Ganons...it's actually makes me a little sad.
Ya for me it was a pretty convincing win, revenge is so sweet. Everyone was saying I'm going to get owned because he got too good vs Falcon/Ganon but I turned that around very well. =D

All my pool matches except vs Darkrain was pretty awesome. I almost even took Mango's Fox to game 5, that's how good I was playing overall. The reason why i didn't get a chance to take him to game 5 was because i killed myself at 0 on my last stock while he was also at 0 last stock. I think i edgeguarded his last stock and then I think I thought I could've wavedash back on stage or something or I think i mispressed R button and died. I was like ****kkkkk. lol.

Renth

Smash Hero
Bliu you lurk this thread so hard but I've never seen you post until now.....who you be?

Also I decided I'm going to become super technical and that I'm going to use Green/neutral Ganondorf from now on. Sorry mark. :cool:
It's fine, I'll claim blue ganon for myself.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Chris, I didn't get to meet you even though we were in the same areas for a while day 3. I was the guy playing DoH and Mouf on the TV by you for a while and I sat next to kage at steak and shake that time when the waitress was really baked
Random, and double post, but... I must ask you, sveet...

Any new thoughts on the Ganon matchup after playing kage?

still cake for marth? lol. I actually think marth wins like 60/40 (or almost that, 58/42? lol) so I agree with you, but I was curious if playing the top ganon changed your outlook at all.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Like **** you will.

When I finally meet you, we're gonna have a best 3/5 for right to claim blue ganon as their own... hopefully I'll be good by then ;)
Hey Pseudo. Did you get to play against Arby? Or Arbustos? He's my crew mate. I just wondered what you thought about it or if you even got to play him. I think he was in your pool. Also, my boy VTS 2-0'd Hax in pools! Arkansas Smash right there fellas!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Random, and double post, but... I must ask you, sveet...

Any new thoughts on the Ganon matchup after playing kage?

still cake for marth? lol. I actually think marth wins like 60/40 (or almost that, 58/42? lol) so I agree with you, but I was curious if playing the top ganon changed your outlook at all.
Didn't change my view at all. Kage did things that "shouldn't work" but because I hadn't seen them (that was the only marth vs ganon we played all weekend) they worked.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Didn't change my view at all. Kage did things that "shouldn't work" but because I hadn't seen them (that was the only marth vs ganon we played all weekend) they worked.
Eh, I mean he's a pretty reactive and adaptive player.. in many instances, he may have only gone for a move because he saw he could get away with it at the time. I also kinda feel like you either know what to expect from ganon or you don't...

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
no he was just not respecting my space. I was trying to cut corners in certain places by simply threatening and doing something "safe" and he was just ignoring the threat and hitting me

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
no he was just not respecting my space. I was trying to cut corners in certain places by simply threatening and doing something "safe" and he was just ignoring the threat and hitting me
I think this statement sums up how Kage beats a lot of top players.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Hey Pseudo. Did you get to play against Arby? Or Arbustos? He's my crew mate. I just wondered what you thought about it or if you even got to play him. I think he was in your pool. Also, my boy VTS 2-0'd Hax in pools! Arkansas Smash right there fellas!
Yea I did actually! hes pretty good. He beat me in pools i remember, like 2-1 or something, VERY close matches, lots of fun. I was kinda salty especially since I won the majority of our friendlies afterwards lol, tourney nerves johns I guess. But he definiely outplayed me fair and square, good stuff to him.

If you ever come to chicago or SMYM, we gotta play sometime. My ganon is becoming almost as wavelandy as yours :)

EDIT: my bad, I'm thinking of a different dude. We still went 2-1, but arby actually beat me in the majority of our friendlies.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Against Kage you just have to hit him. With any character.
I feel like this is true, and Kage just gets in many players' heads and makes it really hard to hit him... he makes them feel unsafe. Intimidation factor? I dunno but seriously, I've seen like 90% of all Ganon vids out there, probably all of kage's... and sometimes I still look at kage's vids and I'm like, how did he just do that? Not that he did anything special, I guess it's more like "how on earth did that work in that particular instance?" or "how did he get away with that right then?" lol. Aside from good spacing he definitely is smart about his move choice, often being 1-2 steps ahead of his opponent (which is basically the max for Ganon lol).

Btw, KK, you're the only sheik main allowed in here. You should feel privileged.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
"It's a game we play. She hates cats and tries to keep me out, but she can't, of course. I come and go as I please."

But for real... Kage's playstyle and its success vs people who are supposed to be better than him, smarter than him, etc. has a lot to do with how good he is at controlling the box and how well he feeds off momentum. He's also a master cherry picker ;)

If you want to beat Kage, you're best playing a style that exploits all of why Ganon is bad in such a way that the hits and exchanges are decisive. Minimize risk while maximizing damage and keep Ganon in situations where he has little room for player skill to interfere with your plan and give him outs that don't exist.

This all sounds very vague lol. But I assure you it works and makes sense. It's basically why Kage will not go to game 5 in set with Armada (right now, anyway) but might against someone like Mango.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm sure it sounds vague to a lot of ppl, but I hear you loud and clear. He really does feed off momentum well... darkrain`esque. By cherry picker, you mean squeezing out those winning exchanges by barely having better spacing, or shield pokes, I'm guessing?

Top Bottom