• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Haha, I guess that works. You can also uthrow on a platform, techchase usmash at low % into dair ->> then side-B or another aerial, it's kinda sweet.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I can't believe you're able to come up with crazy stuff like that. What's worse is I'm running through it in my head, and it seems to work pretty well.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I'm really trying to improve my combo game, trying to force mix up the opponent's DI so that the combos end up in my favor meaning I'm able to continue to hit him. lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
no certain situations like ~15% on DI behind or something like that. I haven't played that match-up in a long time, but ganon has a lot of options out of his dthrow and you can definitely link dsmash on certain DIs. After the dsmash hits you can follow up regardless of their DI (unless they smash DI'd and didn't get hit by the 2nd hit)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you gotta use dsmash, it's better to use it in a techchase where you can cover 2-3 options.. like when someone is close to the ledge (Though in this case it may be better to pivot d-smash) or on a platform.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ganon can definitely d-throw d-smash Sheik on some DI at some percent range.

I would doubt it's a practical thing to go for, however.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'd doubt that too, but just to be safe, you should become a Ganon main so you can know for sure.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Quick question: would you guys recommend jump cancelling your grabs? I know the grab comes out faster when you jump cancel it, but the hitbox is larger from a running grab.

If im not mistaken, kage, you typically don't jump cancel them, correct?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'd typically jump cancel, but as you said, each of them has benefits. In my opinion, use whichever is better given the situation. However, I think it's often going to be jump cancel.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Ganon can definitely d-throw d-smash Sheik on some DI at some percent range.

I would doubt it's a practical thing to go for, however.
EDIT:
Ooops, missed the "D-smash" part in your post.
Yeah it doesn't sound practical. I know a Swedish Ganon that uses Fsmash after cg, but I don't think it works at very high percentages. I usually just bair of uair.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I got 2nd at this weekend's tournament, I got beat by Bam twice but at least there was some interesting moments. =P Recorded matches will be posted soon.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i got 4th at yesterday's tournament. i lost to the nanneys (pp and twitch). i haven't even been playing ganon lately...i've been playing sheik (and still plan to switch to her) but my ganon did what it always does so i guess that's good.

edit: tournament was in a garage though. it got a little cold later in the day lol. also, no recordings. maybe next time.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I thought someone would have been able to make some recordings to make up for my absence. That's too bad.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah. she's actually more fun than i thought. gives me something new to learn. and she has similar tools to ganon, they're just...sheikier.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Chris, you can take back everything nice I said to encourage you as a Ganon main.

I hope your Sheik dies in a fire. I also feel betrayed and deeply wounded as a previous member of the Dark Brotherhood of Ganonry.

That is all.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
i haven't even been playing ganon lately...i've been playing sheik (and still plan to switch to her)
Good God, please we don't need more Shieks we need more Ganons, good ones at that. Don't get seduced by he/she! She's probably a trap anyway!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
eh we will see. i've felt the same way, but after playing her/him/it more and more, she's just...fun.

my training partner is a high level falcon ($mike). and dr peepee very well may be living with me next school year. if i continue to play ganon, it might get pretty good. if i switch to sheik and use these resources, i could become an actual threat at tournaments bigger than NC tourneys. and that's just the truth.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't ever play Kirby any longer. He's not fun anymore. Sheik has spoiled me with her options and usable moves and not being shut out in most situations. Then I go Kirby and random Fox #4518 starts cranking out the bullets on Pokemon Stadium and I just groan inwardly and think, "Oh, so that's how this is going to be..."

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i think i'll def keep ganon for scrubs.

and i'll probably still play ganon vs floaties. i'll see what sheik really feels like vs peach/jiggs/marth some day (when i have one i can play for an extended period of time)

so really, sheik is moreso for fox, falco, sheik, and falcon, but that basically means i need to main her for it to be worth anything.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
i think i'll def keep ganon for scrubs.

and i'll probably still play ganon vs floaties. i'll see what sheik really feels like vs peach/jiggs/marth some day (when i have one i can play for an extended period of time)

so really, sheik is moreso for fox, falco, sheik, and falcon, but that basically means i need to main her for it to be worth anything.
I understand the struggles of Ganon vs all those people, but I don't understand the sudden adulterous relationship you now feel like you have to engage in after putting up with arduous trials and tribulations thusfar.

Top Bottom