• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ganon vs Kirby is not guaranteed. I've played a decent Kirby, and sometimes it leaves you scratching your head. You can win if you play reallllllly spacey and defensive. But it can be annoying to get that win.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I've played PP's kirby before. I still say if your spacing is really on and you generally play safe it's virtually a done deal.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I watched some of his other games, he's an impressive Kirby. I'm going to have to come down there and ditto him once I get the best Kirby in NC.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I watched some of his other games, he's an impressive Kirby. I'm going to have to come down there and ditto him once I get the best Kirby in NC.
Well, you'll soon realize that alot of times when people are significantly more experienced and better than you that they will have the best "kirby/ness/Young Link" or whoever else you main...they just never play them.

I thought I was the top Ganon around here for the longest, then I played Iori. Who just so happens to be good with all the characters I play...namely Ganon.

Don't know how that would go now. Iori is mad good.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
From my understanding, PP has the best Kirby in NC, so he's who I need to be able to beat.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
so, fellow ganons, I got myself a problem vs. falcon. When I get grabbed, a tech chase always leads into another grab, even if I tech roll away. Can I prevent this with a perfectly timed jab / spot dodge or something, or is it pretty much inevitable?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Down-B can work to punish landing lag usually. If you catch someone from above or beside you in L-cancel lag then the down-B can give you auto-spacing so that the aerial won't hit you but the down-B will. That's pretty much the situation where it can be used. Also in tech chasing it's decent enough to use, it covers well but the reward isn't very strong.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
What kage is trying to say is: MOAR DOWN B!!!
Hahaha, I already do that. Unfortunately, that's one of the moves I tend to spam when I'm getting wrecked. Sort of a last resort thing for me, but trying to break the habit and actually try to fight it out haha.

Kage, are you saying that it is a good move to use when somebody whiffs an areal attack beacuse of the ground it covers?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well as soon as the down-B is used, because of the animation, Ganon will back up a few space just before the dark kick comes out. So you can kinda bait someone if the first aerial thrown will end up in front of your shield or if the aerial comes from above in that exact location. It forces a whiff because of down-B.

However I prefer to use side-B in that context because the reward from forcing a whiffed aerial is far greater. Side-B also gives that "Pull back" to give you extra space. Obviously though you have to be sure they commit to the aerial first, you wouldn't want to side-B then they just DJ and punish you.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You also wouldn't want the side-B to miss and you to go off the edge. It's usually bad when that happens.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
You know something, Raph? That advice about spamming the jab isn't half bad haha.

And thanks, kage, that cleared it up. So far the only time I really use it (and don't just spam it) is when I know my opponent is gonna roll near the edge and can punish them with it.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
This side-b backstep makes the Zelda matchup broken, no? Because if she's spacing properly, she has to hit you with an aerial at the peak of her jump. If you side-b and dodge it by a few pixels, the distance side-b covers more than she can move from the peak of her jump, so you get her. But I mean, it's not like Zelda is a problem for Ganon.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh ya I forgot to mention it's how you can get some grabs too sometimes. I mean when there's not enough time to side-B you may be able to DD Grab an aerial as well if the aerial is fast and doesn't have too much range.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
lmao. that was actually quite a sufficient answer, thanks dude.

I'm probably gonna upload some vids by this weekend. Think any of you could bring yourselves to make me a better ganon when they are uploaded? All help is greatly appreciated.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It works on a lot of characters that are mid-weight and lighter depending on DI and % ya. Doing it on Puff at 50% for her to die is definitely satisfying lol.

Top Bottom