• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I only asked because of how high of an amount it was, haha. Surely their skill levels aren't THAT far off, right? o_O
No, but I think Zane is better and I'm willing to put money on it. Jason is my boy too but he's mad cocky now so I wanna see how far his confidence goes.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ace, I really really appreciate your vote of confidence on me brother...but 300 dollars??

That's alot of money man. I'd hate to lose it for you and then you end up hating me lol.

But much <3 bro

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol ace wouldn't hate you even if you did lose. it would probably bother him less than we could readily imagine.

i'm staying out of these kinds of talks though. my ganon's not really **** talk worthy, and i don't think it'll get much better than it is now lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah *shrug* i think i'm close to done with this game. i have a feeling when street fighter x tekken comes out, i'll pick that up. nc melee is weird, and i've had the same ganon for pretty much the last year, even though my results are just now picking up on it lol. maybe once pp goes here next semester i'll be more interested but for now, i'm in a weird place.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I'll MM Zane for $300. Pretty sure I COULD beat him along with you Ace too (because Ace is pretty free). Do I really need Tipman, Emilio AND Dennis to vouch for me? I was willing to MM Kage for $20 so what makes you guys think I won't MM any of you?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
first emilio decides to take a "break"

bizarro flame quits for life johns

kage takes a "break" for irl fighting

then diesel decides to switch to falcon/marth

now black chris is saying he's going to quit.

sooner or later, i'm going to be the only active ganondorf in the universe.

RIP GANONDORF 2003 - 2012

also jason, i just noticed what was in your signature. did you see real steel? :bee:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
first emilio decides to take a "break"

bizarro flame quits for life johns

kage takes a "break" for irl fighting

then diesel decides to switch to falcon/marth

now black chris is saying he's going to quit.

sooner or later, i'm going to be the only active ganondorf in the universe.

RIP GANONDORF 2003 - 2012

also jason, i just noticed what was in your signature. did you see real steel? :bee:
Nah I just think it was sick how it actually does resembles Ganon's fair. lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Are you sure that's how you want it to end? It doesn't sound pleasant...
what, with pp in my area? i mean, the only time i play right now for real is with $mike, but he doesn't even have any ideas about what i should do better. he just destroys me with falcon for a couple hours once or twice a week and then continues on. not that it isn't fun sometimes, but theres not a particular point.

at least kevin probably has thoughts about what my ganon could do. so i'll either get better, or seal my frustration with the game and be done with it lol.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
what, with pp in my area? i mean, the only time i play right now for real is with $mike, but he doesn't even have any ideas about what i should do better. he just destroys me with falcon for a couple hours once or twice a week and then continues on. not that it isn't fun sometimes, but theres not a particular point.

at least kevin probably has thoughts about what my ganon could do. so i'll either get better, or seal my frustration with the game and be done with it lol.
Don't quit the game unless you just enjoy it anymore bro. If you really enjoy it, and still wanna get better, don't quit.

Record you matches with that Falcon guy. Falcon is one of my best match-ups. I'm no Kage, but I will analyze it personally and see if I can help you make corrections bro.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i've been thinking about getting a recording setup.

if nothing else, you can look at eikelmanns vids vs mike and see if you can garner anything from them.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
yeah, i've been thinking about getting a recording setup.

if nothing else, you can look at eikelmanns vids vs mike and see if you can garner anything from them.
Yeah, I will look at them. Lemme see if I can find it. Mike = Gahtzu?

You might have to link me lol

G. Vice

Smash Lord
oh, the vids aren't up yet. raphael will get to them at some point or another, i imagine. mikes tag is $mike.
Yeah I'm watching him, he's smart bro. Real smart. And sadly Ganon is combo fodder for good falcons. My advice just on initial observation would be not to throw out too many moves just for "cover." You gotta have a plan for those moves cuz he'll dash dance and grab you if you throw out even the least un-necessary move.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah that's pretty much how our matches go. i throw out something because i think he's coming at me, but he's not, and then he grabs me from it, and kills me. although i recognize it's the issue, if i wait until i know he's coming at me, i usually get hit because i'm too slow. it's not like he's unbeatable, but i think i only took my first match off his falcon the last time we played lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm planning to upload more today, I just need to stop getting distracted by Tales of the Abyss. I'll make sure I upload Mike's games next.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

If you feel stuck, then there's obviously something you aren't doing which causes him to own you over and over. I don't think that's for him to figure out, you have to figure out how to escape his traps and all that. That's how it went for me and a friend before, I got owned a million times until i got at least even with him but we played quite often back then.. And then from then on I wasn't scared of Falcon... =P

When they invented more complicated combos on Ganon then I added more defense to avoid those 0-death combos. When they used different approaches then I tried to figure out what could possibly counter all those approaches. If you can't really think for yourself then there's not really any point anymore, without a drive then you are done.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
It won't. Jason is just talking **** again lol. Every Ganon that isn't from FL is "free". Omg bodied. So murked. Lmao

In before spider sense meltdown! Lol
Well to be honest I don't MM anything under $400. Dave bro really? You're probably the most free Ganon here. Next time you're in SFL hit me up, you have my cell, or you're that scared to get bodied in front of your girl? It's ok man, I'll take my hand off the control stick and we'll pretty much go even then. =P

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Rofl Jason if you're not joking then you should know that I was. No hate whatsoever. I enjoy ****ing with people that are cocky lol, nothing more. Like I said bro you my boy. Btw do you really think I would have drug my gf out to your crib? She has no idea what smash its and wouldn't have fun at all lmao. I don't get enough time with her to do that.

I just think Zane is more likely to win at dittos. That's one matchup, lmao. Never meant to bash anyone's overall skill, I'm not about that.

And if you want to judge my skill off this past tourney feel free but I just didn't really care about my matches. I lost to people way worse than mooney, going offstage with luigi for ridiculous edgeguards stoned as **** lol. I was just happy to chill with my peeps I haven't seen in forever. I'm fine with being considered the worst Ganon of all time lol, idgaf. I know where I stand.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Rofl Jason if you're not joking then you should know that I was. No hate whatsoever. I enjoy ****ing with people that are cocky lol, nothing more. Like I said bro you my boy. Btw do you really think I would have drug my gf out to your crib? She has no idea what smash its and wouldn't have fun at all lmao. I don't get enough time with her to do that.

I just think Zane is more likely to win at dittos. That's one matchup, lmao. Never meant to bash anyone's overall skill, I'm not about that.

And if you want to judge my skill off this past tourney feel free but I just didn't really care about my matches. I lost to people way worse than mooney, going offstage with luigi for ridiculous edgeguards stoned as **** lol. I was just happy to chill with my peeps I haven't seen in forever. I'm fine with being considered the worst Ganon of all time lol, idgaf. I know where I stand.
Nah man, wtf Dave. Damn bro, I wanted to clash. lol I think G. Vice is probably mad good at dittos, but you gotta consider that I play Linguini almost everyday. lol But yeah I troll mad hard, don't worry man. When we play I'll smoke you out.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I have some more videos of my Ganon, so if you guys could give me more advice, I'd appreciate it.

http://youtu.be/CggWBXSkksE

http://youtu.be/cL46MrTJKYQ
I suck *** as fighting falco, but I might have some useful advice on fighting falcon for you.

1) work on your techs, you missed quite a few of those and were punished for it. I miss techs all the time and against falcon, it turns into a huge problem when you don't tech.

2) you used fair quite a bit. In the matchup, I try not to use fair unless it's a guaranteed hit OR if I use a retreating fair as a spacing technique

3) grabs are lethal against falcon, use them and tech chase the hell out of him

4) try to move around a lot. This makes it harder for falcon to grab you, which is a really good thing because having a falcon grab you is like an automatic setup for a knee.

5) work on your spacing. Ganon has a fair amount of priority in this matchup that needs to be taken advantage of. An example of this is at 4:57 when his bair took priority over yours.

6) great use of jabs, a lot of falcon's stuff was broken because of those.

7) as a general rule, being above a falcon is a bad thing. try to get on even ground and whenever falcon is above you, use that to your advantage. As bad as it is being above a falcon, nothing hurts more than being above a ganon.

8) at 4:28, you should have done a uair to protect yourself. Rockcrock does this alot in dittos and I picked up on it. Very effective and unexpected.

9) you can't just spam attacks in this matchup, falcon is way too fast. There were a couple times when he took advantage of some of your lag and stomped you-- this is an instant knee in many cases. Whenever you see a stomp coming, break it with a uair.

10) edge guarding is essential and relatively easy in this matchup imo. Work on it is all i can say.

Overall, not bad, but your spacing is the number 1 thing you have to work on in this matchup in my opinion. Seeing as this is easily the matchup I know best (and pretty much the only one at that...), I feel like I have used a lot of the advice I gave you and it has helped my game a lot.

Anyone else care to correct anything I may have said wrong?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Thanks for all of that. I have no experience against Falcon, so that helped a lot. Actually, I have practically no experience with every matchup, so I'm best in Ganon dittos.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I'm fine with being considered the worst Ganon of all time lol, idgaf. I know where I stand.
Ah sorry for the double post but I had to address this.

Ace dude, what the ****. Mood4Food is the worst Ganon of all time. Or TheBlueDeath... one of those guys. **** man.

Kids these days sheesh

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Thanks for all of that. I have no experience against Falcon, so that helped a lot. Actually, I have practically no experience with every matchup, so I'm best in Ganon dittos.
That's kinda funny, I suck something hard in dittos. Then again, I do play battlecow, the most tech savvy, skillful, and fast ganon on the planet (Charlie, I hope you're reading this).

Side-b can cut through all the aerials if timed correctly, right?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
From my experience, yeah. Side-B is amazing when timed right. It's one of my favorite moves for that reason. Nothing beats the jab, though. I strongly believe the jab is Ganon's best move.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
LOOOOOOL M4FD. mood 4 food. He was the first Ganondorf player I ever played. We practically grew up together back in ny. Agggghhhhhh dippn thanks for the flashback hahaha

Speaking of which, you better not quit too.

Jason, I'm so tempted to go to your tourney. I hope I have the days off/the money to go. Also assuming that there's a spot left :/

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, memphis is cool too, right? Right? Right.

I'd love to visit some tourneys but cash is TIGHT atm. Hell, it's a rough decision making the 30 minute drive to smash in memphis. But for serious. I need to play youz guyz. Especially Eikelmann. He's mine. <3

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
You know... the university of illinois is a pretty cool place as well. Maybe a visit to SMYM 13 is in order? Eddie won SMYM 1 if im not mistaken and has competed and placed highly in many since then.

Sucks being the only active ganon in illinois atm tho.

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Top Bottom