• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Well I don't know about that, but you're definitely the only Ganondorf that is good at all three games. I know Kage dabbled in Brawl one tourney but said it affected his melee game.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I don't know about that, but you're definitely the only Ganondorf that is good at all three games. I know Kage dabbled in Brawl one tourney but said it affected his melee game.
Well I used to play Brawl when it came out for 1 year seriously but then eventually everyone knew it was a **** game so I stopped there. I don't really need to play P:M to understand it, I can own everybody in that. Ganon is WAY too good.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
I see that you guys mentioned memphis and i'm too lazy to read the next three pages. Yo G.Vice, lemme know whenever youre in memphis, we do smash stuff on tuesdays and wednesdays

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'll issue a standing MM against any of you Ganon mains for 5$ best of 5 if we ever meet.

That goes for everyone. Come at me bros!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'd appreciate it if you could all watch this and tell me how to improve my Ganon: http://youtu.be/7jgG34tFoqs

I'm aware that there are times I did an upB when I should have done the usual downB jump recovery, and there were also times when at a low percent a did a dThrow and then attacked behind me instead of in front of me. I've never done either of these before, so I'm not sure why I did them that day. They clearly didn't work, though.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
first thing i'm noticing is a lot of late L cancels. this is causing your shield to pop up, which is very, very undesirable. let go of the shield button faster, and hopefully that'll stop that from happening. the same is happening for missed wavelands. you hit the shield button too late, and instead of sliding, you get stuck and your shield comes up. It seemed like less of a problem in the second game though.

overall, you played okay. ganon dittos are about a lot of little things, so missing the edgeguards hurt you (it was surprising to see jim let you back as much as he did too). any time a down B seems imminent, i always try to go out there for a bair/uair, especially if they seem a little closer than they should be.

Be a little safer with fairs if possible. i have the same problem myself, but it sucks to be punished for throwing them out there. sometimes a healthy dose of uair does a ganon good in the ditto. it's inherently safer than the fair, and beats out random fairs.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that was intentional shielding in the first game.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to use it against your Ganon next time we play.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Chris, if you look at a video of me at the last NCSU, how much do you think I've improved?

Also, I just practiced tech skill while sedated, and I seem to be about as good as I usually am.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I got owned by PKM when he hasn't played for 5-6 months, I'm mad..

Ganon vs Falcon.. I swear **** masters.. you can't beat them consistently, impossible.
Right now I'm reminiscing fondly of the 2008-2009 years (I think?) where Raynex would take multi-month hiatuses and come back and still be the best player in my region.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i can't believe i handspazzed at the end. even if i had just uaired it would've been fine, but a double jump and the wrong aerial put me in a bad position (without a kill)

and yeah, i didn't realize i was the other ganon until far too late (when i up B'd). when i realized i think i just said "i'm the other ganon..." and just shook ians hand lol. it was a tough way for me to end the set, but that's how it works sometimes.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
the funny thing is, i had one.

i'm a super noob.

edit: but i think i was looking at my opponent trying to see how he would recover to know how to intercept it. but it was me. lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Learn the difference between purple and blue color blind noob.

Just be glad you didn't do it while he was playing Fox. That would have been really embarrassing.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Sorry for this being off topic, but help... falco... I read linguini's post on how to fight falco and he said that the only chance you have of winning is to grab him (and my chances are significantly higher when I can do that), but I can rarely grab him because I just get shined/daired immediately.

Any tips? And thanks in advance for the help.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Sorry for this being off topic, but help... falco... I read linguini's post on how to fight falco and he said that the only chance you have of winning is to grab him (and my chances are significantly higher when I can do that), but I can rarely grab him because I just get shined/daired immediately.

Any tips? And thanks in advance for the help.
Timing. SDI. You can SDI away from the drill where the shine doesn't hit and simply grab him. You can also prevent getting shined immediately after a drill by alternating when you'll grab him. Instead of grabbing him after his drill and between the shine, try grabbing him after the shine on his way back up.

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
I think i remember Kage posting something about how you should almost never shield grab in higher levels of play because of predictability/lag time. Well I play against a really slow Falco with bad spacing which makes it easy to shield-grab and tech chase or CG his *** all day. I know I'll eventually play Falco's where this wont work and I'll just be combo food. SO in follow up to PseudoTurtle's question, how else do you go about grabbing a skilled Falco?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I think i remember Kage posting something about how you should almost never shield grab in higher levels of play because of predictability/lag time. Well I play against a really slow Falco with bad spacing which makes it easy to shield-grab and tech chase or CG his *** all day. I know I'll eventually play Falco's where this wont work and I'll just be combo food. SO in follow up to PseudoTurtle's question, how else do you go about grabbing a skilled Falco?
I don't know about that. Linguini grabbed Dr. Peepee alot during their set at Apex. lol Just saiyan.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was just watching that show.

Also, PP says tech skill is extremely important and I should be spending all my time perfecting it so I don't screw it up mid game. Does he say this because he plays Falco, or because he's PP?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
he says it cause it's true?

if there ever comes a point where your techskill is getting in the way of your ability to punish, then you need to work on your techskill until it doesn't.

Top Bottom