• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

spider_sense

Smash Champion
That's what I thought too, but Spider Sense was saying not to bother with tech skill.
lol I was trolling. Of course you need tech skill in order to become solid. That just goes in any fighter. Application, consistency and understanding of the mechanics of smash will help your game tremendously. Can you L-cancel consecutively with ALL of your aerials? Can you waveland onto the ledge? Can you uair on the ledge? I strongly recommend you watch Triforce of Power and if you can't emulate whats done in the first half of the video then you gotta practice harder.

Try this whenever you get spare time to practice tech skills. Go to Dreamland and do nothing but SHFFL's aerials all the way across to the other and then back again. The second you mess up; run back to the beginning and start from square one. It'll be frustrating at first, but with enough practice you'll be that much better than when you first started.

As for ledge dashing; I recommend you put on the "Endless K.O" time on since you'll be dying alot. (It's inevitable since it'll be your first time learning this tech) But try to ledge dash 10 times in a row; if you die then start from 1 and work your way back up to 10. The same goes for the uairs on the ledges.

As for wavelanding I recommend going to Battlefield to practice there since according to Tipman is "Ganon's thinking stage". lol Also double jumping instantly onto platforms makes it a bit easier to wave landing, but learning to do it from a single hop is imperative as well. Additionally, learning to do it on the ground is EXTREMELY important, since Ganon can cover distances in a quick and timely manner. Try to go jumping and going backwards then forwards then backwards again. If you follow my advice and do this for about maybe 20-30 mins a day, you'll start to see results the next time you play a friend, just play with confidence and sets will feel easier.

Some other advice I can throw your way is you can auto cancel your bair and uair without the need to fast fall (it makes it easier to become defensive or aggressive with your attacks.) Though I still want you to fast fall those aerials because it's still important.

Remember that your tech skill should always complement your mind games.

Ex: Falcon raises his shield every time you jump because he expects a bair, but instead you waveland backwards and grab him. Now the question is; can you do this without ****ing it up? Because if you just jump and air dodge in his face, you're probably going to get punished. Haha

Here's Triforce of Power. Good luck man, if you have any more question always feel free to PM or just post up here like you're already doing. I'll be more than happy to help you. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDs-lPmIUec

Btw G. Vice - I'd body you son.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Thanks G. Vice, that sounds pretty doable actually. I just wish my spacie game wasn't so terrible at the moment=/, seems like the only high tier I can efficiently fight is falcon (my school has an infestation haha)

And spider sense... wow man, that post was legit. Here's the only problem I seem to have: when im on battlefield, endless time, etc. My tech skill is near flawless. But in battle, it turns to ****. Any suggestions, or just practice and exposure?

Thanks a lot guys, you've helped my game more than you know

:phone:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Thanks G. Vice, that sounds pretty doable actually. I just wish my spacie game wasn't so terrible at the moment=/, seems like the only high tier I can efficiently fight is falcon (my school has an infestation haha)

And spider sense... wow man, that post was legit. Here's the only problem I seem to have: when im on battlefield, endless time, etc. My tech skill is near flawless. But in battle, it turns to ****. Any suggestions, or just practice and exposure?

Thanks a lot guys, you've helped my game more than you know

:phone:
Well don't let all the time you've invested in training mode go to waste. Don't be afraid to incorporate everything even if you mess up. Make sure you hit the control stick down to fast fall with your aerial and L cancel right when it's done. Try to limit your mistakes but don't be afraid to make them as well. Play a bunch of friendlies; get used to using tech skill during a match. Gaining familiarity will make you solid. If you SHFFL fair someone. Force yourself to press L when you touch the ground. If you're edge guarding someone and want to grab the ledge. Quickly turn around and try to wavedash back as quickly as you can, even if you airdodge right off the level. What if you die? So what? Keep doing it until you do it. That's the point of playing friendlies, learning to become more competent with your character and match ups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkS_E12zqA <--- This was Linguini when he first started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxTCkhrx8SA <--- Now look at him. The kid wall tech bairs lol. This is the prime example of making yourself competent with your character so that you're able to do crazy stuff like that.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Thanks for all the advice about tech skill. I'll work on doing that to make everything more intuitive.

As for the Falcon example, I'd say there's a 60-70 percent chance I wouldn't mess it up. However, I definitely wouldn't think of doing that during the game. I'll keep it in mind for next time I play.

I can do everything in the first half of the video (except for pivoting), but not as consistently as I'd like to (I'm at least 70% accurate with everything, but I'm nothing goes above 95%), so I'll practice what you said in order to improve my consistency.

My tech skill gets a lot worse when I'm playing other people, but I feel like that's because it's not subconscious enough. I don't play Ganon as much as I should, because it's a guaranteed 4stock against my friends, so I usually go Kirby (even though it's still a guaranteed win, it's more interesting.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea, that's pretty much what I thought; just keep practicing even if you fail (at this point in friendlies all I do is spam wavelands so I can really nail them).

And I've noticed that I have gotten much much much better. I looked at a few videos of a buddy and I playing... not so flattering. Kinda looks like that Linguini vs. McScruff vid (lmao still don't believe linguini was ever ****ty at this game).

On a side note... how epic was that set between him and pp?! I caught that one a few weeks ago, had to annoy all the fellow smashers here at school by showing them how it WAS possible to give pp a run for his money with a ganon haha.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yea, that's pretty much what I thought; just keep practicing even if you fail (at this point in friendlies all I do is spam wavelands so I can really nail them).

And I've noticed that I have gotten much much much better. I looked at a few videos of a buddy and I playing... not so flattering. Kinda looks like that Linguini vs. McScruff vid (lmao still don't believe linguini was ever ****ty at this game).

On a side note... how epic was that set between him and pp?! I caught that one a few weeks ago, had to annoy all the fellow smashers here at school by showing them how it WAS possible to give pp a run for his money with a ganon haha.
LOL The set was mad good, major props to Emilio. He finally caved in did the wall tech bair, after all my nagging. haha

Thanks for all the advice about tech skill. I'll work on doing that to make everything more intuitive.

As for the Falcon example, I'd say there's a 60-70 percent chance I wouldn't mess it up. However, I definitely wouldn't think of doing that during the game. I'll keep it in mind for next time I play.

I can do everything in the first half of the video (except for pivoting), but not as consistently as I'd like to (I'm at least 70% accurate with everything, but I'm nothing goes above 95%), so I'll practice what you said in order to improve my consistency.

My tech skill gets a lot worse when I'm playing other people, but I feel like that's because it's not subconscious enough. I don't play Ganon as much as I should, because it's a guaranteed 4stock against my friends, so I usually go Kirby (even though it's still a guaranteed win, it's more interesting.
Well if you want to become good with a character you kinda have to stick with that character even if you're getting bodied with him. It'll take way more time learning another character while learning Ganon. lol It sucks, but trust me; if you keep at it then you'll eventually see the fruits of your labor.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I have some videos up of my play when I'd been playing for one month and then my play from three months (the videos I linked to on the last page). I feel like I've improved a lot, especially since three months ago I couldn't use aerial attacks.

I haven't shown my friends any Videos of Kage our linguini given that they think my Ganon is incredible.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I have some videos up of my play when I'd been playing for one month and then my play from three months (the videos I linked to on the last page). I feel like I've improved a lot, especially since three months ago I couldn't use aerial attacks.

I haven't shown my friends any Videos of Kage our linguini given that they think my Ganon is incredible.
And I assure you 3 months from now you'll body those kids! And if you think Kage and Linguini's Ganon are beast, wait till you see mine. ;)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hi, My name is spidersense. I wavedash alot, and I'm pretty good at wavelanding. I moonwalk all over creation, even when there's no need, just to prove I can do it. I do alot of double jump FAirs, and I like short hop double bair alot. I'm probably the most technical Ganon...at least everyone thinks. It's because I'm like, always doing stuff, and everyone else is slow. When presented with an opportunity to get an effective FAir that could lead to an edgeguard, I say "forget that... I'd rather moonwalk to pivot jab." Apparently no one else can ever do this, because they don't spam it all the time like me. Meaning I'm the best. Oh and yeah, I'm the best.
:awesome:

<3 Spidersense...but for real I'd love to MM ditto you.

I think it'd be a lot closer than you might believe :)

spider_sense

Smash Champion
:awesome:

Hi I'm G.Vice I'm just free. I miss alot of tech chases, can't edge guard well and don't cover options nearly as good as spider_sense. I wish I could be like him. He's inefficient enough to beat Shiz in teams, take a match off of Lambchops, beat DruggedFox, Green Mario, Smashmac and beat Raistlin who got 9th at Genesis. I think I understand playstyles, but I don't. I get bodied by the same Fox player in my region. And I don't do anything practical. Let me try to MM spider_sense because I judge off of videos and think he's easy to beat. I'm just that freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
LOL Oh G. Vice I'd be so happy to take your lunch money. :3 Don't be so hard on yourself man, you're mad good.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
LOL Oh G. Vice I'd be so happy to take your lunch money. :3 Don't be so hard on yourself man, you're mad good.
Lol touche sir! I'm not gonna lie, I just don't know how to beat that one fox guy. Being in Florida would be awesome, though. Lots of diverse playstyles to learn from and adapt to.

Seriously, it would be awesome to play you. I'm sure we'd both surprise each other somewhat.

Oh, and bring it. I still think you'd end up paying me :)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
In my opinion, I could beat spider_sense. He clearly knows a lot about the game, which means, unless he's some kind of genius who can spend 10 minutes on a calculus test and get 100%, he'll be too busy thinking to play well.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Lol, I just love smack talking to be honest. No hard feelings Spidey. I know you're one of the most respected ganons for a reason.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
The only reason he's respected is because he's riding on Spiderman's reputation. And he's good at Ganon, but that last part's irrelevant.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
In my opinion, I could beat spider_sense. He clearly knows a lot about the game, which means, unless he's some kind of genius who can spend 10 minutes on a calculus test and get 100%, he'll be too busy thinking to play well.
I suck at calculus lol, but I love Geometry! Raphael is gonna body me in the future. I called it! D:

Lol, I just love smack talking to be honest. No hard feelings Spidey. I know you're one of the most respected ganons for a reason.
=P Nah man you're always free.

J/k Yeah I'm down, come thru to Florida and we'll teach each other stuff. Nothing wrong with smack talk. Linguini and I did it the other day, it was mad funny. It keeps the community strong and the players closer (as friends)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm not that good at calculus. It takes me 30 minutes rather than 10, and I only get a,90.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I used to talk **** all the time....when I was like 8 and at the playground rofl, **** just looks dumb now though.
What's the harm in two people having a little fun? If we were being serious and had true hate generating then it'd be stupid, yeah. But like this? Nah. Lighten up Mooney, you'll enjoy life more :)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think trash talking is fun, as long as it isn't serious. And I use the word trash, because I'm much more polite than all these other Ganon mains.

As for lifting stuff: It's only impressive when you dye your hair gold. Just saiyan.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Let's have a buff contest. Whoever's in better shape physically next time we meet wins. The loser has to buy the other a meal. It'll be a MM...a meal match :D
lol Wouldn't want to fight Kage because he looks giant. I'm pretty sure he would grab me and slam me on my **** if we ever fought. Tipman is pretty swole too. Emilio is getting muscle too, so I won't be able to noogie him anymore. G. Vice what kind of martial arts do you do? I used to do Po chi lam and Sup sai pai and eastern animal forms, then I moved straight over to boxing.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
lol Wouldn't want to fight Kage because he looks giant. I'm pretty sure he would grab me and slam me on my **** if we ever fought. Tipman is pretty swole too. Emilio is getting muscle too, so I won't be able to noogie him anymore. G. Vice what kind of martial arts do you do? I used to do Po chi lam and Sup sai pai and eastern animal forms, then I moved straight over to boxing.
I took one semester of Aikido, and I'm not by any means proficient. I've always been able to more than carry my weight when it comes to wrestling and stuff. But I don't actively practice any fighting style. I do work out, but that's about it to be perfectly honest. I used to be pretty in shape, but I have shoulder problems so I had to take about a year off. Just getting back in the swing of things.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lmfao @ fight talk. Seriously, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Jason, I got $100 on Zane beating you in dittos. How far does your confidence go? I'm willing to go to $300. I have paypal.

Edit. Fight talk deserves another lol. So,
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Top Bottom