• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
uh, i really don't know about the wilm tourney. currently, it's scheduled for a sunday. so eh. i'd probably pick your sheik though. seems the most worth fighting, from my perspective anyway.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I really started thinking to myself about things last night before I went to sleep, and I considered that I've never really done so much just to see a certain group of people before.

So, I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of your friendships more than you know. Thanks for being so awesome, guys. Each and every one of you are absolutely kick-***. :D

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Just placed fairly well at a 25 man Texas tournament (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318294). It amazes me, cuz the falcos I beat normally 3 stock my ganon. But I f***ing wrecked their sh** in the tournament!!!

vs Falco
Watch the last match of the set. Complete upset. This guy never makes less than 3rd. Beat G$ in pools at Genesis I think it was. Legit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5O0fGq9Z6I&feature=plcp&context=C375df93UDOEgsToPDskKs52qff7WWnV0fuyqdHt0Z

vs Falco
This guy always beats me too. I dunno what happened in my mind to start wreckin these Falcos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vgz3o-Yo-0&feature=plcp&context=C3590991UDOEgsToPDskIxrmt7l4ZKxGsNb88foA6y

vs Peach/DK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7zV07evNH8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

CRITIQUE PLEASE :D

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I just rewatched my sets against Jim and EWBF, and I'm pretty happy with how I played in them. I'll be uploading videos in a few days, so I'll be expecting advice from you guys at that point. I'm not as happy with how I played in my other matches, but that makes sense, since I played a few friendlies before rounds 1 and 2, but then didn't play any more friendlies until after the tournament. I read a lot about DI, SDI, and ASDI, so I should be able to use them to get out of combos next time I play.

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
What's up Pawl, fellow Texas Ganon here, i was going to go to TYS had it not been for work :/
Did you get a chance to play Sethlon? We had a little smashfest last sunday and my Ganon only beat him once.. he walked all over him. I was just wondering if your Ganon had any luck against him haha

Also, would you happen to be Clueless from Houston? Or is there just an Excess of Houston Ganons named Paul.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
What's up Pawl, fellow Texas Ganon here, i was going to go to TYS had it not been for work :/
Did you get a chance to play Sethlon? We had a little smashfest last sunday and my Ganon only beat him once.. he walked all over him. I was just wondering if your Ganon had any luck against him haha

Also, would you happen to be Clueless from Houston? Or is there just an Excess of Houston Ganons named Paul.
That's most definitely Clueless.

Also, Pawls how did you do vs IHSB the last time you played him?

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
That's most definitely Clueless.

Also, Pawls how did you do vs IHSB the last time you played him?
I wasn't ready for a samus in that league. I remember being 2 stocked on YS in pools at Pound V, but I've vastly improved since then, I would say.

It's amazing that I improve at all, considering that I'm a single father of 2. Houston melee has been growin so fast, so any time I wanna play, there is always a good smashfest at least.

And yeah, I've played Sethlon on several occasions. We are mostly even, but I think he has a very slight edge over me. However, he almost always places higher than me, so you can call him a more rounded player.

Here's another one from the same tournament. I shoulda won this, but i failguarded way too much :p
vs Broly (guy that plays with his face. Took me out, made second place)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtlKq-BXejo&feature=plcp&context=C3c5c159UDOEgsToPDskIPDtM1ro7QIA-ll-zSENu9
^^^^^^
Watch the way I get the last kill. I want you all to incorporate this into your game. Moonwalking is too good 4 mindgames.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Of course there is. Any move that has multiple hits like that can be smash DI'd.

One way I used to practice Smash DI is I would have my friend use ICs and freeze glitch me in the air, and every time he hit me, I would try to get as far away as possible.

No idea if you have any friends that know how to do that, though.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Of course there is. Any move that has multiple hits like that can be smash DI'd.

One way I used to practice Smash DI is I would have my friend use ICs and freeze glitch me in the air, and every time he hit me, I would try to get as far away as possible.

No idea if you have any friends that know how to do that, though.
lol i don't... but I can always practice smash di on my friend who mains peach. thanks ian

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, one way to practice teching against the stage is to throw motion sensor bombs against the stage.

the other thing is to get tired of a falco downsmashing you for kills. that's how i got good at it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
well, one way to practice teching against the stage is to throw motion sensor bombs against the stage.

the other thing is to get tired of a falco downsmashing you for kills. that's how i got good at it.
For Dsmashing/Fsmashing falco or foxes, work on your ledge techs. Lots of times you can tech BAir them. I've learned to do it pretty consistently. Also handy for Fsmashing marth's on the ledge.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i do it all the time. i'm surprised more when i don't tech things.

i teched a ganon fair from the stage last tournament. it looked funny. i'm known around here for being a little bit hard to kill.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
No problem.

maaaaan, I can't wait until I'm good. It must feel so great knowing you've accomplished so much, Kage. ;_;
It definitely feels awesome, now I have acquired the unyielding confidence because of it. =P It already feels great I've had so many great sets vs top players, I can't really ask for more except actually defeating everybody but well, that's another story.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
I really started thinking to myself about things last night before I went to sleep, and I considered that I've never really done so much just to see a certain group of people before.

So, I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of your friendships more than you know. Thanks for being so awesome, guys. Each and every one of you are absolutely kick-***. :D
no homo
And dammit, people should come to memphis

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I really want to come to Memphis to visit all the melee players there. Maybe once I get a job.

I'll throw mines around to help me practice.

Also, I was thinking that I need to get to the point where my tech skill (wave dashing, DJ platform dashing, etc) is subconscious, like running is. In order to do this, I'm planning to watch Dragon Ball Z while practicing, and pay complete attention to the show rather than Melee. What are your opinions on trying this? I doubt it'll happen today, though, since my copy of Tales of the Abyss 3D just arrived, and I'm planning to spend the rest of the day playing it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
If we're talking about Memphis, that's pretty close to me. And you have some seriously good smashers there. IHSB, Iori, Nite, and the Arkansas gang would all be there to smash. We gotta get together. But I'll have ya'll know, these guys are ready for Ganon lol. I've got them all warmed up at that matchup haha

But yeah we go to memphis pretty often, me and IHSB are running buddies. We'll team on you fellas and put something on ya A-Jax won't take off :)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I took a game or two from Nite when we played friendlies at TO7. I haven't played with IHSB or Iori in years, though. ):
Yeah Nite's mad good. He somehow is one of the few people who gets better at smash by not playing it. It's weird, but he is definitely legit. Iori is still smart as ever, and fast. He too never plays. Jack is awesome as always, active, and has plenty of tricks and has done well keeping up with melee technically.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I really want to come to Memphis to visit all the melee players there. Maybe once I get a job.

I'll throw mines around to help me practice.

Also, I was thinking that I need to get to the point where my tech skill (wave dashing, DJ platform dashing, etc) is subconscious, like running is. In order to do this, I'm planning to watch Dragon Ball Z while practicing, and pay complete attention to the show rather than Melee. What are your opinions on trying this? I doubt it'll happen today, though, since my copy of Tales of the Abyss 3D just arrived, and I'm planning to spend the rest of the day playing it.
Lmao that sounds like an interesting plan. but honestly for me, it basically becomes subconscious with experience. If you play with a lot of people, at first it will suck (because you'll **** up a lot of that tech skill).

But after practicing it, it sort of becomes natural, I don't even notice myself wavedashing anymore.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I can do it against my friends, though, because I don't have to think about anything other than technical skill when I play against them. I'm also perfect at technical skill while practicing. I only mess it up when I'm playing against people who are better than me, and I have to think about things other than technical skill.

Eikelmann, be like me and use Kirby as a secondary. You know you want to. He's probably better than Ganon in the Sheik matchup, though that's about it.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Thursday. I have to convert the file to MP4 before I can edit out the individual matches, and because I have everything in one really long 11 hour file, it's taking a while to convert. My estimate is it should be done converting Thursday morning, so I should be able to upload it that evening. Bracket matches will go up first, and you made bracket, so your matches will be some of the first up.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I will never understand jack's style. so ****ing weird loool

all of the samuses in florida will camp vs ganondorf. so frustrating. i may end up just throwing away my pocket fox for falcon as a secondary.
What's up Ian? Someone murking you? Come to my tournament on the 25th and I'll beat him for you bro. =/

Эикельманн [РУС]

yeah man, plup and 3 camp the **** out of me now. not really murk, they just frustrate me.

thank god for kage vs samus videos on youtube. gonna take notes asap lol

also jason, i'm probably attending a brawl tourney down the road instead unless someone from orlando literally decides to drive and take me along, which i doubt will happen because people will call the spots before i can.

i may even be working, no clue. wish i could go though. we haven't ditto'd in almost 2 years now.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
yeah man, plup and 3 camp the **** out of me now. not really murk, they just frustrate me.

thank god for kage vs samus videos on youtube. gonna take notes asap lol

also jason, i'm probably attending a brawl tourney down the road instead unless someone from orlando literally decides to drive and take me along, which i doubt will happen because people will call the spots before i can.

i may even be working, no clue. wish i could go though. we haven't ditto'd in almost 2 years now.
Well if you come I promise to ditto you as long as you want. :rotfl: :3 You know you wanna play THE GREAT SPIDER_SENSE!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
G. Vice, what does the G in your name stand for? Ganon?
Funny story about that. I was in a crew and everyone just called me Zane, but we knew to get big everyone needed a smash name. So I couldn't come up with one. I played Ganon, and he's a Gerudo. So my crew leader at the time named me Gerudo Vice, because I was also the second best player in the crew. And so G.Vice came out of that, and it's now who I am.

So technically, the "G" stands for Gerudo.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Well Vice could be also the evil in your heart, yes? So it works out. lol.
Everyone pretty much calls me either Zane or Vice. I like to think of Vice as like I have a "vice grip" on their throat so to speak. Although the evil side of one's suppressed state could be a fitting definition for me when I'm on point ;)

I kinda like to "Devour" stocks if you get what I'm saying :D

Top Bottom