• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
I feel like you've already asked me this.. lol
Pinkie Pie Presents? Yeah i was there, but it wasn't in Dallas it was in Grapevine. Unless there was another tournament?

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
I feel like you've already asked me this.. lol
Pinkie Pie Presents? Yeah i was there, but it wasn't in Dallas it was in Grapevine. Unless there was another tournament?
i believe i did, but i asked again because
i was talking to my friend about the tourny next week and he was there and it clicked i wonder if tyranny played yannis, the samus

also are you going to any of the houston tournys?

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
yannis, the samus

also are you going to any of the houston tournys?
I did play Yannis, that dude was chill as ****. Although i never beat his Samus i did beat his Marth a couple of times in friendlies. He's got really fast hands and i learned a lot about breaking grabs from him. Do you guys play often?

Houston is pretty far out of the way for my job considering i work nearly everyday. Maybe if we had a Dallas crew going for a day or so i could carpool with them, but 2-3 day trips usually wont work for me

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
I did play Yannis, that dude was chill as ****. Although i never beat his Samus i did beat his Marth a couple of times in friendlies. He's got really fast hands and i learned a lot about breaking grabs from him. Do you guys play often?

Houston is pretty far out of the way for my job considering i work nearly everyday. Maybe if we had a Dallas crew going for a day or so i could carpool with them, but 2-3 day trips usually wont work for me
eh, semi often, he lives on the opposite side of houston so i see him every once and awhile

I think a few people from dallas are heading down for tys but i could be wrong, i know there are a few houston tournys coming up
im stoked

Tyranny

Smash Cadet
Yeah im pretty sure Sethlon and PinkiePie are going down. They offered me a ride but today is my birthday and i've got **** to do this weekend. I'll keep up with the houston melee thread and make sure i have a couple days off for the next one. But yeah, the only two active Ganons in Texas need to play...

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
question: how to win in a ganon ditto?

For some reason, I am just god awful at ganon dittos. I repeatedly lose to ganons who are far worse than me in dittos haha, no idea why. But any help would be greatly appreciated.

Battlecow

Play to Win
And by "far worse than you" you mean "BETTER BETTER BEST GANON EVER SO MUCH TECHSKILL" right?

;)

Can't wait to take more a' dat $$$. NAIR 2GUD!

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
And by "far worse than you" you mean "BETTER BETTER BEST GANON EVER SO MUCH TECHSKILL" right?

;)

Can't wait to take more a' dat $$$. NAIR 2GUD!
Charlie, I say "far worse" not just because you spam attacks. Its because you don't even spam the good ones, YOU SPAM NAIR!!!!

The cash will be mine again!!!!
Haha, anyway... what are you doing tomorrow?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't really think it's underrated since I use it when the time is right but using it as a spacing tool.. hmm I don't really agree since the range of it is terrible and you can't allow yourself to whiff an attack. Though using it as a pressure attack might work followed by jab since it changes your timing up a little bit and there's not much they can do OOS. And also using it to juggle is great granted you mix it up with uairs and Fairs to screw with the opponent's DI.

As for Ganon dittos, learn your attacks.

Like using side-B can punish all aerials if timed correctly once they commit. Bair can beat uair, uair can beat Fair, Ftilt beats Fair. Fair is usually pretty bad in the matchup actually since it doesn't really beat anything except if you space it or time it correctly. (Of course using it as an edgeguard or comboing is really good)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, but from what I've seen you're the only Ganon that actually uses it, which is why I said it was underrated. I like to use it mostly as a quick pressure attack->jab, but I don't know how well that would work against a good player, but I also use it for juggling.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There's one area on stadium where Ganon can actually shield pressure. It's on the mountain transformation if the opponent is between the slanted platform and the middle platform on the right. You can AC double hit Nair into Jab and it'll have enough stun where you can do it again lol.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I've done similar stuff. That slant is broken. Mountain + Ganondorf = get wrecked.

Also, Kage. I played Plup twice in bracket the last tournament here in Orlando, and he camped me so hard. I had no clue what to do. He told me to ask you about it.

What do you do against campy samus? Is it un-winnable?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I've done similar stuff. That slant is broken. Mountain + Ganondorf = get wrecked.

Also, Kage. I played Plup twice in bracket the last tournament here in Orlando, and he camped me so hard. I had no clue what to do. He told me to ask you about it.

Just remember that you can hit any of his missiles, and if you ever do get in on him, he pretty much has no grab on you so you can pressure him alot. Yeah they can up-b oos, and that'll get back to neutral ground for them, but it's still not so fast where they can get to complete safety again.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Charlie, I say "far worse" not just because you spam attacks. Its because you don't even spam the good ones, YOU SPAM NAIR!!!!

The cash will be mine again!!!!
Haha, anyway... what are you doing tomorrow?
Nair is the best move in melee. Facts.

I got woman stuff tomorrow + saturday :(

Divinokage

Smash Legend

It's not unwinnable it's just hard to win against a Samus that way. You have to play the poking game vs her, hit missiles if you can while paying attention to his position since you don't want to get stuck in lag in any way. Umm.. You also want her above you if you can.. you can't really use slow moves either on her shield because she'll have time to WD forward to dsmash or dtilt.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I don't think I talk quite as much irl, but the sense of humor and charisma is all still there. It usually takes me a while to get comfortable somewhere, but once I'm comfortable I act like this. And given that I've been to state a few times, and to one NCSU, I should be fairly comfortable there.

And yeah, I'm hyped for this. Just remember, my Ganon is purple. Also, are any Green Ganons attending? From my count, there should be two purple Ganons, one blue, one red, and one brown. This means that purple is the best Ganon color, and green is the worst.

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
And yeah, I'm hyped for this. Just remember, my Ganon is purple. Also, are any Green Ganons attending? From my count, there should be two purple Ganons, one blue, one red, and one brown. This means that purple is the best Ganon color, and green is the worst.
Brown is the best ganon. :awesome::awesome::awesome:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Man I'm so jealous of all of you. A ganon convention and I'm missing it... I bet I would learn a ton.

All I ask is that you post many videos online of this epic gathering.
Have fun and good luck to all of you!
It's essentially a local NC tournament, but every NC Ganon is going to be there (that's four of us) and Eikelmann's coming, so that makes five. In our opinion, that's a good enough excuse to call it a convention.

Kage, you not being here proves that you don't deserve to be a Ganon main. You're a fighting main now, deal with it.

Top Bottom